Poll
Question: Go use the other topic
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 272   
Print
Author Topic: Bidding Poll Topic  (Read 557987 times)
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: February 04, 2017, 02:58:53 PM »

that was a bit rude Hmm

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 04, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »

the bidder clearly worked hard on it...no need to call it like that

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 04, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »

I don't get it, I think the bidder should rework it to be more simple. There are too much things going on and some roles have a hard win rate.

Snom
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 04, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »

I kinda get it now
It's A LOT of things happening...and I voted no bc MIB is practically Captain's Daughter and..there are A LOT of things that'll go wrong with that.

The original Captain's Daughter or the newer version that only knows the Captain?

Snom
!!Vinny927
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 04, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »

To clear things up (as the bidder)
-Jacob is not a player in the game. Not one of the 17 players. He might as well be me. He's merely a condition that needs to be met before MiB can find and kill the Candidates
-MiB has no idea who the Candidates are, they could be any of the 16 players
-MiB has to kill 7 people, I believe that knowing the role list is fair
-can someone elaborate on "the worst seer results ever"?
-every phase, MiB can drug one player, who dies the next cycle (i.e. drugged Night 1 w/ no cure->dead Night 2)
-every phase, MiB can infect one player, rendering their skills useless (i.e. MiB infects Vinnie the Seer, Vinnie can't use seer)
-MiB can chose to either use one of the infected players' abilities, or control their lynch vote/wolf (useful, because MiB doesn't have any other method of killing)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:32:49 PM by Vinnie927 » Logged

no
!!Vinny927
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 04, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »

I don't get it, I think the bidder should rework it to be more simple. There are too much things going on and some roles have a hard win rate.
How would you suggest doing that?

no
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 04, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

'Worst seer results ever' include 4 Masons, 2 Disguised Wolves that both have powers, an entirely new colour (orange)

I kinda get it now
It's A LOT of things happening...and I voted no bc MIB is practically Captain's Daughter and..there are A LOT of things that'll go wrong with that.
It's not the Captain's Daughter though. It knows all of the roles, but it's an independent. It can maybe use this to fake being the Seer, or to know who to kill. It balances out the game.

The bidder's way of saying who Jacob is wasn't great. Pretend instead of 'Jacob', it's a button. The Guardian can protect the button from being pressed, other roles can press the button. When the button is pressed, a Candidate becomes the Protector and gains the ability to kill the Man in Black.

I agree, it's not a great bid, but you're making up problems.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

!!Vinny927
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 04, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

How would you change it?
-the overabundance of masons(millers)/disguised wolves gives more space for the MiB to hide

no
Oofis
Restaurant Legend

The OG avatar

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: February 04, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »

-can someone elaborate on "the worst seer results ever"?
I can. The two humans who get seered red could pass as masons, and if someone is see red white, they're clearly the protector and therefore one of the candidates. Also, the addition of orange seer results just seems a bit weird to me, that's all. And sorry if I sounded a bit rude before, I didn't mean to be rude.

stan oofis stream flip hop
noname
« Reply #3279 on: February 04, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »

Someone took Deathlock Castle as a challenge.
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 04, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »

Behind the overly long description, it's a solid game, Vinnie can just alter the description to be less ridiculously long, it won't change anything about how the game functions.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 04, 2017, 03:54:56 PM »

I've rewritten the Man in Black's abilities to be a lot shorter and to the point.
Spoiler:
-Night immune to all except Protector
-Can change his colour every night, similar to Dauber Wolf
-Knows all Player's roles, and their actions each night (i.e Nickito guarded Lenny)
-Once each Day and Night, can throw a heroin bag at someone to 'poison' them. The next Day/Night, the 'poisoned' person will die if they are not healed by Jack or Juliet.
-Each Night can infect a player and steal their night power. Can use their power the same night, or steal  their lynch vote for the next day unless they are disinfected by Ethan or Desmond.
-His lynch votes do not count.
-Wins when Jacob and all 6 Candidates are dead. Overrides Human/Wolf victory.
-The Candidates are 6 random players that can be Human or Wolf. They know that they are candidates, the MIB does not.
-Once Jacob is killed by the Man in Black, he learns the Candidate's names and a random Candidate becomes the Protector
-The Protector is seer'd white and in addition to their normal night power, can also choose to attack someone.
-If they are the MIB, they die. If not, nothing happens.
-The Protector's role does not change otherwise.
-Jacob isn't a role in the game, he is an abstract concept.
-Players can use powers on Jacob like they normally would to anyone else

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 04, 2017, 03:56:02 PM »

Still..I feel like..there is too much to it

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 04, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »

Changes I would make:
-Protector no longer becomes White
-Jacob is not a thing anymore, Man in Black learns about the Candidates' identities after one dies from his actions

!!Vinny927
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 04, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »

Only the MiB wants to kill candidates. The only other reason you would want to kill a candidate is if they were also a wolf.
Messing with Jacob messes with the mythology of LOST
Any changes would be too messy. This game is perfectly balanced if the right player ends up as MiB

no
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 272   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.