Poll
Question: Go use the other topic
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 272   
Print
Author Topic: Bidding Poll Topic  (Read 557338 times)
Oofis
Restaurant Legend

The OG avatar

View Profile
« Reply #3300 on: February 06, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »

Before the rest of the cult haters get here, can I just quickly ask something, if all of you hate cult so much, how did the first cult game get accepted exactly and how come so many of these recent bids have had cults in it?

stan oofis stream flip hop
Shendelzare
« Reply #3301 on: February 06, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »

Looks like I got an idea for a new bid of mine there. :3
noname
« Reply #3302 on: February 06, 2017, 08:12:22 PM »

Before the rest of the cult haters get here, can I just quickly ask something, if all of you hate cult so much, how did the first cult game get accepted exactly and how come so many of these recent bids have had cults in it?

The first cult game was likely either a TWC game under the previous bid system or a Miller-like situation where we underestimated how overpowered a role would be. It's in bids occasionally still because people refuse to accept that a role being old doesn't make it good.
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 06, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »

It was a TWC game, Nickito made it.
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 06, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »

But if the cult can only infect like the vampires in ToS, they wouldn't be OP.

I bidded this and most of the complaints first round were an OP cult. I feel like infecting once every two nights is not overpowered.

Snom
PixelHunter
Sundae Master

:D

View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 07, 2017, 03:06:47 AM »

Conversion every 2 nights makes it balanced, and the fact that some roles are immune also help (but I have a question for the bidder: how much of the population need to be converted to win?). Plus, the decoy wolf & the blacksmith make for some interesting drama.

For these reasons, I voted yes.

Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 08, 2017, 02:51:26 PM »

Captain's Ship did not receive enough votes to become a TWG.
Yay a Birthday theme! Everyone likes birthdays, now let's see how you like Birthday TWGs.
The Four Presents:
TWG - The Four Presents

Story: One of the humans in town is having a birthday soon. The other four humans have presents that they can give to the birthday boy to protect him from the wolves that want to kill him and all the other humans. On top of all this, a horrible magician is rumoured to have moved in to the house at the end of the Main street and he can do all sorts of damage to the humans and wolves.

Rolelist.
Human
Human
Human
Human
- all humans have a present of some sort that they can choose to give to the birthday boy. All the presents help keep the birthday boy from the wolves in one way or another.
Birthday Boy - can receive ONE present from ONE human each night. Immune to wolves for nights 1 and 2. If the birthday boy dies, town auto-loses.

Guardian
Seer
Lawyer
Necromancer
- if the birthday boy dies and necromancer hasn't used their ability yet, they can revive the birthday boy and give town one last chance. This removes all the present effects though.

Disguised Wolf
Wolf
Brutal Wolf

Student
Maniac
Amnesiac
- not allowed to remember as the birthday boy
Thaumaturge - can visit someone each night. Check the spoiler below for details.

Thaumaturge outcomes:
If the thaumaturge visits a wolf of any kind, maniac, amnesiac or a blue role, the person is left alone.
If they visit a human, they take their present for themselves, or if they don't have a present they are left alone.
If they visit the birthday boy, they take any presents that he has.
The thaumaturge wins by stealing at least 3 of the 4 presents.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Shendelzare
« Reply #3307 on: February 08, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »

I voted no because what if a wolf directly attacked the Birthday Boy, leaving the difficulty easy for Wolves?
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 08, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »

No for the reasons adriel gave

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »

If the birthday boy is lynched, wolfed, or attacked by a possible student into killing role, the game ends. Would be very bad. No.

A break in protocol?
The Real Alien
« Reply #3310 on: February 08, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

I am sorry but roles with "if they die faction loses/wins" are terrible, if you can’t see why, check Embodiment Of Scarlet Devil
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 08, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »

^

Snom
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 08, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »

I think the results are quite clear.
noname
« Reply #3313 on: February 09, 2017, 01:07:54 AM »

This would actually be a great bid with an interesting new gimmick if not for the town instant lose. It's a shame, really.
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 09, 2017, 05:16:39 AM »

I agree, the gimmick actually is cool.

Snom
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 272   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.