Poll
Question: Go use the other topic
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23686.0

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 272   
Print
Author Topic: Bidding Poll Topic  (Read 550708 times)
Abu
Radley's Rival

Complicated.

View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: February 11, 2017, 05:56:08 PM »

It should be like that for every bid, tbh.

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
noname
« Reply #3346 on: February 11, 2017, 09:40:34 PM »

Spy-not, you bleeped up. There are so many things wrong with this game's concept that I don't even know where to begin.
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 11, 2017, 09:44:33 PM »

hey I like this game I think it's funny and honestly I would play it

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 11, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »

Spy-not, you ∗∗∗∗ed up. There are so many things wrong with this game's concept that I don't even know where to begin.
You could begin with explaining these problems so I can actually take something away from your comments.
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 11, 2017, 10:30:05 PM »

hey I like this game I think it's funny and honestly I would play it
Like as a joke? Cause it can go into Satire if you like. I think it will make a really great Satire game to the side of official TWGs..

Because, there are reasons why I would not want to play this game.

1.) Everyone is probably going to kill TWC N1 in case of host risk.
2.) Host can either be really easy or just really bleeping hard dependning on the type of person you are.
3.) Because of this game, everyone is gonna try to pick out reasons as to why any game is bad and constantly attempt to refute Spy-not's arguments as to why each game is good.
4.) What if the Host is in the hands of a person who..has bad or no experience hosting and submits a game? People will point out flaws, will Spy just foolishly defend a genuinely bad game by a host for the sake of this game? (say someone bids something with Captain's Daughter-like roles)

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:35 PM »

1. That's normal.
2. The same goes for TWG in general.
3. There are only so many bad arguments you can make before you start repeating them, at which point they don't count as legitimate reasons.
4. I won't attempt to refute all of them, just the ones which ultimately don't hold up.
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 11, 2017, 10:41:59 PM »

1) What's wrong with that? People used to do that all the time.
2) So can wolf and pretty much every other role. If you're used to playing town, wolf can be a changed that's difficult to get used to. It was for me.
3) So make good games, then. We'll just stop letting through role lists that need slight adjustments. Once a rolelist is approved by the voters, it's immediately ready to play. I like that idea better anyways.
4) What if the Clairvoyant/Pirate/Any other singular role based games had the main role been given to someone who was horrible at TWG? It happens all the time. They'll just loose.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 11, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »

Host is literally creativity based
There is no strategy
They can just make out a game within one night, not even worry and just...bam
if they are good
they can just simply win the game
do they legit beat all
by having good creativity host skills
over people who genuinely strategize and genuienly deserve MVP?

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Oofis
Papa's Replacement

I am an oofis.

View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 11, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

I have to say KKE has a point here. The game of TWG is supposed to be dependent on the town's strategy to find the wolves before they're all dead, as opposed to a single player's ability to create new rolelists which is the case in this bid. And even then, if this bid does get accepted then all the bids from the start of the game until the end will basically be judged by what Spy-not believes is a good reason to vote yes or no which is totally unrepresentative of the TWG community. Also, it doesn't really take that long to make a bid that's at least interesting. I literally created The Four Presents (yes, that was my bid if it wasn't obvious enough) in 10 minutes, and the only thing anyone really complained about was the penalty for killing the main role. Since I don't imagine many of the accepted bids would have taken much longer, I conclude that it's pretty obvious which bid will be the Host's.

stan oofis stream flip hop
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 12, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »

My bid took like an hour, and there was no real gimmick
Just switching out certain roles to see which ones would fit together the best.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 12, 2017, 09:31:33 AM »

I have to say KKE has a point here. The game of TWG is supposed to be dependent on the town's strategy to find the wolves before they're all dead, as opposed to a single player's ability to create new rolelists which is the case in this bid. And even then, if this bid does get accepted then all the bids from the start of the game until the end will basically be judged by what Spy-not believes is a good reason to vote yes or no which is totally unrepresentative of the TWG community. Also, it doesn't really take that long to make a bid that's at least interesting. I literally created The Four Presents (yes, that was my bid if it wasn't obvious enough) in 10 minutes, and the only thing anyone really complained about was the penalty for killing the main role. Since I don't imagine many of the accepted bids would have taken much longer, I conclude that it's pretty obvious which bid will be the Host's.
Not necessarily. It will be the host's decision as to how complicated (but more likely to fail) or how simple to make it (less likely to fail, but more likely to draw attention). The Host will changed the game up a bit, and it will at least be interesting to see it out. The town will have to start strategizing into the Bidding Topic, filling it with good games so it will be difficult for the Host to get into the queue.
The only thing I would change about the Host is their ability to win if they died before their bid made it to the poll.

Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 12, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »

TWG Bid did not receive enough votes to become a TWG.
Wow these titles have been really generic lately
Classic Part 2:
After all these gimmicks, a nice, simple game would be nice.

Credits to Penguin022 for the original TWG: Classic.

Human
Human
Human
Insomniac
Disguised Wolf

Seer
Guardian
Necromancer
Coroner
Wolfsbane

Wolf
Brutal Wolf
Shaman Wolf
Mason

Vigilante
Maniac
Amnesiac

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 12, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »

Yes
Nothing special
But
Gives us a good time to relax and take a breather
Nothing wrong with it

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Shendelzare
« Reply #3358 on: February 12, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »

I believe the Classic would bring us to the past, Yes.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 12, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »

After 3 hectic, out of the ordinary games, I'd welcome a game like this

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 272   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.