Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Author Topic: I Enjoy this Game, but...  (Read 15434 times)
WarGraver
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

First off, I'm on my second play-through of this game (different host sites) and really love it.  The storyline is cool, the challenges are delightfully varied, and level 11 is brilliant.

However, being me, I can't help but think of Wario while playing this game.  The hunt for treasure, enemies dropping tiny coins... nothing that feels derivative, but I am prone to think of Wario.  And that led me to realize that the all the extras seem... unfulfilling.  Wario had all unique treasures, this game has the same 5 over and over.  But more problematic, I don't use the treasures for anything.  I don't pay off a genie for a better castle, ya know?

Perhaps each chest could instead contain a gold version of a weapon?  And having the gold version lets you start a level with that weapon (but non-gold) equipped.  Obviously, you'd have to add a screen to pick which of your earned weapons you want.  Likewise, maybe when you earn a badge for killing with a weapon 30 times, that weapon becomes stronger?  If you complete all challenges, you can pick to use the thorned emerald as your starting weapon?

I dunno... these suggestions might not be good, I just think there needs to be some in-game reward for the extra work.
Flipline_Tony
Flipline
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »

Hey WarGraver!
Yeah I'm definitely a fan of the many Wario games! Those are some good ideas, I do wish the treasures where all unique with their own little descriptions. We would really like to do more with the weapons and money for a sequel.
WarGraver
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »

I certainly look forward to this game getting a sequel.  (Preferably, after RoS gets a new area.)

Another thing that you might add to the sequel are challenges that have a dual purpose.  For instance, the statues in my favorite level, 11.  The process of returning them to their pedestals is a great challenge, but internally, one has to wonder why these statues exist and were moved in the first place.  Maybe returning all of them causes a door to open somewhere in the ruins, which leads to a secret map piece and thus a secret level.

Incidentally, is there any explanation for why the bad guy has four arms?
Matt
Hungry for Wings
Flipline
Restaurant Star

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »

I like that idea!  Especially since those statues do take a lot of effort to get them back to their pedestals, it'd be nice for more involved challenges like that to reward you with something extra too.  There are a few levels now that have bonus "Rumble Room" areas, though they're more about just finding the path to get to them, not really based on solving a puzzle or challenge.

Hmm, I'm sure there was a reason why Hex Hatfield has four arms, though I can't think of it off the top of my head.  Maybe that's something we should touch on in future games, and probably mentioning his name somewhere else besides the "Help" section Wink
PhenomOrSomething
Trainee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »

I swear when I started playing it reminded me of WarioLand 2. It is not because I read the original post. My reasons are even different. There are train areas, there's even day and night just like in Wario. Then the chicken that needs to be taken to the coop... Just like in Wario!

Despite the coincidence it's an awesome game. There are some things I don't like, but screw it.
noname
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »

Incidentally, is there any explanation for why the bad guy has four arms?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
Flipline_Tony
Flipline
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »

Could be the the mysterious Coat of Arms...
WarGraver
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:33:57 PM »

Ow, my pun senses are aching.
miraHANE
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:49:48 PM »

Me too, it is just fun to play
Enrika12
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »

I live this game becouse in this game you can shooting its very cool game im first play this game in Papa louies arcade. Kiss Kiss Kiss Wink
-_summergirl_-
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

The only thing I don't like about this game is that there is no checkpoints or any thing else, so if you lose your lives, you have to start all over again. Sad I finished the game now but it took a lot of time.
Popickdra
Restaurant Master

Time to be Mario and save the day!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 03:43:35 AM »

This creeps me

To quit or not to quit?
ahfaz12
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »

This creeps me
me too Angry
adrielnoadriel
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:05:32 AM »

Hmm, I'm sure there was a reason why Hex Hatfield has four arms, though I can't think of it off the top of my head.  Maybe that's something we should touch on in future games, and probably mentioning his name somewhere else besides the "Help" section Wink

Whoa! Help Section? but where is the Help Section?

Spam

I didn't scared for what Tony said....He's an admin!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:10:25 AM by adrielnoadriel » Logged
Popickdra
Restaurant Master

Time to be Mario and save the day!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »

Hmm, I'm sure there was a reason why Hex Hatfield has four arms, though I can't think of it off the top of my head.  Maybe that's something we should touch on in future games, and probably mentioning his name somewhere else besides the "Help" section Wink

Whoa! Help Section? but where is the Help Section?

Spam

I didn't scared for what Tony said....He's an admin!
There is a help section in every game don't you know that?

To quit or not to quit?
Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.