Poll
Question: They are going to do all of these things lol.
Stay overnight at Cheeseria - 4 (33.3%)
Stay overnight in the trading post - 2 (16.7%)
Get more friends to help - 1 (8.3%)
Bring the skull home - 3 (25%)
Different people should do all of the above - 2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Author Topic: Toastwood Trading Post: the haunted skulls  (Read 4076 times)
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »

CHAPTER 1

So jumping right into the story, one day, Rudy and Scarlett were preparing for their soon-to-be jobs as chefs of the Cheeseria, when they noticed that there was a trading post next door. Curious to see what sort of things were traded there, Rudy slipped out the back door while Scarlett was using the brand-new Cheeseria restroom. He walked around the side of the restaurant to the front of the trading post and opened the door...

and saw....

AND SAW...:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:33:31 AM by bord » Logged

Please read my next generation fanfic, Ember's Dragon Daughter! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=68477.0

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry
FAVE FLIPLINE CUSTOMERS!:
Top 10 male: Taylor, Chuck, Drakson, Hank, Cameo, Alberto, Kaleb, Doan, Rudy, Deano
Top 10 female: Ninjoy/Joy, Indigo, Willow, Wendy, Liezel, Olivia, Scarlett, Kayla, Ember, Tohru
Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
fav customerpalooza 2019 forumer entries:
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
Yippy x Iggy, Chuck x Mesa, (Nin)Joy x (Dyna)Moe, Bertha x Pinch Hitwell, Boomer x Deano, Clover x Robby, Brody x Cameo, Connor x Lisa, Nye x Rollie, Kasey O x Daniela, Kaleb x Scooter, Gremmie x Sasha, Shannon x Duke Gotcha, Kayla x Georgito, Indigo x Hacky Zak, Hank x Wendy, Ember x Johnny, Peggy x Kenji, Liezel x LePete, Sarge Fan x Radlynn, Steven x Yui, Quinn x Jojo, Roy x Koilee, Xolo x Sprinks
My FC topic/info:
Possible entries for potential future KCP: Adomi, Milan, Feliz.
FC topic: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20830.0
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »

CHAPTER 2

Since there is already one vote on my poll... might as well move this story along.

Rudy took one look at all the skulls on the walls and screamed just like a little girl.

"Hey... indoor voice, please," said a female voice with a western accent. Rudy looked up and saw Peggy at the back of the store, behind a wooden counter.

Now that Rudy had gotten over the fact that he was looking at rows of cattle skulls, he apologized. "I'm sorry, it's just that I've never been out west before and I've definitely never seen skulls in a store."

"Oh, those are just to scare the tourists, nobody here in Toastwood buys them. We mostly sell leather goods, tools, dried food and other useful stuff." Peggy gestured around the wooden building at leather jackets and boots, barrels of dry beans and beef jerkey, assorted hardware and even toilet paper. "We have to get the toilet paper from out of state, they don't make it here."

Rudy nodded. "How much does it cost to buy a cattle skull?"

"Thirty bucks," said Peggy. "If you're into that kind of thing... I'd never put one of those in my house."

"Okay, I'll take one. Oh yeah, and a package of toilet paper too, Scarlett and I forgot to get some for the Cheeseria." So Rudy bought the items and left the store.

Peggy grinned evilly. She wasn't gonna tell Rudy... no way... he was gonna have to find out for himself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:23:32 PM by bord » Logged

Please read my next generation fanfic, Ember's Dragon Daughter! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=68477.0

Top 10 male: Taylor, Chuck, Drakson, Hank, Cameo, Alberto, Kaleb, Doan, Rudy, Deano
Top 10 female: Ninjoy/Joy, Indigo, Willow, Wendy, Liezel, Olivia, Scarlett, Kayla, Ember, Tohru
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
Yippy x Iggy, Chuck x Mesa, (Nin)Joy x (Dyna)Moe, Bertha x Pinch Hitwell, Boomer x Deano, Clover x Robby, Brody x Cameo, Connor x Lisa, Nye x Rollie, Kasey O x Daniela, Kaleb x Scooter, Gremmie x Sasha, Shannon x Duke Gotcha, Kayla x Georgito, Indigo x Hacky Zak, Hank x Wendy, Ember x Johnny, Peggy x Kenji, Liezel x LePete, Sarge Fan x Radlynn, Steven x Yui, Quinn x Jojo, Roy x Koilee, Xolo x Sprinks
My FC topic/info:
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 02:23:26 AM »

Heh-heh. Cool. 8)
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 02:07:07 PM »

I think Peggy was grinning because leave.
looooooooooooool. well u toots didn't come up with anything, but I'll post another poll eventually.

CHAPTER 3

Rudy snickered, carrying the package of toilet paper rolls over the skull just in case Scarlett saw him before he could execute his awesome plan. Scarlett was putting small vases with artificial flowers on the tables when Rudy walked in.

"Oh there you are... thank goodness! Toilet paper! I was forced to... well I'd rather not go into the details." She finished setting the last vase down, and reached for the toilet paper, but Rudy stepped away.

"Um no, I'll put these in the bathroom, you've already done so much work."

Scarlett shrugged. "Okay..." She gave Rudy a puzzled look, but let him go into the bathroom.

Heh heh... Rudy thought, as he set the toilet paper package in the cupboard under the sink. As an afterthought he opened the package and put some toilet paper next to the toilet. Then, he grabbed a nail from his pocket. I wish I had a hammer...

Suddenly Rudy remembered that there were hammers at the trading post. So still holding the skull so Scarlett wouldn't find it too early, he crept out of the bathroom and made his way to the back door without seeing Scarlett even once. He made his way around to the store again.

"Did you forget something last time?" asked Peggy.

"Actually yes, I don't have a hammer with me and I'm- fixing up a few things." Rudy walked over to the tool section and selected a good-quality hammer, and bought it for $15. He left the store, not even looking back... otherwise he would have seen Peggy giving him an odd look. After all, he was still holding the skull under one arm.

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Mazine
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »

This seems mysterious
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »

trololol wins because I voted it ;ppp

CHAPTER 4

Rudy snuck back into the Cheeseria and hung the skull on the bathroom wall where Scarlett would be sure to see it. Then he walked to the front of the store and waited. Sure enough, Scarlett had to use the bathroom...

"AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! oh it's an animal skull..." Scarlett came out into the lobby. "Rudy... what the heck were you thinking? I thought it was a human skull for half a second. What are customers gonna think?"

Rudy was laughing too hard to answer. Scarlett glared at him, but she soon started laughing too. "Okay fine, it was funny... let's leave it there?"

"Wait really?" asked Rudy. He stopped laughing in surprise.

"Sure," said Scarlett. "Who knows, it might even bring in more customers..." So she and Rudy decided to leave the cattle skull hanging in the Cheeseria bathroom. Then they went back home. However just as they were going out the front door, they heard a high-pitched scream coming from the bathroom.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" the scream came again.

Rudy and Scarlett ran back into the Cheeseria, opened the bathroom door...

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Lovaho
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »

toilet paper

I date men
But you're acting like a little boy
And no, I ain't your little toy
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »

The potty. >;o
Neprune Efron
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »

the toilet screamed, causing peggy to have a seizure

Song Quote of the Week
"We'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky, 'cause we got the fire fire fire, yeah we got the fire fire fire, and we gonna let it burn"
~ Burn - Ellie Goulding
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

well, looks like toilet paper wins, ROFL. which was my vote too ;p I saw the one toilet vote though, so the toilet gets a small role.

CHAPTER 5

Rudy and Scarlett ran into the bathroom and saw THE TOILET PAPER WAS SCREAMING! They had no idea how a roll of paper could scream since it didn't have vocal cords, but somehow it was. They inspected it closer.

"Perhaps there's... something supernatural going on here," said Scarlett.

Rudy nodded. "Yeah, maybe ghosts?"

Scarlett and Rudy looked around the room, but everything else looked the same. There was a suspicious gurgling coming from the toilet. Suddenly, another loud and piercing scream came from the toilet paper. The roll that was hanging by the toilet started shuddering and began to unwind. The end of the paper started moving toward Scarlett.

"Help!" cried Scarlett as the bathroom tissue began winding itself around her, mummy style. The rolls that were beneath the sink flew out of the package and tore free from their wrappings and went to assist the lone toilet paper roll. She tried to tear the paper off, but it was moving too quickly. Rudy ran over and tried to help her, but he just got tangled in the paper too. Soon, both of the new Cheeseria chefs were lying on the floor, wrapped in toilet paper.

"mmmf! MMMF!" Scarlett and Rudy tried to scream, but their mouths were also covered in toilet paper. Thankfully, they could still breathe, but it was extremely uncomfortable on the bathroom floor. One of Rudy's eyes was still uncovered, and he could see the skull hanging on the bathroom wall. Its empty eye sockets seemed to glare ominously in his direction. He knew he was probably just imagining it though...

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 05:20:05 PM »

The toilet becomes increasingly popular...

CHAPTER 6

Rudy and Scarlett were still lying on the bathroom floor wrapped in toilet paper the next morning. Peggy was walking to the trading post as usual to wait for the one or two customers that came every so often. She was whistling some country tune, when suddenly she heard a high-pitched scream. It seemed to be coming from the Cheeseria...

Meanwhile, Rudy and Scarlett had not had any sleep. As soon as they were about to drift off, they would hear gurgling noises from the toilet or even more screams from their mummy-like wrappings. The gurgling sound grew louder and louder, until finally a huge jet of water erupted from the toilet bowl. It drenched the couple, but somehow the water did not affect the toilet paper. In fact, they found that their bindings only got tighter after being soaked with water. After that, there was no way they were going to get any sleep.

Peggy noticed that the front door wasn't even locked. Why would people be stupid enough to leave the Cheeseria open? It was not like there would be much to steal yet, but it was still strange that responsible people like Scarlett and Rudy would leave a restaurant door unlocked all night. She looked around the lobby, but didn't see anything strange. Nor was there anything in the kitchen. It was only when she opened the bathroom door...

"MMMMMMPHHH!" Rudy heard the door open and tried his best to yell with his face wrapped in wet toilet paper. Peggy screamed and jumped so far back that she fell on her bottom.

"What the heck happened here? Did somebody tie you up?" Peggy went to remove the toilet paper from Rudy and Scarlett, which had somehow become limp and easy to take off in the daylight. She took the paper of the future chefs' faces first so they could talk.

Scarlett sighed. "Finally! And no, not that we saw- the toilet paper just started unwinding and wrapped itself around us as if it was haunted!" She looked pretty frightened, but Rudy looked absolutely out of his mind.

"It- it's evil! THE TOILET PAPER AND THE TOILET IS EVIL! HELP!" Rudy screamed. Scarlett tried to comfort him and hugged him tight.

"Don't worry, we're fine, aren't we? We're both still alive and we aren't even injured." Rudy calmed down a little bit, but he still looked like he'd seen a ghost... which he technically had.

Peggy watched and began to think. If nobody had seen Rudy and Scarlett wrapped in soaking toilet paper themselves, they wouldn't have believed it. "I'm still skeptical, and it looks more like somebody played a nasty prank on you. But I'll try to help find whoever did it, and if you are actually right we'll get down to the bottom of this, I promise."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:26:45 PM by bord » Logged

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

Crazy bathroom. Sleepy
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

The poll was kinda random, I'll probably just do all of the options, which is the last option ;p lol.

CHAPTER 7

Scarlett decided to bring the skull home with her, but Rudy refused to go anywhere near it. However, he promised to call her to make sure she was fine, and asked her to call if she needed any help. If he did not hear from her before he went to the Cheeseria to finish making preparations for the new restaurant, he would go over to Scarlett's house to make sure she was all right.

Meanwhile, Scarlett was calling Clover and Marty because she had a feeling that there must be a connection between the skull and the haunted bathroom, unless for some reason it was the toilet paper itself. After all, they had never encountered anything that strange before Rudy had bought the skull and toilet paper and put them in the bathroom. She wondered if it was just them, or if there might be something weird with other items from Toastwood Trading Post.

So she asked Clover and Marty to come over and stay overnight at the trading post. She promised that she or Rudy would go over to check on them in the morning if Peggy did not get there first. Peggy had already left the Cheeseria and gone back to work, but Scarlett planned to talk to her next.

However, when Scarlett went over to the trading post, she saw a "Closed" sign on the door. Weird... she tried the door but of course it was locked. Marty and Clover came, and they helped Scarlett pick the lock and sneak inside. What they were doing was probably illegal, but they didn't care. They wanted to know what was going on just as much as Rudy and Scarlett did.

"I just wish I'd seen you guys while you were still wrapped up like mummies," said Clover. "That would have been epic!"

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »

Strange.... blank
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Best Customer Ever~

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »

CHAPTER 8

Marty and Clover decided to stay in Toastwood Trading Post all night to see if anything would happen. Marty instantly fell asleep on a pile of leather saddles. Clover took a picture with her phone and posted it on Flipbook (Flipverse's version of Facebook LOL) for everyone to see. She also started singing a song that the Shakers played, and drummed on the counter with a couple of wooden toy guns. She stopped when she realized she was probably leaving dents in the wooden counter.

Suddenly, Clover noticed something strange. All of the creepy skulls on the wall, which had been in complete shadow, seemed to have a very faint red glow. Was it morning already? She opened the door and looked outside. There wasn't even a hint of sunrise on the horizon. She checked her phone, and it read 3:00 am. So she took a picture of the skulls, and sure enough it showed the glow too. So it couldn't just be her imagination.

A strange sound came from the pile of saddles where Marty was sleeping, and it was not the sound of him snoring. She had got used to that noise a long time ago. The saddle on top was beginning to lift in the air, taking Marty with it! Clover screamed, turned on her phone's camera, and took a picture. It was hard to see because the only light coming in was from the moon and stars, but it was clear that nobody was holding the saddle up and there were no strings attached. Clover tried to call Scarlett, but it suddenly said "NO SIGNAL". Seconds later, her screen went black.

Clover was 99% sure she'd had plenty of battery power left... so what was going on? She went to the counter and picked up the antique phone and tried dialing Scarlett's number, but all she got was static. As she was about to put the phone down, a loud, piercing scream came out of the phone. Clover jumped ten feet away and covered her ear. She hoped she wouldn't go deaf. She walked back to the phone just in case Scarlett was in trouble, but all she heard was more static. "Hello?" she said. Nope, still just static. So she put the phone down.

When she turned around, Marty was all the way up to the ceiling, pinned up there by the saddle. Oh great, thought Clover, Marty's not gonna be happy when he wakes up. She walked to the door and tried to open it, but it seemed to be stuck now. She was sure she'd just opened it a while earlier, too. She tried to force it, but it appeared to be locked now. She hoped Peggy hadn't come by and locked them in. She walked to the windows, but they were locked too. She was starting to get pretty freaked out, and she was almost desperate enough to break the window, but she was afraid that she'd probably cut herself or something weird might happen again.

In the meantime, Marty woke up and yelled. "Clover, what the heck did you do to me? I'll get you for this!"
     "It wasn't me, I swear!" Cried Clover. "Marty, I just opened the door a while ago, but now it's locked. And when I tried the phone, all I heard was static, and a scream! There's something creepy going on... oh yeah, the skulls are all sort of glowing red."

Clover pointed at the cattle skulls, but the glow had disappeared. Suddenly, Marty dropped to the ground. A ray of sunlight shone through the window. Clover went over to the door... and it was unlocked. Then she checked her phone... it was still turned on, and there was even service, although Clover still had no idea how you got phone service in Toastwood. But she and Marty did have clear evidence that something weird had happened... Clover's pictures. She checked her photos, and thankfully they were still there. They hurried out of the trading post to show these pictures to Scarlett and Rudy, making sure to lock the door first so Peggy wouldn't notice anything when she got there.

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.