Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:11:38 PM »

Prologue
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 11:25 AM

PAPA LOUIE'S PRIVATE JET, MAPLE MOUNTAIN
PAPA LOUIE'S POV

I bit into a bacon marinated chicken strip created by one of my chefs, Chuck. "Mmm... this is delicious!" I said.  "Thanks," said Chuck. "Unfortunately, that was the last one. I can make some more, but it takes a while to cook. I'll check on Mandi." As Chuck walked to the kitchen and I savored the last of my strip, I licked my fingers and lounged on my chair.

First-class is great, I thought. My chefs, a few other people, and I were opening my first ever museum. We're building it in my hometown, Portallini, but we have to cross Maple Mountain's biggest forest. I stared down at the beautiful evergreen layer a few thousand feet from us. Then, all of a sudden, I hear a squawk, a sputter, and then one of the engines stop rotating.

Next thing I know, a few thousand feet becomes a few hundred. "BRACE!" I hear the pilot, John's, voice and I cover my hands over my head and put my head on my lap. Mama Fricking Mia! I thought. What's going on? All I hear next is screaming and chaos, the sound of the jet collapsing, a huge bloodcurdling crashing sound... and then silence.

:3

Shoutbox Randomness:
Megpoid Gumi [Dec 07 05:32 PM]:   LKOB when I'm here: "oh I hate everyone except you"
Megpoid Gumi [Dec 07 05:32 PM]:   LKOB when I'm not here: "AZUKI!!!!! : 3 "
LKOB [Dec 07 05:36 PM]:   I-it's not like I l-like her or anything! B-baka!

Tamatim [Dec 09 06:21 PM]:   Oh, Joe? I don't see her :-)

Navidad~Mexicana [Dec 21 06:51 PM]:   I GOT A DOU!!!!!!!
Navidad~Mexicana [Dec 21 06:52 PM]:   !YASSS
Navidad~Mexicana [Dec 21 06:52 PM]:   ODGS
Navidad~Mexicana [Dec 21 06:52 PM]:   DOGS!!

G Pizza [Dec 24 10:22 PM]:   http : //www.flipline.com/forum/...g1403797 I died reading this
G Pizza [Dec 24 10:23 PM]:   I'm starting to make chimpanzee noises
LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »

Chapter One
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 11:32 AM
JOHN'S POV
When I thought the crash was all over, I decided to see if any of the people onboard survived. When I heard the engine fail, I knew I had to do something. And I hope it worked. The crash has made the top of the plane implode a little bit near the operating area, so I had to crawl through the broken chairs and dirty food. The hallway was a bit more open, so I was able to crouch through and see the people who survived. Most of the people were still bracing but breathing, and the rest of them were petrified, as if they just seen the best rated horror movie ever. Most important thing: they were all alive.

Thank Matt.

I stared through a window and all I saw was a bunch of fallen pine. I was suddenly really glad that we brought Robby, who was not bracing but breathing very heavily with his eyes closed. "Rob," I said. He opened his eyes and faced me. He was still breathing pretty heavily but his expression remained calm. "Ya okay, Rob?" I questioned. "Yeah, you?" he replied. His breath lowered down. "Couldn't be better, knowing we got a survivalist on this plane," I remarked. He smiled, and his "Island Boy" instincts did the rest. "Check with me to see if everyone is awake. We need as much help as we can use." "Aye aye," I joked. He woke up the people that were asleep. The people that were awake were pretty damn scared, so I calmed them down. After he assured that everyone was awake and aware, he tried to get us out by going to the front door and kicking it down. The windows were too small to fit, and all the emergency exits were jammed.. After a few kicks, we confirmed that the door was jammed as well. “Crap. No way out.’ Robby assumed.

The windshield, I thought. “Rob, we need to get through the windshield.” I crawled back into the operating room to see if there was a pistol in it. There is usually a pistol in here for hijacks and that stuff. Fortunately, there was one. It came with five bullets. So I reached for the case, opened it, grabbed it, and crawled back to the aisle for a clear shot. That's when I remembered that the roof was imploded near the windshield. Even if I did break the windshield, most of the passengers wouldn't fit, especially not Big Pauly, or the King of Comedy himself.

I needed something to push the roof up. Or someone. Let's see... there's me, Papa, his chefs, Pauly, Captain Cori, Kingsley, James, Jojo, and Sarge Fan. “Ok, since Cori and Robby are the strongest, they can try to push the roof up so that everyone could fit.” I suggested. They agreed. They came to the roof and tried pushing it up. It went up a bit, but I still wasn’t confident it would fit Mr. Pepper or Kingsley.

“What now?” James wondered. “We can’t hold onto the roof for long, and it doesn’t do much. So we might need to bludgeon the roof upward using one of the loose chairs.” James turned around to find a chair. There was one on the floor, so James picked it up and clubbed the roof. After a few attempts, the roof was elevated. I shot the windshield with my pistol and started helping people out.

"Who knows what lurks in those woods." James muttered. Robby smiled and replied, "Just wait and see."

Shoutbox Randomness:
Megpoid Gumi [Dec 07 05:32 PM]:   LKOB when I'm here: "oh I hate everyone except you"

G Pizza [Dec 24 10:22 PM]:   http : //www.flipline.com/forum/...g1403797 I died reading this
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:15:19 PM »

Oooo... Cool beans!!  8)
LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:58 PM »

Chapter Two
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 11:36 AM
PAPA’S POV

I’m not sure what happened, and what we are going to do, but I know this: we are still alive. I don’t know how the hell how, and I don’t care, but we’re still alive.

As Robby and John are helping passengers out of the plane, I investigate a bit, trying to find out what caused the crash. It couldn’t be faulty wiring, or loose pieces, because I trusted my builders with all my heart while making this plane. It had to be something else. As I approach one of the propellers, I find a leaf of lettuce poking out of one of the spaces in between the blades. I carefully go towards it, and pull on the lettuce. It wasn’t a leaf of a lettuce. It was a wing.

A lettuce lark flew in the propeller and blew out the engine.

I start towards the passengers, who are all out of the plane and have all settled down. “Guys! Guys!” I shout. I show them the carcass of what is left of the poor bird. Some sit there, crying silently at the poor animal’s dismay. Others just cursed silently at what caused our near-death experience.  There were also a select few that cursed... not so silently.

“GNOCCHI!” Alberto exclaimed. “That damn bird almost cost us our lives! Out of all things, a freaking BIRD!” He yanked the lark out of my hands, and threw it back to the plane. Penny and Prudence, who have been shedding the biggest tears over the demise of the bird, stare at Alberto in shock, as if he just killed a fellow Fliplinian.

Prudence was the first to speak up. “H-how could you d-do that?!” she whimpered, her voice breaking. “The poor thing died in an engine of a jet! C-could you at least be a bit more considerate?” Alberto went from staring to where he threw the bird to staring at Prudence, with the same stern, blank look in his face. If looks could kill, Alberto would’ve set off a nuke.

“Considerate? CONSIDERATE?!” Oh boy, I thought. “We almost chocolate fudging DIED because of a fudging BIRD, and you want me to be considerate?!” Prudence almost forced herself to defend herself. “It was a living thing! You can’t say you don’t care!” “I DON’T! Why? Because we’re STRANDED in a FUDGING FOREST!”

“SHUT UP!” I heard someone yell. Everyone turned to who it was.  It was Roy. He was breathing hard, and had to calm himself down before speaking again.

“Guys, we all had different views on the bird. But right now, what caused the crash isn’t going to matter. It’s how we’re going to survive it. And if we’re going to survive, we need to work together.” He looked at Alberto. “Ok, dude?” he questioned. Alberto hesitated, and then sighed. “Fine. But only because I want to get out of this hellhole.”

Shoutbox Randomness:

Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »

Wow this is amazing!

*also the whole "Thank Matt" was clever

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

Wow this is amazing!

*also the whole "Thank Matt" was clever
Lol thx. In my headcanon, Matt and Tony are the gods of the Flipverse

Shoutbox Randomness:

LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 02:42:33 PM »

Chapter Three
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 11:52 AM
PAPA’S POV
¬¬¬¬¬¬____________________
After all was resolved, Robby and I took the leadership role for what we needed to do. “Ok, Teams Pizzeria, Burgeria, and Taco Mia will gather wood. Lots of it. Teams Freezeria, Pancakeria, and Wingeria, you will be gathering berries.” “How do we know what’s poisonous?” asked Chuck. I couldn’t answer, so Robby answered with his expertise. “Rub the berry on your wrist. Wait. If nothing happens, rub it on your cheek. Then your lip, and then if nothing happens, chew the berry slowly.” “And if something happens?” asks Mandi. “Skip it, go to the next. If it’s serious, rush back here.” “What if we get lost?” questioned Prudence. “We’re near a smoking jet. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to see a big black column of smoke in the sky. Follow it.” Afterward, Team FPW ran into the woods.

“Teams Doggeria, Cupcakeria, and Pastaria, you will have to try and find water. For now, you’ll need to hold it in the case the pistol came in. Make sure it’s fresh. If it looks oily, or nothing is living in it, stay away.” Taylor took the container, and ran off. “Teams Donuteria and Cheeseria, you’ll need to collect rocks. Anything solid and sharp. Dull, round ones are okay, too, but don’t overdo it.” ‘What do we hold them in?” Scarlett asked. “Doesn’t your uniform have pockets? Use ‘em!” Robby responded.

“Now what do the rest of us do?” asks Kingsley. “Oh, right. Big K, Big P, Handyman, Cap’n Caroline, Blue Ribbon, Onion Fan, and Papa. You will need to stay here and make a headcount. There are 27 people here, including us. If that number decreases, or worse, increases, let me know. I’m gonna go back to the jet, and salvage what I can.
And with that, Robby headed to the burning pile of metal.

Shoutbox Randomness:

LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »

Chapter Four
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 4:35 PM
ROBBY’S POV

I climb out of the broken windshield, scratching my arms on the shards of glass that lay on the tip of the plane. It hurts, but I bare it. I’ve felt worse on that damned, deserted island. 4 years past, and I’m still not sure how I’m even alive. Good thing I made that bonfire when Cori was near. Solary bless her soul.

I made out with a box of plastic bags, a rack of spices and condiments, paper cups, a few bottles of water, napkins, microwavable sliders ,and a chef’s knife. I also took a piece of a broken jet wing for the metal. How I am holding this, you may ask? I took my shirt off, tied the sleeves and collar into knots, and used it as a sack. I also used my bandana to hold the wing. Just another one of those Island Boy tricks.

I came back to home base, where everyone was present and seemed alive. All except James, who looked like he tripped and cut his leg on a rock pretty bad. Cori is already tending to him, elevating his leg, and adding pressure to the wound with some tree bark.

Speaking of tree bark, Team PBT found tons of bark and kindling for a fire, which I was really proud of. Team FPW found a mix of berries. I checked them, and confirmed that none of them were toxic. The only water Team HDCP could find was pond water. “Well, it looked clear, but we couldn’t confirm whether or not it was fresh.” Peggy assured. “We did find a Mangoby in the pond, so I thought I could pick some up.” She passed me the case. It was full, and the water did look fresh. “Looks good,” I confirmed, “but we still won’t be able to drink it until we boil it. We need to make the fire first.”

Peggy nodded, as I went to the center of the crash site and tried mapping it out. Here in the Flipverse, the sun sets in the EAST. It’s the afternoon, so I took the metal wing out of my shirt, and marked East on the ground, near the side the sun was facing. On the opposite side, I marked West. Since the sun is on my right, and it’s East, I must be facing North. So I mark North and South on the ground. In between the first 4 directions, I marked smaller lines to determine Neast, Seast, Nest, and Sest.

I took some red and blue berries, crushed them in my hands, and marked red and blue on the compass rose to determine the different directions. Then, when I was done, I went back to the groups to check on the stones Team DC brought. “We could only find a few sharp ones, near the pond Team HDCP got their water.” Rudy informed. I checked the sharp ones. Some were too small, others weren’t sharp enough. But I guess some of them had to do for now.

So I picked up the sharp ones, got strong, long twigs from Team PBT, and put them into a pile later to build spears.  All of that work made me parched, so I sat near a tree, and opened up  a bottle of Simply Fresh water. I drank, valuing every last drop.

Shoutbox Randomness:

~Faith~
Have Prayer Requests?
Food Critic

Send Me A PM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »

This is good so far.

~Drink Water & Grow Lovely!~

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." ~2 Timothy 1:7~
LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 10:34:03 AM »

Chapter Five
~~~~~~~~~~
SEPTEMBER 10, 2015,  4:58 PM
CORI’S POV

After nursing James, and making sure he would be fine, I checked on Robby to make sure he’s okay. I still wondered what would happen if I haven’t’ found his beacon of smoke. I could’ve been his last hope. Solary bless his heart.

I found Robby bare-chested, next to his shirt full of supplies, laying on a tree, drinking a bottle of water. He doesn’t realize I’m here until he’s done. He smiled. “Join me,” he offered. So I sat next to him, watching the rest of the group get to work. He handed me a bottle of water, and I drank.

As we were drinking, I ask, “So, does any of these seem déjà vu to you at all?” “Nah, not just yet.” Robby explained. “When I woke up on that shrimp island, I was all alone. I didn’t know what to do, because I only had so much training when it came to survival. And I didn’t think any  civilization was within 200 miles of me. So, I thought, ‘just go with the flow.’ And that’s what I did.

“I wasn’t full adapted until about a year, when I could make a fire with only a twig and some grass. I thought I might as well live forever on that island. But then 2 years came by, I was making a bonfire, and then...” He didn’t have to complete the rest. I knew this was where I came into his life. We turned to each other, and our lips met. It was very pleasing knowing that I meant this much to Rob, especially considering that I pretty much saved what was left of him, and restored it. I’m the reason he’s human again. I’m the reason he’s alive.

Our kiss lasts a good 20 seconds, before we backed apart. We looked back at the group, and most of them were resting, caring for one another, and discussing how they would make it out of here. Behind them, near the horizon, was a beautiful sunset with a red sky. “Red sky at night, sailor’s delight.” I whispered. “What does it mean?” questioned Robby. “It means that tomorrow will be a great day, fine weather. Tomorrow, there will be hope.”

I put my head on his shoulder, as he wrapped his arm around me, and we both watched the sunset. After a few minutes, I reminded Robby, “So, about that fire...”

Shoutbox Randomness:

Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »

AWWWWEEEEEEE

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 01:45:53 AM »

:3 :3
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 06:59:46 PM »

going to write any more?

Ning123D
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 11:31:15 AM »

Really like this... Please post more!!
That last part though... Awww
LKOB
Restaurant Legend

Ahh... tranquility...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »

Chapter Six (WARNING: FEELS!)
~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 10, 2015, 5:03 PM
ROY’S POV

After all that work, everyone lay down, breaking into deep conversations and encouragement that everything would be fine. I was having a heartfelt discussion with Cooper, who told me about how much he loved Papa’s old games, like “When Pizzas Attack!” It was the first time Cooper even heard about my uncle. “Weren’t you the first ever customer in our restaurant?” I wondered. “I was!” he said. “I was the first ever to order from the 3rd generation of Louie! Do you remember my order?” 

I tried recalling exactly what he ordered. “Umm... it was 6—NO, 4 pepperoni. Um. Cooked for 7 and a half minutes, cut in quarters.” Cooper was changing facial expressions with everything I said, so he was making it harder for me. But then he grinned and said, ‘Correct! Only thing is, that’s my old order.” I remembered his new order, and then sighed. “Oh yeah, you order bacon now too.” “Yep, ha-ha. Anyway, Papa Louie isn’t your Papa. He’s your uncle. How come he’s still called Papa?”

I grimaced. “Well, we... don’t mention this a lot, but my father died in a fatal car accident, and my mom died giving birth to me... The only person I ever considered my father... was my uncle. He was the only one I could look up to. And he’s only called Papa because his father, the original Papa Louie, carried the name down from generation to generation. My uncle’s real name is Luigi Attabelli Jr. His son. My cousin, is Brody, but he’s not interested in cooking.

“I was the only one who even offered to follow in my uncle’s footsteps. Because, as I see it, I’m the only link between the Louie’s and the future generations.” I was so lost in my story I almost didn’t see Copper, struck with sadness, tears on his cheeks. “H-holy shrimp cocktail, I-.... I’m so sorry-“ I started, but Cooper put up an arm. “No need.  I’m actually glad we had this talk. It’s great to know your back story, and how it all started. It’s just... I didn’t think it would be so tragic...”

I got hit by a wave of guilt, wondering whether or not I should’ve even told him my story.  “It’s ok, Roy. I’ll be fine,” Copper stated, with a small, reassuring laugh. I smiled, knowing that he was okay with what I said. I lay back on the ground, looking up in the sky as the beautiful sunset once up there gets eaten slowly by darkness.

Shoutbox Randomness:

Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.