Pages: [1] 2 3 4   
Print
Author Topic: Stickers Rant  (Read 7753 times)
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:50:07 PM »

Okay, I find Stickers to have their own little gimmick. But they suck.

Badges gave you a sense of accomplishment, they were stuff like "Get 20 perfect orders", "Reach Spring", "Serve 20 orders with white bread". Most gave out some Foodini tickets/money. I liked them. They were also easy to get.

Then they got replaced with Stickers, an excuse for Bakeria being a dress up game. These have stupid scenarios put in like "have Quinn's pie be served first in the day" or something like "have 3 customers at a time dance in the lobby". These aren't really fun or accomplishing I find, and you just get some new outfits when you do these scenarios that can potentially RUIN YOUR DAY...like serving first customer last...umm their waiting score is gonna drop lowwwww.

Stickers should return to basically being badges without these scenarios randomly, of course the outfit dress up will stay so keep that with them

Snom
Kirby
Friend of Foodini

thonking intensifies

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »

I miss serving ingredients X times badges, they were my favorite to do.

Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »

I miss serving ingredients X times badges, they were my favorite to do.

I agree, also "unlock all holiday ingredients"

Snom
Kirby
Friend of Foodini

thonking intensifies

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »

they still are there..
Perfect orders too
Reach this Season as well

Choco!Pie
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »

Stickers give you more challenge and it's nice to see customers wearing more than one outfit everyday ~
Stickers are one of the best features in my opinion .
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 07:39:15 PM »

Stickers give you more challenge and it's nice to see customers wearing more than one outfit everyday ~
Stickers are one of the best features in my opinion .

Well it's not criticizing the outfits. Those can stay

Snom
Choco!Pie
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »

So you're critizing the challenges ?
Ataino
A Red Cube
Better Than Papa!

A Red Cube

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »

I guess

A Red Cube
Summer4ever
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

stickers got pointless
Choco!Pie
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 08:11:09 PM »

stickers got pointless
They're just renewed badges
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 09:28:53 PM »

So, I made a rant a while back for the opposite reasons.
Ugh. Here we go...
I've just got to say this now: I don't like stickers.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of stickers. That is to say, the achievement factor of them. They're better than badges if you focus on the whole 'achievement' side of things, as you need to go out of your way to get some of them (the only badges I can think of like that are burning Santa's cupcakes and a couple of clothing related ones). And how there are customer-specific ones? I like it. I like it a lot. (Though it is worth noting that there already were a couple). I also like that you can access them when you aren't in the middle of a day.
Now, if everything else was improved on (the presentation and the rewards) then I'd see this as a legitimate good innovation. But instead, they either didn't really do much (presentation) or they went way back (rewards).
First, presentation. I honestly don't have much to say here. The only real difference is how they're grouped together for each customer. Which does make it easier, I'll admit, but really, there's not much change. Yeah, yeah, you get a pretty picture when you achieve something. You already did. Can I move on now?
Now. The rewards. Okay, this is the thing which really pisses me off.
I never really liked the idea of clothing in the gamerias. It just... didn't do anything. The only reason I bought it would be to *sigh* earn badges. But Flipline decided 'Hey! Let's replace the actual prizes which could actually affect gameplay with even more cheesy outfits!' Just. Why? The tips and tickets weren't much, but at least they had some effect. You could buy upgrades and furniture with the tips, and you could earn more furniture in minigames with the tickets. Unless they change clothing so it has some proper meaning, there's no in-game reward for earning stickers. They're just extra collectibles, with no meaning attached to them. Sorry, Flipline. But it just doesn't work IMO.

So, as a conclusion, while I don't think that stickers are a bad improvement or an anti-improvement, but the negatives, for the most part, cancel out the positives. This wouldn't bother me so much if this wasn't the MASSIVE INNOVATION of Bakeria. The dining room may have not done anything as a main update, at least it didn't do any harm to the system. And it looks really bad when you compare it to specials from Cheeseria, which were actually a legitimate and noticeable improvement.

ANYWAY, rant over. Now you can all go back to the discussion as normal. Feel free to hate on me or say it's just an opinion (which should really be MY argument, by the way), or just ignore me. I don't care. I just had to get it out there. Stickers are not good.
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »

Okay, I find Stickers to have their own little gimmick. But they suck.

Badges gave you a sense of accomplishment, they were stuff like "Get 20 perfect orders", "Reach Spring", "Serve 20 orders with white bread". Most gave out some Foodini tickets/money. I liked them. They were also easy to get.

Then they got replaced with Stickers, an excuse for Bakeria being a dress up game. These have stupid scenarios put in like "have Quinn's pie be served first in the day" or something like "have 3 customers at a time dance in the lobby". These aren't really fun or accomplishing I find, and you just get some new outfits when you do these scenarios that can potentially RUIN YOUR DAY...like serving first customer last...umm their waiting score is gonna drop lowwwww.

Stickers should return to basically being badges without these scenarios randomly, of course the outfit dress up will stay so keep that with them
The whole point of stickers is to be more challenging lol. If you can't be bothered to try, and have a lower score, then don't complain.

A break in protocol?
Faiz
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 11:57:08 PM »

Stickers always suck, be oit criminal case or bakeria
magicmusic
Coffee for your soul!
Global Moderator
Restaurant Pro

Gummi derp!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 02:05:54 AM »

it's a case of which one is worse, to be fair, like, would you rather it to be worthless or annoying

Cuz the old badges are like, "OH? YOU can breathes, and have a heart beat!! You did GOOD, here's a paper that says you can do those, HAVE FUNNN!!!" or "GASP! You click START on the game menu, here a grand prize of nothing", that's just... wat, do you think I'm dumb or something?

tho the main problem for me is there are WAYYY too many of them, in both case

EVERYONE, DRAW SOME FAN ART
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:00 AM »

The whole point of stickers is to be more challenging lol. If you can't be bothered to try, and have a lower score, then don't complain.

They aren't challenging but random scenarios

Snom
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.