Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Author Topic: Cactus McCoy 3: Paradise Lost  (Read 12376 times)
Stadium_Star
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:48:22 AM »

Cactus McCoy 3: Paradise Lost
A game idea by Stadium_Star.
Based on and featuring characters created by Flipline Studios.
==
THE LEGEND OF THE THORNED EMERALD'S HERO
McCoy, a freelance treasure hunter usually picking up jobs from Hex Hatfield and his goons, was sent to locate the mysterious and mystical Thorned Emerald. He succeeded in locating the artifact but as McCoy journeyed towards Hex's base, he fell victim to the curse of the emerald and was transformed into a human/cactus hybrid. Cactus McCoy - as he was now known - swore his revenge against Hex for sending him to find the emerald, to begin with, and took off through the nearby towns alongside a previous victim of the curse's spirit named Popoca in order to defeat Hex's goons and return the Thorned Emerald before it turns him to stone.

After an arduous journey, McCoy reached the Emerald Shrine and as he was about to return the gem, Hex, and his goons interrupted his journey. An epic duel began between the two with McCoy victorious and just barely being able to return the Emerald before his body is turned to stone. News of McCoy's victory soon spreads and eventually he runs afoul of Ella Windstorm, the last of the winged Volados, who has discovered the Serpent Blade. Before either McCoy or she can steal the blade, a Reptaran known as Malana Mire snatches the blade and kidnaps Windstorm.

Currently, Cactus McCoy and his traveling party consisting of former enemies Alpaca Jack and Dumbell, friendly rival Ella Windstorm, and the spirit of Popoca have been exploring the world in search of a way to counteract the curse and restore McCoy to his former self. Their search has led them to the Galarpeggo Islands where the locals tell of an ancient recipe book containing cures to possibly every disease and cure on the planet. While Jack and Dumbell explore the area, McCoy and Ella head deep into the jungles of the first island in search of the book and encounter a massive temple. They follow clues and inscriptions deep into it and discover the book; there's just one problem - all but one of the pages are missing.

McCoy is alerted to the sound of footsteps approaching and spots an odd man named Mr. Valentine come from behind them. Valentine reveals the two led him right to the book and now he must destroy them and get the other pages back to complete the recipes and gain ultimate power, but not before revealing he has transformed Alpaca Jack, Daisy, and Dumbell into playing cards and plans to insert them into his most powerful minions yet. The two treasure hunters then chase after Valentine but he uses an energy blast to send them flying onto another island, where the adventure begins.
==
PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Cactus McCoy: The former treasure hunter turned cactus returns for round three of his adventures with a slew of weapons in tow. McCoy is an overall balanced character, to begin with, and has no special abilities, similar to characters like Mario and Link, but has a powerful punch as he's developed the ability across his journey.
UNLOCKED: Start.

Ella Windstorm: Ella is the last remaining survivor of the Valados tribe and the protector of the Serpent Blade first seen in Cactus McCoy 2: The Ruins of Calavera. Due to her heritage and ancestry, Ella has wings she can use to glide through levels and also attack enemies with along with incredible agility and jump height at the cost of low attack power.
UNLOCKED: Start.
==
BOSSES
Mr. Spikede: One of the lowest ranked goons of Valentine's army who has an obsession with all things sharp and deadly.

Saguaromole, Guardian of Cactuaria Enclave: The first guardian encountered in the game and protector of Cactuaria Enclave. Saguaromole is a ginormous stone cactus statue who was brought to life by one of Valentine's minions, being Mr. Spikede (who was encountered as the mid-boss earlier) and was sent to destroy McCoy and Ella. His abilities include being able to produce McCoy Imposters from nowhere, slamming his large fists down to create shockwaves, and to protect himself with a spiked shield and the strategy for defeating him is grabbing the drills and pickaxes from the boxes scattered by his shockwaves and then using them to break his shield and then damage him.

Mrs. Diazond:

Mamma Rilla, Guardian of ?: Mamma Rilla is the second guardian encountered and rests peacefully on ?. That was until she was awoken by Mr. Valentine's minion Mrs. Diazond and clearly, she's got a grudge against Popoca (or rather another cactus hero) as she is incredibly tough and deals damage quickly. Her skills will put McCoy's abilities to the test as they include being incredibly nimble, able to throw bouncing cactus at McCoy, wielding a spiked paddle, and able to hook whoever she fights. McCoy must use items to deflect her hook, be quick on his feet, and be able to counter her attacks.

Mr. Valentine: Finally, the encounter with Mr. Valentine has arrived. Valentine's fight can be compared to the final boss from the previous game, but with a twist.
==
Special Thanks:
Matt and Tony, you guys created an awesome game series and I hope you'll seek to improve your skills as the industry changes and you gain more experience.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:30:01 PM by Stadium_Star » Logged
Stadium_Star
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »

Cactus McCoy 3 has 5 islands to explore in the Galarpeggo islands, each with 12 levels, and each with their own unique gimmicks and enemies. In total, there are 61 levels in the game with the sixty-first being a  recreation and extension of the first level from Cactus McCoy and the Curse of Thorns.
==
ISLAND #1: Cactuaria Enclave
AREA #1: Tumbleweed Trailhead
Tumbleweed Trailhead has become the starting point of many famous trails through Cactuaria Enclave such as the Solanerf Trail which winds its way along the beautiful cliffs of the seaside. McCoy and Ella crashed here after the energy blast from Mr. Valentine and now they've got make their way towards the temple a few islands away.
Challenges:
  • Bare Knuckle Scorin' - Defeat every Enemigo in the area with only your bare fists.
  • Hello Neighbor - Explore every covered wagon and talk to the travelers inside.
  • Up, Up, and Oy Vey! - Launch 5 Enemigos into the stratosphere.
  • Robin Hood - Steal all 10 of the Enemigos' picnic baskets and give them to various NPCs.
  • Fully Armed - Pick up every possible weapon in the level.
  • Time Trial: Speedy Travelers - Complete the level in 1:30.

AREA #2: Sporkpath Cliffside

AREA #3: Freeazey Pointe

AREA #4: Cobalt Express

AREA #12: Ruins of Protection
Challenges:
  • Rock Hard Rumble - Defeat Saguaromole with only the boulders found around the arena.
  • Dodgeboulder - Take no damage throughout the entire level.
  • Untouched - Complete the level without destroying any statues, relics, or otherwise.
  • Into the Rock and Rubble -
  • Card Capturer -
  • Time Trial: Outrunning the Rockslide - Complete the level in [time not specified].

ISLAND #2: Diamonough Archipelago
AREA #1: Prism Harbor

AREA #11: Bugout Airbase

AREA #12: Ruins of Fortune

ISLAND #3: Caristona Key
AREA #1: Seaside Soiree

AREA #12: Ruins of Conflict

ISLAND #5: ?
AREA #11: Nightmarish Mineshafts

AREA #12: Whiplash Sanctuary

AREA #13: Cactus Canyon
Challenges:
  • Score to Settle - Find the Enemigo Gauntlet, participate in it, and then defeat Hex Hatfield on the highest rank.
  • Still Unwanted - Take down all of the Wanted posters around Cactus Canyon.
  • Highest Form of Flattery - Defeat all of the McCoy and Windstorm impersonators in the level.
  • Time Trials: Standing the Test of Time - Complete the level in [time not specified].
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:55:22 PM by Stadium_Star » Logged
Stadium_Star
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »

Like the previous two games, Cactus McCoy 3 features a large arsenal of weapons that has expanded between the release of the previous game. A new weapon class known as Animalistic Weapons has been introduced, allowing for new ways to traverse levels and defeat enemies.
Punching Weapons:
  • Fists - Default weapon for McCoy and Dumbell.
  • Boxing Gloves
  • Brass Knuckles
  • Iron
  • Brawler Gloves
  • Meat Hooks
  • Bear Claws
  • Ironclad Gloves
  • Katar
  • NEW - Barbed Boxer Gloves
  • NEW - Sunetsu
  • NEW - Gauntlets
Swinging Weapons:
  • Cactus
  • 2x4
  • Stick
  • Broken Pipe
  • Shovel
  • Machete
  • Pickaxe
  • Nightstick
  • Bat
  • Mallet
  • Bone
  • Sickle
  • Cutlass
  • Banjo
  • Acoustic Guitar
  • Lumberjack's Axe
  • Pool Cue
  • Crowbar
  • Katana
  • Scythe
  • Longsword
  • Morningstar
  • Club
  • Cleaver
  • Nunchuks
  • Butterfly Net
  • Macana
  • Serpent Blade
  • NEW - Frying Pan
  • NEW - Pizza Paddle
  • NEW - Wrench
  • NEW - Metallic Baseball Bat
  • NEW - Twin Katanas
  • NEW - Sticky Hand

Shooting Weapons:
  • Revolver
  • Derringer
  • Roman Candle
  • Shotgun
  • Blunderbuss
  • Squirt Gun
  • Crossbow
  • Harpoon Gun
  • Flamethrower
  • Machine Gun
  • Gatling Gun
  • Bazooka
  • Hex Hatfield's Pistol
  • BB Gun
  • Flare Gun
  • Dart Gun
  • NEW - Colton
  • NEW - Musket
  • NEW - Maxim Gun

Whipping Weapons:
  • Rope
  • Bullwhip
  • Barbed Wire
  • Chain
  • Tow Chain
  • Thorn Whip
  • Rattlesnake
  • Meteor
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Fly Trap
  • NEW - Towel
  • NEW - Grappling Hook
  • NEW - Ball and Chain
  • NEW - Wagon Cover
  • NEW - "Slappy"

Thrusting Weapons:
  • Power Drill
  • Chainsaw
  • Buzzsaw
  • Crocodile
  • NEW - Weed Whacker
  • NEW - Minigun
  • NEW - Powered Screwdriver
  • NEW - Shoulder Cannon

Animalistic Weapons:
  • Chicken - Only returning Animalistic Weapon as they appeared in the previous games. They can grant McCoy the ability to glide and be used for some missions.
  • NEW: Rhino - Able to crash through various objects and enemies and can activate switches if a crate is not available.
  • NEW: Jellyfish - Able to both swim up currents and across the water in general. It attacks water-based enemies by stinging them, allowing McCoy to finish them off.
  • NEW: ? -
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:34:39 AM by Stadium_Star » Logged
Stadium_Star
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:17:15 AM »

The shop in Paradise Lost is much more expansive and expensive when compared to other games in the series as not only can starting weapons and stat upgrades be purchased here, but new items such as Animals, Guides, and Detectors can be bought albeit for a higher price.
Detectors:
  • Treasure Detector - Need to find that last treasure in a level? Pick up a Treasure Detector and you'll be able to seek out relics easier. Remain aware that it isn't always accurate.
    COST: 25,000 Gold.
  • Metal Detector -
    COST: 30,000 Gold.
  • Chest Detector -
    COST: 35,000 Gold.

Guides:
  • Cactuaria Enclave Guide - Need a guide to find some hidden areas in Cactuaria Enclave? Purchase this guide - which can be brought up using the pause menu on any level - and you'll be on your way to completion in no time.
    COST:
  • Diamonough Archipelago Guide - Despite only being the second island, Diamonough Archipelago is littered with plenty of unique shops, hidden areas, and tourist spots. This guide will reveal the secrets of the island so you'll be able to get the full experience.
    COST:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:03:40 PM by Stadium_Star » Logged
Stadium_Star
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 09:17:46 AM »

RESERVED
Stadium_Star
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »

You can post now.
PizzaGod!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »

Looks good so far!
yoshilover99
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 09:31:44 AM »

This looks promising.
Faiz
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

I get so much cred they make fan games about me 8)
Penguin022
Restaurant Pro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »

Looks good so far.

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
https://i.imgur.com/AdSe1IF.png
Stadium_Star
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Hey, guys!

As you can tell, there's been a few updates since I last arrived on the forum. I've added info on two more islands, new items in the shop, and introduced THREE new bosses. I've still got more coming, but I'll be updating this less frequently as Christmas comes and goes.

Thank you for sticking with this idea.
River City Ransom
Trainee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 11:49:49 PM »

If and whenever this game DOES get made, i would LOVE to hear some ideas for possibly a fourth or even a fifth game. I believe that if Cactus McCoy got a trilogy with the return of Hex Hatfield, Malana Mire, and even some new bosses, it would guarantee for probably the best game of the McCoy line
I will still have high hopes for this game being made by whoever with everything down to the last original sound track from the previous two games and new ones for this possible third
Towers
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 07:07:29 AM »

Good idea but it won't happen.
River City Ransom
Trainee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »

Who can truly say? I don't even know the answer to that
New Kieferton
Taylor's Version
Better Than Papa!

And I don't know how it gets better than this

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 09:03:00 AM »

Flash is dying. They might make an App version

FCs: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70458.0
Q&A: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70345.0
Survivor Indonesia: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70566.0
Quotes:
Oh, my sincere apologies about that. I have the IQ of a potato, lmao.
doesn't have logic my dear darling Tousti
Roaring twenties, tossing pennies in the pool
Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.