Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Author Topic: Update your website to HTML5  (Read 12094 times)
Ianiant
Matt Fan!
Restaurant Legend

High Five for Hot Dogs!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »

I think what he meant is that it's probably impossible to convert gamerias to HTML5 right now.

Maybe it will be possible before the end of 2020.

DeluxePizza
Papa's Assistant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »

Maybe it will be possible before the end of 2020.
Maybe. I said right now as in currently. Who knows if it's possible later on.

My FCs: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=35298.0
My FCs Q&A: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=35845.0
My Restaurants!:
My Orders:
Papa's Pizzeria:
12 Pepperonis
20 minutes
8 Slices
Papa's Burgeria:
Bottom Bun
Mayo
American Cheese
Ketchup
Medium Patty
Mayo
American Cheese
Ketchup
Top Bun
Papa's Taco Mia:
(Unknown)
Papa's Freezeria:
Large Cup
Creameo Bits
Chocolate Syrup
Smooth Blend
Chocolate Whipped Cream
Chocolate Topping
Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles
Creameo, Banana, Cookie
More coming soon.
Soulmates Never Die
aka SND
Franchise Owner

ayyyyy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »

I think what he meant is that it's probably impossible to convert gamerias to HTML5 right now.

Yeah I know but then I asked if they can make new games in HTML5 and Matt didn't think so. So, yeah

Dear folks, thanks to everyone who voted for and supported my FCs in this year's KCP. I'll be back and I hope to dominate before Flash will be no longer supported!

Best of luck to Amy and lots of hugs to the rest,

SND
DeluxePizza
Papa's Assistant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »

Yeah I know but then I asked if they can make new games in HTML5 and Matt didn't think so. So, yeah
Oh. But, I'm pretty sure when they make new gamerias, they copy their codes on things like the menu, shop, lobby, how customers are suppose to come in, etc. Then, they start changing and adding code that is suppose to be for the new game. For example, they're making Sushiria. They copy the codes from Bakeria, then they start adding and changing codes for Sushiria. Basically, if they were to make a new game with their codes being used from Flash, they probably don't know how to convert that coding to HTML5's coding. Then again, they might be similar.

My FCs: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=35298.0
My FCs Q&A: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=35845.0
My Restaurants!:
My Orders:
Papa's Pizzeria:
12 Pepperonis
20 minutes
8 Slices
Papa's Burgeria:
Bottom Bun
Mayo
American Cheese
Ketchup
Medium Patty
Mayo
American Cheese
Ketchup
Top Bun
Papa's Taco Mia:
(Unknown)
Papa's Freezeria:
Large Cup
Creameo Bits
Chocolate Syrup
Smooth Blend
Chocolate Whipped Cream
Chocolate Topping
Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles
Creameo, Banana, Cookie
More coming soon.
Kassem
Friend of Foodini

When I have to study for bio

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 05:02:35 AM »

Matt said currently to convert to html5 a lot of features would have to be removed

orders here: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mzEG10pnR29AjxNm1i2HsN04mz315NF4c9ehuArrbEg/edit#gid=1843388696
☻/ This is bob. Copy and paste him so he can take over Flipline!
/▌
/ \\[/spoiler]Kahili [Jan 28 07:26 PM]:   I had a strange obsession with alcohol when I was like 4.
Soulmates Never Die
aka SND
Franchise Owner

ayyyyy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 06:33:02 AM »

Adobe Corp. needs to talk to the HTML5 Corp. in order to do something so that Flash could be convertable to HTML5 easy, gamewise of course.

It's sad to see the future of Flash where it is all discontinued. Will Newgrounds shut down?

Dear folks, thanks to everyone who voted for and supported my FCs in this year's KCP. I'll be back and I hope to dominate before Flash will be no longer supported!

SND
Matt
Hungry for Hot Dogs
Flipline
Restaurant Star

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »

Adobe Corp. needs to talk to the HTML5 Corp. in order to do something so that Flash could be convertable to HTML5 easy, gamewise of course.

It's sad to see the future of Flash where it is all discontinued. Will Newgrounds shut down?

If there actually was an "HTML5 Corp" it would help, but instead it's all based on whatever Google wants to add to their browser, which may be different from what Microsoft adds to their browsers, which might be different from what Apple and Mozilla and Opera and everyone else add to their browsers.  The technology behind HTML5 games can be very different from what Flash is based on (especially for our games -- vector graphic processing in HTML5 is awful), so you'd need to get everyone involved to agree to make improvements in those areas, which nobody has really committed to right now.  Getting everyone to agree to support the same things the same way is part of the reason why HTML5 improvements are so slow and so scattered, and why people have no idea if it will improve before Flash is gone.
Soulmates Never Die
aka SND
Franchise Owner

ayyyyy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »

If there actually was an "HTML5 Corp" it would help, but instead it's all based on whatever Google wants to add to their browser, which may be different from what Microsoft adds to their browsers, which might be different from what Apple and Mozilla and Opera and everyone else add to their browsers.  The technology behind HTML5 games can be very different from what Flash is based on (especially for our games -- vector graphic processing in HTML5 is awful), so you'd need to get everyone involved to agree to make improvements in those areas, which nobody has really committed to right now.  Getting everyone to agree to support the same things the same way is part of the reason why HTML5 improvements are so slow and so scattered, and why people have no idea if it will improve before Flash is gone.

In fact, why stop supporting Flash at all? Tongue

Yeaaaah. Microsoft probably endorses HTML5 the most as on Microsoft Edge the Flash support ends on 2019 even.

SND
Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.