Poll
Question: The next theme will be...
Fall Fashion
Uncanny Undead

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   
Print
Author Topic: Son of a Flipline Fan Art Competition  (Read 198883 times)
DokiDokiTsuna
The Bunny Mangaka
Better Than Papa!

Credit to Excalibur~

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »

Welcome to the 2nd FAC! I’m your host, Doki~.

This is a competition which challenges young artists to create fun Flipline fan art according to a specific theme. They’ll compete against other artists within the Veteran, Regular, or Beginner categories. All are welcome to join, judge, or just watch!

Instructions for Participants:
1. Sign up before the stated deadline (if it’s your first time in the competition, send me some sample art so I can categorize you).
2. Read the theme and make your art! You’ll have about a month to complete it.
3. Send me your entry before the stated deadline. Make sure to do this privately, via a Note or a PM. You cannot show your entry to ANYONE before the results come out; to do so would be grounds for disqualification.
4. Wait for the judging! It should be done in about a week.
5. Be a good sport! We can’t all win first prize, or it wouldn’t be much of a competition. Besides, no one actually wins any prizes…this competition is just for fun, so make sure you have some!

DO NOT ask the judges anything about their scoring.
DO NOT plagiarize/steal art. You may use a base if you must, but the majority of the work in the final product MUST be your own (bases with a few colors painted on them will be disqualified). Anyone caught using another artist’s artwork as their own WITH OR WITHOUT PERMISSION will be disqualified, and banned from the next competition.
DO NOT sabotage others’ art. I don’t really know how one would do this, and it seems like way more trouble than it’s worth…anyway, just don’t.

**Any contestant facing disqualification will be notified first. If you just made an honest mistake, don’t worry; you’ll have a chance to explain yourself.

Instructions for Judges:
1. Let me know you want to judge before it's too late. If I don’t know you’re judging, I can’t send you the entries when the time comes.
2. Wait for the contestants to complete their entries…
3. You’ll receive the entries from me via a Note or a PM, so make sure you check your inboxes.
4. Now it’s time to judge! You’ll be scoring the contestants on:

A. Objective: Did the artist use the required theme? Give 1 point for No, and 5 for Yes.
     B. Color: If the artist used color, did they do it well? Are the colors too loud and hard on the eyes, or do they go together nicely? Is the coloring so muddy that it’s hard to make out the details, or is it neat and carefully done? If the art is monochrome, did they use different shades of their chosen color, or is the entry simply line art? Ask yourself questions like these, and rate the artist’s use of color from 1 (Poor) to 5 (Excellent).
     C. Form: How well can the artist draw what they’re trying to draw? Do their humans look like humans? Do their animals look like animals? Does their food look like food? How well does the artist understand anatomy? Ask yourself questions like these, and rate the artist’s use of form from 1 (Poor) to 5 (Excellent).
     D. Composition: Is the art pleasing to the eye? Is it too off-center, or does it have a nice balance? Is the art too cluttered (is there “too much going on”?), or does it have too much blank space? Does it seem like the artist ran out of room while drawing? Is the use of perspective acceptable, or is it jarringly incorrect? Ask yourself questions like these, and rate the artist’s composition from 1 (Poor) to 5 (Excellent).
     E. Creativity: Is the art fun? Does it have a comedic aspect? Is it just one figure standing in the middle of the image, or is there a bit of activity? Did the artist simply follow the theme, or did they go the extra mile with their interpretation? Ask yourself questions like these, and rate the artist’s creativity from 1 (Poor) to 5 (Excellent).

5. Make sure you list the scores given for each criterion AND the total score for each artist. The artist with the highest total score in each category should be the one you thought was the best. Send all your judgements to me via a Note or a PM, and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!

DO NOT share the details of your judging with ANY contestants. If you really don’t understand a piece of artwork and feel you need to ask a contestant a question in order to judge fairly, you may. Just be smart about it, and only ask about the specific artwork.
DO NOT show favor to ANY contestant. As the host, I am the master judge, and I’ll be briefly reviewing the judgements you send in to me. If I find that you were unfairly giving points to/docking points from certain contestants, your judgements will be thrown out and you will never judge in the FAC again.
You have a responsibility to the competition to be fair and impartial as a judge. Friendship and enmity have no place here, and if you think personal prejudices are going to affect your criticisms, please just quit your post.

**Just to review, here’s the scale (for all criteria other than Objective):
1 (Poor), 2 (Fine), 3 (Good), 4 (Great), 5 (Excellent)

YOU MAY:
-Resend an entry! If you finish early and decide you want to do something else later, you’re free to send in a new entry, or edit the one you sent in before. The last entry you send in before the deadline will be the one that is judged.
-Talk about your entries! Sometimes this helps to make sure everyone isn’t doing the same thing. You can discuss your entries with other participants, and even give tips and advice. The only thing you can’t do is SHOW them to others.
-Report suspicious activity! If you see people saying worrying things about the competition (say, a contestant asking others for artwork, or two judges plotting to make sure one contestant loses/wins) take a screenshot of the evidence and send it to me. If any action is taken, you’ll remain anonymous.
-Judge/compete twice in a row! I don’t mind if you only ever want to judge, or if you only ever want to compete. To each his own. And of course, you’re free to switch between groups from FAC to FAC.
-ASK ME QUESTIONS! If you’re not sure about something, anything at all, just ASK. Sometimes I’ll be snarky and post a quote from something I already typed (just to point out that you should have read it the FIRST TIME), but I promise I’ll answer. If for some reason I don’t, just keep bugging me; I can’t ignore you forever.

COMPETITION #1
Theme: Sushiria Celebrations
Contestants: Chozam, MsMannie, Lemonade813, OrangeMonkey15, VulpesVespa, NyanNyanSensei, GATO39, PeppermintLeaf, Lapis Lazuli
Judges: DokiDokiTsuna, Joyce
Winners: GATO39 (B), Lapis Lazuli (R), NyanNyanSensei (V)

COMPETITION #2
Theme: Copy Cats
Contestants: Mannie~, Gato, VulpesVespa, Starman, Cutie_Pie
Judges: DokiDokiTsuna, Joyce
Winners: GATO39 (B), Starman (R), Mannie~ (V)

COMPETITION #3
Theme: Flipline Flippers
Contestants: Ianiant, Gato, Mannie, Honeydoo
Judges: DokiDokiTsuna, DJ Roomba
Winners: Gato (B), Honeydoo (R), Mannie~ (V)

COMPETITION #4
Theme: Munchmore Mayhem
Contestants: Mannie, Gato, Zuki-Chana, Rin Kagamine, Ianiant, OcFanatic
Judges: DokiDokiTsuna, DJ Roomba
Winners: Ianiant (B), Gato (R), Mannie (V)

COMPETITION #5
Theme: Costumed Customers
Contestants: Ianiant, Caramel Apple, Gato, OcFanatic, blue175
Judges: DokiDokiTsuna
Winners: Ianiant (B), Gato (R), Caramel Apple (V)

COMPETITION #6
Theme: Bedtime for Burgerburgh
Contestants: Ianiant, Caramel Apple, OcFanatic
Winners: Ianiant (B), Caramel Apple (V)

COMPETITION #7
Theme: FlipLove Studios
Contestants: Watermelon, OcFanatic, Ianiant, Swamp Sashimi, Panda-Chu, CarloRomano, Lemonade813
Winners: Ianiant (B), Watermelon (R), Lemonade813 (V)

COMPETITION #8
Theme: Candid Calypso
Contestants: Ianiant, Robin the Wizard, Aburrito, Gato, A Little Dynamic, Monika, OcFanatic, Diddu
Winners: Ianiant (B), Aburrito (R), A Little Dynamic (V)

COMPETITION #9
Theme: Dressed to the Nines
Contestants: Cantaloupe, Ianiant, Diddu, Gato, A Little Dynamic, OcFanatic, Aburrito
Winners: Ianiant (B), Aburrito (R), A Little Dynamic (V)

COMPETITION #10
Theme: ??
Contestants: RoseKitty, A Little Dynamic, OcFanatic, Ianiant, Petey K, Cinnablob
End: Oct. 30
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:31:24 AM by DokiDokiTsuna » Logged

Currently: fhs LIVES
Shendelzare
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 05:47:11 AM »

Roger that. I can't wait for this one to pop up.
ElectricAngel
Sushi Cutting Queen
Better Than Papa!

Addicted to The Crown on Netflix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »

Oooooh, I'm excited.

Read chapter 6 of my fanfic here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=6233.msg1688995#new

News!:
(Last update: 12/25/16)]12/25: Merry Christmas everybody! I'm learning how to use FireAlpaca... It's weird
Contributions to the Forum:
-started the Expectations topics (original idea)
-Self proclaimed artist
-Made the Shipping and Town of Salem topic just to name the popular ones
DokiDokiTsuna
The Bunny Mangaka
Better Than Papa!

Credit to Excalibur~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 12:03:16 AM »

NEWS BULLETIN:
  • The top post has been filled in with rules and regulations for your reading pleasure~.
  • There are only two contestants left who have not been categorized: OrangeMonkey15 and Stadnyx.
    If you are either of those people, please send me an art sample by Friday, Dec. 23, or you will automatically be added to the Veteran category.
  • There's still time to sign up for the competition, and you can ask to be a judge until the entry submission deadline. At the bottom of the top post, there is a list of all approved contestants and judges. If you want to be in one of those lists and aren't yet, get moving!

Shendelzare
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:37:29 AM »

TotesAngel being the Judge? Weird enough.
mikanic
y e e h a w
Restaurant Master

this ollllllllll' ruby riderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:30 AM »

cant wait!

idk this song is stuck in my head for some reason
Jan.1-Sayori hugging Toblerone
Jan.3- Monika
Jan.6-Some pic i found in my 3ds (its Cutiefly)
Jan.9-Another pic i found in my 3ds (Cosplay Pikachu)
Jan.11-Pink Diamond
Jan.15-Beatrice(and her dog)
Jan.19-Beatrice(again lol)
Jan.22-Lorna
Jan.26-Lorna again
Jan.30-Watermelon
Feb.10-Frisk
Feb.14-Chara
Feb.22-Monika
Mar.1-Monika
Mar.17-Monika
Mar.26-Monika
Apr.1-Sansika xD
Apr.2-Monika
Apr.7-Monika
Apr.16-Monika
Apr.24-Monika
May.11-Sasha Braus
May.12-Cantaloupe
May.22-Cantaloupe (My OC)
Jun.1- Cantaloupe (My OC)
Jun.9- Nyotalia Japan
Jun.13- Kumatora
Jun.19- Cantaloupe (My OC) fanart by OcFanatic
Jun.24- Cantaloupe
Jul.6- Athena Cykes
Jul.15- Mika (me as a pal)
Aug.8- Bluebarry
Aug.12- Zero Two
Aug.21- Violet Evergarden
Aug.27- Mafuyu Hoshikawa
Sep.1- Red Blood Cell(AE3803)
Sep.12- Ochaco Uraraka
Sept.22- Chibi Uraraka
Sept.26- Denki and Kyoka
Sept.30- Maggey Byrde
Oct.6- Denki and Kyoka
Oct.15- Cowboy Ruby
Gato
HAY PERO KEMOSION
Restaurant Master

Back to my origins [I Just Want To Live]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 06:07:47 AM »

Yey I did it!!
So excited for this

The cookie lover has arrived!
StevenUniverse:
STEVEN UNIVERSE ARMY!!! Join the Steven Universe Army now by making you picture of steven universe or a signature about it!

Members:
1. Epic~Nerd RIP (We'll remember you)
2. Ataino
3. TheBlackberryGuy
4. GATO39
Participate on my fan Tournament: Mi Musica xD
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20666.0

Don't forget to read my fanfic: Criminal Case Flipline Edition
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20293.0

Get the rhythm with: Music Battle.
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23064.0

Always have in mind:
¨"Totally agree,  need to try to respect each other here, and if there's a user someone just can't get along with, they should just not interact with that user.  Posting rants (whether "constructive" or not, and especially when not asked for) is just a form of harassment."
Matt                          2016

Survivor Rootings:
Survivor 30: Shirin
Survivor 31: Shirin, Stephen & Tasha
Survivor 32: Aubry, Cidney & Neil
Survivor 33: Hannah
Survivor 34: Andrea, Aubry & Cirie
Survivor 35: Ashley, JP & Roark
Survivor 36: James, Kellyn & Sebastian
Survivor 37: Gabby, Lyrsa & Natalie
Hopefully one of them makes it
Saburo
Restaurant Pro

Saburo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 08:06:32 AM »

Could I be a judge?
I can't make art but I want to be involved!

Matt [Aug 07 02:13 PM]:   hi DJ
Contact Me On Facebook Sombrero Santi
French them
professional swoocer
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »

sure ill try
DokiDokiTsuna
The Bunny Mangaka
Better Than Papa!

Credit to Excalibur~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »

Could I be a judge?
I can't make art but I want to be involved!
Sure; I'll add ya.
sure ill try
Do you mean you want to sign up, or...?

French them
professional swoocer
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 09:43:40 AM »

Do you mean you want to sign up, or...?
yeah ill sign up
Zetsu
His Good Boy
Tomato Toppler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

im actually hyped

I live to be my daddy's good boy.
Saburo
Restaurant Pro

Saburo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 10:37:16 AM »

Sure; I'll add ya.
Thanks! Greatly appreciated!

Matt [Aug 07 02:13 PM]:   hi DJ
Contact Me On Facebook Sombrero Santi
DokiDokiTsuna
The Bunny Mangaka
Better Than Papa!

Credit to Excalibur~

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »

yeah ill sign up
Okay, gotcha. Don't forget the art sample~

Puppet3
Amateur artist...
Sundae Master

I'll upload a decent profile pic soon enough.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

I'll sign up and probably would send a sample by tomorrow.

Do you have any idea what to do with your life?
I sure don't.

Currently stumped on whether to make a visual novel, a comic series, or a fanfic. All while struggling in school.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.