Poll
Question: Are you a member of the LGBT2Q+ community? SELECT ALL THAT APPLY TO YOU.
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community. - 23 (23.5%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, but I consider myself an Ally. - 22 (22.4%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, and I view the LGBT2Q+ community negatively. - 5 (5.1%)
Yes, I am Lesbian. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Gay. - 7 (7.1%)
Yes, I am Bisexual. - 7 (7.1%)
Yes, I am Transgender. - 4 (4.1%)
Yes, I am 2-Spirit. - 1 (1%)
Yes, I am Queer. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Intersex. - 1 (1%)
Yes, I am Agender/Non-binary. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Asexual. - 8 (8.2%)
Yes, I am Pansexual. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream sexual orientation. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream gender identity. - 2 (2%)
I am Questioning. - 8 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64   
Print
Author Topic: LGBT2Q+ (NEW POLL!)  (Read 132227 times)
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

stan loona

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »

Didn't that happen though? Weren't left-handed people at one point forced to write with their right hands because it was considered sinful to be left-handed

Or was this just a book I read

Religious people can be very hypocritical, the Bible verse that supposedly is against homosexuality is very vague and can have many meanings while the Bible clearly states that it is against divorce, but do religious people threaten to kill, harass or just "not support" divorce? I don't think so

Note: I am saying this as a devout Christian who is annoyed with the hate that other Christians seem to create Sad God wants us to love others, not hate.

And initially before the translation it wasn't 'man shall not lay with man etc etc', it was 'man shall not lay with BOY etc etc', so technically that verse is against pedophilia, not homosexuality

i need a bad bleep
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 01, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

Yes there used to be schools and such that were "right hand only"

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 01, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »

Religious people can be very hypocritical, the Bible verse that supposedly is against homosexuality is very vague and can have many meanings while the Bible clearly states that it is against divorce, but do religious people threaten to kill, harass or just "not support" divorce? I don't think so
The Bible is clearly against homosexuality. There are many verses which condemn homosexuality both in the new and old testaments, not just Leviticus 20:13. The first Bible verse which mentions homosexuality, just two chapters before the most famous one makes it quite clear: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." - Leviticus 18:22
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 01, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »

Note: I am saying this as a devout Christian who is annoyed with the hate that other Christians seem to create Sad God wants us to love others, not hate.
It is true, while people may choose sinful acts we must still promote love and kindness! I will go as far as to say that despite most religious texts permitting punishments for most such acts I personally disagree with this and believe that even if someone sins they should be always given second chances!
Faiz
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 01, 2018, 11:35:08 PM »

I fail to see homosexuality as a sin. Sorry.

Also Muslim condemnation fo homosexuality is very strange, because apart from the story of Soddom there is no mention of homosexuality in Islam, and traditionally homosexuality has existed and not shunned in the Islamic society pre-1900s. It's just like Muslims jumped on the bandwagon with Christians hating gays.
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 02, 2018, 05:23:49 AM »

I fail to see homosexuality as a sin. Sorry.

Also Muslim condemnation fo homosexuality is very strange, because apart from the story of Soddom there is no mention of homosexuality in Islam, and traditionally homosexuality has existed and not shunned in the Islamic society pre-1900s. It's just like Muslims jumped on the bandwagon with Christians hating gays.
It is because previously most Muslims would choose kindness over punishment. The current level of punishment for sexual harassment, for example, would be chopping off the private parts of any man who commits this sin. This was not what happened during the Islamic golden age or the Ottoman Empire, however. As well, people of other religions and even atheists were allowed to live in harmony with Muslims. Again, now we see many Muslim nations who persecute other beliefs.
Lovaho
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 02, 2018, 05:29:40 AM »

i really wonder if the homophobics have ever thought that being gay is like being left handed
you don't choose it, they are born like that, whether you or the rest of the world like it or not.
Actually nobody is born with a sexuality in the first place.

I date men
But you're acting like a little boy
And no, I ain't your little toy
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 02, 2018, 11:08:31 AM »

This concept interests me but I do not believe that I understand what you mean. What do you?
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »

I guess it develops over time?

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

stan loona

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 02, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »

For me it developed over time, and my middle school was very LGBT as opposed to my elementary school which was super straightwashed, so that probably helped me accept myself as well, as opposed to the straightwashed af middle schools I could have gone to/my old middle school

i need a bad bleep
Lovaho
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 02, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »

This concept interests me but I do not believe that I understand what you mean. What do you?
Sexuality isn't completely genetic.

I date men
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 02, 2018, 05:06:52 PM »

Sexuality isn't completely genetic.
This is true. You do have a degree of choice.
Lovaho
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »

There are also psycho-socio-environmetal factors.

I date men
Kirby
Friend of Foodini

thonking intensifies

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2018, 03:35:40 AM »

i meant its up to the person's genes not a personal choice
this article was posted on december and talks more about it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2155810-what-do-the-new-gay-genes-tell-us-about-sexual-orientation/

Lovaho
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2018, 04:50:15 AM »

I agree it's not really a choice either, but genetics isn't the only factor that influences sexuality.

I date men
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.