Poll
Question: Are you a member of the LGTB2Q+ community?
Yes, I identify as LGBT2Q+. - 12 (20.7%)
No, but I support LGBT2Q+. - 37 (63.8%)
No, and I am against LGBT2Q+. - 9 (15.5%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   
Print
Author Topic: LGBT2Q+  (Read 94046 times)
noname
« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2017, 10:56:30 AM »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zYPhXA2zHCU
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »

The most recent Pentatnoix Video, touched this subject through there cover of Imagine, Pentatonix. It became #8 on Trending, not just because Pentatonix is awesome but because of the music video, starting around 2:00 minutes through which many people have been emotinal too.

SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLiWFUDJ95I&t=224s
THIS WAS AMAZING

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Ixora
Ixora is a flower
Restaurant Legend

Hello would you like some tea and biscuits?

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »

Honestly no matter what kind of abnormalities you have (and it's not your fault if you're born like that! It's ok!), I'll call you a he or she depending on what gender you resemble more than what you act like more. Unless you have very ambiguous traits and it's hard totell whether or not you're a male or female (even when you look between your legs and can't tell, and yes it happens), only then we may prefer to call you what you act like and what you prefer.

Welcome to my sig~:
My nicknames:
As SuperCub: SC, Cub, Super, Cubby, Cubbypigs, Sugarcub, Cubster, Cubbypiggy, Cubby Cub, Cubby bubby, Cubz, SugarCubby, Suppercubby, Supery, Princess Cub... hey did I forget any other name?

As Shaira: Poetess, Shairapigs, Shairapiggy, Shai, S, Shy

As Ixora: Ixo

JSYK, all my names carry a patriotic message.
Hashtags:
#PacmanForSmiley #BringBackCMC  #YayLenny  #MakeADifference or #MaD     #LIUB  #StopYulinFestival #NoVATonEducation #PrayForTheWorld #DesiMomProblems

When Forumers are bad, Filter is of no use.
When Forumers are good, Filter is of no need.
ComicSans
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »

I'm indifferent/neutral

Example: I don't like the idea of homosexuality, BUT if you decide that you're homosexual, then fine. I respect that, and besides, nothing I can say will change your opinion.

And in the end, we're still human, and we're all mortal, so none of it really matters.
AloneInTheMoonlight
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »

my point is that straight people are the biggest source of homophobia, and they're the reason it exists in the first place.

what's your point though? Of course most of the anti-LGBTQ people are straight, but that doesn't mean that being straight is negative or bad in any way at all. Not all straight people are violent towards others who are different.

Sexuality isn't a choice. The feeling of attraction is a very sudden feeling. It can't just be controlled. Also, if your sexuality was a choice, why don't the non-heterosexuals not choose to be heterosexual since the LGBT isn't totally accepted?
sexual attraction to those who are of the same gender as you seems messed up to me. Yes, I for one was "taught that it was bad," but still I chose to believe that being gay is a choice.
French them
professional swoocer
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »

what's your point though? Of course most of the anti-LGBTQ people are straight, but that doesn't mean that being straight is negative or bad in any way at all. Not all straight people are violent towards others who are different.
i never said being straight was bad. i just said that staright people are the erason homophobia exists.

and being lgbt is definitely not a choice, i dont choose to be oppressed.

Honestly no matter what kind of abnormalities you have (and it's not your fault if you're born like that! It's ok!), I'll call you a he or she depending on what gender you resemble more than what you act like more. Unless you have very ambiguous traits and it's hard totell whether or not you're a male or female (even when you look between your legs and can't tell, and yes it happens), only then we may prefer to call you what you act like and what you prefer.
PeppermintLeaf
no time for tea
Better Than Papa!

Another qt

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »

Apparently 6 people would purposely misgender a transgender person. That's sad

I lurk in the shadows >w>)
Choco!Pie
« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »

Preference
Ixora
Ixora is a flower
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »

i never said being straight was bad. i just said that staright people are the erason homophobia exists.

You probably realize I mean issues with sexual orientation and not sexuality? -.-

Welcome to my sig~:
My nicknames:
As SuperCub: SC, Cub, Super, Cubby, Cubbypigs, Sugarcub, Cubster, Cubbypiggy, Cubby Cub, Cubby bubby, Cubz, SugarCubby, Suppercubby, Supery, Princess Cub... hey did I forget any other name?

Hashtags:
#PacmanForSmiley #BringBackCMC  #YayLenny  #MakeADifference or #MaD     #LIUB  #StopYulinFestival #NoVATonEducation #PrayForTheWorld #DesiMomProblems

Ixora
Ixora is a flower
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 12, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

Apparently 6 people would purposely misgender a transgender person. That's sad
Explanation?

Welcome to my sig~:
My nicknames:

Hashtags:

AloneInTheMoonlight
« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2017, 10:11:07 AM »

[...] i just said that straight people are the reason homophobia exists.
Yes, but what do you mean by that? You make it sound as though straight people should be punished for homophobia existing...

Everything that we as humans think, believe, do, say is a choice. Everything about us is a choice, everything from what we believe to how we think is something that we chose.

Just as an example: A criminal chooses to commit a crime, but that doesn't mean he chooses to be arrested or punished.

I am definitely not comparing LGBTQ people to criminals or anything like that at all, but it's just an example of the same type of logic used. We make choices, and how we react to everything is a choice, but that doesn't necessarily mean we chose the results of our choice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know you don't choose to be oppressed or hated.
PeppermintLeaf
no time for tea
Better Than Papa!

Another qt

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »

Explanation?
If you choose to call a transgender person by their biological sex, you're misgendering them. A trans woman is a woman, not a man. Same with trans men. If you call trans people by their biological sex, you're invalidating their identity, which is a really crappy thing to do.

I shouldn't have to explain this, it's kind of obvious

I lurk in the shadows >w>)
Ixora
Ixora is a flower
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »

If you choose to call a transgender person by their biological sex, you're misgendering them. A trans woman is a woman, not a man. Same with trans men. If you call trans people by their biological sex, you're invalidating their identity, which is a really crappy thing to do.

I shouldn't have to explain this, it's kind of obvious
There's more than just transgender in this topic, like intersex and those with sexual ambiguity. It's so hard to keep track of all these, I just call someone he if he is more of male than female biologically. Keeping things simple doesn't mean that I'm misgendering someone.

Sometimes I don't get the point of all these labels. I don't even have to. Nobody likes being complex anyway.

Welcome to my sig~:
My nicknames:

Hashtags:

French them
professional swoocer
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »

There's more than just transgender in this topic, like intersex and those with sexual ambiguity. It's so hard to keep track of all these, I just call someone he if he is more of male than female biologically. Keeping things simple doesn't mean that I'm misgendering someone.

Sometimes I don't get the point of all these labels. I don't even have to. Nobody likes being complex anyway.
it applies to anyone, not just trans people. if you dont use their pronouns youre being an asshat
Park Jinyoung
박진영
Restaurant Star

사랑해

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »

sexual attraction to those who are of the same gender as you seems messed up to me. Yes, I for one was "taught that it was bad," but still I chose to believe that being gay is a choice.
Attraction is a very sudden feeling. If you could control it, then we would've probably stopped being attracted to our crushes if they were already taken. It's like saying your biological sex at birth is a choice. It evolves, without your real control. That goes with sexual orientation as well.

My Current Top 10 Songs:
*As of November 4, 2017
1. Likey by Twice
2. Like OOH-AHH by Twice
3. As If It's Your Last by Blackpink
4. I'm Ill by Hello Venus
5. Pick Me by I.O.I
6. TT by Twice
7. If You Do by Got7
8. Cheer Up by Twice
9. Into The New World by Girls' Generation
10. Just Right by Got7

Artist Repetitions
1. Twice [4]
2. Got7 [2]
3. Blackpink, Hello Venus, I.O.I, Girls' Generation [1]
Bias Ranking For TWICE:
*As of September 1, 2017
1. Jeongyeon
2. Momo
3. Sana
4. Dahyun
5. Nayeon
6. Jihyo
7. Mina
8. Tzuyu
9. Chaeyoung
Bias Ranking for Got7:
*As of September 2, 2017
1. Jinyoung
2. Mark
3. Bambam
4. Youngjae
5. Jackson
6. JB
7. Yugyeom
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=40312.0
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.