Poll
Question: Are you a member of the LGBT2Q+ community? SELECT ALL THAT APPLY TO YOU.
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community. - 23 (23.5%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, but I consider myself an Ally. - 22 (22.4%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, and I view the LGBT2Q+ community negatively. - 5 (5.1%)
Yes, I am Lesbian. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Gay. - 7 (7.1%)
Yes, I am Bisexual. - 7 (7.1%)
Yes, I am Transgender. - 4 (4.1%)
Yes, I am 2-Spirit. - 1 (1%)
Yes, I am Queer. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Intersex. - 1 (1%)
Yes, I am Agender/Non-binary. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am Asexual. - 8 (8.2%)
Yes, I am Pansexual. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream sexual orientation. - 2 (2%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream gender identity. - 2 (2%)
I am Questioning. - 8 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64   
Print
Author Topic: LGBT2Q+ (NEW POLL!)  (Read 125101 times)
Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Restaurant Legend

Sienna for PNC20!

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 09, 2020, 06:13:01 PM »

I’m not homophobic, nor do I hate the LGBT+ community. I have many friends and family members who are part of the LGBT+ community. My religion prevents me from supporting the movement, but I do not hate or oppose anyone simply because they are LGBT+. I hate the stereotype that anyone who doesn’t support the movement is anti-gay or homophobic or whatever.
That’s fine! You have your beliefs and I respect that, I’m honestly don’t like a lot of the movement myself Laugh

Brother E: Yeah, the word 'homophobic' was only invented in 1969, so it's a fairly new word. I believe it was made for the sole purpose of making fun of people who don't agree with gay actions.
Yeah but some people really ARE homophobic, literally attacking gays and thinking we’re scum on Earth

Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi
My FC’s http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46833.0
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

Indigo for PNC20!

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 09, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »

I’m not homophobic, nor do I hate the LGBT+ community. I have many friends and family members who are part of the LGBT+ community. My religion prevents me from supporting the movement, but I do not hate or oppose anyone simply because they are LGBT+. I hate the stereotype that anyone who doesn’t support the movement is anti-gay or homophobic or whatever.
The stereotype is only a thing because of the shear amount of people that genuinely are insensitive and rude toward gays. Although I'm very glad you aren't like them, you sadly can't deny those peoples existence.

Brother E: Yeah, the word 'homophobic' was only invented in 1969, so it's a fairly new word. I believe it was made for the sole purpose of making fun of people who don't agree with gay actions.
No? It's meaning is, as per Google: "having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people." I do not believe it was made to make fun of people who dislike homosexual beliefs. It is simply a way to label someone who shows an obvious hate towards gays blank

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 09, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »

Yeah but some people really ARE homophobic, literally attacking gays and thinking we’re scum on Earth
Brother E: Well, yeah, I don't agree with people saying that either. I don't agree with the gay actions, but I don't consider them the "scum of the earth."

No? It's meaning is, as per Google: "having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people." I do not believe it was made to make fun of people who dislike homosexual beliefs. It is simply a way to label someone who shows an obvious hate towards gays blank
Brother E: True, but it's mostly used now in that context. Someone's says,  "I don't like the gay actions." and most of the time people say, "They must be homophobic."

Wally for the win in 2020 PNC!
Read our newest comic!
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44958.0
Also, take a look at our first comic.
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41395.0
Colts
Go Colts!
Restaurant Legend

Momo Strong!

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 09, 2020, 07:03:44 PM »

LGBT isn't a movement. It's love. It's literally just loving someone who has the same genitals. That's it.

Mr. Bombolony and Boopsy and Bill for PNC 2020
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Stan Loona!
Signup for my Survivor Game! https://discord.gg/FaGcQY8
Hope this helps.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 09, 2020, 07:08:58 PM »

What?? That makes no sense whatsoever. It was invented because gay people have been persecuted over many years and when people begun to come out more, homophobia in itself became more of a widespread thing. Therefore coining the word.

Also, Luke 6:37-42 37 says “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 39He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.”

As Christians, why do we focus more on the sins of others when we sin ourselves? Do you think we look good in the eyes of the world if we focus more on telling people how you disagree with homosexual actions, or abortion, or rock music or any thing, rather than focusing on God’s love and true kindness? Yes, you can disagree with things and think they are sinful. Perhaps they are sinful actions. But people should never have to see someone’s homophobia, transphobia, racism, and think “Oh, they must be Christian because they hate gays or hate abortion”. NO! They should see your kindness, your acceptance and loving of others and think “They must be Christians, as they show the love their religion focuses on.” I see more hate from Christians here towards gays, “gay actions”, trans people, etc than I see love and acceptance. Their life and sins should not be a concern to you. As a Christian, do NOT condemn people. But instead bring them to God through encouragement and love. Show them that God will love them instead of saying “I disagree with your actions”. Love before judgement.

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Colts
Go Colts!
Restaurant Legend

Momo Strong!

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 09, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »

Agreed!!

Mr. Bombolony and Boopsy and Bill for PNC 2020
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Stan Loona!
Signup for my Survivor Game! https://discord.gg/FaGcQY8
Hope this helps.
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

Indigo for PNC20!

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 09, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »

What?? That makes no sense whatsoever. It was invented because gay people have been persecuted over many years and when people begun to come out more, homophobia in itself became more of a widespread thing. Therefore coining the word.

Also, Luke 6:37-42 37 says “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 39He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.”

As Christians, why do we focus more on the sins of others when we sin ourselves? Do you think we look good in the eyes of the world if we focus more on telling people how you disagree with homosexual actions, or abortion, or rock music or any thing, rather than focusing on God’s love and true kindness? Yes, you can disagree with things and think they are sinful. Perhaps they are sinful actions. But people should never have to see someone’s homophobia, transphobia, racism, and think “Oh, they must be Christian because they hate gays or hate abortion”. NO! They should see your kindness, your acceptance and loving of others and think “They must be Christians, as they show the love their religion focuses on.” I see more hate from Christians here towards gays, “gay actions”, trans people, etc than I see love and acceptance. Their life and sins should not be a concern to you. As a Christian, do NOT condemn people. But instead bring them to God through encouragement and love. Show them that God will love them instead of saying “I disagree with your actions”. Love before judgement.
Well said. I'm not even religious and I believe this holds true.

iRossome
Pro-Life
Restaurant Master

Bring back Wendy’s Wheels!

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 09, 2020, 08:07:09 PM »

LGBT isn't a movement. It's love. It's literally just loving someone who has the same genitals. That's it.

Sorry if I mis-worded it. When I said movement, I was referring to some of their beliefs or the way the rally their beliefs. But as for someone’s sexuality, I can accept that. I don’t care if you are straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, etc.

Please sign this petition to bring back Wendy’s Wheels!!!! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66739.0
Other Links:
Check out my Fan Game, Papa’s Saladeria! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65687.0
Please ask me anything! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24254.0
Vote in the Worst Customer Tournament! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66766.0
Rowlet -- 7/11/17
Audino -- 7/25/17
Combee -- 7/31/17
LePete -- Date Unknown
Nebby -- 8/21/17
Beaten Android -- 1/8/18
Supergirl and Superman -- Date Unknown
Tangerine -- 1/16/18
Waluigi -- 6/13/18
Cross -- 6/24/18
Yellow Onion  - 8/16/18
Pro-Life Avatar - 1/19/19
Nellie - 3/26/2020
David Wallace - 5/1/2020
Deano - 5/1/2020
Dark Deano - 5/6/2020
Gondola 500 Icon - 5/12/2020
Deano - 5/18/2020
Wendy from Wendy’s Wheels - 5/23/2020
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 09, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »

Brother E: Okay, you all said your thoughts clearly, so let me say mine. This is not really intend to non-believers, but mostly believers in God.

Yes, of course we love them. But as Christians who know right from wrong, that doesn't mean we just accept the wrong actions. You don't agree and accept what thieves or drug addicts do, instead we want to help them get out of those actions.

This to non believers doesn't make all that much sense. But to Christians who knows God's Word should know that it is wrong and shouldn't agree with it. That's everyone's get away card now, saying we must love them and agree with their actions. Yes, of course we should love them, and even Jesus Himself hung out with sinners and loved them. But he didn't agree with their actions. People were changed after they hung out with them, and He said, "Go and sin no more." Those same verses you just refered to, TCOMIB, were spoken by Jesus, who also agreed with the Old Testament laws, like no stealing,  murder, no gay marriages, etc. Jesus said he didn't come to remove the law, but inforce it. Of course, we don't kill people now days who break those law, because Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for sin on the cross, but  we do still follow those laws. Jesus also spoke out against wrong things, but was He judging? No.

Should I judge people? No. Am I perfect?  Of course not. But, Christians can't stay quiet anymore and let everyone be brain washed. My concern is actually more in the media promoting gay actions as right than the actual people themselves. Because if we don't stand up and say, "No, you will not be playing this for my kids." Or, "No, I won't allow this wrong law to be passed," Unless we don't stop it, people will be brain washed by the media so much that they won't care if we want to share Christ's love with them or not. They will think doing wrong is okay, and won't listen to what we have to say.

Another thing, marriage is sacred be a man and a woman. Why? Because they produce life, and the child grows up healthy with a mother and a father. It has been proven that children do best with a father and a mother in their life.

Okay, those are my long paragraphs. I will be surprised if you red all of it. Nervous I might get backlash, but hey, this is my thoughts on everything, in agreeing with the Bible, as you guys shared yours.

Read our newest comic!
Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Restaurant Legend

Sienna for PNC20!

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »

Brother E: Okay, you all said your thoughts clearly, so let me say mine. This is not really intend to non-believers, but mostly believers in God.

Yes, of course we love them. But as Christians who know right from wrong, that doesn't mean we just accept the wrong actions. You don't agree and accept what thieves or drug addicts do, instead we want to help them get out of those actions.

This to non believers doesn't make all that much sense. But to Christians who knows God's Word should know that it is wrong and shouldn't agree with it. That's everyone's get away card now, saying we must love them and agree with their actions. Yes, of course we should love them, and even Jesus Himself hung out with sinners and loved them. But he didn't agree with their actions. People were changed after they hung out with them, and He said, "Go and sin no more." Those same verses you just refered to, TCOMIB, were spoken by Jesus, who also agreed with the Old Testament laws, like no stealing,  murder, no gay marriages, etc. Jesus said he didn't come to remove the law, but inforce it. Of course, we don't kill people now days who break those law, because Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for sin on the cross, but  we do still follow those laws. Jesus also spoke out against wrong things, but was He judging? No.

Should I judge people? No. Am I perfect?  Of course not. But, Christians can't stay quiet anymore and let everyone be brain washed. My concern is actually more in the media promoting gay actions as right than the actual people themselves. Because if we don't stand up and say, "No, you will not be playing this for my kids." Or, "No, I won't allow this wrong law to be passed," Unless we don't stop it, people will be brain washed by the media so much that they won't care if we want to share Christ's love with them or not. They will think doing wrong is okay, and won't listen to what we have to say.

Another thing, marriage is sacred be a man and a woman. Why? Because they produce life, and the child grows up healthy with a mother and a father. It has been proven that children do best with a father and a mother in their life.

Okay, those are my long paragraphs. I will be surprised if you red all of it. Nervous I might get backlash, but hey, this is my thoughts on everything, in agreeing with the Bible, as you guys shared yours.
I just don’t understand why “gay actions” are wrong, not a single gay person chose it, and many animals are gay so it’s natural. And yeah reproduction is between man and woman but you don’t have to have kids when you marry someone so that is no excuse

Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi
My FC’s http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46833.0
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 09, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »

I just don’t understand why “gay actions” are wrong, not a single gay person chose it, and many animals are gay so it’s natural. And yeah reproduction is between man and woman but you don’t have to have kids when you marry someone so that is no excuse
Brother E: Because, you know what, should be only between man and a woman. It only works that way. Everything is made that way. It just can't work the other way.

And I don't think I believe animals do it. That's probably set-ups. Animals only mate for one purpose, reproduction. Yes, some do stay mates for life, but not many. So it would be crazy for an animal to do it otherwise.

Read our newest comic!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

stan loona

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 09, 2020, 08:47:57 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
iRossome
Pro-Life
Restaurant Master

Bring back Wendy’s Wheels!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 09, 2020, 08:49:30 PM »

*leaves the conversation*

Please sign this petition to bring back Wendy’s Wheels!!!! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66739.0
Other Links:
Check out my Fan Game, Papa’s Saladeria! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65687.0
Please ask me anything! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24254.0
Vote in the Worst Customer Tournament! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66766.0
Rowlet -- 7/11/17
Audino -- 7/25/17
Combee -- 7/31/17
LePete -- Date Unknown
Nebby -- 8/21/17
Beaten Android -- 1/8/18
Supergirl and Superman -- Date Unknown
Tangerine -- 1/16/18
Waluigi -- 6/13/18
Cross -- 6/24/18
Yellow Onion  - 8/16/18
Pro-Life Avatar - 1/19/19
Nellie - 3/26/2020
David Wallace - 5/1/2020
Deano - 5/1/2020
Dark Deano - 5/6/2020
Gondola 500 Icon - 5/12/2020
Deano - 5/18/2020
Wendy from Wendy’s Wheels - 5/23/2020
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 09, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »

Brother E: But are they really having you know what? Two male or female animals can be walking, swimming, or flying together without being homosexual. Those pictures they showed don't look like they are doing you know what to me.

*leaves the conversation*
Brother E: I think I will too.

Read our newest comic!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

stan loona

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 09, 2020, 08:52:43 PM »

Brother E: But are they really having you know what? Two male or female animals can be walking, swimming, or flying together without being homosexual. Those pictures they showed don't look like they are doing you know what to me.

the second sentence in the article says yes, animals can have gay sex

This may include same-sex sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs.

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.