Poll
Question: Are you a member of the LGBT2Q+ community? SELECT ALL THAT APPLY TO YOU.
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community. - 22 (23.7%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, but I consider myself an Ally. - 21 (22.6%)
No, I am not a member of the LGBT2Q+ community, and I view the LGBT2Q+ community negatively. - 5 (5.4%)
Yes, I am Lesbian. - 2 (2.2%)
Yes, I am Gay. - 8 (8.6%)
Yes, I am Bisexual. - 7 (7.5%)
Yes, I am Transgender. - 4 (4.3%)
Yes, I am 2-Spirit. - 1 (1.1%)
Yes, I am Queer. - 2 (2.2%)
Yes, I am Intersex. - 1 (1.1%)
Yes, I am Agender/Non-binary. - 2 (2.2%)
Yes, I am Asexual. - 7 (7.5%)
Yes, I am Pansexual. - 2 (2.2%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream sexual orientation. - 1 (1.1%)
Yes, I am a different non-mainstream gender identity. - 1 (1.1%)
I am Questioning. - 7 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64   
Print
Author Topic: LGBT2Q+ (NEW POLL!)  (Read 122138 times)
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Bluey in TD style?

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 09, 2020, 09:43:04 PM »

I never said you have to agree, I said you have to ACCEPT. I mean, even I disagree with the sexual part of homosexuality to put it bluntly. But do I go around and tell people that? Do I make sure that everyone knows my views? No of course not! Because my goal shouldn’t be to change people. A grand majority of my friends are gay and I’ll support them no matter what, because they are my friends and they deserve love. The Bible makes a BIG distinction between judging the sin of believers and non believers though 1
Corinthians 5:9-13 says:
“ 9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

If you or a friend who is a believer in God struggles with sexual sin,whether having sexual relations with the same gender, adultery or others, talk to them privately and help bring them back to God. But God says don’t deal with the sin of non-believers because they will be judged him HIM ONLY.

Currently, I don’t think it’s a bad thing that the media is becoming more accepting. Gay people are deserving of acceptance and love. However, remember that the world has ALWAYS preferred sexual/sinful/etc behavior. We may fight against it, but the worldly battle against sin cannot be won by humans. Just remember Jebz, nothing has truly changed, you can say the media is brainwashing you or whatever but this is how the world has always been. There are hundreds of verses saying to be set apart from the world. You don’t need to follow in the ways of the world.

1 John 2:15-18 ESV

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

God Himself even says that the world was sinful, even then! Just recognize this. Only God may purify the world. It is not up to us to judge the world. If being gay is something that you see as sinful, you may refrain from things that promote it such as movies or books. Even if someone you know is acting sinful and it is causing you harm, you can tell them that their sin is influencing you negatively. But always remember, do not judge people. For no matter their sin, your sins are equally as bad. All sins are just sins in God’s eyes. We must ask for forgiveness for them. If a believer you know is struggling with sexual sin, guide them back to God. Don’t say judgements before you encourage them back. If a non believer is struggling with sexual sin, you can KINDLY try to bring them to God if they are willing. If not, leave them alone and let God decide. I’m not saying you have to accept the world either. For it is best to stay away from what you believe is sinful. But again, recognize that everyone is sinful and it is not our job to tell people that.

What I mean to say by all this is this: (Aka, here’s the tldr) constantly speaking out about how you disagree with homosexuality is not showing Christ’s love or actions. Sometimes your opinion on that shouldn’t be shared unless necessary. If you are afraid a believing friend is struggling with sexual sin it’s okay to guide them back to God. Otherwise, it’s best to leave it alone. I put loving others and trying to SHOW God’s love before my opinions. And this isn’t condemning you either! I am not angry or think you are wrong for your beliefs. You are okay for having an opinion. It upsets people when people on the forum often talk about how they disagree with homosexuality or abortion or other things, because to them it feels like judgement. I would recommend instead showing love and acceptance for others and trying to guide them to God before stating your opinions on their lifestyle.

Here’s some verses:
Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“

Proverbs 10:12
“ 12 Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.”

You cannot lead everyone to God, and you can not prevent every sin. It’s useless to think you can. But you can lead some people, and that’s the importance of showing love before all else. Because words of kindness and encouragement can bring someone to God and they will turn from sin themselves. Always ask God for forgiveness, and pray that He May guide you as well. I hope that you read this dear Jebz, this is only meant as guidement and not judgement.
Brother E: True, but that's the thing. Society and the media is shoving it down kids throats by putting that stuff in kids programming. That's when we need to stand up against that. We need to speak up and say it's wrong. Christians shouldn't be just sitting back and keeping quiet. Because if we keep quiet, no one will speak out against it. We are not judging if we stand up against something that we believe is wrong. I can say I disagree with something without it being judgmental, and I am free to say that. If there's someone who take it judgemental, that's them. But there's some who might not take it judgemental and it will help them in the right path. We need to let people interpret it themselves.

Also, you don't need to accept their ways, you need to help them out of their ways. Like you said, loving and kindly.

The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 09, 2020, 09:48:06 PM »

Brother E: True, but that's the thing. Society and the media is shoving it down kids throats by putting that stuff in kids programming. That's when we need to stand up against that. We need to speak up and say it's wrong. Christians shouldn't be just sitting back and keeping quiet. Because if we keep quiet, no one will speak out against it. We are not judging if we stand up against something that we believe is wrong. I can say I disagree with something without it being judgmental, and I am free to say that. If there's someone who take it judgemental, that's them. But there's some who might not take it judgemental and it will help them in the right path. We need to let people interpret it themselves.

Also, you don't need to accept their ways, you need to help them out of their ways. Like you said, loving and kindly.
I really haven’t seen any kids programming that has people kissing the same sex or doing worse. That’s just not appropriate. But it shouldn’t be an issue if it’s just “oh this kid is gay” “oh look a lesbian couple” I agree, please do stand up against anything sexual in children’s programming or even just normal programming. But don’t fight against a gay couple or even a marriage. Honestly, it isn’t worth it. Just if a kid or someone you know feels upset or confused by it, you can teach them. But fighting against it isn’t really a good way to do it. Again, actions have to be kind as well. We shouldn’t necessarily keep quiet, but also we shouldn’t cause a scene. Be mindful of HOW you put your words as well. If someone sees it as judge mental, perhaps you worded it harshly. Make your posts informative, and have guidance. And again, not just spouting an opinion and hope people learn. People learn through seeing how others behave as well.

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Papa's Replacement

Good Luck Competitors

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 09, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »

So you want to change us?

Also media is trying to show people it’s not wrong to be gay, not trying to make people gay

Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi
My FC’s http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46833.0
Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 09, 2020, 09:52:40 PM »

No they are not. That's not true. I'm a Christian and we don't need to be speaking up or standing against it. We don't have any control over other people's lives. Being gay isn't a choice and arguing about that doesn't help anyone. I'm not trying to be harsh but dude you have to stop arguing about this.

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
LXXXIX - Win - Disguised Wolf
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCV - Game Died - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
XCIX - Win and MVP - Angakkuq
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIII - Loss - Disguised Wolf
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVII - Lose - Seer/Servant/Human
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
CXI - Win and MVP - Arsonist
CXII - Win and MVP - Espionage Wolf
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
doesn't pick name with most votes
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 09, 2020, 09:59:09 PM »

Also media is trying to show people it’s not wrong to be gay, not trying to make people gay

Agreed with your last point

Now what I have been arguing about to Jebz, the “ways of the gays” that is inherently sinful is things that are sinful. Adultery is sinful, premarital sex is sinful, get it? It’s just non-marital and procreation always sexual things in general that aren’t approved of. Getting someone to “change their ways” can mean “Hey don’t go hook up with that man”, not “I prefer if you don’t let my children see you and your husband together”

Many verses talk about sexual sin, but none talk about having a relationship, kissing, cuddling, etc. sexual actions are not often promoted in media (except adult media where it’d everywhere and generally sinful, so you don’t have to worry about your kids seeing that!), nor are they necessarily good (so that’s why it’s sinful in the first place, unwanted pregnancies, STD’s, and just hard feeling because of this are harmful to you and others!).

Don’t change people that are gay. Unless they told you they’re having sexual relations, it’s really best not to say anything

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Bluey in TD style?

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 09, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

I really haven’t seen any kids programming that has people kissing the same sex or doing worse. That’s just not appropriate. But it shouldn’t be an issue if it’s just “oh this kid is gay” “oh look a lesbian couple” I agree, please do stand up against anything sexual in children’s programming or even just normal programming. But don’t fight against a gay couple or even a marriage. Honestly, it isn’t worth it. Just if a kid or someone you know feels upset or confused by it, you can teach them. But fighting against it isn’t really a good way to do it. Again, actions have to be kind as well. We shouldn’t necessarily keep quiet, but also we shouldn’t cause a scene. Be mindful of HOW you put your words as well. If someone sees it as judge mental, perhaps you worded it harshly. Make your posts informative, and have guidance. And again, not just spouting an opinion and hope people learn. People learn through seeing how others behave as well.
Brother E: I believe Arthur did that.
Also, in my eyes and many others, my posts aren't offensive or judgemental at all. And Christians haven't been causing a scene, they've been very quiet.

Brother E: Liberals have been trying to change us Conservatives all over the place. We can't even share opinions without getting them shot down.

I don't want to change YOU. You can be not gay and still be yourself.

And, as with most of these, I am not the one starting the arguments, and I am not arguing. I answer questions or say my opinions, but people don't like my answers and cause an uproar. I may not like the gay fan art, but I don't verbally attack it. I get attacked more than I "attack" gays.

Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Papa's Replacement

Good Luck Competitors

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 09, 2020, 10:02:31 PM »

Agreed with your last point

Now what I have been arguing about to Jebz, the “ways of the gays” that is inherently sinful is things that are sinful. Adultery is sinful, premarital sex is sinful, get it? It’s just non-marital and procreation always sexual things in general that aren’t approved of. Getting someone to “change their ways” can mean “Hey don’t go hook up with that man”, not “I prefer if you don’t let my children see you and your husband together”

Many verses talk about sexual sin, but none talk about having a relationship, kissing, cuddling, etc. sexual actions are not often promoted in media (except adult media where it’d everywhere and generally sinful, so you don’t have to worry about your kids seeing that!), nor are they necessarily good (so that’s why it’s sinful in the first place, unwanted pregnancies, STD’s, and just hard feeling because of this are harmful to you and others!).

Don’t change people that are gay. Unless they told you they’re having sexual relations, it’s really best not to say anything
What about sexual acts between a gay married couple, there should be no issue with that

I’m waiting until marriage because I am Christian

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Bluey in TD style?

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2020, 10:05:38 PM »

What about sexual acts between a gay married couple, there should be no issue with that

Brother E: The Bible says not to do that.

It's not true sex though. God specifically made that for man and woman. He would have just made one gender if the same gender could have sex.

Sex is only for marriage. Not something to make people feel good. Even straight sex shouldn't be done before marriage.

Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Papa's Replacement

Good Luck Competitors

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »

Brother E: The Bible says not to do that.

It's not true sex though. God specifically made that for man and woman. He would have just made one gender if the same gender could have sex.

Sex is only for marriage. Not something to make people feel good.
I said for marriage

Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2020, 10:06:54 PM »

I am not attacking you Jebz, I am trying to guide you. This mindset is one that I have seen in Christians who have harmed me and harmed others, so I am trying to be careful.

Brother E: I believe Arthur did that.
Also, in my eyes and many others, my posts aren't offensive or judgemental at all. And Christians haven't been causing a scene, they've been very quiet.
Brother E: Liberals have been trying to change us Conservatives all over the place. We can't even share opinions without getting them shot down.

I don't want to change YOU. You can be not gay and still be yourself.

And, as with most of these, I am not the one starting the arguments, and I am not arguing. I answer questions or say my opinions, but people don't like my answers and cause an uproar. I may not like the gay fan art, but I don't verbally attack it. I get attacked more than I "attack" gays.

You may ask others if your posts are judgemental. I have to say it isn’t something you can determine on your own. I can see that you don’t want to listen to me or others though so I will drop the conversation and trust that you will as well. Ask God for guidance and He will help. Let us not bring this up anymore and I will be disappointed if this argument comes up again.

Also, please don’t bring politics into this, this is about religion, not politics.
Be mindful of what you say, and realize if it upsets people or causes an argument it is best not to say it.
I hope that you have a good night and may God guide you and bless you

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »

so you're only ever going to have sex when procreating

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »

Personally I don’t have an opinion on that, as that’s for the couple the self to decide. I shouldn’t decide for them and neither should anyone else. I’m glad you are waiting until marriage though! May you find the perfect person for you

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Bluey in TD style?

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 09, 2020, 10:11:12 PM »

I am not attacking you Jebz, I am trying to guide you. This mindset is one that I have seen in Christians who have harmed me and harmed others, so I am trying to be careful.
You may ask others if your posts are judgemental. I have to say it isn’t something you can determine on your own. I can see that you don’t want to listen to me or others though so I will drop the conversation and trust that you will as well. Ask God for guidance and He will help. Let us not bring this up anymore and I will be disappointed if this argument comes up again.

Also, please don’t bring politics into this, this is about religion, not politics.
Be mindful of what you say, and realize if it upsets people or causes an argument it is best not to say it.
I hope that you have a good night and may God guide you and bless you
Brother E: I am not out to harm anyone. I only want them to enjoy life the way God intended it to be. And I can say something is wrong if it is my opinion. Opinions have a right to be spoken. And mine are in no way offensive.

Sorry, but I brought politics into because a lot of it has to do with politics.

Goodnight, TCOMIB. May God continue to bless, teach, and guide you. Wink

I said for marriage
Brother E: Well, yes. The Bible said that's wrong too.

so you're only ever going to have sex when procreating
Brother E: Only with my wife I will. That's it.

Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 09, 2020, 10:13:57 PM »

Brother E: I am not out to harm anyone. I only want them to enjoy life the way God intended it to be. And I can say something is wrong if it is my opinion. Opinions have a right to be spoken.

Goodnight, TCOMIB. May God continue to bless, teach, and guide you. Wink Brother E: Well, yes. The Bible said that's wrong too.
Please, refrain from bringing up politics when they were not mentioned. It causes fights.
You are entitled to your opinion, but again be very mindful of how you word things, when you say it and why.  Let us drop the subject now. No more arguing about what’s right or wrong. Especially as bassettt is a Christian and no matter what, he trusts and loves God. That’s the most important thing and I’m very happy for him.

Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Papa's Replacement

Good Luck Competitors

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 09, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »

Brother E: I am not out to harm anyone. I only want them to enjoy life the way God intended it to be. And I can say something is wrong if it is my opinion. Opinions have a right to be spoken. And mine are in no way offensive.

Goodnight, TCOMIB. May God continue to bless, teach, and guide you. Wink
Brother E: Well, yes. The Bible said that's wrong too.
Brother E: Only with my wife I will. That's it.

So you’re saying I can’t have a true marriage?

Let’s get this straight, you want to deprive gays of the most basic joys of a healthy relationship, marriage and sex, because of something they didn’t choose? Do you realize how horrible that is?

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.