Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: Name Change Policy  (Read 7279 times)
Matt
Hungry for Pasta
Flipline
Restaurant Star

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »

Here's our official name-changing policy:

You're not able to change your account name on your own on the forum.  If you REALLY want to change your name though, you can send me a PM with your requested name and I can change it for you, but only if these items apply to you:

1.  Your account was registered on the forum over three months ago
2.  It has been more than three months since you last changed your name

If you send a PM asking for a name change, please make sure it has already been three months and your account has been active for at least three months.  If you PM asking for a name change before you're eligible to get it changed, we will ignore your PMs and your name will not be changed.

Your Profile will also show "Name Last Changed" with the date your name was last changed.  Please add three months to this date when figuring out when you're eligible for a new name change.  Also note this date is based on when we changed it in our time zone, so if your time zone is different and your days start before ours, you will still have to wait until it's been a full 90 days in our time zone.

Please make sure you like your new name enough to keep it for three months!  We don't allow early changes for names, so you will be stuck with this name for 90+ days.

There's also no guarantee that I'll be able to change your name right away, so it may be a few weeks before I have a chance to change it.

When deciding a new name, please keep the following things in mind:

• You can only use the standard (Latin) alphabet for you name.  
    Don't request a name with characters in Kanji, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, etc.

• You can also use numbers, spaces, and the symbols listed below.
    Most other symbols aren't allowed by the forum software.
     _ - ~ ! ^ . ,

• Shorter names are best, but don't request a name that's longer than 26 characters (including spaces). 
    It will get cut off and wrap into multiple lines and it just won't work great for the forum.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:05:34 PM by Matt » Logged
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.