Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   
Print
Author Topic: Jacksmith Tips  (Read 124010 times)
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

Meepymeep people! This page here is all about the tips and tricks I can offer you while playing Jacksmith. These are all based on my experience in the game play. You can also offer some of yours in which you'll be credited. Some of these tips are from the Help option from the game. I hope these tips help you in your game play. Onwards to glory!

Special thanks to Popish10 for providing great tips for stretching bows and cannonball timing!
Special thanks to Atomic_Fan for popping in something about Gander's inventory.

Choosing
Ores
  • You obviously know the grade of the ores. The better quality ores obviously have better attack power and durability and take longer time to melt them.
  • Copper (with your help) will only last for around 3 battles at maximum.
  • Bronze (with your help) will only last for around 5 battles at maximum.
  • Iron (with your help) will only last for around 7 battles at maximum.
  • It's very rare that a full steel arsenal will be able to make it to the end but they would usually make it to either battle #8 or 9. But if they have their weapon boosts against certain element, it's possible that they can bring you victory. The only thumbs-down is when there are non-elemental enemies.
  • Gold may have a better chance to last till the end but they still need your help.
  • I don't need to say about crystal...
  • If you're in a pinch to gather more higher quality ores like gold and crystal, set yourself a limit to use only steel as your highest.
  • Crystal weapons are the hardest to get the completely hammer due to its bright blue colour but at least you'll still be able to see the white shine.
Weapons
  • Bows and pikes use the least amount of ores (8 ores) while shields use the most (16).
  • Pay attention to what Scout tells you and choose the weapon that can address to most of the elemental problems.
    Eg: If most of your enemies are Dark and Electric elemental, choose a Moonblade.
  • If you don't have the weapon that can go against any element, just make one anyway to fill its bar to unlock their weapon boost.
  • A weapon that has its weapon boost unlocked can only benefit from them.
    Eg: A Longsword can actually deal extra against Fire, Ice and Electric but if your Longsword has only Fire and Ice, it can only do that until you unlock Electric.
  • If you're in a pinch for parts, it's best that you stick to the normal parts (as in those that you have an infinite amount). A full gold or crystal arsenal with normal parts can still win the whole battle but it depends on which weapon you choose.

Forging
  • Take advantage of the pump. It helps speed the melting process. A fully pumped up fire can melt steel and have you pouring as soon as your second warrior arrives.
  • Copper melts the fastest than any other ore. If you use that, use the pump to quickly melt them up and be done with it. The same goes to bronze and perhaps iron.
  • If you can complete one weapon quickly, you'll be able to catch iron on the right time (maybe almost to over-melt point, depending on your speed) and pour it straight.
  • While pouring, pull it nice and steady as if you're doing it for real. If you're not confident, you can practice it slowly until you get the hang of pulling the chain a wee faster. But of course, don't do it too fast.

Crafting
Swords
  • While hammering, be sure to hammer it right. You can take your time to aim and hit. Just watch for your limited swings. If you think you've hammered the whole sword, you can use your spare swings to hit any spot you've missed or just anywhere because it wouldn't affect your hammering score, that's according to what Matt said.
  • The Falchion is easily the easiest to get the hammering right since it's a one-sided blade. But still, don't waste your swings.
  • Take your time to position your guards, grips and caps.

Bows
  • Your bows MUST, of course, be fully stretched till it can't stretch anymore. If you didn't get a straight line on first try, take your time to re-stretch it until you got it.
  • According to Popish10, you can use the 3rd circle as a guideline. Jump to the message here.
  • Here's a way I found while stretching Wing Bows. Notice how the tip on each side would be directly at the grips selection? You can use that as your guide when re-stretching.
  • When it comes to their arrows and fletching, same strategy applies to guards, grips, poles and caps. Ever since that update, it's been made easier.

Axes
  • I don't know how people have a problem when it comes to constructing the Double Axe but it should be pretty obvious when you've put it wrongly. The update has since made sure the blades don't run around the place
  • You can take your time while placing the side blades. The tip should be the easiest to deal with.
  • Same strategy applies when building the handle.

Shields
  • Arguably the easiest weapon to craft.
  • While painting, click hard and use a circular motion (in the shape of the shield) until you've complete painting the shield. Do it fast so that you don't run out of paint too quickly.
  • You can actually pause painting for a while and paint from another spot. But don't go doing something else or you might get a bug.
  • It takes practice to get the construction right on the Box Shield but it shouldn't be too hard.
  • When it comes to centralizing your crest:
    • Pointed Shield: It's easy with that center line as your guideline. Now you just need to make sure the height is at a right point.
    • Round Shield: It's a circle so you have to pinpoint the center with the help of the highlight. It takes a little practice with shapes like the heart crest (#TD-06).
    • Box Shield: If you notice its symmetry, there should be a faint center line. Focus on that first. The tricky part is to get the height right. Try it with the basic crest (#TB-01) first, when you think you have centralize it, move it up or down a bit until you get it perfect. You can try wasting 1 day just to practice. Jacksmith can wait.

Pikes
  • Possibly the hardest to craft due to it needing more parts to create the handle.
  • You only have a limited number of swings so you must get your hammering right. The numbers are specific to how many swings are needed to completely hammer the blade. In my opinion, the Moonblade is the hardest to get it right.
  • Here's a formula on how to divide your swings: 1-3/4-1 for Spetums, 3-3-3 for Tridents, 3-6-3 for Moonblades.
  • Same strategy applies while handling.

Maces
  • Constructing the mace is easy. You just need to follow the design.
  • This is in my opinion on which is easiest to hardest: Battle Mace, Pegged Mace, Spiked Mace.
  • Same strategy applies while handling. It's the same for Axes.

Epic Weapons
  • Build your EWs according to the battle you're going against.
    Eg: Obviously the Mariner would be beneficial for battle against water enemies.
  • You can do yourself a shopping list when you're in need of parts. I specifically have one when I aimed to create every EWs 3 times to get a gold star in the list.
  • The ore grade of the EW doesn't actually matter. What matters is the boost that it gives. However, an epic weapon that does last in battle would be nice.
  • If you have multiple EWs to craft in mind, you should try doing them one at a time or you might get confused (doesn't really apply to Bows and Shields). If you do plan on multiple bookmarks, you can refer back to your design catalogs and remember the code number of the parts needed.
    Eg: While building the Nightpike, try remembering this formation: 44-14-43-14-44-23
  • Did you know that when you acquire a new EW design catalog, the chest will also provide the materials needed? Once you've found all of them, the chest will randomly provide the materials needed for a certain EW. Use this winning opportunity to gather the parts you need in the case you want to create more EWs.

Battles
  • Believe me, the hardest foes are actually the non-elemental ones. If you're up against some, make some your weapons to have higher attack power or durability to last the battle.
  • It's obvious that the further you advance, the tougher they get. Did you also notice that they get bigger?
  • Unless you're aiming for the "Spectator" badge, your warriors will need your help as support.
  • Time your cannonballs to increase your chances of winning.
  • You can bypass the recharge time of your cannonballs by shooting them when your warrior are doing the victory pose as it will hit the next target. Works very well with the Fire Bombs!
  • You can use your normal cannonballs at any time.
  • You should use you Fire Bombs at specific enemies like non-elemental ones or those that your weapons have no boost against. You can also use them at even numbered battles (battle #2, 4, 6 etc). They have the same recharge time as the Repair Bombs and they should be ready at alternate battles. Surprisingly, they are also effective against Fire enemies.
  • Use your Repair Bombs at all times. They have almost the same recharge time (but a little longer) as the Fire Bombs.
  • The same strategy goes to the Lightning Bombs but you should save them for tougher enemies like the evil version of the animals as they tend to do worse damage. You should use these at even numbered battles. Have almost the same recharge time as the previous two but a bit slower and they should be ready at alternating battles.
  • Use the Booster Bombs only when you're in a pinch. Have almost the same recharge time but slower and should be ready at alternating battles but a bit later.
  • You should use the Ice Bombs only at the final battle. These cannonballs have the slowest recharging rate that last for around 6 battles! If you can fire at the right moment where the dragon was about to attack, a successful shot will freeze it and when it thaws out, his attack timer will be reset!
  • When you're at battle #9, you should start saving up your cannonballs but you can still use the normal ones and Repair Bombs. And when you finally get to the last, blast them with everything at once and hope your warriors will last until victory.
  • It's ok to lose a battle although you'll not get an Epic Weapon for that.
  • Did you know that when you start to have more enemies for the day, the first 3 are always critters?
  • The only battle that you MUST win is when you face Dudley and his horde of elemental dragons. The orders goes like this: Fire, Water, Ice, Stone, Wind, Lightning, Nature and Dark. The non-elemental dragon will only appear after you've defeated Dudley.
  • No many how many times you try to restart from an unfavourable battle, the pattern of the enemies stay the same. Only the elements may change.

Others
  • Obviously, you can multi-task. That's the point of a management game, except that it's not a Papa's restaurant this time.
  • Practice makes perfect!
  • Gander may not have everything so don't depend on him too much. Plus, he's also a greedy goose...
  • Gander's items will stay the same for the day even if you restart that day.
  • It's obvious that the faster you finish all the weapons, the more gems they'll pay you. If you're very speedy, you can get up to 60 gems.
  • Don't expect a bargain from that greedy goose...
  • If you noticed everyday on Gander's items for sale, they seem to go on a rotation basis. The new items are randomized and they will stay in there until they've reached the 1st box and disappears.
  • If you're in need of parts and ores, you can...
    • Increase the luck of your weapons with luck-boosting parts
    • Create a luck-boosting Epic Weapon
    • Use weapons that have luck boosts as their specialty
    • Create better weapons as they have higher chances of getting better ores
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:46:28 AM by Meeper » Logged

Flipline Games Achievements:
  • Papa's Hot Doggeria *COMPLETE ~ Rank 113*
  • PL2: WBA *COMPLETE ~ 100%*
  • Jacksmith *COMPLETE ~ Level 100*
Things to do:
  • Try to do something about Flipline Fantasy fan game
  • Try to find a way to continue Flipline Fantasy fan fiction
  • Try to revive Flipline Fantasy idea
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
The only FC shipping that involves my FC that I seem to "accept/tolerate":
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »

Reserved in case of character limit.

Things to do:
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
ewn
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

It's obvious that the faster you finish all the weapons, the more gems they'll pay you. If you're very speedy, you can get up to 60 gems. -Meepers

No. we can get 60 beyond if you're speedy. I got 65 sometimes.
papa_fan
Tomato Toppler

my avatar is my own drawing.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

Forging
  • Take advantage of the pump. It helps speed the melting process. A fully pumped up fire can melt steel and have you pouring as soon as your second warrior arrives.
  • Copper melts the fastest than any other ore. If you use that, use the pump to quickly melt them up and be done with it. The same goes to copper and perhaps iron.
  • If you can complete one weapon quickly, you'll be able to catch iron on the right time (maybe almost to over-melt point, depending on your speed) and pour it straight.
  • While pouring, pull it nice and steady as if you're doing it for real. If you're not confident, you can practice it slowly until you get the hang of pulling the chain a wee faster. But of course, don't do it too fast.
you made a mistake
it should be bronze

i'm a girl.and i may be a weirdo.accept that fact.
Popish10
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:59 AM »

Hey guys

Just want to share some tips on building bows. In the earlier version, constructing a bow was pretty easy since you could just overstretch it Cheesy However, in version 1.02, it was fixed so i had to spent a few hours in order to get 100% on the stretching part.

Here's how its done

Hope it will help ya !

Edit: First, drag the left handle to the spot near the 3rd circle. Then, stretch it by dragging your mouse quickly to the right. If you think the bow is not straight. adjust the left handle and try again.

Edit:17/4/2017 new images because imageshack deleted  the old ones.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:12:15 AM by Popish10 » Logged
papa_fan
Tomato Toppler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 05:37:14 AM »

that is very helpful!i will use that tip

cypher
Unstoppable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »

It was easy for me to perfect the stretching, yahoo!

Why would you make this thread for any reason other than an attempt to prove that god has died?
ewn
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »

Hey guys

Just want to share some tips on building bows. In the earlier version, constructing a bow was pretty easy since you could just overstretch it Cheesy However, in version 1.02, it was fixed so i had to spent a few hours in order to get 100% on the stretching part.

Here's how its done

Hope it will help ya !

Great! And Imageshacks' images will also be "seen"!
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »

you made a mistake
it should be bronze
Thanks, fixed.

And I have another tip for stretching Wing Bows coming up.

Things to do:
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
Papalouiefan!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 06:18:18 AM »

Thanks,This Is MORE Great
And Now For My Tips
Actually Gander's Shop Items Not Change Everyday
It's Only 2 Items Which Is Changing
Err..............
Small Tip
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »

And Now For My Tips
Err..............
Small Tip
The whole thing is randomized. Updated the tips!

Things to do:
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
Papalouiefan!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:53 AM »

And Now For My Tips
Err..............
Small Tip
The whole thing is randomized. Updated the tips!
Eh...... I Will Give Ya Screenshot
papa_fan
Tomato Toppler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:22:29 AM »

i realise that when building your weapon, if your weapon is a bit to the left your weapon can be perfect too

ewn
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »

When you building a handle in swords, It must be placed in center. If you put it off-centered, you lose points! When you building a handle in axes, pikes and maces, It muse be placed in center. If you put it off-centered, as it bended, you lose points!
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »

It's obvious that the faster you finish all the weapons, the more gems they'll pay you. If you're very speedy, you can get up to 60 gems. -Meepers

No. we can get 60 beyond if you're speedy. I got 65 sometimes.
I just realized this. Did you read the bold part? It means it IS possible to go beyond that.

Things to do:
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.