Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: Future KCP Suggestions  (Read 404 times)
GeminiSparkSP
The one and only
Pizza Topper

Papa Louie ain't even an actual papa.

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2017, 04:33:54 AM »

Now that KCP 2017 is coming to a close, I'd like to give some feedback to the KCP app itself. But first, let me put this here from another thread.

KCP Suggestions!

- A randomizer option to randomly pick a style (random skin colour, random eyes, random clothing, etc.). This can help people who don't have any ideas, and people can have a developed base to work off of.

- Just like you can't share names with other KCP creators, they should block all the names of the existing customers along with names with numbers, so there isn't a Kayla, Matt, Allan, "ujhsdf46ds4fdsfj" and so on. There are so many good looking customers, but they have names that either match actual customers or have horrible randomized names.

- A colour wheel, so you can choose your colours down to the exact hex/RGB code that you want it to be. There can always be defaults on the side, along with slots to save your own colours to colour coordinate, therefore helping you to have more options.

- An in-game spotlight where voting would usually be before the voting starts, constantly changing every time you click on it. It helps you see what others created, along with knowing if one of your WIP-customers look like other people's entries, helping you create something unique and special.

- Some info about your customer that you can pick for yourself. For example, favourite holiday with a selectable menu of all the holidays from Cupcakeria to Sushiria, and everything in between. Potentially a favourite colour, favourite food, city that he/she lives in, etc. There can also be a short section below, like others suggested for a biography of the character. It helps breath life in to the character and helps with creating Flipdecks, and picking orders afterwards if the owner is unable to get into contact with Matt/Tony.

- Bring back the Kingsley's Class photo at the end of the tournament from KCP2013! It was really cool to see everyone standing side by side and really getting to compare all 32 of the entrants. Hopefully it comes back this year, it'd be awesome if it did.

That's pretty much it, the things I suggested were less clothing and customizable options, and more suggestions to improve the KCP game/system itself and ideas to allow people to have their own one in a kind characters.

And here are my own suggestions:

- A skip button for the voting. Sometimes the 3 characters shown don't look good at all, or maybe people just don't feel like giving votes for that particular group. As it is now, you have to go back to the main menu and enter the voting part again. A skip button would be most convenient. If I remember correctly, this feature was in KCP 2016, and I'd like to see it again.

- Vote counter. The current KCP only shows you your average rank, not vote count. I'd like to see how many people voted on my characters along with the average rank.

- A better UI for the eye look, eye type, and mouth picker. Make it look like the hair picker. It's neat, and you can see what you want to choose instead of scrolling through until you loop around.

- Separate color picker for secondary hair option. Sometimes people just want to go crazy.

- A standalone app for the character builder feature. Dressing up games have their own audience, and I think a standalone character builder app could work. It also allows people to practice making their characters without having to play the gamerias.

Shocking!
Soulmates Never Die
aka SND
Franchise Owner

Aurora, Bellamy or Evan for KCP '17

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:14:48 AM »

* I fear the randomised entries can sometimes be so bloopy they would be so loved by troll entry creators.
* This and not allow the name not-capitalization.
* I think that would work against some parts of colouring a character similar and would also create messy FCs you can already see on Deviantart.
* Achieving total uniqueness can be hard sometimes, don't you think?
* YES! And to make yourself a Style B. Either from the wardrobe or how do you want to dress up. (Preferably to choose nothing from already existing fictional characters and troll looks.)
* Also yes! It could be like a school picture or something.
* Also also yes! It's tiring to go back to start everytime.
* Maybe by bringing the vote count back people would feel the bias coming towards their entries? Sorry, just saying.
* It could work but I don't think they'll have enough space for it.
* See above. + Add piercings! How can Wylan B have one when no one can too?
* Can be nice I guess

by that order of the way the first post posted all the innovations that are being suggested

KCP '17, I'm coming!.. hopefully..! (chances reduced to 2/3; #Justice4EvanBySND)
Juniper Montage
What a Cutie! <3
Food Critic

Life is full of surprises.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:26 AM »

In my opinion, the voting system is fine the way it is. They tried adding numbers in the year before last and that wasn't really successful. Rather, it gave people high hopes to find out later that it wasn't at all what they expected.

The lovely Juniper Montage says hello

Greetings guests, would you like to take an tour in my theater?
meow
meow meow I'm a cow
Forum Fanatic

nyan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »

I definitely agree that there should be a skip button. Also, the thing about changing the height of your customer without making them look like giraffes or people with no necks should happen too lol.

please vote! http://www.flipline.com/kcp17/6b8x6cvy6eo
~A Love Carousel~ currently being updated regularly lol http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=10544.0
magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry

flipline fan/fc orders:
mah newest sushi ordah
nori wrap
shiso rice
FLIP
cream cheese
cucumbers
crab sticks
ROLL
yuzu kosho
tempura crunch

mocha tea
cucumber bubbles

Tiramisu's sushi order (non holiday):
ukoniro soy paper
black rice
FLIP
shiitake mushrooms
jalapenos
lobster
ROLL
sriracha sauce
sesame seeds

mocha tea
cherry bubbles

If I could combine all holidays and make the best order:
lucky soy paper
shiso rice
beef brisket
chipotle cheddar
hashbrown patties
cucumber
ROLL
yuzu kosho
tempura crunch

luau punch tea
huckleberry bubbles

SHIPPINGS:
Ninjoy x sky ninja worker guy, Willow x Roy, Iggy x Olivia, Chuck x Taylor, Jojo x Nevada... CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF ALL MY SHIPS ANY MORE!
HyperGreen
Restaurant Master

Time to turn green 4 a while

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:29:18 AM »

A save backup button not to lose your creations while your computer has cleaned up cookies.

Long Signature:
Some people in here make me feel happy to continue and that's why I want to see them fly.

Spoiler:
26th Feb. Blue Wave
27th Feb. Blue Stardust
2nd Mar. Blue Blossom
5th Mar. Darkest Stardust
9th Mar. Blue+Green
12th Mar. Green Light
16th Mar. Thunderstorms
20th Mar. Lightning
24th Mar. Powseeker
31st Mar. Powsicle Drizzle
8th Apr. Dreamsicle
16th Apr. Orange
24th Apr. Orange Slices
9th May Orange-Yellow
19th May Yellow
25th May Golden Sun
20th Jun. Hammer
30th Jun. Alessa
14th Aug. Fizzo
30th Aug. Customerpalooza Onion
19th Sep. Green
Widow
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »

A save backup button not to lose your creations while your computer has cleaned up cookies.
But for now those who are cookie pros can save their toot from getting deleted.

Not changing signature until all Top 32 characters are introduced or one of my characters was just got in.
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.