Poll
Question: How should TWG be run?
Direct Democracy - 13 (100%)
Representative Democracy - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Author Topic: TWC Referendum  (Read 4785 times)
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »

As it is, TWG is in a bit of a weird position, in terms of how it's run. You've got TWC, 4 people who are supposedly in charge of TWG. However, in recent times, TWC's power has been gradually but greatly reduced, to the point where pretty much the only things they've done in the past 10 games have been approving Theory of Everything as the 100th TWG and kicking Lenny from their membership. Meanwhile, everything else, from games to major topics to bans, is being administered by regular members, or TWC members who are not acting on behalf of TWC. It is of my opinion that we should resolve this in-between state, and officially determine how TWG is run.

As far as I can see, there are two viable options. Either have a direct democracy, or a representative democracy.

Direct Democracy
TWC is dissolved, and every major decision is made in a public poll. Anyone can call a public poll. Major topics are owned by the person who created them, unless they choose to pass leadership to someone else. Game-specific decisions will be made by the host of that game. Current TWG rules will remain in place, though they will be able to be changed via polls.

Representative Democracy
Every 20 games, there will be a TWC election, where anyone can decide to run for election to TWC. The top 4 most voted members in the election will make up TWC for their term. TWC will be in charge of game bans and other punishments, will be the ones to vote on any issues which may arise (unless they choose to hold a referendum), and will own all major topics, unless they choose otherwise.
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »

It should be a direct democracy because I think everything is pretty efficient when majority of the fanbase decides things. Also, there isn't that whole exclusive sense you get when there is a TWC that supposedly consists of members "better" than you.

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »

Mm, direct democracy is generally a better system in small communities.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »

Representative should work if the right people are elected

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:35:27 PM »

Look at that vote gap tho

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
dar
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »

Direct Democraccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccy
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »

I switched my vote, but what do we do if someone is misusing their topic? Do we make a new one? How do we decide when it's time to make a new topic in cases like inactivity?

I guess someone should just make a topic overtake poll or whatever

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »

Yeah, polls.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 09:07:13 PM »

okay I guess I'll take that one
I think we should also make a rule that no one can own multiple topics/more than two topics, to get maximum community involvement.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

Ya I guess
would you like HQ? We need someone to replace Penguin022 on HQ

We can have people split up HQ since you would need multiple posts on the first page to store information either way.

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »

May as well split HQ into various topics. One for the rules, one for the roles, one for general stats.
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »

That would work too I guess but I have this thing where I can't stand having a ton of topics stickied, and I would assume all those separate topics would be stickied.

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »

Define "a ton of topics"
Also, we can probably unsticky the TWG awards, not like they're going to be finished any time soon.
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »

TWG Bidding Guide, BPT, Community Discussion, TWG Rules, TWG Roles, TWG Stats, and in case anyone wants to do awards again, TWG awards

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
TotesAngel
is not here.
Restaurant Legend

CharlotteDupont#0602

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 10:11:20 PM »

I really wanna be in charge of the TWG stats

I'm leaving the Forum. Don't PM me, I'm not going to get back to you. You can contact me on Discord but only use it for serious reasons.

Thank you for four years. See ya.
Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.