Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Author Topic: Coming Out  (Read 7572 times)
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »

This took a billion rewrites and I nearly didn’t post it but thank you to my friend in real life who told me to speak my mind even if I’m scared people will judge me for it.

So, as I believe most of you know, I am gay and I like guys. Now, guess what? For whatever reason tons of people think that it’s perfectly alright to insult people just for liking the same gender. As a victim of homophobia from peers, teachers and family I am sick of this and so I hope that by reading an account of what I have experienced someone on here will stand up for a minority and stop letting this ignorance run in our world.

"Lol that’s so gay"
No it isn’t. Take your stereotypes and get out. I love Disney princesses and I still would if I was straight.

"You can’t be gay and Muslim!!"
Yes I can. I worship a God who believes in love and equality, not one who supports the killing of minorities.

"F-g"
If you hear someone use the f-g word, kindly tell them to stop. This is blatant discrimination. I don’t insult you for being straight. The fact that we let people use this word is why it’s getting worse.

I could go on and on about how my peers are unintentionally insulting me simply based on my sexual orientation but the people I felt the most victimised by were my very own parents.

When I came out to my mother I was told that this cannot possibly happen (but it did?), I’ll have to pretend to like girls from now on, and that I was worth less. When my father found out I was verbally and physically abused to the brink of suicide until I sought help. All because of cultural values instilled from an early age that this is unnatural, plus multiple stereotypes ("We’re not buying you any dresses"). But even my parents have slightly softened their stance since because I have told them about how we can change together.

There’s my story. I refuse to be silenced any longer. Stop making a world where people are discriminated for reasons they cannot change. If you have children, teach them to accept homosexuality or being transgender because THAT is how we, as humans, can be united once again. This was accepted thousands of years ago—why did we stop?

*insert rainbows and stuff*
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 01:25:04 PM by Lusamine » Logged

Snom
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Franchise Owner

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »

Yas you go thapple :3
I am seriously sorry about what happened with your parents, and your friends. Sadly it’s imbedded I. People’s minds that gays are supposedly bad.
I’m very proud of you for having the confidence to say all this

Snom.
Theo
Food Critic

fivehead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »

Thought you were a?

But nevertheless I am happy that you aren't hiding from it and accepted it of yourself, because that is the only thing that matters. Don't let anyone tell you to be or pretend to be what you are not. Wink
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 05:33:57 PM »

Alright, Apple~ ❤ Don't hide it inside of you anymore. I'm deeply sorry for what is going with your parents and all. I still love you for who you are. Inside and out.  Kiss

I better scram. I'm about to cry from all of this hate you are going trough.
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »

Thought you were a?

But nevertheless I am happy that you aren't hiding from it and accepted it of yourself, because that is the only thing that matters. Don't let anyone tell you to be or pretend to be what you are not. Wink
Well eventually I realised that I was just saying I was asexual because I didn’t want to accept that I liked guys myself; I came to terms with it maybe February to April-ish.

And thank you to Robin and Cherry too :3

Snom
Fliptropica
Egg SUCCing Master
Franchise Owner

Good music ^

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »

I don't think this deserves a whole topic.

Album Profile Pics:

October 2017: Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (1991) (3rd LP)
November 2017: Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High (2007) (3rd LP)
December 2017: Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 (1972) (4th LP)
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »

Congrats on coming out :3 I'm really sorry about what happened with your parents, I'm here if you ever need to talk

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Ianiant
FC Maker
Better Than Papa!

In hibernation...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »

In a world that ridicules and, in some cases, executes gay people, it is really brave of you to come out and say that to your parents. I'm proud.

ATTENTION: Due to college finals, this account will be inactive from Friday, Dec. 6, 2019 to Thursday, December 13, 2019.

Check out my AWESOME FC's (and maybe ask them a question):
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24278.0
Shendelzare
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »

I respect gay people though.
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »

Well eventually I realised that I was just saying I was asexual because I didn’t want to accept that I liked guys myself; I came to terms with it maybe February to April-ish.

And thank you to Robin and Cherry too :3
You're welcome~ I drew a picture for you, is it alright if I post it on my Deviantart page? Cheery
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »

Prem, I am so proud of you for making this topic and finally building the courage to come out!! This topic is absolutely beautiful and well written. Congratulations, be gay and proud! ❤️❤️ We are all here for you and will support you

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Fliptropica
Egg SUCCing Master
Franchise Owner

Good music ^

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »

Kindly bleep off before I get dirty. Thanks.

Prem, I am so proud of you for making this topic and finally building the courage to come out!! This topic is absolutely beautiful and well written. Congratulations, be gay and proud! ❤️❤️ We are all here for you and will support you
Wow okay that was rude. I just thought something like this didn't have a place as a topic and would fit better as a PM to other users or a shoutbox conversation. I thought if the sole purpose of the topic was simply for the OP, there wasn't much of a reason to make it a full topic.

Album Profile Pics:

yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

I don't think this deserves a whole topic.

It's off-topic why does this matter

Wow okay that was rude. I just thought something like this didn't have a place as a topic and would fit better as a PM to other users or a shoutbox conversation. I thought if the sole purpose of the topic was simply for the OP, there wasn't much of a reason to make it a full topic.

Who cares?

The same thinng, but with you thay you are askjoe.
Fliptropica
Egg SUCCing Master
Franchise Owner

Good music ^

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »

It's off-topic why does this matter

Who cares?
It just seems like something that doesn't need a whole topic on itself, if we're just focusing on one post in the OP that doesn't offer any reasons to reply back to it. Sorry you can't see my point of view  Hmm

Album Profile Pics:

yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

It just seems like something that doesn't need a whole topic on itself, if we're just focusing on one post in the OP that doesn't offer any reasons to reply back to it. Sorry you can't see my point of view  Hmm

It's not like precious posts count so why do you care

The same thinng, but with you thay you are askjoe.
Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.