Poll
Question: Are players allowed to ban players from playing in the next game that they host?
Yes - 3 (15%)
No - 2 (10%)
In specific cases (see my post) - 15 (75%)
Other (explain) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31   
Print
Author Topic: TWG Rules [Vote + explain in poll]  (Read 36278 times)
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2017, 05:51:15 AM »

/pass
/Pass

Nothing to say here

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Customer Championship Tournament:
Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2017, 05:54:36 AM »

/pass
/reject

Self-lynching does not exist on many forums, just have an inactivity rule.

Наша
родина -
Россия!
Avatars (as of 1 January, 2018):
1 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Lovely)
8 January, 2018 - Glacia (Battle Pose)
16 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
21 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Aether Throne)
30 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
7 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Curled-Up)
19 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Regal)

25 February, 2018 - Glacia (Regal)
6 March, 2018 - Lusamine (Reminiscing)
17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
31 March, 2018 - Lavender
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

12 May, 2018 - Forest Bloom
2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna
30 June, 2018 - African Sunset

20 July, 2018 - No Avatar
11 August, 2018 - Hibiscus
20 August, 2018 - Nine Wickes
24 August - Forest Trails
5 September - No avatar
29 September, 2018 - Autumn View
13 October, 2018 - Path of Leaves
14 November, 2018 - Россия
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:30 AM »

Just because they don't have a rule doesn't mean we can't have it

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Chiral of Doom
slay queen
Better Than Papa!

my smile is beamin' my skin is gleamin'

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »

ya we should always keep our mind open and try new things and see how they work, if they are more convenient and likable for the players then we leave it like that. not everything has to be based off traditional rules  @Nick

I hate losing unless it is my virginity
Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2017, 06:09:17 AM »

Just because they don't have a rule doesn't mean we can't have it
This ^

Part of the reason that other forums don’t have the self-lynching rule is that a) they have significantly longer day/night phases and b) they end their days with a hammer, not a timed lynch, so the moment that someone gets more than 50% of the votes the day ends and the person is lynched. Having a self-vote would screw with those mechanics.

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »

But don't a lot of forums have programs which post to end the day? We can't do that unless someone knows how to o program and Matt lets us

Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2017, 02:10:36 AM »

The thing is, yeah is is incredibly frustrating when that happens, but, just..I mean, TWG is a team effort. If there are people in the team who don't try and instead be inactive, the whole team is probably gonna have to take a blow because of that some way.

I just think the current system with the self votes is fine as it is. At least from my perspective, I think it will be a lot easier for hosts to tally self votes than to check the topic every 3 days to see who post/who didn't.

However, I certainly feel that there is no harm in having your idea with the once every 3 days thing be given a test try to see how it goes, since it clearly seems better than the previous rule we had that turned out to be a complete modkill disaster. If it works fine and we like it better than the self vote system, then we should implement it.
but it is a strategy to not vote ok

A break in protocol?
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »

If you choose to lynch no one, you say so
If that affects your strategy, then it's a bad strategy and causes inactivity in games.
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:09 AM »

Not lynching doesn’t equal inactivity. Just because someone doesn’t say anything, doesn’t mean they aren’t taking part in the game, actively reading, sending pm’s etc.

A break in protocol?
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:21 AM »

Inactivity means not participating. If you are not posting or PMing, you are not participating.
(Also, sending PMs counts)
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »

but I said that if you aren’t posting doesn’t mean you aren’t sending pm’s, which counts as participating, so it’s fine.

A break in protocol?
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2017, 02:54:05 AM »

You also need to lynch though. If you aren't lynching, you're being a liability to the game. You can choose to lynch no one, but you should at least say so. I have heard complaints about your lack of activity, so yes, you should change.
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2017, 03:07:23 AM »

didn’t think everyone was actually taking this whole think so seriously, you all need to be a bit more laid back, if I don’t lynch once or twice the game isn’t going to fall in to ruin. becoming too gimmicky game wise and too serious rules wise. if I want to play that way, let me. If I’m still actively participating in the game by using Pm’s etc., i don’t see the problem. I just personally prefer to stay quiet. If you don’t like that, that’s fine, but you shouldn't make it out that I should find a different way to play. It literally doesn’t affect the entire game, and If it would, I wouldn’t do it. just my opinion.

A break in protocol?
Cosmic
How Very
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2017, 03:26:11 AM »

sorry if that comes off in the wrong way, not trying to start a massive argument or complain at anyone specifically, just wanted to give my opinion.

A break in protocol?
Chiral of Doom
slay queen
Better Than Papa!

my smile is beamin' my skin is gleamin'

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 19, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »

woah..

Well, you can choose to not lynch if you say so I reckon, but it’s a really easy way to have people suspicious of you IMO, and they can easily call you out and get you almost lynched where you would have to reveal your role which is bad if you are a power town role.

also, i hope when you say that you are actively PMing in game, you mean that you engage with other alliance members as any role besides independent ones and that you aren’t just PMing the host. because last game was honestly a train wreck and no one PMed me anything besides a Fool despite the fact that an alliance could have easily been made with me

I hate losing unless it is my virginity
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.