Poll
Question: Who should own and maintain the MVP post?
Moana
Faithesque

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46   
Print
Author Topic: TWG Headquarters  (Read 42851 times)
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2018, 03:47:52 PM »

XI*
IX's problem was that Lenny got MVP, not that it died
Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2018, 03:49:43 PM »

XI*
damn smooooth Cool

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
TotesAngel
is not here.
Restaurant Legend

CharlotteDupont#0602

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »

XI*
ooh Laugh

I'm leaving the Forum. Don't PM me, I'm not going to get back to you. You can contact me on Discord but only use it for serious reasons.

Thank you for four years. See ya.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 28, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »

We should specify the difference between Abilities and Attributes. Basically, Abilities are active, and Attributes are passive.
Examples of Abilities:
The Seer choosing who to check each night. The Guardian choosing who to protect each night. The Brutal Wolf choosing who to kill after dying. The Necromancer choosing who to revive.
 Basically, if there's a decision to be made, it's probably an ability.
Examples of Attributes:
Colour/alignment/morality or whatever gimmicks are in the game. The Insomniac learning who visits them. The Wolfsbane surviving their attacker. The Coroner learning the colours of dead people.

Does this seem accurate? Am I overcomplicating things?

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »

The wolfsbane has the ability to survive their attacker. The insomniac has the ability to see who visits them. These are both attributes and abilities, with abilities being a subset of attributes. In TWG, the only things which can be classed as attributes and not abilities are colour and name of role, unless there's something else I forgot.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

I think of Attributes as like Abilities in Pokemon (the fact that they are called Abilities does not help my case but whatever), and Abilities like Pokemon Moves. To me these are very different things which should be treated differently.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2018, 08:54:05 PM »

Imo, it makes more sense to adhere to the dictionary definitions of attribute and ability. Therefore, attributes refer to colour/name of role, abilities refer to other aspects of the role. Abilities can then be split into passive and active, as you suggested via PM, if you feel that distinction needs to be made.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »

Maybe have Attributes (colour, allignment), Abilities (Coroner, Wolfsbane), and Actions (Seer, Guardian)?

Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »

I reckon abilities as in aspects of a role which are not colour/name/team should be all classed as one group since it is common for them to be treated as such. then we split them into Active Abilities and Passive Abilities, making sure to include the word abilities in both of them to signal that they are related.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »

But my whole point is that they shouldn't be seen as being related
Just because a mistake is common doesn't mean we should encourage it

Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2018, 09:04:36 PM »

Why shouldn't they be seen as related? They are.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »

If I am a Seer, I am choosing to use my Action on another user. I do have to send the host a PM confirming my choice.
If I am an Insomniac, I am not choosing to learn information about my visitors. I am not sending in a PM.

Chiral of Doom
Better Than Papa!

it's not the 4th anymore but IDK what to change it

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:18 PM »

I think of Attributes as like Abilities in Pokemon (the fact that they are called Abilities does not help my case but whatever), and Abilities like Pokemon Moves. To me these are very different things which should be treated differently.
Well you aren't the entire TWG fanbase

#MAGA
#TeamNike
#DTrumpIsMyDaddy
#OneNationUnderGod
Kowhai
gay
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »

If I am a Seer, I am choosing to use my Action on another user. I do have to send the host a PM confirming my choice.
If I am an Insomniac, I am not choosing to learn information about my visitors. I am not sending in a PM.
Both of those are still abilities though, they are related.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »

You agree that Passive and Active should be split up, I'm just suggesting calling them Abilities and Actions because alliteration is nice and it makes role descriptions less awkward. "Bomb - Blows up when someone uses an Action on them..." vs "Bomb - Blows up when someone uses an Active Ability on them", for example.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.