Poll
Question: the winner of the next KCP 2018 will appear in ...
Papa Louie 4
New Restaurant
App Restaurant (HD or To Go)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for KCP 2018  (Read 8881 times)
Pizzaccino
FC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »

I'm actually thinking of e-mailing Flipline Studios regarding that topic, but I'm afraid I'm going to end up writing some 1000 word essay and they're probably not even going to read it.
Yeah, that could happen unfortunately. But, I don’t know them, so I can’t be sure if they’ll read it or not. I guess you can just hope they do read it?

In all honesty, I think it's easier to create good looking girls than boys. Basically, most male entries wear ''mainstream'' cool items such as beanies, sunglasses and headphones, while females can wear dresses, skirts, and it's more socially acceptable for girls to wear masculine clothing than vice versa (I'm just going to go with the flow on this one, though.) What we really need is a really well-made and original male customer to win the competition. I actually don't mind the number of female winners, since they all are very well-designed and likeable (so far). Steven was, in my opinion, one of the best male characters in any top 32, and he deserved to win (Colette was pretty awesome as well.)

I agree that females are more easier to create than males. I personally have more females than males for this reason. It’s difficult to create a decent male to me. I personally don’t mind that much that we have less male winners (although it would be nice to see one once in a while at least), because Flipline already has more male customers anyways. (Cooper, Alberto, Taylor, and a few more are my favorite male customers). To me, I vote who looks great to be in the game. I don’t go for: “I want this FC because of race or gender”. Although we also not have a lot of (for example) black customers, I personally think the votes should be based on design, not a specific race.

Also, I do think that Steven is decent. I just wished his neck wasn’t so long, but I do understand that the creator wanted him to be tall and before PLP, FCs can only be tall by having a long neck.

Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »

If you make a topic in Suggestions it might be seen

Also, I think Steven was great but I think a lot of his supporters were just people that wanted a male winner

Brother E: Don't you guys know sarcasm when you hear it?
Pizzaccino
FC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »

If you make a topic in Suggestions it might be seen

Also, I think Steven was great but I think a lot of his supporters were just people that wanted a male winner
I supported him because I disliked Nina and I preferred him over Angela tbh. Nina looked too unnatural and Angela just had things I wished were changed, like the colors of the shoes and the suspenders. Besides the outrageous neck length, Steven looks decent.

Edit: Oh, and her eye shadow. I think she’d look better without it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:45:33 PM by DeluxePizza » Logged

Obed ART
Sundae Master

Obed is a very uncommon name.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 08:03:13 PM »

Well, I think it's also suggested that a system with the names of the characters be applied,
because I've seen many that put it with numbers or "aknfakfcadk" (and seen several with that name)
to decrease trolls
Obed ART
Sundae Master

Obed is a very uncommon name.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2018, 08:23:36 PM »

Well at this time there will be suggestions on how it could or "should" be
the next KCP 2018
and this to comment to flipline (Tony or Matt). (I will send you a message by deviantart or outlook)
Although it is only expected that this is superior to the previous KCP 2017.
And if not, we can only wait and see the new mechanics that flipline will bring us for the next KCP 2018
(I hope I've structured my opinion well - "I'm nervous" -)
Q-Cumber
PP&P
Papa's Replacement

Where can I find one of those cuties?!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2018, 02:27:36 AM »

On 2013, since it was the first year of KCP no one knew what kind of fcs someone has to have so as to be on Top 32. As a result, we saw a variety of different characters which was something good. But with the limited clothing items, we could not have a lot of combinations. Hope and Dice made it to the finals. Hope was liked from the beginning, and Dice as well. Finally, Hope won because she was unique whereas Dice was not so much.

On 2014, with the additions to hair color and clothes, someone had a lot of combinations to use so as to make one and only fc. For the last year, color variety ruled. Pink hair female characters, cool boys etc. Yui and Randy made it to the finals. Once again, a girl won because she had what it was needed for a KCP character to be special, uniqueness. Although Randy hadn't any special uniqueness in his outfit, he had coolness which made him likeable. AFAIK, he lost with some votes difference.

On 2015, since it was the third year of KCP, people had kinda realized how their characters have to look like so as to be KCP-worthy. So, people started making characters which were different but followed almost the same clothing pattern, and soon specialty died. Also, the new fashion waves which were widespread that year, affected a lot the way an fc looked like. Except for some fcs which were basic, all the others had something common. Steven and Angela made it to the finals. They were both worth to be voted but Steven's casualty helped him win. Angela was kinda tomboy and that's why she didn't gather many votes.

On 2016, on Top 32, all the fcs, either boys or girls, were either cool and fashionable or elegant and chic. That had as a result two girls, a cool one and a well-dressed one, I am talking about Emmeline and Elle to reach to the finals. Emmeline was an fc which used black and red in her outfit, two quite powerful colors which made her outfit to be taken off. What was missing for her to be the appropriate one to win was uniqueness. Elle was simple and rather beautiful in her school uniform and she was the piece of character which was missing from Flipline customer collection. That's why she distracted the most votes.

On 2017, it was almost known that the winner was going to be a girl. Finally, the perfect fc was completed and ready to be examined. It had to be female, with either light or chocolate skin, brown long hair, Elle's bang, eyes with long distance from each other, big head, big smile if necessary, dark clothes with lighter combinations, a small jacket and skirt. That was found only in 2 females, Brandice and Amy. Amy managed to reach on Finals Match against Sabrina, one non well made character with black/red color pattern. Regarding males, everyone had chances about Trent who lost on Division Finals against Amy. That had as a result, Semi Finals to include only female fcs.

Name Last Changed: April 1, 2019, does that mean I am a joke?
Wanna know what the 3 Ps mean? Pal Profesional and Perfectionist most of all
Mystic
~Fierce Spirit!~
Food Critic

❤❤❤❤❤❤

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 06:09:28 AM »

Having the entries write a short biography about their FCs. Three to five sentences would be the maximum and it would be interesting to see what people would come up with.  I know it may sound like overkill but it's worth giving this a try.

~Drink Water & Grow Lovely!~
Q-Cumber
PP&P
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »

Having the entries write a short biography about their FCs. Three to five sentences would be the maximum and it would be interesting to see what people would come up with.  I know it may sound like overkill but it's worth giving this a try.
Or something like an Id. You know, age, date of birth, profession, favorite color, food, animal, Flipline character, zodiac, what likes/hates the most.

Mystic
~Fierce Spirit!~
Food Critic

❤❤❤❤❤❤

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 06:56:18 AM »

Or... all of that can be incorporated together. The photo of the FCs can be in ID format and then all of  the minor details can be place first. And lastly, you can add in the short biography.

~Drink Water & Grow Lovely!~
DominoDeville
Do Y'all Hear Sumn?
Restaurant Star

Donuteria To Go! King!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »

1. Separate guys and girls like in 2013.

2. Have some type of filter to get rid of troll entries.

3. Don’t be worst than in 2016 & 2017.

4. Let us submit entries from Papa Louie Pals.

#FliplineFacebookersNeedJesus

#RIPHDGames 2012-2019
Pizzaccino
FC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:20 AM »

1. Separate guys and girls like in 2013.

2. Have some type of filter to get rid of troll entries.

3. Don’t be worst than in 2016 & 2017.

^^^^^ I agree with this.

MFSE
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »

I don't really know if I agree with this one, since there probably are many people that don't have the app. It could also make voting rather difficult as well.
Q-Cumber
PP&P
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »

I don't really know if I agree with this one, since there probably are many people that don't have the app. It could also make voting rather difficult as well.
You can't easily adjust the perfect size to your entries when transferring them from mobile devices to the pc. If you can do this (I mean submitting via PLP app), then you could submit your entries without having to redesign them.

Pizzaccino
FC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »

You can't easily adjust the perfect size to your entries when transferring them from mobile devices to the pc. If you can do this (I mean submitting via PLP app), then you could submit your entries without having to redesign them.
Yeah. Honestly, if we couldn’t use PLPs to submit FCs, it wouldn’t be because some don’t have the app. It would probably be something like, “It would take time to code in a ‘KCP Submission’ into PLPs.” Maybe if they do end up putting KCP in mobile for users without PC, or with a slow PC to the point where they prefer mobile at this point (me), it would most likely be a different app.

Maybe it could be like TellTale games where the app can locate files from another app, like how a game can find save files from a previous season, something like that. But even then, they might not even make one for KCP.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.