Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   
Print
Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest  (Read 3771 times)
The Grookey Fanatic
Grookey Lover
Franchise Owner

Grookey is awesome!

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2018, 12:31:53 AM »

Running since 1956, Eurovision is one of the biggest shows in history.
If you watch the contest, who is your favorite winner and runner up?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:48:21 PM by BFDIFan65 » Logged

Greg Cooper and his brother ate white chocolate together.
Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 07:05:22 AM »

I think I might pick Mans Zelmerlow as my fave winner.

However this year my favourite is Australia.

I don't care what anyone thinks cause I'm pretty cool!!!
Vote for my Fan Characters: http://www.flipline.com/kcp19/dofxdowzdpa
Wrestler of the Week: None!!
KitKatExtreme [Aug 16 12:31 AM]:   bleep me with a chainsaw
Atomic
Blondie Bop
Franchise Owner

Why did this song get banned for a stupid reason ?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 03:59:23 PM »

Can't beat a bit of Emmelie De Forest-Only Teardrops.

ABBA with Waterloo are a close second.

I'm not happy that you didn't say favourite runner-up, Verka Serduchka in 2007.....

Personally rooting for Finland!

Fluffy Wolf is an adorable and fluffy wig
Hi, I'm Sky, otherwise known as what you see up outside! I'm also currently your local Forum News Reporter so watch out every day
My own Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/KQFBT6b
Spectate Skylark Survivor Season 8: Nicaragua - Eyes on the Prize here!: https://discord.gg/45CJWKk
Flipline Game Challenge:
Okay, so after SpongeBob29 decided to embark on a journey to get all golds, I decided to join up and defeat him once and for all by doing it first.

Jacksmith: Level 40, Bronze Weapons: 9/18, Silver Weapons: 5/18, Gold Weapons: 0/18, Bestiary: 78% Complete, Epic Designs: 43/84, Epic Designs Done: 35/84, Badges: 74/80
Steak and Jake: Trailhead 14
Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack!: 100% Complete, Red Coins: 36/36
Papa Louie 2: When Burgers Attack!: 100% Complete, Badges: 48/48
TWG Stats:
TWG XCIV: Morality: Won, Role: Brutal Wolf
TWG XCV: Revolution: Game Died, Role: Undecided
TWG XCVI: Flipline: Won (Last Player Alive), Role: Psychotic Wolf, MVP.
TWG XCVII: Lunatic Asylum: Game Ended Early, Role: Rascal Wolf

TWG XCVIII: Locked and Loaded: Lost, Role: Insomniac
TWG XCIX: Faraway City: Won, Role: Psychic
TWG C: Theory of Everything: Lost, Role: Human
TWG CIII: A Normal Day Outside: Won, Role: Coroner, Town MVP
TWG CIV: Lost Connection: Won, Role: Seer

TWG CV: A Sea-Sun of Visitations: Lost, Role: Human
TWG CVI: Dostoevetsky's Exile: Lost, Role: Anastasia (Arsonist)
TWG CVII: Age of Mythology: Lost, Role: Egyptian Human
TWG CVIII: Return to the Courtroom: Won, Role: Chief Justice
TWG CX: Kainu Mosir: Lost, Role: Kainu Wolf
TWG CXII: The Penitentiary: Lost, Role: Prisoner
TWG CXIV: The Lost Files: Lost, Role: Oracle
TWG CXV: Mirai: Lost, Role: Necromancer
TWG CXVI: Stan Loona Stream Butterfly: Lost, Role: Eidetic Wolf
Cursed Survivor Results:
Mato Grosso: 14/16 (Cáceres)
South Tyrol: 12/16 (Misurina)
Easter Island: 1/12 (Colours & Tribes Soon)
The Grookey Fanatic
Grookey Lover
Franchise Owner

Grookey is awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:52:09 PM »

Last year my favorite was Hey Mamma.

Atomic
Blondie Bop
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:40:39 AM »

Last year my favorite was Hey Mamma.
That is a great song (I even went to the extent of having it on my phone)

Beautiful Mess, however, was my favourite and also was my winner pick. Shame it didn't win but the winner of that contest was good.

Hi, I'm Sky, otherwise known as what you see up outside! I'm also currently your local Forum News Reporter so watch out every day
My own Discord Server:
Spectate Skylark Survivor Season 8: Nicaragua - Eyes on the Prize here!: https://discord.gg/45CJWKk
Flipline Game Challenge:
Okay, so after SpongeBob29 decided to embark on a journey to get all golds, I decided to join up and defeat him once and for all by doing it first.

Jacksmith: Level 40, Bronze Weapons: 9/18, Silver Weapons: 5/18, Gold Weapons: 0/18, Bestiary: 78% Complete, Epic Designs: 43/84, Epic Designs Done: 35/84, Badges: 74/80
TWG Stats:

Cursed Survivor Results:
Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45:37 AM »

Last year my favourite was actually Belgium
2016 favorite was definitely Australia

The Grookey Fanatic
Grookey Lover
Franchise Owner

Grookey is awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »

Tomorrow the contest will start!
Running order of SF1.
1. Azerbaijan (X My Heart)
2. Iceland (Our Choice)
3. Albania (Mall)
4. Belgium (A Matter of Time)
5. Czech Republic (Lie To Me)
6. Lithuania (When We're Old)
7. Israel (Toy)
8. Belarus (Forever)
9. Estonia (La Forza)
10. Bulgaria (Bones)
11. Macedonia (Lost and Found)
12. Croatia (Crazy)
13. Austria (Nobody But You)
14. Greece (Oniro Mou)
15. Finland (Monsters)
16. Armenia (Qami)
17. Switzerland (Stones)
18. Ireland (Forever)
19. Cyprus (Fuego)

Ellie
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 03:28:58 AM »

Hello! I was almost inactive for some time. Now I'm back.
My favorite last year was song from Denmark. My all-time favorite is Estonia 2015:) And I haven't listen 2018 songs yet. Today I will hear them for the first time. Cheesy
Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 11:07:58 AM »

My all time favourite is probably Australia 2016 and second favourite is Latvia 2015

Atomic
Blondie Bop
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »

SEMI-FINAL 1 ANALYSIS:

01: Azerbaijan - Okay, they have a small chance, yet I think their song is too typical, probably is gonna be a fringe song, I wouldn't expect the song to qualify.

02: Iceland - Not a fan tbh, I see some potential in this song qualifying if they get the right type of audience. I see little chance of them qualifying now, though I thought they'd qualify based on the video

03: Albania - I'm kinda underwhelmed. The use of a foreign language is probably what is the best thing of this song, apart from the vocals. I see this qualifying to the final in 8th-10th. Best song so far, with 3 acts in.

04: Belgium - Hmmm, where do I start, not a good impression. I like the song and staging and camera angles, but once again, I am underwhelmed. I don't see this qualifying at all, I'm afraid.

05: Czech Republic - Reminds me of a Jason Derulo song, probably the best song I have heard so far. The smoke and lighting effects are top notch. The song is good with the vocals, I see them easily in the final.

06: Lithuania - Sounds good, is a ballad, I should probably see it in the fringes though. Currently my favourite song in this contest. I see them probably being 8th in this Semi-Final.

07: Israel - The staging is cool, the cats are fun. As for the vocals, they sound okay, not too special tho. The song is catchy. This is a miss for it's potential I'm afraid. The video is 100% better. I see it finishing 12th this semi-final.

08: Belarus - Great song, good vocals, and a good use of 2 people. Definitely one to watch, I see it 100% qualifying. Probably is gonna finish 4th this Semi-Final.

09: Estonia - Strong vocals, yet the beginning lulled me to sleep a little bit. The staging looks amazing for an opera style song. I see this one as one of the songs to watch, I probably see it finishing 5th this Semi-Final, and the long held note was amazing.

10: Bulgaria - I see them doing well, the staging looked cool, I loved the vocals, and I see them doing well. I see them finishing 7th this semi-final.

11: FYR Macedonia: Song's catchy, vocals are okay, just I feel that isn't enough for this song to qualify. I can at least credit the fact the staging looks very cool. Barbara Dex award?

12: Croatia - Strong vocals, yet I'm not a fan of this song. I see it being a fringe song, between 8th-12th place. At least I can say, the camera angles made up for what i don't like in this song.

13: Austria - He is good. I loved the vocals, I loved the staging. Austria has been recently good in years, barring the Vienna flop with the Makemakes (burning piano). I see them doing well, probably finishing 3rd in this semi-final.

14: Greece - Foreign language song, yet I love the vocals, and I loved the sudden fade of light. The staging and camera angles too. I see them finishing 9th this semi-final, definitely a fringe song. Also, I think the smoke kinda ruined the visual performance a little bit.

15: Finland - Here's my winner pick, and it is underwhelming. The video is 100% better than the song itself. Not to mentioned, the staging is so cool. Shame the voice kinda was ruined, probably by nerves?   -- I'll at least console a little with saying I did like the vocals

16: Armenia - The song sounds good, yet it isn't anything special. The staging is great with the pillar type circle. Lighting worked out well too. I see them being a fringe song too.

17: Switzerland - Great song, great vocals, the lighting is fitting, and also the audience interaction. The dress put me off al little bit though. I'd say this is one to watch if it qualifies.

18: Ireland - underwhelmed, vocals were off, 100% not gonna qualify I'm afraid. Speechless.

19: Cyprus - Great song, 100% qualifying. I see it getting into the final easily in 3rd place. Vocals are good, song is catchy, the stage orientation is beautiful and also, the light effects are good.

Ranking:
-Lithuania
-Switzerland
-Cyprus
-Estonia
-Czech Republic
-Finland
-Bulgaria
-Austria
-Belarus
-Greece
-Albania
-FYR Macedonia
-Israel
-Armenia
-Croatia
-Azerbaijan
-Ireland
-Belgium
-Iceland

10 THAT QUALIFY PREDICTIONS:
In final according to me:
-Lithuania
-Switzerland
-Cyprus
-Estonia
-Czech Republic
-Finland
-Bulgaria
-Austria
-Albania
-Israel

The 10 That Actually Qualified:
-Austria
-Estonia
-Cyprus
-Lithuania
-Israel
-Bulgaria
-Albania
-Czech Republic
-Finland
-Ireland

Prediction Results:
9/10, not bad. Especially since I had 9/9 before the final country was announced. Switzerland should have been in the final instead of Ireland. I was so close to 10/10. :cries:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:09:47 PM by CursedSkylark » Logged

My own Discord Server:
Flipline Game Challenge:

TWG Stats:

Cursed Survivor Results:
Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 09:03:43 PM »

I'm really happy that my country (Lithuania) qualified

Ellie
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »

In my opinion 1st Semi-final was very weak. I can't remember any of these songs Sad. I really hope the 2nd one will be much more interesting.
The Grookey Fanatic
Grookey Lover
Franchise Owner

Grookey is awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:26 AM »

In my opinion 1st Semi-final was very weak. I can't remember any of these songs Sad. I really hope the 2nd one will be much more interesting.
Same.

Atomic
Blondie Bop
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 12:12:17 PM »

SEMI-FINAL 2 ANALYSIS:
01: Norway - I like the song, it is catchy, the camera graphics are cool, I love the staging and the vocals were good, but not as good as Fairytale in 2009. I see them qualifying definitely.

02: Romania - Love the staging, and the mannequins. The song though, I'm not a fan of it, yet I think it can qualify as a fringe song. The vocals did put me off a little bit.

03: Serbia - The music is cool, the vocals, not that much. I love the clothing design, and the staging is okay, maybe even good. This song has a high potential of doing well imo, but will the potential convert into votes?

04: San Marino - THOSE ROBOTS ARE COOL! Reminds me of Mans Zelmerlow's heroes in a way. The rap part is cool, yer I feel it kinda ruined part of the song. Staging is good but clothing put me off. As for vocals, they didn't impress me much. They are just wanting a Eurovision Final, but is not relying on Valentina Monetta a risk gone well?

05: Denmark - Catchy and strong song. I see this doing very well. Staging looks good, alongside the clothing. The vocals, I'd say are also strong. They must qualify this year, and they would be a Top 10 final candidate for me. I also love the flagbearer in the stage - I guess they went for a viking theme?

06: Russia - Weak song, yet Russia will get qualification by politics. Also, the staging was good, What is going to happen to them? I don't know. I don't like this song at all I'm afraid. The vocals were off.

07: Moldova - This is so catchy, and the vocals are good. The staging was good and I like the fact it is Mondrian themed (fun fact :wink: ). 100% this is gonna qualify. Probably better than Sunstroke Project, which I never thought I'd say after the Epic Sax Guy thing started existing. Also, I'd say this is the best song so far here.

08: The Netherlands - They aren't really good tbh. The vocals deserve some credit, yet the music doesn't work. The dancers ruin the song too. I wouldn't be surprised if they start packing immediately after the song ends. The staging at least is okay, but nothing special.

09: Australia - I don't like the vocals, but they are okay. Staging and clothing may have been basic but that could have saved the whole thing. Definitely a fringe song, and I would say this could be a dark horse.

10: Georgia - It sounds okay, yet the lighting is not the best. I like the foreign language singing, but I feel like they aren't going to do well. I'd say they are 50% of what was the Il Volo performance in 2015. The song is good, yet I am not going to be impressed. 100% not qualifying.

11: Poland - HOME COUNTRY, yet I love this banging tune. The staging is good, the movement amazes me, the vocals where okay though. Definitely one to watch in the final if it qualifies.

12: Malta - Great song, beautiful staging, yet I hated the lyrics. I see this qualifying, yet what I see a flaw in is the background music, it just puts me off way too much.

13: Hungary - Probably the best we'll find here. Vocals, staging and clothing was great. yet I missed half the song, expect this one to be more deeper analysed in the final, but this will qualify.

14: Latvia - Way too off for me, yet I like the song. I see the staging being okay, not too good for me. This is technically the Ireland of this Semi. I didn't like this AT ALL

15: Sweden - Lovely vocals yet not the best, loved the dance. I know Sweden are overrated in Eurovision though so they'd likely qualify. The song was damn catchy though

16: Montenegro - Vocals are good, but I ain't a fan of it. I love the foreign language in this. I don't think they will qualify here at all I'm afraid. They don't have much potential.

17: Slovenia - Great song. Catchy. Upbeat. Staging was very beautiful. And that deception of the music problem, was very funny and comedic. This is probably finishing 3rd in this Semi

18: Ukraine - Beautiful song. Love the piano, YET FLAMING PIANOS DO NOT WORK!!!!! AUSTRIA PROVED THAT IN VIENNA. This song is catchy, and the staging was cool. They should qualify tho.

RANKING:
-Hungary
-Moldova
-Denmark
-Poland
-Slovenia
-Norway
-Ukraine
-Malta
-Sweden
-Serbia
-San Marino
-Australia
-The Netherlands
-Romania
-Montenegro
-Georgia
-Russia
-Latvia

10 Songs I Predict to Qualify:
-Hungary
-Moldova
-Denmark
-Poland
-Slovenia
-Norway
-Ukraine
-Sweden
-San Marino
-Australia

10 Songs that did Qualify:
-Serbia
-Denmark
-Australia
-Ukraine
-Norway
-Moldova
-Hungary
-Sweden
-Slovenia
-The Netherlands

Prediction Results:
8/10, Serbia was expected. Yet THE NETHERLANDS?! That was a shock but, at least it is one of the good shocks here. I don't know why I predicted San Marino at all Laugh. Poland was robbed though, we can actually admit that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 12:26:07 PM by CursedSkylark » Logged

My own Discord Server:
Flipline Game Challenge:

TWG Stats:

Cursed Survivor Results:
Ellie
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »

My Predicts to Qualify:
Norway
Romania
Serbia
Denmark
Moldova
Netherlands
Malta
Hungary
Sweden
Ukraine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.