Poll
Question: The best?
Calling Bird. (Eagle Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Wandering Feet. (Peacock Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Skunk Pelt. (Vulture Tribe) - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   
Print
Author Topic: Where Were You...? Where Are You...? [T] ©  (Read 13300 times)
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2018, 03:56:56 AM »

Chapter 81...

Sky trembled and squeezed his wrists as he knelt in front of the Tribe Leaders and their Wise Men. Wandering Feet looked at Calling Bird. Black Eyes? Black Eyes was smiling at terrified Sky. Every member from the Peacock and Eagle Tribe were there. Sky held back his tears.

"Why were you there with your parent's dead bodies?"

"I wanted to see them."

"Don't you have any respect for a resting body?"

"He doesn't. What can you expect from a demon?"

"Loyal, get me out of here..."

"I needed to see them for one last time."

"Why?"

"They are my parents..."

"Do you know how wrong it is to touch a deceased body?"

"No. The others get to do it, why can't I?"

Wandering Feet slapped Sky hard across the face. There was a flurry of whispers.

"Loyal?"

"For you, it is very wrong."

"Why? I want to know."

"A spirit is arising from the body, they must not be disturbed by some child of the devil! Is that why you were in there? To steal your parents' spirits?"

"I- I wasn't-"

"Shut up."

"I'm sorry, but I wasn't stealing-"

"How dare you talk when we said no."

Calling Bird said nothing. Wandering Feet and Black Eyes were the only ones questioning Sky. Sky looked at Calling Bird for help.

Calling Bird looked away.

Sky did nothing but hug himself wishing his mother was here to hold him. Everyone in the tribe stared at the Sky.

"Loyal, help!"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I'm just..."

Crying now, Sky covered his face with his hands.

"I want to go home!"

"What home? You have no one."

"I want to go home!!"

"What were you whispering?"

"I was just talking to myself..."

"To yourself, or your father, the devil?"

"No! I wasn't talking to him!"

"Look at him. Look at the child of the devil on the floor."

Everyone in the tribe began to laugh at the Sky crying on the floor. Mud was thrown at him along with rocks, and the fecal matter of the animals.

Sky curled up into a ball still crying.

"Mama!"

The jeering went on.

"Papa!"

While Wandering Feet and Black Eyes ridiculed Sky along with the other members, Calling Bird did nothing but stare at the Sky. A few children ran up to kick Sky on the floor.

"I need you."

At last, Wandering Feet told the people to stop.

"Loyal!!"

"First it was the lie that crazy man told you, and now this?"

Sky's head snapped up. Who told them about BlackWater? Sky looked at Calling Bird; Wandering Feet jerked Sky's face towards him. Their eyes glaring at each other.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Nothing. Whatever I say, you won't believe."

"Right, get him."

Wandering Feet and Black Eyes shot up, grabbed Sky, and dragged him out of the hut. The sky was raining now and showering on Sky and the people.

"Stop!"

No one listened to Sky who was screaming at the Wandering Feet to let him go. Soon, Sky was inside of a hut with Wandering Feet and Black Eyes. Sky saw a fire and sharp objects in front of him.

"What- what are you-"

Before Sky could finish his sentence, he was shoved hard onto the floor. Looking up, Sky saw the masked monster.

"This is for the people, so they don't let their children near the son of a demon."

"No! No, don't do this!!"

"Loyal, stop them!!!"

The man in the large mask took one of the objects on the floor, Sky screamed again for his parents.

"No! Mama!! Papa!! Someone help me, please!!"

Wandering Feet held Sky down for the Burning Tracks to mark him.

The sharp burning tool pierced into Sky's naked back. Everyone stood outside listening to the boys screaming in agony. The sky continued to rain.

Crying.

Calling Bird hid his face in his hands, listening to Sky screaming and crying as Buring Tracks tattooed the mark of Amagna Okubi on his back.

"Loyal!! Stop them, it hurts!!!"

Burning Tracks finished, Wandering Feet and Black Eyes yanked screaming Sky up to his feet. Blood and ink oozed down Sky's cut back, stinging the open wounds. Sky was screaming, crying, and hitting at Wandering Feet and Black Eyes.

Wandering Feet punched Sky's face. Sky limped over, still crying as he was dragged out of the hut and thrown outside in the rain.

Two Hours Later...

Everyone was inside their huts sleeping or just spending time with their family sheltered from the rain.

Sky was lying on his stomach outside weeping from the pain of the tattoo but mostly because he was alone now.

The tears of the sky kept falling.

Somewhere, a boy stood outside. He didn't know why he was running and why he stopped. Something told him to get there, but now he couldn't remember what for. The boy stood there in the rain.

Sky laid outside, too tired to move and his back hurt too much to walk. Sky covered his face in his arms and cried himself to sleep.

"Oh, Loyal. Where were you...? Where are you...?"
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2018, 05:52:59 PM »

Chapter 82...

Walking slowly, Calling Bird went inside the hut where White Feather had died.

Once arriving, Calling Bird found Burning Tracks outside of the hut holding Sun Dancer on his lap. Calling Bird was about to talk, but Burning Tracks ran off with Sun Dancer.

Calling Bird sighed and went inside the hut. White Feather had a blanket over his face. Calling Bird swallowed the lump in his throat and knelt down. White Feather never stirred.

Pulling the blanket back, Calling Bird gazed at the sickly face of his son. White Feather's eyes were closed, and the last of his breath escaped from his lungs when Calling Bird pressed his hand down on his chest. Calling Bird sat staring at his son.

"Please, White Feather. You know you are my sun and life-"

"Am I, Father? Am I everything you said? Is everything changing now because I won't kill my own son?"

"White Feather, please."

"Was everything you said to me a lie?"

Crying now, Calling Bird hid his face in White Feather's chest.

"How can I have been so stupid? Oh, White Feather, White Feather! I'm sorry! I should have never listened to him! I'm sorry! You are my everything! Can you hear me? Please forgive me!! White Feather?! WHITE FEATHER!!!" Calling Bird yelled, his voice muffled in the blanket. White Feather laid still.

Calling Bird wept bitterly.

Seated alone in the clearing of the forest, Burning Tracks rubbed Sun Dancer's dark hair back- his tears hitting her dotted face.

A few moments ago, Wandering Feet was in the hut with him. A foul smell penetrated the air which was strange since White Feather and Sun Dancer had not been eating or drinking for days. The smell came from Sun Dancer.

Burning Tracks looked at Wandering Feet who had a faraway look. He knew that smell.

His first wife smelled like this after she miscarried.

Burning Tracks lifted the blanket, rubbed Sun Dancer between her legs, and glanced at his hand. His hand was covered with tarry goo. Wandering Feet stared at the fleshy mess. How long have they been in there, dead inside of Sun Dancer?

"Burning Tracks-"

"Wandering Feet, please go,"
Burning Tracks said, his voice heavy with emotion. Wandering Feet merely nodded and left.

Pulling his mask off, Burning Tracks gazed at his daughter.

"Sun Dancer-"

"Papa, are you going with this? Do you still love me...?"

Burning Tracks held both of his hands to his ears and screamed. His sorrowful screams woke up a few birds who began to cry with him.

Burning Tracks screamed until his screams turned into loud sobbing.

"I do love you, Sun Dancer! Sun Dancer, I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

"Oh, Loyal... help them, please..."
AyKooChao
Cornflake
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »

Nooo, the cornflakelings... and Sky's parents... Cry

Randomness:
The Pencil-Staff is a powerful thing, AyChao. If you wanted to, you could rewrite history-
Look at me, I have wings!

-W117

[May 18 04:31 PM]:   AyKooChao wonders why no one is shipping the user above them
[May 18 04:33 PM]:   Monika is going to ship AyKooChao in the forum game called "Ship user above you"
[May 18 04:35 PM]:   AyKooChao scrolls down very slowly...
*sees that she's been shipped with a certain Yu-Gi-Oh character...*
AyKooChao [May 18 04:36 PM]:   Again? *insert untypeable Cheesy +  Embarrassed + Cheery + Nervous + "put that notebook down, Carrie" face here*
[May 18 04:37 PM]:   Monika bursts out of laughter
Monika [May 18 04:37 PM]:   Laugh
[May 18 04:48 PM]:   AyKooChao sits in the corner of the Shoutbox and plots her revenge...
AyKooChao [May 18 04:48 PM]:   Meh, I'll just type what I always do.

Joey x AyChao shipping incidents: 21 (counting the Shoutbox and the deleted posts) Yes, I'm keeping track.

Mystic [Dec 07 01:32 PM]:   The earth is a box of cereal.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »

Nooo, the cornflakelings... and Sky's parents... Cry
Yeah...  And what really stinks is that Sky never knew about the cornflakelings and no one is going to tell him. Cry
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2018, 03:19:26 AM »

Chapter 83...

Still, on his stomach with wide open eyes, Sky stared at the dark bushes that moved from the cool breeze. The skies tears were now a drizzle and Sky stared. The iniquitous night was heavy with unknown spirits who were not Sky's ancestors. Sky's eyes widened when he felt someone or something touch his wounded back. Its cold fingers walked up against Sky's spine.

Sky kept his eyes on the bush. Ever so gently, the fingers brushed Sky's face.

"Loyal...?"

Sky closed his eyes and shivered as the fingers brushed his hair off his back. Arms wrapped around Sky's thin body and lifted him up from the mud. Sky reached for the tree to anchor him back down, but arms pulled him up higher.

Past the trees and into the air. The world was gone. Sky was between heaven and hell. It was dark and unusually still. And yet, Sky felt at peace. The arms never dropped him, and they avoided touching his back. Sky closed his eyes, feeling the tranquillity of emptiness wrap around him. Was this death? Floating around in the abyss, Sky opened his eyes.

Lime-green eyes looked at him. Its navy pupils widened seeing Sky. Sky stared at the eyes.

"Hello?"

The eyes blinked and left only to appear on Sky's side. The arms cradled Sky like a baby. Sky nuzzled the arms and hugged them.

The arms felt wet, but they were the only arms cradling Sky with care and love. Sky sighed contently as the arms hands ran their long fingers through Sky's dark hair. Sky was scared of the eyes, but the arms were safe. Sky opened one eye when he heard a voice.

"Sky...?"

Sky lifted his head. "How do you know my name...?" he asked. "Do you not remember me...?" the voice asked.

"No..."

"I saw you long ago... you were still a babe running to be in the arms of your mother..."

"How...?"

"I was in the smoke... you saw me... you saw my eyes..."

Sky thought back. Years ago, he was hiding his face as his other asked him why was he upset. Sky had seen those eyes. The same eyes that were now looking at him.

Sky didn't feel safe anymore.

"Who are you...?"

The voice hummed softly to Sky, and the arms rocked Sky like a baby in the arms of its mother. Sky blinked drowsily.

"I am the spirit tattooed on your back. I am the hidden lie that they buried to keep me from you, my son..."

"What...?"

"I am Amagna Okubi..."

"I don't need your help this time, Loyal... I can take care of this one..."
AyKooChao
Cornflake
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2018, 03:48:04 AM »

Meebling microwaves no! Shocked Run, Sky!

Randomness:
The Pencil-Staff is a powerful thing, AyChao. If you wanted to, you could rewrite history-
Look at me, I have wings!

-W117

[May 18 04:31 PM]:   AyKooChao wonders why no one is shipping the user above them
[May 18 04:33 PM]:   Monika is going to ship AyKooChao in the forum game called "Ship user above you"
[May 18 04:35 PM]:   AyKooChao scrolls down very slowly...
*sees that she's been shipped with a certain Yu-Gi-Oh character...*
AyKooChao [May 18 04:36 PM]:   Again? *insert untypeable Cheesy +  Embarrassed + Cheery + Nervous + "put that notebook down, Carrie" face here*
[May 18 04:37 PM]:   Monika bursts out of laughter
Monika [May 18 04:37 PM]:   Laugh
[May 18 04:48 PM]:   AyKooChao sits in the corner of the Shoutbox and plots her revenge...
AyKooChao [May 18 04:48 PM]:   Meh, I'll just type what I always do.

Joey x AyChao shipping incidents: 21 (counting the Shoutbox and the deleted posts) Yes, I'm keeping track.

Mystic [Dec 07 01:32 PM]:   The earth is a box of cereal.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2018, 03:58:06 AM »

Meebling microwaves no! Shocked Run, Sky!
Creepy, creepy. Sky is not falling for his lies. Grimace
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »

Chapter 84...

Shifting Sky onto another arm, Amagna brushed down Sky's hair. Sky hugged the arms, playing the fool.

"Now do you remember...?"

"Yes..."
Sky whispered. Amagna's arms held Sky close and never dropped him. Sky closed his eyes, "I thought you were a demon, Amagna?"

"Those lies. Those lies everyone has said about me."

"Are you? Why can't I see your face?"

"Ignore that for the meantime-"

"Why do you have so many arms?"

"A curse."

"What kind?"

"From the Deities?"

"I'm sorry to hear that... why did they do this to you??"

"Because of you."

"Me??"

Sky frowned, his eyes ached from being in the dark too long. Amagna ran his fingers on Sky's head making him whine.

"All because you are the offspring of me."

"What? No, I am not. White Feather is my father-"

"How long have you believed that lie?"

"It's not a lie. White Feather is my real father, Amagna."

"Lies, you are the offspring of my very flesh."

Sky thought for a minute while Amagna went on about Sky's birth and how Amagna was punished for having a God for a son.

"I never knew that they would do this and then take you away from me."

"Why did they send me to White Feather and Sun Dancer?"

"Sun Dancer is your real mother, but White Feather is not your father."

"White Feather is an honest man, and he would never lie to me."

"He was the one who told the Deities about you."

"Really, Amagna?"

"Yes, once they found you, they cursed me and took you away."

Sky hugged Amagna's arm tighter as they rocked him gently. Amagna hummed a lullaby for Sky.

"Now, that White Feather is gone, I have you back."

"Oh, Amagna..."

Sky closed his eyes once more and sighed. If this is how it was going to end, Sky wouldn't care. It felt wonderful being in the arms of someone who cared.

Wait for it.

After a few minutes of rocking, Amagna placed Sky on his knee. Sky wondered how big Amagna was since he was on standing on his knee. Amagna must be the size of the mountains. Amagna's long fingers touched Sky's thin face, tracing Sky's facial shape.

"My brother took you away."

"Brother? Does that mean Calling Bird is your father?"

"Yes."

"Oh, so... they never talked about you unless it was the lie?"

"Yes..."

"I feel sorry for you, Amagna."

Sky limped around, wondering how was he going to get out.

"Now, I have you back since you carry my mark on your back."

"How will you claim me?"

"All is left is for you to surrender to me."

"What will happen if I do, Amagna?"

"You and I will punish those who have hurt you, Sky."

"Oh? Like Wandering Feet?"

"And Calling Bird."

"But-"

"Has he helped you? No, he let them harm you."

Sky gulped. His anger for Calling Bird returned red-hot. How dare Calling Bird leave him when he needed him!

"It is simple, Sky."

"What must I do?"

"Just write your name down on this,"
Amagna held up a paper to Sky and gave him a quill. Sky took the quill and looked around. Ink dripped onto Sky's feet.

Amagna waited.

"Loyal, do you know about this?"
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2018, 01:56:25 AM »

Chapter 85...

"Well? Are you not going to write your name?"

"I don't know how to write."

Sky sensed an annoyance in Amagna huff, but Amagna didn't lash out.

"That is alright. Just draw a bird and I'll-"

"That and I do not believe a word you just said."

"What??"

"I. Do not. Believe. A word. You just said,"
Sky hissed, and he threw the quill and ink bottle on the floor. 

"Do you believe those lies?" Amagna snapped. "I believe in those "Lies"; my people have harmed me, but I know who I am. I am the son of White Feather and Sun Dancer. I am a God of the Skies," Sky announced as he swept his hand above his head. Sky held up a rainbow-colored feather that was in his hair and shook it in Amagna's eyes, "My father named after the bird who sang during his dark hours. The hour when he had to choose if he would spare me or give up his happiness. You are not my father, nor the spirit of my ancestors."

"So you blindly follow their stories?"

"Yes. I know you, Amagna Okubi. You are the spirit of darkness. You only seek revenge for a past that you cannot let go of."

Amagna Okubi cursed and hit Sky off his knee. Sky landed on his side, knocking the wind out of him.

"Foolish child."

"What's the matter, Amagna?? Do you hate hearing the truth?"

"You see soon enough, Sky. Come the following years; you'll regret not acceding to my law."

"We shall see."

"I'll be back..."

Then Amagna Okubi was gone. Sky was alone in the dark. Shuddering from the pain in his back, Sky hugged himself and closed his eyes. The loving warmth of his mother and father was still there.

"Tell mama and papa that I remembered, Loyal..."
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2018, 03:12:48 AM »

Chapter 86...

Calling Bird stood outside next to Black Eyes while Burning Tracks held the covered body of Sun Dancer.

White Feather's covered body was already on the pile of sticks they will light soon. Burning Tracks nuzzled the top of Sun Dancer's head before placing her next to her husband. Wandering Feet stood on the other side gazing off.

"Two birds are being burned this morning..." Calling Bird said sadly to Burning Tracks. "Two eggs," Wandering Feet choked out. Calling Bird looked at Wandering Feet quizzically. "Two eggs," Wandering Feet repeated. Calling Bird was about to ask another question, but was silenced by Black Eyes.

"Show respect, you idiot!"

"I-"

"Shut up!"
Black Eyes hissed at Calling Bird as he lit his torch. Wandering Feet stared off like Burning Tracks. Carefully, Black Eyes lowered the torch on the sticks and backed away before the flames that ate the dry wood like a starving animal could get him.

Calling Bird watched as the fire moved towards White Feather.

Taking a sharp breath, Calling Bird fought the urge to jump into the fire and grab his son. Burning Tracks knelt down as he watched the fire cover his daughter and her "two eggs."

Wandering Feet, Calling Bird, Burning Tracks, and Black Eyes stood around looking at the fire. Far away, Skunk Pelt and BlackWater gazed up at the black smoke that touched the heavens.

Sky sat in the tree looking at the men who were watching the flames burn his parents' body. Sky turned his head and saw a destroyed bird nest with a small baby bird inside.

"Oh, Loyal... what will become of me...?"
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2018, 04:02:23 AM »

Chapter 87...

Whistling, Calling Bird ambled outside, not wanting to go past the hut Sky was resting. He felt awful for letting Wandering Feet and Burning Tracks mark him with that tattoo. Calling Bird knew that whatever he said will not help Sky.

Somehow, Calling Bird got Black Eyes to put salve on Sky's raw back, but it wasn't enough. Each day, Calling Bird watched Black Eyes.

Foolish Calling Bird thought that Sky felt safer with him watching Black Eyes, but Sky didn't. Calling Bird tried to talk with Sky, but kept leaving. After White Feather's death, Calling Bird felt lost and empty, but Sky must be suffering worse because White Feather and Sun Dancer were his parents'. Calling Bird didn't know how to comfort Sky.

Sitting down, Calling Bird thought for a few minutes. He couldn't bring Sky with him but who would take Sky? Black Eyes wouldn't. He couldn't send Sky out alone. White Feather would have wanted Calling Bird to keep Sky safe.

Calling Bird sat up. He had his daughters! One of them would take Sky as her own!

Black Eyes glared when Calling Bird jumped to his feet and hurried over to Sky's hut only to lose his nerve and run to one of his daughters' hut.

"Loyal... I ache all over, but it hurts worse in my heart... do you feel like this sometimes?"
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2018, 03:14:25 AM »

Chapter 88...

A few days later...

Sky stood stiffly in front of his aunts, his head down. Calling Bird laid one hand on Sky's shoulder, Sky slapped it off.

"So...  Whispering Creek... you will take in Sky...?"

"I do not know, father... He will never fit in with my children."

"Sky needs someone to take care of him until he reaches the Blooming Age..."

"Just the Blooming?"

"Yes, then you can send him off."

"Alright..."
Whispering Creek said, her dark eyes glaring at Sky. Shaking, Sky touched the soft leather that covered his raw back. Calling patted Sky on the shoulders and received another slap from Sky. "Be good to your aunt, Sky; she will be taking caring of you along with your other aunts," Calling Bird said in Sky's ear. Sky nodded his head sharply and stalked over to Whispering Creek. Calling Bird cleared his throat, "Take good care of him, Whispering Creek. Your brother would have wanted this."

Whispering Creek and Calling Bird said goodbye and parted ways. Calling Bird looked over his shoulder to see if Sky was with her.

Sky was glaring at him.

Sky said nothing but his eyes said it all.

I hate you.

"I hate him, Loyal. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!"
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2018, 02:59:13 AM »

Chapter 89...

A few days later...

Sky sang to himself while he washed the clothes in the river where a few mothers were washing their clothes. Young children played around by their mothers or looked at Sky. Sky ignored them and scrubbed the dirt out of the clothes. He was use to kids gawking at him. Placing the clothes in the basket, Sky left the river and headed back home.

Still singing, Sky hung up the wet laundry on the tree branches to dry. Birds sang along with Sky on this beautiful day. The sun was high in the sky, and white clouds floated past. Standing back with his hands on his hips, Sky bobbed his head in satisfaction and left to collect wood for the fire.

A few hours later, Sky walked back to the hut with a tied bundle of sticks on his back. Sky looked up when he heard laughter.

The laundry. The clean laundry was dirtied and scattered in the dirt.

Sky's cousins tore the clothes off the branches, threw it the dirt, and stomped on them. "Hey! Stop it!!!" Sky yelled. "Why don't you make us!" Sky's cousin yelled back, still stomping on the clothes. Sky cursed, threw down his sticks, and ran at his cousins. Sky's cousins laughed even louder, and a few ran to the bundle of sticks to break them. Sky hit his cousins, trying to get the dirty clothes.

"Stop it!!!"

"Make us!"

"Why don't you all jump off a cliff! Stop ruining the clothes!!"

"Get lost, demon!"

"Piss off, Tea Flower!"

"Ha-ha!"

"I said stop it!!!"

Picking up a stick, Sky struck his cousins hard on the back of their legs or in the face. A few of Sky's cousins yelped and burst into tears; some tried to grab Sky but were hit in the face.

"I'm telling!!"

"Go ahead!"

After Sky's cousins left, Sky sighed seeing the dirty laundry and broken sticks. It was getting late.

Sky gritted his teeth while his aunt slapped him with a leather strap. "Why can't you do anything right, you lazy brat?" Sky's aunt snapped as she whipped him. "Look. You didn't wash the clothes, and you came back with broken sticks!" The strap came down on the back of Sky's legs a few more times before his aunt threw him outside. Sky's cousins snickered at him.

Groaning, Sky limped over to the tree where he rested. If he was lucky, maybe it won't rain.

Alas, the clouds released the rain and Sky had to hide under a sheet of the sky. Although his aunts said they would take care of Sky, they treated him like how the other people in the Tribe treated him.

"That stupid Calling Bird thinks he did a great job sending me with these witches, Loyal."
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »

I'll post later.  Grimace

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2018, 01:41:15 AM »

Chapter 90...

A Few Months Later...

Sky rubbed his sore shoulders after carrying back a load of sticks to his aunt's hut. Looking around, Sky noticed that cousins were nowhere to be seen, but he was not taking any chances. After brushing the bugs out of his hair, Sky sat down on the bundle of sticks. Looking down at his lap, Sky sighed as he played with his messy braided hair. The scratchy thin rope pricked under Sky's fingernail, but he didn't care. Although Sky still had cousins, aunts, and his uncles, Sky knew he was still alone in this clan. Sky refused to talk to Calling Bird since he was still mad at him for standing there that night when they tattooed his back.

Sky rubbed his still sore back. He knew that the tattoo was still there, but he couldn't see it. After that, everything seems darker than ever. When Sky prayed, it felt like Sky was talking to himself. The nights were more ominous than peaceful. And each day and night, Sky was haunted or beaten by Amagna. When Sky would rest, he would lie there staring at the black night hoping that Amagna would leave him alone. Each day, Sky knew that someone was behind him, watching him, taunting him.

The fact that Amagna would never leave made Sky cry because he knew there was nothing he can do. How can one tattoo change everything? If it wasn't Amagna hurting him, it was his relatives.

Wiping his eyes, Sky got back up and walked to the hut where he saw one of his aunts waiting for him with a stick.

Sky did nothing; she was just beating him for the pleasure of it.

"Please, Loyal... Please."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.