Poll
Question: The best?
Calling Bird. (Eagle Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Wandering Feet. (Peacock Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Skunk Pelt. (Vulture Tribe) - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   
Print
Author Topic: Where Were You...? Where Are You...? [T] ©  (Read 8992 times)
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »

I was glad you took a break/vacation because it took me too long to catch up, but I'm also glad you're back~ anyway Sky is starting to seem a lot like the typical orphan character who's always mistreated, which is rly sad

PSEUDORANDOM SURVIVOR FLIPLINE! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44030.msg2055400#msg2055400

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.
(in response to "I insert a jack-o-lantern." I wanna see a jill-a-torch ROFL)

Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »

I was glad you took a break/vacation because it took me too long to catch up, but I'm also glad you're back~ anyway Sky is starting to seem a lot like the typical orphan character who's always mistreated, which is rly sad
Thank you~! Glad you caught up~ The modem died on us since it was an old model and the wireless wifi on our tablet ran out leaving us with nothing.  Depressed

But, it's nice to be back to post chapters. Silly Smile
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2018, 01:18:38 AM »

Chapter 91...

The weather was growing warmer, but it was still cold at night. Sky was pulling tubers out from the ground while his younger cousins who were learning how to walk toddled around him, and played with the tubers in the pot. Sky's younger cousin held up a tuber to Sky's face and whined at him to take it. Sky smiled and took the dirty tuber. He didn't mind his younger cousins. They were still young and didn't know that they were supposed to treat Sky differently. To them, Sky was someone to follow, run to when they are in pain, feed and clean them, and friendlier than Black Eyes. Sky went back to the tubers but kept an eye on the toddlers who were making a way to an ant pile. Throwing a tuber in the pot, Sky heard someone walking up behind him. Sky braced himself.

"Sky?"

Sky lifted his head in confusion. That voice sounded familiar. Sky looked up, and he found Calling Bird looking down at him. Their eyes met, but it still felt like they were strangers. Sky wrinkled his nose and went back to the tubers. "Sky?" Calling Bird said again. Sky slumped, but he devoted his attention to a stubborn tuber rooted deep in the ground. "What do you want?" Sky said coldly. He heard Calling Bird move around to face him. Sky looked at Calling Bird's moccasins and back at the tubers.

"Sky, I was-"

"I'm busy, Calling Bird,"
Sky interrupted. Calling Bird sighed. "Sky, I was wondering how are your aunts- ... How is your back?" Calling Bird said to Sky who wasn't looking at him. "Oh, fine. I like having my back sliced with burning knives and picks." Sky said sarcastically before calling to his cousins to get away from the rotten tree. Calling Bird looked at his youngest grandchildren before turning to Sky. "Sky, I will not tolerate that attitude of yours."

Sky laughed at Calling Bird and yanked out the tuber. "You tolerate that creep Wandering Feet who is worse than I. You don't scare me, Calling Bird."

Calling Bird's head snapped back, Sky picked up the pot and hissed when a few tubers fell out. Calling Bird picked them up and handed them back to Sky. Still not looking at Calling Bird's face, Sky yanked the tubers away and turned to walk off.

"Sky, I know you are mad at me for not doing anything that night..."

Sky stopped.

"I want you to know that I do care for you... I was..." Calling Bird trailed off. Slowly, Sky turned to face Calling Bird. "You were saddened by the death of your son?" Sky asked. Calling Bird nodded his head. "How do you think I felt!!?" Sky yelled. Calling Bird sucked in his breath. Sky's younger cousins stopped their play and stared at the scene. Sky took a few steps forward. "I was scared and alone! My parents' died, and you left me when I needed you! You heard me screaming for you when they dragged me away, and you stood there like an idiot!!"

Sky hated the way his vision blurred with tears, he swiped them away quickly and turned back to Calling Bird.

"Well?! Why don't you say the truth!?"

"I told you!"

"You're lying! You didn't stop them because you were afraid that Wandering Feet would turn to you! You fear that evil man!"

Calling Bird opened his mouth but said nothing. Sky was right; he was afraid of Wandering Feet. The shame was heavy, and it made Calling Bird sick to hear the truth coming from his grandson than from Wandering Feet. "I trusted you, and you let those wicked men brand me with the mark of a demon. I thought you would speak up, but you didn't," Sky said harshly, keeping his voice down so no one would hear them. Calling Bird looked at Sky with sad eyes.

"I honestly thought you would take me in that night, Calling Bird."

"Sky-"

"I thought you changed, but I was wrong."

"We can-"

"We?"

"I can-"

"No."

Sky called his little cousins to come to his side so they can go home. Sky's cousins ran to  Sky and smiled up at Calling Bird. Sky glared up at Calling Bird. "I should have seen this coming, Calling Bird. How can you, a weakling, be the Chief of the strongest Tribe?"

Calling Bird didn't answer.

"I thought so." Sky said softly. Lifting his head, Sky took a deep shuddering breath and walked away with his cousins.

Calling Bird stood alone watching Sky leave.

Sky walked slowly so his cousins wouldn't have to rush. The pain in Sky's heart was returning and his eyes filled with angry tears making it hard for him to walk.

"Pretty bird."

Sky lifted his head to see what his cousins were looking at. His cousins were pointing at the tree where the same white bird Sky knew, and love perched. While his cousins gurgled at the bird, Sky and the bird stared intently at each other.

Then the bird was gone and Sky was alone with his cousins. By now, White Feather or Sun Dancer would have marked the stick.

"I need to get out of here. I don't care what is out there, Loyal. I need to get out."
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2018, 10:15:10 AM »

Sky has already learned sarcasm, he must be at least elementary school age now lol, he sounds like he's about 8 or 9

I love your name change by the way Laugh

PSEUDORANDOM SURVIVOR FLIPLINE! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44030.msg2055400#msg2055400

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.

Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »

Sky has already learned sarcasm, he must be at least elementary school age now lol, he sounds like he's about 8 or 9

I love your name change by the way Laugh
Yeah, he's around that age.  Sleepy

lol, thanks. Getting ready for Halloween~ (Even though it is September. I need a creepy name~!)  Silly Smile
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2018, 04:47:45 PM »

Chapter 92...

A few months later...

Summertime was here, and so was the Summer fever. The Summer fever was nothing to fear if you are an adult, but children and babies were another story. While Sky's aunts were out talking with the other women and his uncles with their children, Sky stayed inside the hut with his sick younger cousin. Tiredly, Sky held up a wooden ladle filled with moist herbs to his cousins' mouth. His cousin fought it, still crying. "Come on, Brown Flower. Eat this so you can get some sleep," Sky pleaded. "No, no, no! Mama!!" Brown Flower bawled. Regretfully, Sky held Brown Flower's nose, pulled her head back, and spilled the herbs down her throat. Brown Flower gulped down the bitter herbs and cried again. Sky rocked her and patted her back as she cried. After a few minutes, Brown Flower's tears turned into whimpers. Sky walked around the hut, listening to Brown Feather whimper. Sky hated hearing babies cry. Their painful crying made his heart ache because babies are new and still learning about the world. They don't know why they are sick, so the cry hoping that their mother or father can take the sickness away, or any other pain besides a fever. Sky wondered if his mother and father felt the same way when he cried.

Brown Flower's fever went down and she was sleeping on the mat Sky laid out for her. After checking twice on her, Sky crawled out of the hut to hunt for more roots. Looking around, Sky made sure the coast was clear.

Only Black Eyes was sitting by the rotten tree. Sky turned and walked away.

The hot sun beat down on Sky as he dug the soft dirt looking for the roots. Pausing, Sky shielded his eyes from the bright sun to look up at the clouds. Birds flew past, chirping shrilly. Watching the birds, Sky wished he could fly away from this Clan and live somewhere else. He could run, but he wanted to stick around until he was a bit stronger. Right now, his back was too sore, and it will make him an easy target for bobcats.

Sky wandered further with his bag of roots.

Bending down to pick up an acorn, Sky saw something unusual in the wet dirt.

A strange print in the dirt that resembled like a footprint, but Sky couldn't tell since there were no toes and the point of the dirt print is pointed like an unsharpened spear. Sky stared at it for a long time.

It wasn't an animal because no animal leaves prints like that.

It wasn't a human because humans have foot prints.

It could be a strangely shaped spear, but Sky saw more prints like the first one. Fear gripped Sky's throat. Whatever this creature was, it was walking.

Sky followed the prints until it stopped at the river. Sky didn't bother crossing the river because he knew that those foreign prints were on the other side of the river.

"Sky-yyy? Sky-yyy! Or Bird Of Many Colors whatever it is, where are you?!"

Sky ran back before his uncle found him and the prints.

"What were those things, Loyal...?"
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2018, 07:58:54 AM »

ooooh, the strangeness of shoe prints lol

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2018, 02:45:14 AM »

Chapter 93...

Three nights have passed along with two nights of rainfall and Sky was still curious about those prints. When it rained, Sky stayed in the far corner of the hut painting the shoe print on buckskin. One of Sky's older cousins sat down next to Sky, eying his painting. Sky ignored her and went back to painting. "What's that?" River Stone asked, pointing at the drawing. "A spear. Go away," Sky replied, but River Stone kept looking. "That looks sorry. Can't you draw?" River Stone said meanly to livid Sky. "Better than you can, River. Now go drown yourself," snapped Sky before walking away with his painting. River Stone walked over to where Sky was sitting with Horse Spots behind her. Sky felt like slapping his cousins, but he didn't because he wanted to finish his painting. River Stone and Horse Spots looked over Sky's shoulder.

"What's that?" Horse Spots said to River. "Bird said it was a spear," Sky heard River Stone say.

"A spear? That is not how you draw a spear! This is how-"

"Don't touch, Horse Crap!!"
Sky yelled, slapping Horse Spots hand away.

"You can's call me that, Bird."

"Go cry to your mama, Horse Crap. I'm busy."

Horse Spots was too busy ogling Sky's drawing to tell on him. River Ston waved over her other siblings to look at what Sky was drawing. Soon the hut was filled with children asking questions and hurling insults.

"It's a spear."

"No, it's a fish."

"A fish? You are crazy."

"No, it's a fish! A fish looks like that sometimes."

"It's not a fish."

"Bird, what is it?"

"A spear."

"See? Bird said it is a spear."

"It does not look like a spear."

"This is how you draw-"

"DON'T TOUCH!!!"

"Don't yell at me."

"Go away, all of you."

"Why won't you tell us what it is?"

"I told you. I'm drawing a spear."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Why?"

"It is a sketch of a new spear I will make to kill you all."

Sky knew he would get in trouble saying that, but it was worth it. Sky smirked when his cousins scattered like roaches.

Humming to himself, Sky went back to his painting with his one-year-old cousin playing by his legs. The rain continued to fall.

The Next Day...

"I don't believe you were drawing a spear!" Sky's six-year-old cousin proclaimed as he ran beside Sky. "Believe what you want, Turtle Shell," Sky said, keeping his eyes on the trees. "I don't believe you are a God either!!!" Turtle Shell nearly screamed at Sky.

"Go ahead. Many people don't believe I am as well, so you're not the first."

"Are you truly going to kill us?"

"No."

"Not with the spear. I mean with your evil spells,"
Turtle Shell said as he jumped on the mushrooms.

"Who told you that?"

"Black Eyes. He said that you will kill us all if we anger you."

"I don't have any evil spells. I don't know why you all curse at me when Black Eyes knows too much about evil spells and hexes,"
Sky said breathlessly after Turtle Shell lost his footing and tried to regain his balance by stomping on Sky's feet. Turtle Shell had to agree with Sky about Black Eyes knowing too much about evil spells. That and Burning Tracks was the one who tattooed Sky with that mark. "Maybe Black Eyes and Burning Tracks are evil?" Turtle Shell asked Sky. Sky shrugged.

"I don't care, Turtle Shell."

"Are you a God, Sky?"

"They say I am."

"Who?"

"The people at the Vulture Tribe."

"Is that where BlackWater is?"

"Yes."

"Oh. well, if he says so, perhaps it is true."

"Turtle Shell, you are very doh-dee-doh,"
Sky said, using the word that people call gullible Tribe members. Turtle Shell walked a bit slower.

"If it is true, keep the stars high in the sky for me because I like stars."

"I will."

"Will you?"

"I said I will."

"Don't tell anyone what I was saying or they will give me a tattoo like yours."

"I promise."

Turtle Shell squinted at Sky before running off. Sky bolted into the forest to find the prints.

The prints were in the dirt when Sky arrived.

"I don't understand it at all, Loyal..."
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2018, 02:04:42 AM »

Chapter 94...

Four Nights Later...

"Okay, Bird. What is your story? Why were you playing near the river when you know that the current is too strong?" Sky's uncle asked. Sky held up his painting, "I was not playing by the river. Look, Uncle Red Tree. Look at my drawing."

"What about it? What does this have to do with you by the river?"

"I found these strange prints in the forest and by the river."

Red Tree frowned before taking the painting to examine. Sky heard is cousins heckling him but ignored them. "What are these strange prints?" Red Tree asked. Sky took his hand and walked away from the hut with him.

Sky scouted by the river for the footprints with Red Tree behind him. "There! Red Tree, look!" Sky exclaimed when he found a print. Red Tree walked up slowly and looked down. The prints were there in the dirt. Red Tree knelt down to get a better look. Like Sky's drawing, the prints matched perfectly.

"Bird, did you see anyone here?"

"No."

"No one at all?"

"No. No man nor beast."

Red Tree traced the prints with his fingers. He has never seen anything like this. What kind of person was here? By the looks of it, whoever had feet like these prints was snooping around the Tribe. Red Tree looked up at Sky.

"Bird, I don't want you looking around here anymore."

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes."

Wandering Feet, Calling, Bird, and Skunk Pelt gazed at Sky's drawing.

"Have you seen anything like this, Skunk Pelt?"

"Yes, and I found this strange hair. Look how brown it is."

"It could be an animal hair."

"No. It is a human hair."

"You, Wandering Feet?"

"Yes. I have this strange cloth."

Wandering Feet gingerly held up an odd-shaped cloth. The cloth smelled like sweat, and it was filthy inside which made Wandering Feet sick.

Calling Bird stared at the cloth. No holes, just tiny, tight stitches. It was fuzzy as well. Skunk Pelt stuck his hand inside the opening of the sock. "Like this?" Skunk Pelt asked, wiggling his mitted hand.

"No. I think it is a soft moccasin."

"A moccasin, Calling Bird?"

"Yes...? For children"

"No child has a foot this big."

"I don't know, Skunk Pelt. Take it off."

Skunk Pelt shrugged and gave the "moccasin" back to Wandering Feet. The three Tribe leaders stood around, lost in thought.

"Well? Any ideas?"

"No."

"We can spread out in search parties to see what is going on."

"That is not a bad idea, Calling Bird. Wandering Feet, what do you say?"

"If it gets rid of these filthy beings, I'm in."

After a quick planning and goodbye, Calling Bird left Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt. Sky was way ahead of them. At night when Sky was on his mat, he could see visions.

Looking up at the heavens, Sky could see those beings with the strangely shaped feet.

"Loyal...? Keep our people in the search party safe..."
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2018, 02:15:55 PM »

aha, as I suspected, moccasins. lol. also Sky is starting to pick up the bad attitude he sadly learned from all those mean tribe people Sad

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2018, 02:27:13 AM »

Chapter 95...

Two Nights Later...

Using the foliage to disguise, Wandering Feet and 14 of his Tribe members hid in the forest spying for these strangers. Far away, the sound of a crow cawed. Slowly, Wandering Feet and his people crawled on all fours.

Snap!

Wandering Feet's heart skipped a beat, and he motioned for the people to get down and keep quiet.

Calling Bird hid in the trees with a few of his people hiding as well. Far away, he could hear the sound of a crow cawing. Calling Bird gulped. That cawing was not a crow. Skunk Pelt was blowing on his whistle, warning him and Wandering Feet that he could see the strangers near his Tribe.

Hiding in the caves, Skunk Pelt blew his whistle, still looking at the strangers who were snooping around near the bushes. Mossy Braid clutched her knife when she heard the sound of sticks snapping. Skunk Pelt held his breath. The shadow of a human walked past and stopped. The members who were with Skunk Pelt all held their breath.

Shaking, Skunk Pelt watched as the shadow walked away. Looking at Mossy Braid, Skunk Pelt drew what the shadow looked like in the dirt

A man.

The sound of another crow cawed, and Skunk Pelt broke into cold sweat. The man was getting too close to the Tribe.

Wandering Feet's eyes widened seeing the strangers a canoe with a wide-bottom to cross the river. Men were looking around, but Wandering Feet knew they were not like them. These men. They had snow-colored skin, and their hair was not dark like theirs. What disgusted Wandering Feet is that the men had their hair cropped too close to their head. Such foolishness. The men talked in a strange language that Wandering Feet and his people could not understand.

"What is that idiot warbling?"

"Hissst!!!"

Skunk Pelt sighed when he heard the men yelling in terror when a boar ran out from the bushes. One of Skunk Pelt's men saw that the strangers were getting too close, so he released the boar they caught in the morning. The frightened boar ran around crazily until it ran further into the forest squealing shrilly. The strangers talked harshly in their strange language and turned to leave. Skunk Pelt waited.

Calling Bird held his breath as the men stood near the tree he was hiding in. After the strangers had a brief argument, one threw a rope with a heavy rock on the branch to climb it.

Calling Bird's heart raced as the stranger tugged the rope to see if it was safe before climbing. Holding his breath, Calling Bird clutched his knife.

"Shhh-rrreeeeeeeeeee!!!"

A high-pitched screech startled Calling Bird, but he stayed in his tree. The strangers yelled in terror when the shriek sounded off again and got closer. Looking up, Calling Bird saw a blackbird flying in the sky, shrieking. The strangers ran away in terror when they saw the bird. Feeling the blood warm in his body, Calling Bird sat there in shock. What happened? Did that bird know he was in danger?

About the same size of a condor, but it couldn't be.

"You go first, Wandering Feet."

"I saw these strange men. They had pale skin and light colored hair that was cut short."

"Cut short? Don't these men know it is unsafe to cut their hair? Long hair is what helps us sense danger."

"They must not, Calling Bird... Skunk Pelt? What did you see?"

"Those strange men were trying to get into my Clan."

"Horrible. Not only are they strangers, but rude as well."

"Calling Bird? You look kinda shaky, did those men see you?"

"N-no... They almost did, but a condor flew past and scared the men off."

"It did? A condor doing that? Were you by the nest?"

"No-"

"Did you hear that shrieking? It was scary."

"I heard it, what was it?"

"That condor that flew past was the one shrieking."

"Condors don't shriek like a woman, Calling Bird."

"Then what was that thing??"

Skunk Pelt looked at Wandering Feet. Wandering Feet shrugged before turning to Calling Bird. What was that thing that flew?

"Oooo, Loyal. I found out about this technique I can do! Good thing I can pray in my head to you because my throat hurts bad."
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »

ooh mystical birds and weird Europeans. lol

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2018, 03:16:06 AM »

Chapter 96...

Sky blinked sleepily from the warm heat of the day.

The satin sheet of the sky was wrapped around Sky's skinny body as he lay in the grass. The leaves rustled and fluttered from the wind. Turning over, Sky dozed off. No one saw Sky resting under the tree on top of a cliff. The cliff is where Sky hides to get some privacy. No one dared walking to the cliff since that is the same cliff where Red Snow had "fallen" off. It is said that Red Snow's blackened soul is still alive at the bottom of the cliff and it should not be bothered. Sky rested there to be close to her. Looking down, Sky could see the dark frame of her body and her bones.

Sky woke up from his bad dream before going back to bed.

"Chirp!"

Sky growled and covered his head with his blanket.

"Chirp!"

Sitting up slowly, Sky glanced up at the tree to see what was wrong with the bird. On the low hanging branch was the same white bird Sky knew. Sky cocked his head in confusion. Why was that bird back? It doesn't come to see him twice in a year.

It comes once and does not return until the next year. Sky wondered if he was asleep too long or he died. Deep down inside, Sky hoped it was the second option.

"Chirp!"

The white bird flew down and rested on Sky's shoulder. Sky sucked in his breath. The bird never approaches anyone. The soft bird looked at Sky's eyes intently.

"Chirp!"

Swallowing his fear, Sky opened his mouth and made the same chirp sound. The white bird chirped back at Sky's face before ruffling it's white feathers until it looked like a cloud resting on Sky' shoulder. The bird looked at Sky, up at the tree, and at the cliff. Chirping a few more times, the white bird jumped off Sky's shoulder and hopped over to the edge of the cliff. Sky watched his friend hop around.

"Chirp!"

"Chirp!" Sky repeated. The bird lifted its beak at Sky as if it was insulted that Sky copied him. Getting up, Sky walked over to the bird. The bird hopped in front of Sky and looked up.

Sky didn't know why he did it, but for the next hour, Sky acted out the birds' every movement. The bird hopped. Sky hopped behind it. The bird chirped and Sky echoed it.

"Shhh-rrreeeeeeeeeee!!!"

The bird screamed at Sky when he hopped too close to the edge. Such a scream spooked Sky so much that he screamed in terror! "Shhh-rrreeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Sky held one hand to his mouth as the bird hopped to him.

"Chirp!"

"Yikes, did I make that noise??" Sky thought out loud. That scream was horrible and shrill. Sky noticed that a few crows flew away in terror after that scream. Sky's bird shrilled at Sky to get away from the cliff and Sky stupidly copied it. Still stunned, Sky smiled at the thought of scaring his cousins with that scream.

"Shhh-rrreeeeeeeeeee!!!"

The bone-rattling shriek rose goosebumps on Sky's skin, but he didn't care. After a few laughs and screams, Sky stopped after the bird hissed at him to stop it. With a toss of its head, Sky's bird spread out its wings.

Sky stared for a long time. His blanket was still around him.

Slowly, Sky spread out his blankest as if he had wings. The bird seems satisfied that Sky obeyed it. Hopping to the edge, the bird jumped off and flew to the other side of the cliff. Sky watched his friend leave. Feeling down, Sky turned away to go home.

"Chirp!"

The bird chirped at Sky and Sky listened. On the other side of the cliff, Sky's bird spread out its wings again and looked at Sky.

Sky stood there with his arms spread out. His blanket spread out like wings. Sky's fingers gripped his blanket.

"Chirp!"

Sky looked at the bird. The wind blew.

Sky ran and jumped. It would have been dangerous for a human to try flying with only a blanket, but Sky was not a human.

Sky didn't know why he listened to the crazy bird until the last minute. By now, Sky was no longer on the cliff but in the air.

"Ack!!!" Sky yelped and fell down the cliff. The bird stared at Sky in shock before diving down to him.

"Aaaah!!! Why did I listen to that crazy bird!? I'm gonna die, Loyal!!! Wait, wait, wait!! I- I-..."
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2018, 02:22:47 AM »

Chapter 97...

Thunk!

Sky whined after landing on the rock ledges. To protect his body from severe injuries, Sky wrapped his body with the sheet before landing. Sky's bird fluttered down and perched on his forehead.

"Chirp!"

Sky's eyes rolled up, and he stared at the bird. "Why did I listen to you? You are a bird, I cannot fly like you," Sky thought in his head as the bird sat down on Sky's forehead and ruffled. Sky laid wrapped up for a few minutes before he realized how close he was to Red Snow. Scrambling up, Sky looked down.

If Sky climbed down, he could reach the spot where Red Snow landed. The dark print of her twisted body was still there but no signs of decaying flesh. Her bones were scattered, and the jewelry she wore was still there. Sky looked at the bird for a few minutes.

Scorpions that were on Red Snow's bones scurried away after Sky slapped them with a stick. The cicadas shrilled from the heat and the sun burned down on Sky. The bird rested on Sky's shoulder. Getting down on his knees, Sky picked up the necklace Red Snow always wore. The hot leather rope and wooden beads burned Sky's fingers when he picked it up. Sky cradled the necklace. The colorful beads were still shiny even after being left out in the weather. The bird looked at Sky. His eyes were staring sadly at Red Snow's necklace. He never thought he would be this close to Red Snow ever again.

The bird sat at the far side of the cliff. Sky was on the other side with his blanket spread out. Red Snow's necklace around his neck.

"Chirp!"

Thirty minutes ago, Sky had ripped off long cloth strips and cut holes on the sheet with a sharp-edged rock. After sliding the cloth strips through the holes, Sky tied the cloth strips around his wrists and ankles.

The sheet blended in the sky when Sky lifted his arms and parted his legs. The bird watched him. Sky glared up at the sun. The hot wind blew at Sky's face, and his hair came loose from its braid. The bird watched him with its wings outstretched.

Sky closed his eyes.

Run, spread your wings and fly.

Sky ran and jumped his arms outstretched and his legs parted.

Frowmph!

Sky opened his eyes. He was not falling downward, but gliding high above the cavity of the cliff. The bird looked up at him in wonder. Sky felt light-headed when he looked down.

"I'm flying... I'm flying!?" Sky said out loud as he soared past the cavity and onto the other side of the cliff. Tucking his legs up, Sky crashed down onto the rocks, but he didn't care. The bird flew up to where Sky was. "I was flying! I was flying like a duck!! I was flying like you!!!" Sky yelled at the bird. The white bird hopped to Sky and looked up. "That's why you came back to me, right? To show me how to fly with my sky sheets..." Sky said softly. The bird blinked at Sky.

"Chirp!"

Lifting its colorful wings, the bird flew away from Sky. The birds' rainbow feather train dropped one feather with a rainbow feathered tip. Sky watched his friend leave.

Sky picked up the feather and pinned it to his hair.

After a few minutes of practicing, Sky had to get home. It wouldn't hurt to fly back as long as no one caught him.

No one could see Sky, but Sky could see them. He saw Calling Bird hiding in the tree, and those white strangers were climbing up the tree where Calling Bird was.

Sky thought for a few seconds before swooping down. His blue sheet turned a black color.

"Shhh-rrreeeeeeeeeee!!!"

"Loyal, I can fly! Can you fly? I bet you can. Why did I help Calling Bird? I don't know... I guess I felt a little sorry for him."
Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »

nice~ I like that bird, and Sky's gliding ;p

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.