Poll
Question: The best?
Calling Bird. (Eagle Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Wandering Feet. (Peacock Tribe) - 0 (0%)
Skunk Pelt. (Vulture Tribe) - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   
Print
Author Topic: Where Were You...? Where Are You...? [T] ©  (Read 11277 times)
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »

nice~ I like that bird, and Sky's gliding ;p
Thank you kindly~  :3
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2018, 02:11:13 AM »

Chapter 98...

Calling Bird wiped his forehead while Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt squabbled about the white men. "They might need help, Wandering Feet! We should help them," Skunk Pelt said. "Yes, yes, I know we should help our strange white... brothers. If they want help, why are they not asking for it??" Wandering Feet said sourly. "Perhaps they are afraid?" Calling Bird suggested. Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt both gave Calling Bird a cold look. Calling Bird cleared his throat. "If we choose to meet these white men, how should we do it? Wait for them to arrive?"

"Calling Bird, that's crazy. Who in the right mind will walk up to a stranger?"

"I will,"
Skunk Pelt said, boldly walking to see the strangers. Calling Bird grabbed his arm and pulled him back to the circle. "Wandering Feet, you bring them to us," Calling Bird ordered, but Wandering Feet shook his head no.

"We can't let Skunk Pelt go alone."

"Then you go, Calling Bird. You are older than both of us."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. The older, the wiser,"
Wandering Feet said, and he pushed Calling Bird out of the circle. "Stop! We can't keep throwing each other in the path of the wild buffalo! We need to think. Come together!" Skunk Pelt exclaimed, and he pulled Wandering Feet and Calling Bird closer so no one could hear.

"Well? What should we do, Skunk Pelt?"

"We all hunt together, right?"

"Yes?"

"We all help each other. Now, we are going to do it again."

"Skunk Pelt, are you saying the three of us go a meet these white men? In person??"

"Yes."

Wandering Feet made a whining sound as he tried to run, but Calling Bird yanked him back into the circle. So it was settled. Skunk Pelt led the way with Calling Bird and Wandering Feet behind him. Burning Tracks, Black Eyes, and BlackWater in the back keeping up as best as they could. Sky watched them leave.

"There they go, Loyal. Keep them safe."
Soundbord
I sound very bord
Forum Fanatic

God exists!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »

hmm. at least they're not starting with violence

Check out my new Flipline Bachelorette fanfic! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45830.0

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.
(in response to "I insert a jack-o-lantern." I wanna see a jill-a-torch ROFL)

Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
fav customerpalooza 2019 forumer entries:
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2018, 12:40:16 AM »

hmm. at least they're not starting with violence
Yah. Better to think then act first.  Grimace
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2018, 02:45:13 AM »

Chapter 99...

"There are the tracks but no men," Wandering Feet said, kneeling down and tracing the footprint with his finger. Calling Bird looked around with BlackWater behind him. Blacks Eyes stood there stiffly. "We can scout?" Skunk Pelt suggested, but Burning Tracks sad it was crazy, and they could get hurt if the strangers attacked. The tracks wandered around until it disappeared further in the forest. Calling Bird was shoved in the front to find out where the tracks were going. Calling Bird looked over his shoulder every five minutes to check if his friends didn't run and leave him alone. There was a faint scent of burning wood and Calling Bird went after it. Hiding, the men peeked out from the bushes. From the looks of it, it seems that these strangers were making themselves comfortable in the forest. There was a fire set up with a spit. "Are these men stupid? Because this can lead to a forest fire." Calling Bird whispered to Black Eyes by mistake. "We must be the stupid ones since we are here to talk to these strangers," Burning Tracks honked. BlackWater nudged Skunk Pelt."I think they are not here, everyone," Wandering Feet whispered. "Let's go home."

"No. Let's check out this camp."

"Why?"

"I don't think they will be back any time soon,"
Skunk Pelt said.

"Alright. We'll go out at the same time. Ready?" Calling Bird said.

"Ready,"
everyone but Black Eyes said in unison.

"Go."

No one moved.

"Okay. We got cold feet, but that's alright. Let's try again," Calling Bird said shakily. This time, the men crawled out from the bushes and into the empty camp. Standing up, the men walked around the camp slowly and gaped at the strange and wondrous objects the white men had. Calling Bird picked up a funny-shaped shoe and held it out to BlackWater. It wasn't a moccasin nor a soft boot. Wandering Feet picked up a strange bottle and stared at the liquid inside. "What's this?" he asked, holding it to Skunk Pelt. Skunk Pelt shrugged and took the bottle. It looked like the herbal tea BlackWater makes for stomach pains. Skunk Pelt took a drink and spat it out. "What is this? Piss??" Skunk Pelt growled as Wandering Feet held one hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter. "I don't know. Why did you drink it?" Wandering Feet asked, still laughing at Skunk Pelt who was sniffing the bottle. The rotten fruity taste tingled Skunk Pelt's taste buds. Skunk Pelt and Wandering Feet looked at the drawing on the tan square sticking to the bottle. They couldn't read the words, but they did know that the drawing on the bottle were grapes.

Everyone from the Tribes knows how grapes taste like, so why did this juice taste bad? Skunk Pelt gave the bottle back to Wandering Feet who took a drink.

"WANDERING FEET!!!"

Startled, Wandering Feet dropped the bottle when Calling Bird yelled at him.

CRASH!!

Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt stared at broken shards in confusion. The shards were thin and frail. Their pottery takes a few throws before it finally breaks. "What are you two doing!? You don't know what that stuff is!!" Calling Bird snapped at Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt. Skunk Pelt nudged the glass shard with his foot. "It tasted bad."

"What if you two were drinking poison?!"

"We weren't. It had grapes on it."

"Stop fooling around and keep looking!"
Calling Bird barked before turning back to the spit. Skunk Pelt went off to the weak tent with BlackWater after him.  While Skunk Pelt and BlackWater messed with the funny tent, Wandering Feet and Burning Tracks found a round tinny object. Neither of them could read the words, so they pried it open. Small round flat objects flew out when Burning Tracks yanked the lid off.

"Careful! We need to put it back- what is it?"

"I don't know,"
Burning Tracks mumbled, looking at the round thing. There was a picture of a man designed on it. There were strange words on it.

Five Cents.

But no one could read it. Calling Bird looked at the dead deer hanging from the tree. Too young and not enough meat. These men were probably starving. A few dead birds were plucked and resting under a cloth. Calling Bird was glad that Sky was not here to see the dead birds ready to be cooked. Calling Bird played with a small heavy pot. Black Eyes played with a round, heavy trinket that had a black arrow behind the clear glass. Wandering Feet and BlackWater were messing with a hat with a wide brim. Wandering Feet put it on BlackWater's head and looked at him.

"Well?"

"It looks stupid, BlackWater."

"I think so, too."

Skunk Pelt crawled out of the tent holding a flat rectangle board. "Look at this," Skunk Pelt said, waving everyone over. Inside the board were thin sheets. Thinner than the buckskin they draw on. On the sheets were drawings. Everyone looked at each other. These white men were drawing them??

How long were they hiding and drawing? Skunk Pelt turned a page. On the sheet was a drawing of a woman with her baby strapped to her back.

The three Tribes leaders felt sick seeing the drawings and knowing that the white men were that close. Skunk Pelt turned to the next drawing.

The drawing was Burning Tracks. Everyone knew by looking at the mask.

Wandering Feet grabbed the book and shook it at Burning Tracks. "Look! Look how close they were to you and you didn't know!!" Wandering Feet almost yelled before turning to Skunk Pelt. "Look at this! There are more drawings in this thing! Why are they here!? What do they want?!"

"Wandering Feet, calm down. It's alright to be scared, but, stay calm-"

"I can't! They are getting too close and not talking! What if they are planning to hurt us?!"

"I don't think they are."

"Then why won't they come forward and talk??"

"I suppose we have to ask-"

"Ask? How can we if they keep hiding from us? This is too much- I'm leaving."

"Wandering Feet!!"

"I have to go back to see if my Tribe is safe from these white men."

Wandering Feet turned away to walk back but stopped in his tracks. "Wandering Feet?" BlackWater said softly, poking Wandering Feet's shoulder with his staff. Wandering Feet took a few steps back; his mouth open in terror. "He's right there!" Wandering Feet whispered to Black Eyes. Black Eyes turned his head. There in the bushes was one of the white strangers gaping at them in shock. He looked just as scared as Wandering Feet. Skunk Pelt pulled Wandering Feet back into the group. "Don't move or he'll run!" Calling Bird said hoarsely. The strangers stared at them. His large green eyes filled with fear.

How does one make peace with a stranger?

Calling Bird took one careful step. The stranger stood there, watching Calling Bird. "Hello?" Calling Bird said to the stranger. The stranger flinched as if Calling Bird poked him. "I am Calling Bird." Calling Bird said aloud to the stranger. The stranger took a step back. "I don't understand your language," the stranger said to Calling Bird. Calling Bird frowned when he heard the strange words again.  Skunk Pelt and Wandering Feet walked up.

"I am Calling Bird. Chief of the Eagle Tribe."

"What?"

"What is your name, White-man."

"What is your name?"

"What is he saying, Skunk Pelt?"

"I don't know."

The stranger stared at Calling Bird. No one did anything.

After a few minutes, BlackWater hobbled over to where the stranger was hiding. The stranger watched BlackWater. BlackWater's dark eyes stared into the eyes of the stranger. He wasn't very old. The stranger must be around Skunk Pelt's age, he was still too young and already on an unknown land.

BlackWater held out his hand to the stranger. Everyone held their breath. The stranger looked at BlackWater's gnarled hand, and at BlackWater's face. "Come," BlackWater whispered. The stranger seemed to understand what BlackWater wanted, so he placed his pale hand in BlackWater's dark hand. For some reason, Burning Tracks felt warm inside seeing the stranger trusting BlackWater even though they were strangers. BlackWater helped the stranger get out from the bush and walked him over to where Calling Bird was standing.

"I think... everything went alright if they met those men, Loyal."
Soundbord
I sound very bord
Forum Fanatic

God exists!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2018, 01:17:46 PM »

lol, adult guys acting like kids when they found all that strange stuff Laugh

Check out my new Flipline Bachelorette fanfic! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45830.0

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.

Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2018, 03:17:31 AM »

lol, adult guys acting like kids when they found all that strange stuff Laugh
lol, yah.  Laugh
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2018, 02:54:36 AM »

Chapter 100...

Flurries of unknown languages mixed as the strangers talked and the Tribal people whispered. Sky stayed close to his cousins who were looking up at the tall white strangers. Calling sat in the front with Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt. Sky looked at Skunk Pelt who gave him a small smile and a wave. The strangers looked at the Tribal people who were giving them curious looks and points at their strange clothes. Sky looked at his bare feet and at the strange shoes, the men were wearing. So, that's what those footprints were. A few of the white strangers were looking at Sky with mean eyes.

The white stranger who seems to be the leader stepped up to Calling Bird and the other Chiefs. Everyone fell silent.

"Good afternoon... Dark Stranger. A few months back, I was told by one of my men that there were dark strangers here, living like animals," the white stranger said. Calling Bird looked at Wandering Feet and Skunk Pelt. "So, we made our way over to this land to see for ourselves, and we were not disappointed," the white man went on. "What is this idiot oinking about?" Calling Bird sighed. Wandering Feet gave him a weary shrug. "What can we do? We don't know what they are saying," Skunk Pelt said sadly. "Let us try- I don't know!" Wandering Feet said, throwing his hands in the air. The white strangers braced themselves when they saw Wandering Feet throwing his hands. "Cool it. They might kill us all, Wandering Feet," Burning Tracks hissed. Black Eyes glared at the white strangers for getting aggressive when they were the ones snooping around. Calling Bird stood up. "My white brother, I do not know what you are saying."

The white strangers pointed at Calling Bird, said something, and laughed. Everyone but the white men were curious at what was funny, but Sky looked angry. "What did he say?" BlackWater asked stupidly. Everyone shrugged. "Nice people, huh? They laughed at Calling Bird," Wandering Feet said to Skunk Pelt.

"Maybe it wasn't as mean as we think it is? You always think the worst, Wandering Brain." Skunk Pelt suggested to Wandering Feet.

"I won't stand for it-" Wandering Feet began but was silenced by Black Eyes who pointed at Sky. Everyone looked at Sky who was walking up to the white stranger. "Sky!" Skunk Pelt whispered hoarsely, fearing for Sky's life. BlackWater shushed him. Sky tugged on the pant leg of the man who laughed at Calling Bird. "Show respect. You are our guests here," Sky snipped. The man pulled away from Sky. "It understands what we are saying!!" the man nearly yelled. Sky glared at him for calling him an "It." Sky's people gasped in shock when Sky spoke the strange language.

"Told you he was a demon," Black Eyes said to Burning Tracks. "Perhaps a blessing for right now?" Burning Tracks said gruffly. Skunk Pelt stuck out his tongue at Wandering Feet who frowned. "Sky, come here," Calling Bird ordered. Glaring at the white stranger one more time, Sky hurried over to Calling Bird- his light-blue sheet dragging behind him. "How are you doing that??" Calling Bird whispered in Sky's ear. "I don't know myself. I only spoke up because they were being rude," Sky whispered back.

"Oh? What were they saying?"

"They were laughing at you for having feathers in your hair, Calling Bird. Plus, they were saying mean things about us."

"See? They are not nice at all,"
Wandering Feet said to Skunk Pelt before sticking out his tongue at him. Skunk Pelt hated the way Wandering Feet was right. "Go on, Sky. You help us here," BlackWater said, gently prodding Sky with his staff. Taking Calling Bird by the hand, Sky pulled at him to get up. Calling Bird hesitated, but stood up. Wandering Feet watched him.

"This is Calling Bird. He is the Chief of the Eagle Tribe," Sky piped to the ashy faced white man. "Calling Bird; strange name. My name is Quill," the white man said as Sky translated to Calling Bird. Calling Bird nodded his head, said a few words to Sky, and pointed.

"My grandfather wants to know if you are all alright?"

"Why?"

"He wants to know if you are sick, hungry, or lost."

"Oh! Oh, tell him we are alright and that we were checking out the place, and people."

Sky quickly translated to Calling Bird who smiled at Sky. Sky smiled back.

"Aw, that's cute," one of the white men said, pointing at Sky and Calling Bird.

"Yes. Lucky for us that this little bastard speak our language!" The white leader said blatantly, not caring if Sky understood. A few of the men didn't laugh when the other men did. Sky looked at them when he heard the insult.

Sky didn't say a word. First, it was his people and now these strangers.

"When will it end, Loyal..."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:56:23 PM by Fuzzy Zombie Cherry » Logged
Soundbord
I sound very bord
Forum Fanatic

God exists!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

interesting, so he has special abilities

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »

Oh, yes. There will be more on how he knows the language. Smiley

Wheeee~!! 100 chapters~!! Grin
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2018, 03:30:27 AM »

Chapter 101...

The Next Day...

The white men seem to like Calling Bird's Tribe for their strength. Admire Wandering Feet's Tribe for their beauty, but didn't fancy Skunk Pelt's Tribe for their homely looking people and thought they were filthy.

"I already know who Calling Bird is, so why don't you show me around, Sky?"

"Alright."

"Who is this guy?"

"Him? That's Wandering Feet. He is the Chief of The Peacock Tribe."

"Alright. Wandering Feet, it is a pleasure to meet you,"
Quill said as he extended his hand for Wandering Feet to shake.

"Liar," Wandering Feet said flatly, staring at Quill's hand.

"Huh?"

"He said hello."

Quill walked over to Skunk Pelt, giving him a funny look.

"Who is this guy with the funny hair?"

"He is Skunk Pelt. He earned his name because his hair is like the pelt of a skunk."

"Does he smell like one, too?!"
One of the white men yelled from the back making the other men laugh. "At least he has respect," Sky said to himself. Quill was running his fingers through Skunk Pelt's hair and unraveled his braid as if Skunk Pelt gave Quill permission to do so. Sky pulled Quill's arm and snipped at him to not touch Skunk Pelt. "Okay. Who is this skunk Chief of?" Quill asked, eyeing offended Skunk Pelt.

"Vulture Tribe."

"Well, things just don't get any better for ol' Skunk and his ugly people!!"

Quill and a few of his men laughed even louder at this, and at Skunk Pelt. Sky patted Skunk Pelt's hand before turning to Quill. "I don't like having you and your men laughing at Skunk Pelt and his Tribe or the other Tribes, Quill. I won't help you if you keep this up," Sky snapped. The laughter dwindled down, and Quill agreed with Sky. Still glaring at him, Sky lead Quill to the hills with Calling Bird. BlackEyes stared at them.

Sky's people and the white men were walking on eggshells. Everything felt different now that the white men were there with them. Sky hated the way some of the men looked at the women from Wander Feet's Tribe.

"Why are the women here so beautiful?"

"The Peacock Tribe have the beauty... although, beauty is not everything."

The white men ignored Sky and went back to looking at the women. Wandering Feet didn't like the men leering at the women, so he told the women to stay in their huts with their children and young daughters. Calling Bird and Skunk Pelt did they same. Sky confronted the Quill one morning.

"Why are you letting your men look at the women and young girls here like a wild dog in heat? If you wish to  continue your research, keep them far away."

Again, Quill agreed with Sky and kept his men away so he could continue his research.

Not all was bad. Sky liked one of the men that he started calling him Big Brother. Big Brother and Sky sat by Sky's secret place each day talking and sharing stories. Sky even told him about his birth and the bird that always shows up each year. Big Brother sat there, listening to Sky.

A few of the white men stayed in the camps, playing with the little children, trying to learn the language, drawing, and taking pictures. Everyone even Sky ogled the heavy box in wonder. Only the adults could carry the box, but not the children. Seated on a tree stump, Burning Tracks squirmed as the men tried to take his picture. The man who Sky called Big Brother, tried to get Burning Tracks to remove his mask.

"Can he take off his mask? I want to get a good look at his face."

"Burning Tracks will not take off his mask for anything."

"Why? I want a picture of him."

"No."

The man shrugged and told Burning Tracks to sit up.

POOF!!

Each Tribe Chief and their WiseMan had their pictures taken. Sky was last.

"Why? I'm no Chief nor Wiseman, Big Brother."

"You're not? Aren't you a the son of Peacock women and Eagle man?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with it?"

"You wear that feather with a rainbow tip. You said that the bird came after your birth."

"So?"

"You are the start of a new Tribe, Sky."

"I am?"

"Pretty much, yes. Once you are on your own, you are already a Chief and Wiseman of a new Tribe."

"I..."

"Eagle. Calling Bird. Peacock. Wandering Feet. Vulture. Skunk Pelt. That white bird. Bird Of Many Colors. You."

Sky stared up at Big Brother. He never thought of that. "That... means a lot, Big Brother..." Sky whispered.

Kneeling to Sky's height, Big Brother smiled kindly at Sky and helped him onto the tree stump. Sitting up, Sky stared at the box.

POOF!!

"That was nice of Big Brother, wasn't it, Loyal? Nice brother..."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:19:52 AM by Fuzzy Zombie Cherry » Logged
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »

Chapter 102...

"This, Big Brother, is a yam. "

"A yam?"

"It's a small sweet potato. Try it."

"Ooohhh, no, thank you, Sky."

"Come on! It's good! Here, I'll take a bite to show you that everything will be fine."

Big Brother watched Sky stick the yam in his mouth, bite down, and began to chew. "Mmh, good. You try, Big Brother," Sky said and held up the yam to Big Brother's face. "Well, I trust you enough to know that you will not hurt me, so let's see," Big Brother said, taking the yam from Sky. Sky was practically bouncing as he watched Big Brother nibble into the yam. "Well??" Sky sang.

"It... has the taste of... those carrots you grow," Big Brother said, looking at the yams' orange flesh. "It's not bad, I like it."

"I knew you would!!"

Sky sat happily as Big Brother finished the rest of the yam. Calling Bird came looking for Sky. "Sky, tell me, how do you understand what I am saying to you?" Big Brother asked as Sky waved to Calling Bird. "I don't know... yet," Sky answered. Calling Bird walked over to Sky and sat down beside him. "The fish were slow today..." Calling Bird said tiredly to Sky. "Perhaps they are scared, Calling Bird?"

"No, I guess it was a lazy day for them."

"Oh... hey? Why don't we take Big Brother to fish with us??"

"If you want, ask him."

Sky turned to Big Brother. "Wanna go fishing with us?? We can hunt for some tree rats, too!!!"

"Tree rats?"

"You'll see when we find one, please say you want to come along!!"

Big Brother looked at Sky and Calling Bird before smiling and nodding his head. Sky jumped up, yanked at Calling Bird's arm and yelled for him to hurry up. Big Brother laughed when Calling Bird looked at him and rolled his eyes. Sky raced ahead with Big Brother and Calling Bird in tow. Black Eyes watched them leave.

"This is so exciting, Loyal!!"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:59:47 PM by Fuzzy Zombie Cherry » Logged
Soundbord
I sound very bord
Forum Fanatic

God exists!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2018, 04:36:45 PM »

hmm, pretty interesting. the Big Brother character seems pretty cool

(also you put tiredly in the bracket with italics and also spelled it tieredly)

awesome quotes of 2018:
You get a jill-a-torch.

rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »

hmm, pretty interesting. the Big Brother character seems pretty cool

(also you put tiredly in the bracket with italics and also spelled it tieredly)
Oh, shoot! I wasn't watching out!  Laugh
rainbowcherry
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2018, 02:57:53 AM »

Chapter 103...

"Watch yourself, don't fall into the water."

"Now what?"

"Lift the- Hurry! A fish is caught!!"

Calling Bird and Sky watched as Big Brother yanked the net out from the water and tried to grab the flopping fish. Calling Bird pointed at Big Brother. "Did you ever see such pale legs?" he snarked. Sky hit his shoulder. The fish flopped on the rocks, and back into the safety of the water. "This is too hard! Let's try with a fishing rod," Big Brother huffed as Sky peeked in the water for the fish.

"What's a fishing rod?" Calling Bird asked Big Brother made a face and turned to Sky for help. "What'd he say?"

"I was about to ask the same thing. What is a fishing rod?" Sky questioned Big Brother.

"Looks like it's my turn to teach something."

"Okay, don't touch the hook."

"Ah-yipe!"

"I told you not to touch it, now, reel it back-"

Calling Bird's line caught a branch and was tangled in the leaves. Big Brother untangled the hook and told Calling Bird to be careful as Sky watched the cork bobbing in the water. Thinking of the puny worm impaled onto the hook, Sky whined to Calling Bird if the worm was dead. Dug out from his tree, stabbed, and drowned, the worm was most likely dead now. Calling Bird reassured Sky that it was already dead. After a few minutes, the fishing experience began to lose its glow because the fish were not biting. Sky was bristling, Big Brother was bored, and Calling Bird fell asleep.

"This is as boring as watching clothes dry."

"What?"

"When will the fish bite?"

Before Big Brother could answer, the cork went under the water. "A bite! Calling Bird, reel it in!" Big Brother yelled frantically. Calling Bird woke up from the yelling and let go of the rod. The fish under the water swam away in fear.

Plunk!

"NO!" Big Brother shouted and jumped into the water to save the fishing rod. Calling Bird yelled for Big Brother to come back even though he didn't understand a word he was saying. The fishing rod was lost in the water, but Big Brother came back with a salmon in his arms. Sky cheered as Calling Bird examined it. "It's a big salmon, Big Brother. It is amazing how you were able to wrestle it out of the water," Calling Bird said in astonishment. Big Brother looked down for Sky to translate. Sky smiled and hugged Big Brother on the legs. By the way Sky was smiling and Calling Bird's voice, Big Brother knew that the words were praise.

"Let's look for tree rats!"

There were chirps and squeals of joy from the women as the white men pulled out colorful and hard stones with strong golden chains holding it together from the box. The stones were beautiful and attracted the women like magpies. As the men passed around their gems, Skunk Pelt and Wandering Feet stood far back, judging the men and their treasures.

"I don't like how these white men are bringing out their goods like this to these doh-dee-doh women," Wandering Feet whispered to Skunk Pelt even though they were far away. Skunk Pelt nodded his head in agreement. "One of the women came back with one of those stones. I asked her if they gave it to her as a gift, but she traded two baskets for it. TWO!" Skunk Pelt whispered loudly and Wandering Feet shushed him before agreeing.

"What good are these stones when they break?"

"Break? I thought-"

"They do break. I dropped one on the boulder and it broke, Skunk Pelt."

Skunk Pelt shrugged.

"You know that drink they had, and we broke the bottle, Skunk Pelt?"

"Yes?"

"They become crazed as an animal when they drink it."

"I hate the taste. What is wine?"

"I don't know, but I think these men- cool it. Here comes Calling Bird."

Skunk Pelt and Wandering Feet smiled when Calling Bird walked up.

"What is going on?"

"Oh, nothing. What were you doing with Sky?

"Such a fun day, Loyal! I hope that Big Brother will stay with us when the white men go back home."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.