Question: Favourite Oofis record?
Headmaster - 0 (0%)
Cyana - 0 (0%)
Winkles - 0 (0%)
Flip Hop - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   
Print
Author Topic: Headmaster Oofis' Music World  (Read 14662 times)
Oofis
Papa's Replacement

I am an oofis.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 02:31:48 AM »

Wow it seems like I have fans today

Okay, time for an older song...

Review Billy Joel - Big Shot since it was stuck in my head lol
Took me a while to realize I'd heard the song before, but yeah I eventually recognized it, and I'd generally say it's pretty good, Billy Joel's powerful voice is perfect for the subject matter and the addition of the backing band only adds to the experience. My only real critique is that the chorus can be a bit slow at times, where it could have been a huge explosion and the icing on the cake. Other than that it's a 4/5, and I personally think many modern artists should be taking ideas from songs such as this when they make their next sing along kiss off, it's a good track.

stan oofis stream flip hop
Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:36 AM »

I want to see your opinion on Katelyn Tarver's Labels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhc1_b5pzcg

I don't care what anyone thinks cause I'm pretty cool!!!
Vote for my Fan Characters: http://www.flipline.com/kcp19/dofxdowzdpa
Wrestler of the Week: None!!
KitKatExtreme [Aug 16 12:31 AM]:   bleep me with a chainsaw
Dorothea
orbit
Pizza Topper

hyejooooooooooo~

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »

SZA - Broken Clocks

I'd like to see what you think about this song. Sorry I can't provide links, the forum won't let me.

stan loona x

they keep talking, i keep walking
Lil Nas Flex
Forum Meme Master
Restaurant Pro

when the pizza rolls aren't done

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 12:52:39 AM »

Review Eagles - One Of These Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-7tqIlnLI

Abu
Radley's Rival

Complicated.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »

Review Rumour Has It by Adele.

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

This account is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »

Since I asked Question about his opinion on it, review Anderson .Paak - Bubblin.

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
Oofis
Papa's Replacement

I am an oofis.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:54 PM »

Gonna make these quick since I wasn't expecting to have this many requests in a single day
I want to see your opinion on Katelyn Tarver's Labels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhc1_b5pzcg
It's certainly interesting, but there are some strange elements in the instrumentation that definitely should have been removed or replaced. What even is that synth choice? 2/5
SZA - Broken Clocks

I'd like to see what you think about this song. Sorry I can't provide links, the forum won't let me.
I'm generally pretty forgiving towards SZA, who can sing better than most when it comes to trap influenced R&B. This song is decent, but I have heard better from SZA before, particularly a remix of the Weekend which I love. 3/5
Review Eagles - One Of These Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-7tqIlnLI
I'll probably lose credibility for this one, but surely it's not the end of the world if I say I'm not a huge fan of this. Yes it does have a guitar solo and yes that does automatically give the song bonus points, and yes it does have other real instruments and yes that also gives bonus points. Other than that, I'll probably forget this song exists in a day or two, it sounds like album filler even if it was apparently a number 1 hit. 3/5
Review Rumour Has It by Adele.
Okay, this one I like a bit more. It's not Adele's best song, but it's probably up there, with the massive chorus, booming drums and distant yet compelling vocals, and then the breakdown and the bridge which may be a bit lengthy, but it does make sense in the context of the song. 4/5
Since I asked Question about his opinion on it, review Anderson .Paak - Bubblin.
And here's one where I'm sadly not as impressed. This is the type of rap that can either end up really great or really bad, and this isn't really bad per se, but it's certainly close. I don't know whether this is Anderson Paak's normal vocal style but it really doesn't do anything for him here, and I swear I've already heard this exact flow somewhere before in another song. I will give bonus points for attempting to have some lyrical creativity though. 1/5

In other news, the Top 20 ranked has been updated and TWITWOM will be updated tomorrow

Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:23 AM »

Another review request (hopefully I'm not annoying you too much). This time I would like to see a review of Only You by Little Mix and Cheat Codes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYNCudIiZyw

I don't care what anyone thinks cause I'm pretty cool!!!
Vote for my Fan Characters: http://www.flipline.com/kcp19/dofxdowzdpa
Wrestler of the Week: None!!
KitKatExtreme [Aug 16 12:31 AM]:   bleep me with a chainsaw
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »

Review Lorde - Liability.

Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
Dorothea
orbit
Pizza Topper

hyejooooooooooo~

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »

Lorde - Homemade Dynamite REMIX (ft. Khalid, SZA, Post Malone)

stan loona x

they keep talking, i keep walking
Lil Nas Flex
Forum Meme Master
Restaurant Pro

when the pizza rolls aren't done

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 12:54:27 PM »

Review Juice Wrld - Lucid Dreams

Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 02:43:42 PM »

ooh that's a good one

Oofis
Papa's Replacement

I am an oofis.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 03:31:52 PM »

Another review request (hopefully I'm not annoying you too much). This time I would like to see a review of Only You by Little Mix and Cheat Codes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYNCudIiZyw
Nah you're not annoying me at all, the more the merrier as they say. As for the song, I want to draw comparisons to Cheat Codes' last hit, No Promises with Demi Lovato, which was a decent tune that showed Demi Lovato could pull off EDM if she so wished. Little Mix on the other hand, are much better off in their current lane. Pop works for the girls, and in this song they prove that EDM just doesn't. It's pretty basic and generic all round until the screechy drop which doesn't help with anything. 1/5
Review Lorde - Liability.
Okay look, as a New Zealander myself, it would make sense to think I'd be a fan of Lorde, but the truth is, I've never really been into her. Her first hits, Royals and Tennis Court, were just terrible, so it was a shock to me the first time I found out the general consensus in the critic realm was positive towards these songs. She does have some great songs like Team and Green Light though, so could Liability be up there with those songs? Well there is certainly a lot to like about this, the bare bones piano melody puts the vocals in the spotlight they deserve, and the writing is head and shoulders above her peers, but I might even go as far as saying these positives backfire towards the end. Lorde's drony voice has always been a turnoff for me, and her Maori inflections at the end of each chorus are utterly ridiculous. Other than that, it's a pretty good song I guess. 3/5
When this first came out I had only heard one song from each of the featured artists, which were good in the case of Khalid (Location) and SZA (What Lovers Do), but really bad in the cast of Post Malone (Congratulations). So it baffles me how much Khalid and SZA phoned it in on this. I get that this is a Lorde song and all, but that really doesn't mean you're allowed to slack off on the vocals. If anything I'd say Post Malone made the most effort here, and his feature also made a lot more sense, this is supposed to be an upbeat anthem, so give me upbeat artists. Khalid and SZA are far better off in their own styles. Also I have to mention that stupid dynamite impression from Lorde at the end of the song. That was so out of place. 2/5
Review Juice Wrld - Lucid Dreams
So I still have no idea who this guy is or how he got so big so quick, but fine, let's review what I'm certain will be his one hit wonder. It's not a good song, we'll get that out of the way first. I mean it's not bad for someone who's trying so hard to be the black Post Malone, but Post is a bad artist, why would you even try to be like him? Looking at the content, I can see a bit of maturity and self awareness in the hook and verses, but when you have lines like 'I can't change you so I must replace you' or 'I'll do it over again', that's concerning when you realize this was a bad relationship, and there's likely a good reason for the girl wanting him dead. Overall I'd say this is just Post Malone's Rockstar if it was actually about something. 2/5

Ianiant
FC Maker
Better Than Papa!

R.I.P. Elemenopee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »

Can you review Mine Diamonds? Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgha9S39Y6M

Check out my AWESOME FC's (and maybe ask them a question):
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24278.0

"We dodm." Matt 2:39
Abu
Radley's Rival

Complicated.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »

What is your opinion on No Roots by Alice Merton?

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.