Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   
Print
Author Topic: Bidding Topic (Bidding Status: Closed)  (Read 6555 times)
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2018, 09:02:31 AM »

I have a serious question. What's with the cancelled Widow's Origins? Can it be re-opened, as I'm Shendelzare?
It most likely got cancelled because you deleted your account after the whole award thing. I’ll later go discuss in private with certain others on their opinion on this. For now… yeah idk.

DeluxeFaith
Winner~KCP 2017
Papa's Replacement

~Live Life to the Fullest~

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »

Question: when you do plan on closing the bid submissions and beginning the bidding pool? You never specified a closure time.

Order from my Scooperia! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43212.new#new
Drop by my Q&A and ask a question! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41567.new#new
Take a look at my FCs! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41920.0
More Stuff:
Game Ranks:
Papa's Burgeria - Rank 2
Papa's Scooperia - Rank 68
Papa's Cupcakeria HD - Rank 21
TWG Stats:
XCVII: Lunatic Asylum - Rerolled (Role: Human)
XCVII: Lunatic Asylum [Reroll] - Game ended early | Fool Wins (Role: Wolfsbane)
XCVIII: Locked and Loaded - Lost/Wolfed Night 5 | Wolves Win (Role: Fool)
CV: The Sea-Sun of Visitations - Won+MVP/Survived to the End | Wolves Win (Role: Disguised Wolf)
CVI: Dostoevsky's Exile - Lost/Ignited Night 4 | Wolves Win (Role: Lev)

CVIII: Return to the Courtroom - Lost/Lynched Day 2 | Town Wins (Role: Murderer)
CIX: Back to Basics - Won+MVP/Survived to the End | Wolves Win (Role: Wolf)
CX: Kainu Mosir - Lost+Wolf MVP/Lynched Day 1 | Town Wins (Role: Fluffy Bird Wolf)
CXI: Wait For It - Lost/Lynched Night 2 | Arsonist/Maniac Win (Role: Brutal Wolf)

CXII: The Penitentiary - HOST | Wolves Win
CXIII: Mirai - Lost/Wolfed Night 1 | Wolves Win (Role: Human)
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »

Well, how Kowhai did it, was to do it at the end of a game, then began the bidding poll at the end of the next game. So, at the end of KK’s or Prem’s game, bidding submissions will end and we will began voting.

Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 08:06:03 PM »

Well, how Kowhai did it, was to do it at the end of a game, then began the bidding poll at the end of the next game. So, at the end of KK’s or Prem’s game, bidding submissions will end and we will began voting.
Is there any reason we can't start voting now with the bids that have already been submitted and then keep it open? It will allow us to have new games ready to play faster.

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
LXXXIX - Win - Disguised Wolf
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCV - Game Died - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
XCIX - Win and MVP - Angakkuq
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIII - Loss - Disguised Wolf
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVII - Lose - Seer/Servant/Human
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
CXI - Win and MVP - Arsonist
CXII - Win and MVP - Espionage Wolf
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
doesn't pick name with most votes
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »

Is there any reason we can't start voting now with the bids that have already been submitted and then keep it open? It will allow us to have new games ready to play faster.
We still have other games in the queue remember? KK’s, Prem’s, Blast Burn’s, and Burn’s games. I doubt we will run out of games while we are voting on these bids.

Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 08:28:34 PM »

Except I'm kind of doubtful of people coming back to shrink their games, I just don't think people are that proactive

We're going to end up doing a different hosting poll for every game, and I think it would be better to host the newer games first while we wait for a host to be chosen and the game to be shrunk

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:44 PM »

Except I'm kind of doubtful of people coming back to shrink their games, I just don't think people are that proactive

We're going to end up doing a different hosting poll for every game, and I think it would be better to host the newer games first while we wait for a host to be chosen and the game to be shrunk
For now, we know that KK isn’t going to play TWG, so Sky will attempt to shrink it down (if not, we abandon it). Prem and Blast Burn have been informed about having to shrink down their games. The only person that we don’t know if they plan on continuing TWG is Burn (Hamilton). I’ll message him and hopefully he answers around before voting ends. If he doesn’t answer, we may just cancel his game.

Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

This account is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »

Bidding hype.

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
DeluxeFaith
Winner~KCP 2017
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »

Bidding hype.

Order from my Scooperia! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43212.new#new
Drop by my Q&A and ask a question! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41567.new#new
More Stuff:
Game Ranks:
Papa's Burgeria - Rank 2
TWG Stats:
CV: The Sea-Sun of Visitations - Won+MVP/Survived to the End | Wolves Win (Role: Disguised Wolf)

CVIII: Return to the Courtroom - Lost/Lynched Day 2 | Town Wins (Role: Murderer)
CX: Kainu Mosir - Lost+Wolf MVP/Lynched Day 1 | Town Wins (Role: Fluffy Bird Wolf)
CXI: Wait For It - Lost/Lynched Night 2 | Arsonist/Maniac Win (Role: Brutal Wolf)

Rias
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »

Gotta be honest, I'm more of a host-type not a player-type lol, as I stay much longer

"The first strike decides the battle."
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »

Bidding is now closed, and voting shall start.
4 bids have been submitted… (Wow):
Spanish Sun:
TWG: Spanish Sun

As centuries have passed, there has existed a legend of a mythical shrine dedicated to the Spanish goddess of the sun. According to said legend...
"The temple's magnificence is glorified by the pure rays of the Spanish sun, unveiling an elaborate shrine of powerful totems that carry either curses or blessings. By night, the shrine falls to ruin, crumbling down upon its foundation, only to be awoken by a kiss from the next dawn."
Such a temple had never been come across by human beings, and archaeologists never could excavate anything that hinted at the shrine's existence. The passage of time didn't cease, and the legend fell to despair, until a group of 14 or 13 or 12 individuals disproved the legend's controversy and affirmed the shrine's existence. By nightfall, they witnessed the temple's rapid weathering, and the ruins reflected under the raw moonlight appealed as a suitable hideout for a few of the...more furry members of the group.

Totem's Fate Gimmick:
Spoiler:
Upon the game's initiation, each player receives a single totem which effect is unbeknownst to them. There are three potential effects that the totems can have:
  • Ultimate Blessing - grants a player total immunity from lynches, wolves, and totem curses for the next day and night
  • Blessing - enables a player's lynch vote to count for 3 the next day
  • Curse - the next day, the player accumulates 3 additional lynch votes against them
What the player decides to do with their totem is entirely up to them. They can choose to open it on any day or night they want, or they can grant its effects onto a different player (aka that different player would open the totem). No player may possess more than one totem at the start of the game, but players may have the ability to open more than one totem during the game.
Roles:
Human - Participates actively in lynch discussions by using evidence they can derive throughout the game to uncover the wolves. Has no special abilities.
Human
Knot Expert - Will not die the first time they receive the most lynch votes.
Disguised Wolf - A wolf that appears green in Seer checks.

Seer - Each night can choose to see one player's color.
Sacred Protector (Guardian) - Each night, can choose a player to guard.
NEW! Totem Mechanic - Three times per game, can switch the effects of an unopened totem. They can select the player and the effect that they give their totem. Loses one opportunity with each attempted switch.
Psycho - Once per game, can activate Psycho Mode. Anyone who visits them that night will die.

Wolf - Every night, decides to wolf a town or independent role along with the rest of the wolves. Has no special abilities.
Brutal Wolf - When lynched, will kill an additional town or independent role.
Confrere Wolf - Once per game, can check a player. If the player has a special ability, the Confrere Wolf will be able to use it once. The original player will not lose any uses of their role.
Mason - A Human who appears red in Seer checks. Thinks they're Human.

Amnesiac - Once per game, can remember the role of a dead player. They will become that role and take that role's win condition.
NEW! Gold Digger - Obsessed with acquiring all of the temple's treasures. Three times per game, can interrupt an opening of a totem and acquire it. Loses one opportunity per attempted acquisition. Wins and beats all if they make it to the end and that all totems they acquire do not grant a curse. Loses if they die, don't acquire all three totems, or if they acquire a Cursed Totem.

Town:Wolf:Independent Ratio - 9:4:1 (Town Amnesiac) or 8:5:1 (Wolf Amnesiac)

Potential Modifications:
Spoiler:
13-Player Game (Removing one Human)
12-Player Game (Removing one Human and Brutal Wolf)
Stats
PM's Allowed?:
Yes
Phase Duration: 48 hrs Day/24 hrs Night
Game Begins On: Night 1
Posting Requirements: Make at least one non-lynch-related post during the day and one post during the night. If we have a waiting list for players to substitute then you'll be replaced if you go 3 consecutive phases without fulfilling the requirements; if there's no waiting list, you'll be modkilled.
Self-Targetting Allowed?: No
Inhumans:
An alien attack left many of the population of Earth with special traits, which only show themselves when visited by the mystical Diviner.

Inhuman - if visited by the Diviner receives a special ability from the list below; doesn't know they're inhuman until they transform
Inhuman
Inhuman
Inhuman
Human - if visited by the Diviner, nothing happens; just a standard human
Human
Human

Field Agent - is alerted each night that someone transforms
Diviner - each night can choose someone to visit; if they are an inhuman or inwolf, the person will receive a random special ability; if they aren't, nothing happens; the Diviner can only be killed by the Hive Wolf

Inwolf - if visited by the Diviner, they transform and receive a random special ability
Wolf - just an ordinary wolf
Hive Wolf - has the power to kill the Diviner (in addition to the nightly kill, but it can only be used once

PMs are not allowed, except between wolves.
You can only be transformed once.

Abilities:

Shock - publicly reveal someone's role
Vision - find out someone's color
Lash - kill someone at night
Quake - be immune from lynching once
Absorb - be immune from being killed at night once

Stats
PM's Allowed?: No
Phase Duration: 48 hrs maximum Day/24 hrs Night
Posting Requirements: Make at least one non-lynch-related post during the day and one post during the night. If we have a waiting list for players to substitute then you'll be replaced if you go 3 consecutive phases without fulfilling the requirements; if there's no waiting list, you'll be modkilled.
The Jailkeeper:
TWG: The Jailkeeper

Game Starts On: Day 1
Phase Lengths: 48/24
Posting Requirement: At least 3 posts per day phase, or you will be subbed in.
PM Communication: Only the wolves may communicate outside of the thread in PMs.
Wolf Kills: The wolf kill will be done by whatever wolf is highest up on the role list (in this case we know the regular wolf is the highest up at the beginning of the game). That means only that wolf will be the only one seen making a kill to a Warden, and if they are roleblocked the wolves can't kill, etc.
Self Targetting: None of the roles can self target.

Human
Human
Human
Human
Human
Human

Seer
Warden
Jailkeeper
- Can "jail" someone each night. When jailed, their target will be guarded and roleblocked simultaneously. They will only know they have been jailed if they are attacked and/or they have an ability they want to use that night.

Wolf
Random Wolf
- Possible Candidates: Wolf, Disguised Wolf, Brutal Wolf, Wolf Shaman, Dauber Wolf, Psychotic Wolf, Decoy Wolf, Eidetic Wolf, Confrere Wolf, Hypnowolf, Trickster Wolf
Random Wolf

Random Independent - Possible Candidates: Amnesiac, Maniac, Fool, Arsonist, Executioner, Clairvoyant, Oracle, Pathogen (can only kill one player after 60% is infected)
Title TBD:
With my days left in the dark, I have no choice but to leave the town after I got kicked from the school for no good reason at all (no, it really happened...) and I reach places that I'm yet to discover. Despite of these flashbacks on my head, I miss a few people: cypher, D-Walker and the one who dumped me well but gives me a chance if she could ever will, however she won't ever do it. Though I got exhausted over the adventure, I passed out on a dark town.

There I woke up within a mansion which is full of darkness, some windows broken thanks to the incident back then, and there was this mysterious woman in a purple hair who still up, if I remember correctly, her name was Ayako, though she left me with something to eat. Good thing she took care of me temporarily until my belongings are good as new and I would be prepared for another journey.

Sadly, one time happened, all Mansion townsfolk have retreated from their respective rooms once an alarm has been set by an idiot Wolf, giving them enough time to retaliate. But there's something that I could rather understand what's going on, the Wolves were hunting down a mysterious woman called Widow Schrond, but it's not the same person, but her conspiracy files and what was real behind her. Of course, they actually started from their respective rooms I even forgot about, so I run to where Widow (real nickname was Martha, real name Morrigan Witherwood) actually dragged me onto back then.

Weird enough none of these wolves target me, nor they can fight them at a bright day, sadly they don't have good technologies back then, there was just an Archiver who had the list of all attendees who are present on the current onslaught. She randomly lists anyone who seemed "Human" or anyone who seemed "Wolf" according to her own discretion. So there are the names of attendees, three of which is currently missing in action the Archiver even forgot to sort it due to panic.

Bae "Benji" Ho-Seong, pro gamer
Clara Bischoff, pro gamer
Amber Reckonn, pyromaniac
Katarina Yamarov, military strategist
Marz Satsuki, psychic
Harold Gagarin, holy knight
Edith Lightsworn, martial artist
Jenna Ranallo, freight forwarder
Quattro Sigundo (real name Quattro Sinque), comedian
Aimee Cope, unknown
Martha Solanki, model
Miranda Orlando Mitnick, sharpshooter
Calvin McCloud, swordsman
Dylan Lysenberg, swordsman
Neilson Truesdale, undercover
Jin Zhin-Hao, engineer
Job Manuel, basketball player
Erikah Mabayo, bailed out

I guess I have to dig on her origins so that I'll examine it with the police before the Wolves did... or do the Wolves have better intentions than I do? Do the wolves have to kill me when they found out my intentions...? I don't know ever, but I have to do it.

TWISTS:
Pitch Black
- The theme is like somewhere in dark depths where those who investigate do not exist, all roles are black due to core investigative roles (Seer and the like) are not present, and the Blackout twist applies.

Archiver
- Each player will have a random name given by the host. All of the names will be listed on a separate list which they are categorized whichever they're "Human" or "Wolf".
- Archiver will act as Seer, which it can only check that person's name instead of color. Each odd nights however, (s)he will get two names instead of one, giving its confusion.
- Note that not all Humans, and not all Wolves are correctly categorized, and all Neutrals will be placed on a random category.

NORMAL # OF PLAYERS: 15
OVERFLOW PLAYERS: 18

Human
Human
Human
Strategist - Can protect himself twice over the course of the game, but was a Human.

Archiver
Dark Coroner - Like the normal Coroner, but can only receive a minor but "gibberish" clue (by means of other languages, especially done by a poor translator) of the dead's role at night.
Necromancer
Guardian
Wanderer

Wolf
Wolf
Brutal Wolf

Fool / Maniac / Unstable
Refugee
Valkyrie - Can only protect herself twice over the course of the game. Wins until the end, along with the randomly specified "Valkyrie's Interest" target (can be anyone but Independents). Cannot know her target.

OVERFLOW ROLES:
Warden
Human / Cowardly Wolf
Fool / Maniac / Unstable

- The title is currently determined, whether it will be placed on another poll or not.
- Valkyrie role will be placed on a poll first, whether if it's going to be played or it'll be replaced with another Neutral Biased role.

Voting will now start. Our first bid to be voted on is Spanish Sun. Remember that you vote by posting in the topic, if you vote No you must provide a valid reason, and if you vote Yes when someone else has voted no, you must address the points raised by the No-voter if they haven't already. Each bid will be voted on for two days, and a new bid will start voting on the second day, so that there will be two bids being voted on at any one time.
Good luck to all bidders.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:54:03 PM by DeluxePizza » Logged

DeluxeFaith
Winner~KCP 2017
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »

I vote Yes on this bid. The introduction story is enticing, and I wonder just how the stories would be during each day/night phase by whomever's bid this is. The Totem's Fate gimmick seems rather unique and it'd definitely add an element of surprise and an element of difficulty to play. What fun is a game without a sense of heightened difficulty?

The two new roles seem like interesting additions and I think that their abilities and win conditions are reasonable, especially for the Gold Digger. There's so many factors that the Gold Digger has to keep in mind that, if they manage to fulfill all of their requirements, they definitely deserve to win and override all others. For the Totem Mechanic, it's to my understanding that if they try to switch a player's totem to the effect that it already is, it stays the same and they lose one attempt. Is that correct @bidder?

Note on the modification, though, for the 12-player modification wouldn't it be better to remove the Wolf as opposed to the Brutal Wolf? I think that makes it more fair on the wolves; everyone else tell me if you agree.

More Stuff:
Game Ranks:
Papa's Burgeria - Rank 2
TWG Stats:

Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »

I vote yes.

I think the gimmick is interesting and well-balanced.

However, I agree with Faith that the normal wolf should be taken out.

And also, if this passes, I think we should just start with 12 roles unless we somehow get 14 really quickly.

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »

I vote yes for the same reasons by Faithesque and Green.

Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

The bidder requested to add this to give more info. on the bid. Still on yes for me.

More info.:
Stats
PM's Allowed?:
Yes
Phase Duration: 48 hrs Day/24 hrs Night
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:59:07 PM by DeluxePizza » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.