Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: Be Careful What You Wish For: A Panda Hero Fanfic  (Read 2871 times)
Panda Hero
Sundae Master

<Insert Personal Text Here>

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »

It's raining outside. Heavy rain drops fall onto the rooftop and slide off, creating puddles adorned with tiny splashes from the rain. The sky has turned a dark grey with rain clouds, concealing the bright, sunny warmth of the sun.
 Mandi emerges from her cocoon of blankets, the faint sound of thunder claps and falling rain coaxing her into consciousness. Dim light peeks through her pink curtains, sadly greeting the sleepy girl. She sits there for a moment, thinking about sleeping in on this rainy Sunday. Even though she has come up with great arguments on why she shouldn't, she crawls out of her bed and stumbles into some white trousers and a light pink turtle neck. Mandi washes the sleep from her eyes with cold water and starts the day with a nice breakfast of leftover pancake from Papa's Pancakeria. She doesn't bother with heating it, being to lazy to even make herself coffee.
 Eating there alone in front of her TV, Mandi was barely aware of the events outside her window, when she was caught mid-yawn with a ground shaking thunder clap. That startled what remaining tiredness out of her, at the same time nearly choking her. She rushed to the trashcan in a coughing fit before spitting the chewed up pancake bite out and collapsing back on her couch.
 Mandi sighed. Today was going to be boring. A boring, rainy day spent hiding under the warm shelter of her covers. Everything seemed gray and gloomy, as if everything wanted to sleep in, too, and sent  dull, gray clones to fill in. Being the optimistic little girl she was, she decided not to spend the day moping and groaning and moaning, like the tiny amount of pessimistic sadness inside of her.
 Seeing there was nothing to do to complete her goal inside her apartment, she grabbed an umbrella and headed outside. She decided to go to the shopping side of the town, where all the shops are, because she felt in the shopping mood.
 Once she arrived, Mandi went straight for the clothing shops, wanting to add some more clothes to her wardrobe. Inside, she bought two stylish shirts, two new matching jeans, a pair of shoes, and some jewelry. She could carry the shopping bags in one hand, arm technically, so it would be easy to move around. After an hour or two of window shopping, drooling at the cakes in the windows of the bakery, peeking inside of closed stores, and hopping around in the rain with her bags under a tree, Mandi saw a small shop named Raven Charms. The windows looked tinted but golden moons and stars decorated the glass. Mandi stopped and decided whether or not she wanted to go in. After a moment of pondering, she did out of curiosity.
 Inside the shop was magnificent, with dim lighting and candles illuminating the room, magical looking decorations hung from the ceilings, and a live raven with jet black feathers stood perched on a branch that looks as if it grew out of the wall, though the shop wreaked of dust. The shop was eerily cold and felt scary and set Mandi on edge. But the scenery really made up for most of it. Beautiful home decorations were lined up neatly along the shelves, bottles filled with colorful liquids were tucked away in a corner, and statuettes were everywhere. Mandi was particularly fascinated with a small clay figurine. A glossy deep green pearl sat in the middle of the sculpture, in between a clay woman's hands. The woman looked so real, every detail defined, every color perfect, her eyes staring longingly into the orb. Mandi herself was lost in the pretty hue of the pearl.
 A demanding yet delicate voice startled Mandi, nearly knocking over the statuette. "That's the Lady's Orb. It grants every wish, and more."
 Mandi froze in her steps and turned around. A pretty woman with sapphire blue eyes and black locks of hair fell over her shoulders. She wore a dark dress that fit the rest of the store making Mandi look like a bright pink light bulb in the middle of a pitch black room shining brightly against the darkness.
 "Welcoming to the Raven's Charms." the woman said in an enchanting voice, gesturing to the raven that sat upon the branch. "Every statuette, potion, and spell guaranteed success." She gave a haunting grin, almost an evil smile, to Mandi, who hesitated to respond.
 "T-this is a magic store? I had thought this is a, um, furniture store." Mandi stuttered. She pointed to the figurine she had been looking at. "I mean, this store has many, uh, beautiful decorations. This one," Mandi said, picking the sculpture up. "This one would look perfect in my home."
 The woman studied Mandi and smirked. "Oh, darling. The Lady's Orb is no home decoration. It is a powerful object of magic. As I said before, it can grant every wish and more. If you keep this beauty around, you will be bound to regret it."
 Mandi looked at the woman in disbelief, obviously not acknowledging the 'powerful object of magic' part. Or the 'grant every wish and more part.' "Why would I regret not keeping this?" Mandi picked up the figurine gently. "I would love more than anything in the world to keep this."
 The woman's grin faded. She glanced at the crow and than at Mandi. The crow flew over and perched itself on the woman's shoulder. "And you are sure about this?"
 "Extra sure."
 The woman sighed. "The price for the Lady's Orb is $175."
 Mandi nearly dropped the figurine. "$175? There must be some mistake. I do not have enough money for this?"
 The woman shook her head.
 Mandi sighed. "Oh well." she said setting the figure down. "I wish I could take you home." Suddenly, the orb glowed faintly and then faded back to its regular color. The woman's expression changed.
 "Alright. I'll let you have it for free." she exclaimed.
 "Really?" Mandi was surprised by the sudden change of heart.
 "Of course." the woman said. "But, I must warn you. Be careful what you wish for."
 Mandi nodded picking up the statuette and starting to head for the door. "I will, ma'am. I'll be extra careful." Mandi closed the door behind her leaving the lady and the crow behind.
 Outside, it was still raining, pouring rather. It was hard to see and Mandi couldn't remember how to get home with all the rain. Mandi sat at the bus stop, figurine in hand, waiting for a bus. But no bus came. "I wish the bus came right now." The figurine's orb glowed and then stopped. Suddenly, a bus came, with a free spot underneath the heater. Mandi got on and watched as everything else went rushing by. The bus stopped a few feet away from her house, giving Mandi an easy access to her home. Mandi rushed in, setting the figurine on the table and her bags on the sofa. Relieved and exhausted from the rain, she flicked on the TV, collapsed on the couch, and watched until the sun went down. Mandi already fell asleep, the TV still on and the sculpture sitting on the table.

TO BE CONTINUED.
God. This took half an hour, and I'm still not done. I'll write more when I'm not tired.

Chuck Norris Loves Panda Hero
noname
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:25 PM »

You miht be the next Peters.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:47:47 AM »

This is a great fan fiction. Keep writing!

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Panda Hero
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »

I will keep writing but I don't have as much free time as Mandi.  Hmm

Part two will be up later/tomorrow. Sorry to keep you guys waiting.  Roll Eyes

Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »

bump

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

PeppermintLeaf
no time for tea
Better Than Papa!

Another qt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

I lurk in the shadows >w>)
Vinnie
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »

next Peters

you got fan games and fan fics mixed up
DoctorCheesecake
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »

next Peters

I came here to say that, but it appears you said it already. :p
noname
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »

next Peters

I came here to say that, but it appears you said it already. :p

Peters makes fanfics better than fan games. Tell me who made The Quinn's Business AND Crossed Parallel Lives. Before fanfiction was really even made here.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »

Crossed Parallel Lives was a parody of LAWKI. He asked me permission to make it. I still have the PM. The Quinn's Business was so full of spelling errors I couldn't read it.

So, IMO, his fan games are much better.

Panda Hero
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »

Soooooooo, it's been FOREVER since I 'promised' I'd have part two up. It's spring break now and I'll have, like, five days off! BUT... I have a report I have to do for school, meanwhile. I've also wanted to get back into drawing, a secret talent I have, so I don't think I'll have as much time to write part two. I'm not making promises, but I will (hopefully) have part two up by the end of this next week. I'm so horrible with time...

Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.