Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Author Topic: The Adventures of Joey and the Rocks Chapter 6  (Read 2173 times)
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

Time for Onionfest!! Under orders of Kaiser Onion.

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »

The Mystery         Chapter 1:         The Arrest                By Brother E
      The Police brought out the criminal out in hand cuffs to the prison van. The thief was a wild one with a red mask, black hair, and strange clothes. The Police chief, Chief Anderson, walked up to the hero that apprehended the criminal to them.
"Thank you, Miss Ninjoy. We wrong about you the past. Thank's for giving us this crazy crook."
"Your welcome," said Ninjoy, the ninja hero, "Where are you going to put him?"
"In the city prison," replied the chief.
Ninjoy walked away swiftly into the alley.
 Chief Anderson turned to Papa Louie, the city's chef.
"No need to worry, Mr. Louie, this thief won't steal from your shops anymore."
"Thank you Chief," replied Papa Louie, "You can come and eat for free at the Scooperia tomorrow."
"Thanks, Mr. Louie," said the chief, gratefully. He then turned to the Detective,
"Okay, Joey, lock him up."
"Sure thing Chief," obeyed the Jr. Detective, who then turned to Moe the Dynamo, "Alright Dynamo, time to get locked up."
Moe the Dynamo chuckled, "If you think it's going to be that easy, you got something coming."
"We'll see about that," said Joey, who slammed the van door shut, "But now your going to prison."
Joey patted the back of the truck. The driver knew it meant "OK" and drove away. Chief Anderson got into his chief police car and followed. Joey, Radford, and the rest of the officers did the same.
On top of one of the buildings stood Ninjoy, watching the blue lights drive away.  
   End of Chapter 1

Here's my Flipverse Fiction story. Hope you'll enjoy it!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:01:31 PM by JEBZ Komics » Logged

FlippingOcFanatic
Restaurant Legend

Mardi Gras

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »

I want to see more, it's getting interesting.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:01:15 PM »

I want to see more, it's getting interesting.
Thanks!

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »

Chapter 2:            Papa's Scooperia
     It was a beautiful morning as lines were building up for the new store, Papa's Scooperia. Scooter and Jessica finished ordering their order.
"Thanks, Carlo," said Scooter, handing him the payment.
"You're welcome, man," replied Carlo.
They walked over to find a spot to sit down. The shop was extremely busy today. They walked past Koliee, who was serving customers. At last they found a empty table and sat down.
"Sure is busy today," mentioned Scooter a he dug into his ice cream cookie mound.
"Yes," replied Jessica, "Papa Louie's new shop seems to be doing pretty well."
Just as Scooter was going to say something else, they heard a familiar voice.
"Hey Scooter, hey Jessie!"
It was Heather, with Andrew following behind. Heather came a sat down on the seat next to Scooter. Andrew sat by Jessica.
"Hey, what's new today," questioned Jessica.
"Not much," answered Andrew, "Except for yesterday, remember?"
"Oh, yes," remembered Scooter, "Chief Anderson caught Moe the Dynamoe. With the help from the ninja, Ninjoy."
"They're taking him to the city prison," said Heather, "He's open for visitors for specific times."
Jessica looked around the shop, "The Scooperia is doing well."
"Yeah," said Andrew, "Papa Louie knows how to run restaurants." He turned to Scooter and Jessica, "What are you guys doing today?"
"Well," answered Scooter, "I have to get back to the auto shop today. I'm going to get a raise."
"That's good!" exclaimed Andrew, "What about you Jessie?"
"Nothing, really," replied Jessica, "I just got to go to the bank to pay of this bill."
"I got to go down to the diving institution class to find some big pearls," said Andrew, "But Heather has to..."
Heather cut him of, "Yes! I'm almost late for gymnastic training today!"
She got of her seat quickly, "I'll see you guys later," she said as she slung her bag around her arm and hurried out the door.
Andrew got up, "I best better be going to," he said and got up and stretched. "See you guys later."
"See you later," said Scooter and Jessica, waving.
Andrew walked out of the door to the shop. Scooter and Jessica then finished their ice cream cookie and left Papa's Scooperia.

The end of Chapter 2.

Here's chapter 2 of my story!   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:37:36 PM by JEBZ Komics » Logged

Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »

seems like it's interesting, mostly conversations but it's not that hard to read, the grammar's good

PSEUDORANDOM SURVIVOR FLIPLINE! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44030.msg2055400#msg2055400

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.
(in response to "I insert a jack-o-lantern." I wanna see a jill-a-torch ROFL)

Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

seems like it's interesting, mostly conversations but it's not that hard to read, the grammar's good
Thanks! There will be action though!  Wink

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »

Chapter 3            The Secret                    Made by Brother E
      Heather breathed hard. She held her arms out to keep from falling. The board was only six inches least, at the most. She then did a backward flip. Then an another, and another, trying not to fall of the board. She did the last flip and jumped of the board. She tucked her legs in and flipped in the air. Then, she landed with both two feet on the ground.
"Well done, Heather!" cheered her gymnastic coach, "You did those flips very well."
"Thank you, Miss Hampton," responded Heather, catching her breath.
She picked her towel and walked over to the benches and sat down. Wiping the sweat of her forehead, she looked out to watch one of her teammates. Her teammate got her hand all dust coated then jumped up and grabbed the bar. Then after a few flips and spins, she let go of the bar and landed nicely on the ground.
"That was good, Joy," said the coach, "Nice Work."
Joy thanked the coach, then walked up to the bench and sat down next to Heather. Heather noticed she wasn't in her best mood.
"Hey, that was good Joy," said Heather, trying to cheer her up.
"Yes, I guess," responded Joy
Heather spoke up, "What's the matter Joy, you don't seem yourself today?"
"It's nothing," said Joy, who took a drink of water.
Heather was silent for a minute, but decided to change the subject.
"Do you remember what happened yesterday," she asked, "Chief Anderson, and Radford caught Moe the Dynamoe. My brother Joey was there too to help."
This seemed to make Joy a bit more upset. Heather knew that.
"Uh...they even had help from Ninjoy, the ninja," she sputtered.
Joy spoke up,
"Heather, don't you think that Moe the Dynamoe is really that bad. I mean, he never hurt anyone, only stole."
Heather didn't really know what to say,
"Uh, maybe. I don't know. But why does that bother you?"
"Never mind, it really doesn't." said Joy, quickly.
"Does it," asked Heather, quietly.
"No, no. I was just talking," responded Joy.
Heather was going to say more when she heard someone call her name,
"Hey, Heather," It was Scooter. "Andrew asked me to pick you up."
"Oh, okay." said Heather, "Bye, Joy!"
"Bye, Heather!" said Joy, waving.
Heather walked over to Scooter, but she kept looking back and Joy.
"Is something wrong, Heather," asked Scooter.
"Oh, no. It's nothing. Let's go." repplied Heather.

The end of chapter 3.      Chapter 3's ready. Smiley

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »

Chapter 4:    The Chase                 By Brother E
         Heather and Scooter got home a few minutes later. Jessica and Andrew were already there, watching the Nowtime News. Duke Gotcha was speaking, with Shannon at his side. Heather flung around the couch arm and sat on the couch.
"Anything new going on," she asked.
"Not much," answered Jessica, "Except for the Dynamoe incident."
"Yeah," said Andrew, "Wish there was a way we could find out who he's working for."
Scooter sat up, "I know, we go to the place where the robberies are happening and sneak around."
"Are you sure," said Heather.
"Yeah, then we might find out what they been doing there," exclaimed Scooter.
"Okay," replied Andrew, "But let's use extreme caution and bring a camera to take pictures on."
"Alright," said Scooter, excited, "Let's go tonight then!"

That night, the team went into action. They walked down to the place of the robberies and looked around.
"Where do we start," asked Jessica.
"Right there," replied Scooter, pointing to an alley.
The friends crept down the dark, dank alley quietly. Andrew looked up. The buildings seemed to loom over him. Jessica saw shadows that looked like monsters. Heather thought she heard footsteps every now and then. Scooter then mentioned everyone to stop. He crept down behind a dumpster and peered over it. The other ducked behind the dumpster too. Ahead of them were a group of people gathered around.
"To bad Dynamoe got picked up," one said.
"Yeah," said another, "Oh, well. I guess we'll have to get the money ourselves."
Then one man, dressed in a trench coat and fedora, stepped up.
"Dynamoe messed up in his part," he said, "But were not. Am I right!"
"Right!" chimed the four other crooks.
"We're going to steal the most prized possession of this city, the downtown museum sapphire!"  
"Yeah!" the cheered.
Scooter looked back at the others.
"Did you hear that," he questioned.
"Yes," replied Heather, "We better tell the police, fast!"
"Okay," said Andrew, "Let me snap a few photos first, to give to the police."
Just then they heard growling from behind them. Jessica turned around and screamed. A big, black dog was snarling and hissing at them. Scooter thought it looked like it could eat them right now!
"What's going on over there," one of the men asked.
"RUN!!!" shouted Scooter.
They dashed down another alley right past the dog. The dog took after them at fast speeds! The gangs heard and saw it all and ran after them behind the dog. Scooter lead the way, making sure they wouldn't trip on a debris. The dog barked wildly from behind. Just then, Jessica tripped over and cardboard box and landed flat on the ground! The dog jumped in the air after her.
"SCOOTER!" she screamed.
Scooter flung out a hand and "grasp!" He had her hand in his and pulled her up just as the dog landed on the ground! But the dog got up as quick as it could and ran after them again. The main man yelled at some of the men,
"Cut there escaped route!" he shouted.
Two men dashed into an alley.
Scooter saw the main road,
"We're almost there!" he encouraged.
But just as he said that, the two cut right in front of them and the road. They dashed back into the alley, only to see the dog and three men right in front of them. They were trapped!
"Well, well, well," said the main crook, "What do we have here?"
Scooter and Andrew felt so dry they couldn't speak. Heather and Jessica choked back a tear. The main looked at Andrew.
"A camera for spying on us," he said, bitterly.
"No doubt they were going to report us to the police," said another man.
Scooter, Andrew, Heather, and Jessica were heart panicked. The dog barked as a man held him back.
The main robber stepped up close to them, "We don't like it when anyone tells on us!" he boomed.  

The end of part 4.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »

Part 5:        The Ninja.                   By Brother E:
"Hey," shouted a voice from behind, "Leave them alone!"
All the villains turned their heads around to see it was. The guy in the fedora and trench coat stepped back.
"You leave us alone, Ninjoy," he said pointing a shaky finger, "This is none of your business!"
"I going to make it my business!" Ninjoy replied back.
"Stop her!" shouted the leader.
A big thug cracked his fingers and headed toward Ninjoy. He threw a few well aimed fists at her. Ninjoy ducked a jumped out of the way. She grabbed a trash can lid and threw it at him. The lid smacked the guy in the head and he fell over, stunned.
"Hey, you can't do that!" shouted another man.
He ran after her with a club in his hand. He swung and swung the club. Ninjoy jumped out of the way, clapsed a fire escape ladder rung, and hoisted herself up. The man came closer. Ninjoy waited for the right time and grabbed a clothes line string and swung down. She kicked the man right in the stomach, causing him to fall.
"Go get her, boy!" yelled one man to his dog.
The dog ran after her. Scooter saw that.
 "We got to help," he said.
 He ran to the trash can and picked up a bone. He threw the bone over the dog's head. The dog took off after the bone instead.
"No," yelled the man, "Come back here!"
He and the leader villain looked back. All of there partners were knocked out around the ninja. Ninjoy was leaning against a wall with her arms crossed.
"Are you next?" she sarcastically asked.
"That's enough," replied the main leader, "We're leaving!"
He and his companion ran down an alley and were out of site.
Scooter, Heather, Andrew, and Jessica turned their attention to Ninjoy.
"Thanks," said Scooter.
"Sure thing," replied Ninjoy.
"How could you knock out all those big men," questioned Jessica.
"And by yourself," added Andrew.
"I just train a lot," answered Ninjoy, "I almost do it every day."
She looked around, "Oh, well, I got go. I'll be seeing you soon."
"Alright," replied Scooter.
As Ninjoy walked away, Heather couldn't stop thinking about a Joy at the gym class.
"Let's go home," said Scooter.
They all walked home out of the ally.        
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:55:18 PM by JEBZ Komics » Logged

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »

Making a new series of fan fiction, The Adventures of Joey and the Rocks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:01:42 PM by JEBZ Komics » Logged

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »

The Adventures of Joey and the Power Rocks.       A novel
Chapter 1             The ruby cat.            By Brother E
It was a beautiful day New Orleans's town park. Millions of people flocked the park. The convention, hosted by Chief Anderson, was a good one. Now people had setup places for everyone to look at there old relics. The're was a lot of selling, bartering, and trading. A young detective by the name of Joey walked down the streets of the main sidewalk in the park. He had tan-brownish hair, big, bushy eyebrows, and not a freckle on him. He wore a trench coat over a orange long-sleeve shirt. Following behind him were two rocks named Roc and Ks, with big friendly eyes, arms and a big smile. No one seemed scared or worried about the rocks. They knew them well for helping the police in the past. Joey and the rocks walked looking at the different setups. Joey turned his and saw in the glimmer of the sunlight and cat statue. He walked over to the setup hosted by an elder couple. The setup had all kinds of old relics. He read the description of the cat statue: "There might be rubies in this statue and you could be rich! Legend says that a crook hid rubies in a statue just like this one." Joey looked up at the elder gentleman.

"Hey, sir is this true?"

The old man looked at Joey, "Aye," he said, "That's what the legends says,"

"So it is true," replied Joey.

The elder woman spoke up from behind the table, "Go on, Charles, tell them the story."

"Alright, Janis," he chuckled, "Now there is a true story about a famous jewel thief in Germany in 1894 by the name of Klaus Gudden. He had two fabulously matched rubies. They came from an old statue from a Korean temple. The temple was made in about 165 A.D. In 1560 they were acquired by the sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He in turn gave them to a lady. The rubies cost her her life, you know. A no feel'n jewel thief killed her to get them. Later they belonged to Louis 15, who gave them to the Madame Pompadour, who sold them to a Russian nobleman."

"So, how did Klaus Gadden get the rubies," asked Joey.

"That's the thing," replied the gentleman, "No body known a thing how he got them. He appeared in Berlin one day, and police caught him. He tried to escape, but the police shot him. And know what they found?"

"The rubies, I bet," replied Roc.

"Not'n!" said the old man, "The rubies weren't on him! So a few years later, a gem expert named Graves had been try'n to find the rubies. He reasoned that rubies of that value couldn't just disappear. So he began to look for them. Mr. Graves learned that while the police set their dragnet, Gudden was trapped in a certain block in Berlin. He was there for seven days. Graves searched for clues in that certain limited area, and he found out that Gudden visited a little ceramic shop, which specialized in making clay cats. Graves learned that Gudden had picked out a picked a certain clay cat, looked at it for a few minutes, and told the owner to scratch a "X" on the bottom on the cat. He made the owner promise that the cat be sold to no one else. When the owner learned that the strange customer had been killed, he shipped the cats with the rest, which Graves concluded, that went out all over Berlin."

He sat down, "That's where the story ends. The cat might be any one of the same slay statue cats that have been sold all over Berlin. That's where we got it from, Berlin, you know. The cats are eight inches high, with it's tail wrapped around it's fore paws."
He pointed to his statue, "As you can see, it used to be yellow, but now it's old and scratched up. The "X" may be no longer visible."

"Wow, so this may be one,"said Ks

"Yep," said the old man.

"How much is it," asked Joey.

"About five grand," replied the old man, "Since the rubies might be inside it."

Joey groaned and searched his pockets, "I can give you four grand." he said.

"Let him have it, Charles." said the elder woman.

"Deal!" exclaimed the old man, "Yours for four grand!"

Joey handed the gentleman the little bag of money, and the old man gave him the statue of the cat.

"Thank you, sir!" said Joey as he and the rocks walked away.

"There goes another youngster looking for treasure." said the elder man.

"That's what I said, Charles," replied the woman.

As Joey walked home, a man in a green coat kept watching him. He nodded suspiciously and walked toward a car. The driver nodded and the man got in and drove away.

The end of Chapter 1.
Hope you enjoy! Smiley
Spoiler:
Special thanks to the book, "World's Best Lost Treasure Stories" by C. B. Colby, for history information.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:55:00 PM by JEBZ Komics » Logged

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 09:39:37 PM »

Brother E: I fixed my fan fiction so it's not so clustered together.

Survivore
eat wat u served
Forum Fanatic

Annika Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »

lol, parts of the first story like chapter 3 remind me of the story I wrote about Joy/Ninjoy and Moe/Dynamoe Laugh but it's mostly different. anyway interesting but I wish it had finished. the next story is less Flipline related and I prefer to read Flipline stuff (but the writing in that recent chapter seems like it would be easier to read, making it less clustered is a good idea)

PSEUDORANDOM SURVIVOR FLIPLINE! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44030.msg2055400#msg2055400

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
shoutbox queen has found QUOTE OF THE DECADE!:
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry

awesome quotes of 2018:
"I'm the Grand Supreme Mip of being a poke in the eye!" (from AKC's AyChao Academy comic)
You get a jill-a-torch.
(in response to "I insert a jack-o-lantern." I wanna see a jill-a-torch ROFL)

Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »

Brother E: The next one is more about Joey in his hometown. The other ones were not going so hot. And yes, I did get some of your ideas!  Wink

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »

Chapter 2:        Mystery
Joey and the rocks went to their home, a twelve story building on the street corner. He went inside and said hello to Miss Jane and Miss Mary, the desk ladies, and walked up the stairs to his apartment. He unlocked the door and put the statue on his shelf. He took off his coat and hung it on his coat rack. The rocks hopped on top of the shelf and they and Joey took a good look at the statue.

“Just think,” exclaimed Ks, “that there could be millions of dollars’ worth of rubies inside!”

“You’re right,” said Joey, “And this statue could be the one to hold the rubies. Let me get my magnifying glass.”

Joey went to his desk drawer to get his magnifying glass. Now this wasn’t your old Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass, this was a digital scanner, with finger print coding technology. It also could magnify things a lot better than a normal glass could. Joey shuffled through papers and batteries and saw it. He turned it on and looked at the statue through it. The scanner emitted a low, humming noise.
“See anything special?” asked Ks.

“Not really,” replied Joey, “But it’s a remarkable statue all the same.”

Joey turned off the scanner and put it in his pocket.

“If it did have anything special, it would be worn off by now,” he added.

Joey walked to the fridge and pulled out a box of bird seed. He walked over to the cage at a corner off his little living room.

“Hello, Pauley,” he said, “How are you doing today?”

“Pauley want seeds! Pauley want seeds!” the parrot squawked.

Joey poured the seeds into Pauley’s wooden food dish. Roc got Pauley some new water. Pauley tried to open the gate as Roc put the new water in.

“No, no, Pauley,” scolded Roc, “We’ve got to put a lock on this cage or he’ll get out.”

“We will,” Joey said, “We’ll go today after we visit the New Orleans Public Library to get some information about the Ruby Cat.”
Joey grabbed his coat and he and the rocks went out the door.

A few minutes later they were in the library. The library had many ladders to get to the higher books. Joey knew he would be here awhile, but he didn’t mind. He liked the smell of old books, and the old, yellowish pages. They always told him something about every mystery he encountered. He strolled down the aisles as he looked for any book that would have information about the Ruby Cat. Not here, he would say to himself over and over as he looked. Just then, he heard a voice from above.
“Here’s one,” exclaimed Ks on the very top shelf, “It has plenty of information about it.”

But the book was big and heavy, and as Ks pointed to the picture, he lost his balance. He started tumbling down, down, down with the big book, which in turn, made more books fall down. Joey looked up and saw raining books! He and Roc jumped out of the way as the books thumped on the ground.
“SHHH!” was the reply from all the people who heard and saw it.

“Sorry,” said Joey. He looked at Ks. He was still covered in books.

“Are you all right, book finder?” he asked.

“Yeah,” said Ks, still dizzy.

After the books were put away, Joey and the rocks went to a table and sat down to read. The green domed lights above shown down brightly on them. Joey opened the book and flipped the pages until he saw a picture of the Ruby Cat.
“Here it is, Rocks!” he exclaimed.

He read it aloud to the rocks, but not too loud so that other people couldn’t hear.

“A long time ago, the two perfectly paired rubies from the Ottoman Empire were given to King Louis XV. He in turn gave them to Madame Pompadour, who gave them to a Russian nobleman. Later down in history, the famous jewel thief, Klaus Gudden, in the later seventeenth century, arrived in Germany. He had the rubies with him, but no one knows how he ever got them.”

Joey looked through the book, “And the rest is pretty much the same thing the old gentleman told us at the town park.”

Joey read on further. “Look at this,” he said, “People are scared to look into this mystery because of a superstition that might not be even true. They claim that the rubies are cursed by the Korean temple dwellers. The other reason is that they don’t want crooks tracking them down. Well, what about that.”

“Well,” said Roc, “Where do we get started?”

“Not sure,” replied Joey as he flipped the pages, “But the first thing to do is look at the statue better for more clues. Like dusting, more scanning, and seeing if the statue is hollow.”

Joey and the rocks were reading for a while and it got late, no one was at the library now. But out the window someone was watching them. Joey put the book down and looked out the window.

“Man, it’s already almost dark,” he said, “Come on rocks, we better go home.”

But as he looked outside the window, his eye caught the movement of a figure. Then the figure ran away! Joey slipped coat on.

“Hurry, rocks!” he shouted, “Someone’s spying on us!”

“What?!” exclaimed the rocks, but wasted no time and followed Joey out the library door.

The figure ran down the block and around a corner. He slowed down and thought he made it away. But when he turned around, he saw the detective and his partners burst round the corner.

“There he is!” shouted Ks, and they ran after him.

The crook started running again. He ran down an alley and jumped over boxes and old wooden crates with Joey close behind. He threw down a trashcan right in Joey’s way, but Joey just ran with a burst of speed and jumped over it.

“Stop in the name of the law!” shouted Joey.

“Think you’re going to make stop by shouting,” the crook retorted, “well then tough luck!”

He ran out of the alley and into the street where a car was waiting for him. Joey and the rocks burst out and saw the man hop in the car.

“Hurry, hurry!” he shouted at the driver, “He’s after us!”

The driver nodded and stepped on the gas. The car spun out and drove away down the street.

“Confounded crimes,” exclaimed Joey, “He got away!"

“But we can still track them down,” said Roc, “We know what their car is. It’s a 1970 Cadillac, blue in color.”

“Right,” said Joey, “We’ll just keep walking down the road they traveled.”

So Joey and the rocks walked down the street the car took. Joey took out his scanner and scanned the tire tracks as they walked, making sure they were the right ones. The blue light from the device acted like a flashlight. They walked for a while scanning the tracks. It was dark now, and the moon was big, blue, and bright. The traveled for quite a long time, and soon the tracks came across a big, old mansion. The walls around it were big, tall, and old. It had an old sign that said “Wood’s Mansion”.

“No way of getting up those walls by climbing,” Joey said to the rocks. “But what does that matter?”

He pulled a gun-looking device out of his pocket. It turned out to be a grappling shooter. Joey aimed at the top of the wall and shot. The grapple shot from the gun all the way to the top of the wall. It hooked securely on the ledge on the other side of the wall.

“OK, Rocks,” said Joey, “We made our way! Hold on to my coat tight!”

Joey pulled the trigger and the machine pulled him. He climbed up the rope while the gun pulled. They made it to the top and went down on the other side.

“Alright,” said Joey, “We’re in!”

Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.