Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   
Print
Author Topic: The Hunger Games (AU) (Chapter 17 released)  (Read 4550 times)
Poppy Gloria
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

My love's gone, my love's gone

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2018, 12:53:49 PM »

Oh god me, why did you have to go solo Exasperated

Are we still friends?
Shaggy
Edited photo of rapper Lil Baby
Edited photo of rapper Juice WRLD
Edited photo of rapper Eminem
Edited photo of rapper Kendrick Lamar
Edited photo of rapper Childish Gambino
Edited photo of BALLADS 1 Cover
The color of mood is blue
Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2018, 03:47:11 PM »

This is exciting :3

also, I was listening to this song and it seems to fit- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oDgnanY_I *warning, the video has gore*

Цвет настроения синий. Внутри Martini, а в руках бикини.
Под песню «Синий иней» она так чувствует себя Богиней.
Цвет настроения синий. Внутри Martini, а в руках бикини.
Под песню «Синий иней» она так чувствует себя Богиней.
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

stan loona stream butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2018, 05:47:19 PM »

yass leia slay w me

We'll be deleting spam posts like that, and for users that continue to intentionally spam topics we will start banning them if it continues.  We've been trying to go easy on everyone with just deleting posts instead of banning, but it seems like people can't take a hint so now there will be bans.  When users are specifically trolling/spamming to provoke users (or provoke us into bans) it's especially annoying and a complete waste of our time having to come here to moderate, so we'll likely just increase the bans to 14-days or 30-days or something so we don't have to deal with any problematic users for a while.
I haven't been banned yet for some reason stream butterfly
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

This account is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:48 PM »

Oh god me, why did you have to go solo Exasperated
Alliance?

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2018, 10:52:10 PM »

Alliance?

ur not even in the games ur a male model remember

We'll be deleting spam posts like that, and for users that continue to intentionally spam topics we will start banning them if it continues.  We've been trying to go easy on everyone with just deleting posts instead of banning, but it seems like people can't take a hint so now there will be bans.  When users are specifically trolling/spamming to provoke users (or provoke us into bans) it's especially annoying and a complete waste of our time having to come here to moderate, so we'll likely just increase the bans to 14-days or 30-days or something so we don't have to deal with any problematic users for a while.
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

This account is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »

i'll still be his ally

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2018, 10:58:34 PM »

anybody want to team

im not even in the story (yet)

Poppy Gloria
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »

Alliance?
Hmm... Let me think for a minute since I don't really trust waffle lovers Undecided

Are we still friends?
Shaggy
Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

From now on, I will only write my character in the first-person to avoid inaccurately describing forumers.

Chapter 15
Hiding

I wake up, my back aching, and my neck feeling twisted. As I come to my senses, I remember where I am; I found a tree trunk with a large hole in it yesterday evening. It took me around three hours to carve out a shelter in it, but it worked.

I did not take any risks. I covered up the entrance with pieces of wood and leaves to make it seem natural.

Considering the fact that I'm still tired, it must be around 8:00. I've never woken up past that in my life.

I sigh as I start planning out the day. It's going to be tough to be working solo, but I can't trust Robin and Hobbes with my life. I hope they'll figure out I'm not dead eventually. Perhaps they would go to find Zetsu; it's too dangerous, in my opinion, but they insisted on it.

I'm going to have to kill something to get protein. I already have some edible mushrooms and berries. Perhaps I can make jam with the cranberries? This tree is only a few minutes away from a huge river system, so I'll have free water available.

I'm also going to have to build a rope system to make it easier to climb up to this hiding spot; I might be able to build a trap so that if anyone but me attempts to climb up they'll die...but I can't really remember how they taught us to build that, I'm not good with crafts.

I'm going to spend the rest of the Hunger Games hiding. It's the safest choice.

And hopefully, Hobbes and Robin will do well.

Faith and Kanga walk slowly and carefully over the marshlands in the south of the arena. One wrong step, and it'll take a few minutes to get out. They have to be careful here.

"Kanga, I went to sleep later than you", Faith says, interrupting the silence. "You know what? They announced the deaths somehow!".

Kanga is shocked. "How did they do that? And who died?".

"I have no idea", Faith responds. "And I remember Faiz, Joe, and Zetsu died...maybe Ay-Chao was the other person. I forget".

Kanga becomes glum. He didn't know any of them well, but he'd talked to Ay-Chao before. "I hope it won't come to that for us". Faith agrees.

They trudge forwards, swatting at mosquitoes and flies. There are a lot of mushrooms here; Kanga recognises them well, and takes the edible ones for consumption.

The marshes are eerie, but beautiful.

After an hour of walking, they're both tired.

"Alright, Faith, I need to...relieve myself, okay?", Kanga says nervously.

"Go ahead, I'll keep watch. The marshes are becoming sparser here", Faith replied.

As Kanga walks away from Faith, he hears something rustling in the bushes, and readies his spear.

He yells for Faith to come help when Kenny jumps out, throwing a club at Kanga, who barely dodges it. Kenny seems intent on killing at least one of them, but strength comes in numbers. Kenny runs at Kanga, trying to club his skull and yelling "Get out of MY swamp!". But Faith swoops in and shoots an arrow at Kenny's chest, severely weakening him.

Kanga takes this opportunity to steal Kenny's club. For a moment, Kenny stares at him, eyes filled with tears, breathing heavily and clutching his chest. He didn't notice who he was attacking before.

"What are you waiting for, child? I thought you were...someone else...kill me."

Kanga can't do it.

He grabs Faith's arm and sprints away with her, silent. Kenny would maybe live, maybe not. But Kanga couldn't kill someone else. They run until they collapse, muddy, into a puddle of brackish water. Faith looks at the sky and her face goes pale.

"Hey, Kanga, look behind you. Why is it so cloudy where we're going?".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:58:31 PM by Moana » Logged

Наша
родина -
Россия!
Avatars (as of 1 January, 2018):
1 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Lovely)
8 January, 2018 - Glacia (Battle Pose)
16 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
21 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Aether Throne)
30 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
7 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Curled-Up)
19 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Regal)

25 February, 2018 - Glacia (Regal)
6 March, 2018 - Lusamine (Reminiscing)
17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
31 March, 2018 - Lavender
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

12 May, 2018 - Forest Bloom
2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna
30 June, 2018 - African Sunset

20 July, 2018 - No Avatar
11 August, 2018 - Hibiscus
20 August, 2018 - Nine Wickes
24 August - Forest Trails
5 September - No avatar
29 September, 2018 - Autumn View
13 October, 2018 - Path of Leaves
14 November, 2018 - Россия
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »

LMAO GET OUT OF HER SWAMP SEAMUS

Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »

It was actually Kenny saying that, but the wording was not great. I will edit the chapter.

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »

now i look dumb thankz

Poppy Gloria
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »

I'm in me mums swamp
Get out me swamp
Aw

Are we still friends?
Shaggy
Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »

No images for this chapter. In retrospect it seems rather depressing. I apologise.

Chapter 16
The Flood

Ianiant desperately attempts to pull Ay-Chao out from some quicksand in a swamp.

"Pull my other arm too, don't break my right arm!" yells Ay-Chao.

"You're lucky that there aren't any alligators here. I saw one yesterday," Ianiant points out, to Ay-Chao's disdain and paling face.

Within a few minutes, Ay-Chao was out, gasping for breath. Despite the age gap between her and Ianiant, she's already put her trust into him. Brutally honest and brave, Ianiant has already helped her a lot where she couldn't; hunting animals was rather tough for Ay-Chao.

"Well...let's continue to see what's at the end of the swamp," Ay-Chao says once she feels fine. She could have died there. But she would live for now. Hopefully until the end...

After a few minutes of trudging through the horrendously filthy and densely-vegetated marshland, Ianiant notices something shiny in the sky. Could it be a supply drop?

"Ay-Chao. I think it's for you," he says, noticing that it's floating towards her and not him.

Ay-Chao catches a floating metal sphere with a parachute, and opens it up. To her surprise, it's a meal of cornflakeses!

"IANIANT! Try these! This is the best dessert from the Gwarashnar ever!", Ay-Chao screams excitedly. Someone must have taken pity on her after she got stuck in the quicksand.

Ianiant is reluctant to try them, but after his first scoopful, he joins Ay-Chao in devouring half of the cornflakeses. They haven't eaten much since the Hunger Games started. Hungry they were indeed...

Blissfully, the two of them continue on, stomachs full, unaware of the thunderclouds they were walking towards.

Faith shivers, wrapping herself into a jaguar skin blanket to keep her warm as Kanga sews another one for himself. They had encountered one about an hour ago. Now, in the afternoon, they had reached the end of the marshlands and arrived at a large lake, surrounded by chilly fog and strong winds.

"It's raining," Kanga takes note. "I see a small cave to the left in those rocks, near the end of the arena," he points out to Faith. The two of them rush to the cave, avoiding the oddly chilly rain.

They hear a roar, and stare as a cave lion marches from the depths of the cave, licking its lips.

Kanga and Faith run out of the cave towards the lake within moments. The cave lion, reluctant to get wet, seems wary.

Suddenly, a clap of thunder explodes, sounding like an earthquake. The cave lion runs back into the cave, while Faith and Kanga begin struggling to stay afloat. This is a small lake but these waves are huge...

"It's an arena event!" Faith realises. She and Kanga feel hopeless as more and more rain than either of them have ever seen before falls from the sky. The lake quickly floods and water gushes in all directions. The cave they were in before is hidden by a waterfall newly formed from the rock above it.

Kanga and Faith clutch onto each other, each keeping the other afloat. That's all that they can do as the entire area around them seems to flood.

Ay-Chao desperately attempts to pull Ianiant out of the floodwater.

She's found a rock with an inclined surface, preventing any water from rising this high; it isn't going any higher anyways. The wind is the main problem right now.

But Ianiant hadn't climbed up in time.

"Ianiant! No, you're much younger than me! Hold on!".

Ay-Chao yells support to Ianiant, encouraging him to keep waiting for the storm to end, even as debris hits his body and his face.

Bleeding and in pain, Ianiant is reminded of how Kowhai died. How he killed her. As his head goes under the water again, Ay-Chao almost falls in too.

Ay-Chao would drown with Ianiant at this rate; her exertion is causing the rock to crumble. And she has already almost fallen in twice.

Ianiant can't let an innocent person die instead of him. At least he should be able to tread water and stay afloat until the storm passes...

And so he lets go.

"NO!", shrieks Ay-Chao, helpless as Ianiant smiles at her, before his weak body submerges.

For the last time.

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2018, 08:04:46 AM »

This is exciting :3

also, I was listening to this song and it seems to fit- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oDgnanY_I *warning, the video has gore*
This actually did fit the aforementioned chapter, I agree!

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.