Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   
Print
Author Topic: Anomalies [T] (Completed)  (Read 8911 times)
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »

in which anomalies must be destroyed.

Characters
The Council:
-Cleanser Lusamine, Ruler of All, Head of Judicial Department, The Judge {Age: 34 years} [Status: Deceased]
  -his former aide, Robin {Age: 19 years} [Status: ???]
-Councillor Zetsu Beau, Head of Matchmaking Department, Head of Housing Assignments Department {Age: 32 years} [Status: Escaped]
-Councillor Joe Twentyfour, Head of Education Department, Head of Treasury Department, Head of Technology Department {Age: 54 years} [Status: Escaped]
-Councillor Matthew Neff, Head of Cleansing Department, Overseer of Captured Anomalies, Head of Detaining Department {Age: 49 years (IDK how old Matt is LMAO)} [Status: Deceased]
-Former Councillor Kenny Penguin (is referred to as Penguin), Head of Food Creation & Distribution Department {Age: 28 years} [Status: ???]
-Councillor Isabelle Mae, Head of Medical Department {Age: 45 years} [Status: Deceased]

The Detainers:
-Joey Bluze, Detainer One {Age: 24 years} [Status: Deceased]
-Nick Ito, Detainer Two {Age: 23 years} [Status: Deceasedl]
-Ross Ome (pronounced oh-may), Detainer Three {Age: 18 years} [Status: Deceased]
-Leia Lu, Detainer Four {Age: 23 years} [Status: ???]
-Sean Shawn, Detainer Five {Age: 18 years} [Status: Deceased]
-Ianiant Bamordian, Detainer Six {Age: 19 years} [Status: Deceased]

The Anomalies:
-Sophia Amber {Age: Somewhere in between 18 and 26 years} [Status: Escaped]
-Ted Moisues {Age: Unknown} [Status: Escaped]
-Cosmic Isola {Age: 17 years) [Status: Escaped]
-Usopp Affa {Age: 27 years} [Status: Deceased]
-Faith Escue {Age: 15 years} [Status: Deceased]

~
'everyone can start again, not through love, but through revenge.'
~
PART ONE.
Seven years in the past...
"DETAINER ONE, report on your sighting."

"Nothing, Detainer Three. Detainer Five, report."

"Just a kid and his parents."

"Investigate, Detainer Five."

"Roger that."

A little boy was walking with his parents when he saw a man in all black wearing a Detainer badge. The boy knew he was a Detainer immediately and ducked his head down so the man wouldn't see it. He was scared of the Detainers and their large, threatening weapons. Kids in his class told stories about how they captured Anomalies, but the boy didn't really know what Anomalies were, besides that they were bad and the Detainers got rid of them.

His little heart pounded when he saw the Detainer walking towards him and his parents.

"Walk faster, Cosmic." his father muttered, and the boy struggled to catch up with his parents' speed.

"Freeze!" the Detainer yelled. "Turn around. Hold up your hands."

The family did, and the Detainer brought out one of his large weapons, which looked like the things the cashier used at the store to scan the barcodes on items, and pointed it towards the boy.

His heart pounded as the red light emitting from the scanner was directed around him, and nothing happened. The Detainer nodded and proceeded to his mother, where nothing happened again.

The Detainer then scanned his father, and Cosmic's heart pounded. There was silence for a while, and then the device started beeping really loudly.

"We need backup, now! I found one!"

"Cosmic, run!" his father yelled, and Cosmic dashed off. He was an athlete so he was fast, and the Detainer didn't even bother to get him-he wasn't even looking at Cosmic-, and Cosmic dashed into an alley, peeking out, and he gasped when he saw four Detainers approaching his parents.

He watched his mom charge towards one of them and launch herself at him, and be promptly shot down. She crumpled to the ground and a more slender Detainer nodded at his father, who looked stunned and fell to his knees. The original Detainer who had found his family pressed one of his big weapons to Cosmic's father's head and fired it.

There was silence for a few seconds, and Cosmic was sure everyone in the city had heard the boom of the weapon, and then he realized reality.

"MOM! DAD!"

He screamed and felt a grip on his right arm, nails digging into his skin. He was pulled deeper into the alley and then found himself facing a girl. She looked younger than him and had wide open eyes.

"You're gonna get us killed!" she hissed.

"But...but...my parents!" Cosmic blubbered.

"Look, you'll have time to grieve. You're lucky I'm here, or else they'd kill you for seeing a Detain live. Nobody's supposed to see those!"

"But...what about you?" he asked, his voice cracking.

The girl shook her head. "Follow me."

"No!" Cosmic cried out. "No! I don't even know you!"

"Follow me!" the girl said, her eyes widening and growing more alert. "They'll be coming for you! You might not be an Anomaly, but you're sure as dead anyway, so you have to come now or you'll die!"

"My parents...my parents...my parents...they're..."

"You don't have to say it." The girl had adopted a more sympathetic tone, and looked at Cosmic sadly. "Please."

Cosmic nodded tearfully, not realizing that he was crying, and the girl disappeared into the shadows of the alley, Cosmic following her.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:13:54 AM by winter » Logged

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
Theo
Food Critic

blub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:37:18 PM »

This is amazing

And I'm finally a character

Now I wait until I get killed first

I won't. I will choke this bitterness, this regret, then anger until I explode. And I will never accept that such a holiday has replaced my beloved New Year.

Never.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »

Omg this looks really good Shocked

Like I have to say with every good fanfic, please don't abandon this

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »

This is amazing

And I'm finally a character

Now I wait until I get killed first

u didn't get killed first, cosmic's parents did

Theo
Food Critic

blub

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »

*third

I won't. I will choke this bitterness, this regret, then anger until I explode. And I will never accept that such a holiday has replaced my beloved New Year.

Never.
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »

Ooohhh no one knows my last name so spooky

I'm liking this

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 09:50:37 PM »

Present day...(which is in the future clearly)
"The new Detainers were instated today, it was all over the news." Faith comments during dinner one day at the dinner box. Tonight's dinner is pizza, and we all sit on cushions around the dinner box, which is a cardboard box propped up as a makeshift table.

"I don't care." Cosmic mutters.

Cosmic is now seventeen and Faith is fifteen, but he doesn't realize how much younger she was when she found him in the first place. He looks around the dinner box and thinks about the other people sitting with them.

For instance, Usopp is a twenty-seven year old hardened war veteran who was shot in the head on duty and survived, but the injury caused brain damage, ruling him an Anomaly. Nobody knows anything about Red, but he appears to be in his twenties. Faith was experimented on as a child by her sadistic scientist parents, changing her permanently and ruling her an Anomaly. Sophia was always an Anomaly, for reasons she refuses to disclose, but the girl had been running away for years. She is older than Cosmic but younger than Usopp.

And Cosmic...well...Cosmic's situation was plain.

After his parents had died, Cosmic had noticed changes in the way he perceived the world. The way he'd perceived the government, and the way he'd perceived other people. Usopp had come up with a theory that trauma caused one to be an Anomaly, but genetics could play a part as well, he had said. Cosmic wasn't sure. He didn't want to think about his trauma.

The pizza is quickly finished.
~
Cleanser Lusamine sits in his office, in his chair, reading reports on his computer.

Subject: Anomaly 456. ELIMINATED

Anomaly 456, also known as Flipfan Oofis, was found on the corner of 7th and H St., attempting to be casual, but it was the middle of the night and they were scanned and detained.

A knock sounds on Lusamine's door, and he clears his throat.

"Come in."

Cleanser Lusamine has a very languid voice, almost lazy, but is always completely on point and focused. It's very good for giving speeches as it almost always sounds very laid-back and relaxed, relaxing the listeners instantly.

The person who enters the room is Robin, Lusamine's aide. Robin is a skinny, pale, petite girl with messy pale blonde hair, and she's shy as all hell, but very loyal. She is probably the only person whose company Lusamine actually enjoys. The girl claims to not be smart, but she really is. She takes things up easily, and she has a certain innocent charm to her that makes Lusamine feel safer, because she's so protected from the evil the world is. Lusamine's almost adopted her in a sense, but he would never tell the girl that.

Lusamine's supposed to be cold and emotionless, anyway.

"Um...Cleanser...sir...I brought...tea." the girl stutters, and Lusamine nods and gestures toward a cart for her to set the tray on top of. She does so and attempts to leave, before Lusamine coughs purposely, causing the girl to turn around with a worried expression on her face. "Um...yes?" she asks tentatively.

"Please, Robin, I've told you to call me Lusamine multiple times." he says calmly.

"Yes...sir-Lusamine."

Lusamine smiles, although it doesn't reach his eyes, and Robin notices that. "You're dismissed, I'll summon you when necessary."

The girl nods, hurriedly bows to Lusamine (a custom in which he loathes) and rushes out the door, eager to do something. Lusamine doesn't know what. Hopefully she goes to the library and reads. Education is very important, and Lusamine's personal library is stocked with far too many books.

Being his aide, Robin has to live with Lusamine to provide for him at untimely hours just in case, and Lusamine allows Robin to roam wherever she pleases in his penthouse. He knows the girl loves his library, and it does please him deep down to see how happy she is.

But he can't show that. He can never show that.

And if someone were to hurt her...

They would be dead.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:05:59 PM by Cat Kyle » Logged

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 09:52:08 PM »

I probably shot myself in the head  Crying Laughing

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Theo
Food Critic

blub

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »

lmfao twenties ouchie

Never.
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »

lmfao twenties ouchie

lmao ikr

I probably shot myself in the head  Crying Laughing

sHhhh

Alex Amethyst
Iconic
Restaurant Master

The future is iconic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 02:25:19 AM »

Yass I love this. Can't wait for more.

KitKatExtreme [Aug 16 12:31 AM]:   bleep me with a chainsaw
Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 05:30:33 AM »

This is great so far! You bring out the relationships between the characters very well, and it's only the first chapter.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 05:44:43 AM »

Ooh I like lusamine's character! Despite being a villain he isn't the "I am evil for the sake of evil" type
Great chapter~

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »

"Go to hell," Usopp mutters at a bystander who gives him an odd look. The scar on his face over his left eye is very distinct, and while he was in the war, his head was shaved and his hair never grew back, but for some reason, his facial hair just keeps growing, so he is essentially a bald guy with a long scar reaching from his eyebrow to the center of the top of his head and dark, messily shaved stubble. He isn't someone who blends in, so usually Usopp wears dark clothing and a hood that covers his head, and he ducks his head down and looks down so people can't see his face unless they really try.

He stands on the corner of 8th and X St. listening to the passersby mutter to each other. He lights a cigarette (he had gotten addicted during the war, cigarettes were in large supply and his damn bunkmates thought it'd be a good idea to force him to smoke with them) and watches.

"Penguin's going crazy. The new food restrictions are awful."

"Penguin's always been wack. Nothing new."

Usopp smirks. The government had always been something regular citizens would bow down to and not question, and he loved hearing things like this because he detested the government. The war they had sent Usopp and his fellow soldiers out to was brutal, and the government did nothing to help aid the soldiers if they came home. Any PTSD they developed during the war was treated harshly, and was mostly a 'grow up, you'll get over it' thing, and Usopp hated it. The only help they gave him during the war after he'd been shot in the head and miraculously survived was surgery to get the bullet out and five days of bed rest, then he was sent home, deemed unfit to fight anymore, and deemed an Anomaly, and he was really sent to be detained, but he managed to escape.

Usopp is probably the only one who has any idea of who Red really is, and that was revealed to him when Red slipped up and revealed that he used to work for the government. Usopp attempted to get him to slip up again, but Red this time was firm on not revealing anything about his past. Usopp is under the impression that everyone just thinks Red's an amnesiac.

But Usopp knows he's not.
~
Ten years in the past...
"Mommy! Please! Stop it!" Faith cried out, trashing inside the heated tank. She pounded on the glass, but her mother, in her signature mint-and-white lab coat, adjusted her glasses, glanced at her daughter, and wrote something down in her notebook, before leaning towards Faith's father and muttering something, Faith's father nodding an affirmation.

"Mommy! Daddy! Please! I'm sorry! I'll be good!" she begged. She pounded on the glass and screamed and screamed, but her parents didn't respond. She held the mask and slammed her head against the glass, screaming, watching her parents walk out of the cellar as she crumpled to the bottom of the tank, hugging her knees to her chest and slowly breathing in and out through the oxygen mask.
~
Present time...
"Faith? Are you alright?"

Faith looks up and sees Sophia staring at her, a mask of concern on her face. She nods. "Yes. I'm fine. Just thinking."

Faith knows Sophia doesn't believe her, but the other girl dismisses it, knowing that Faith doesn't want to talk about it.

Faith stares enviously at the other girl, shorter than her but still carrying an aura of maturity that Faith could never carry. Faith will always be the little girl of the group, but her experiences are much more traumatic than Sophia's ever could be. Faith wishes she was Sophia.

She wishes she was natural.
~
Cleanser Lusamine enters the boardroom and nods to his fellow Councillors. They sit with stoic expressions on their face, waiting for Lusamine to stand in front of his chair at the front. When he does, they stand and all mutter the same thing in the same monotone voices.

"Welcome, Cleanser Lusamine."

Lusamine nods, and they all sit in unison. Robin stands by the door, ready for all of Lusamine's commands. She has her headset on just in case Lusamine requires her to do something else while she's out of the board room.

Lusamine clears his throat. "Robin, could you check in on the caterer? I believe you scheduled a catered lunch for this meeting. Thank you."

Robin nods, diligent as usual, and rushes out of the room.

"So, let's start with our meeting." he suggests. "Councillor Beau, report on the latest Matches."

Zetsu Beau, Head of the Matchmaking Department, stands, bows to Lusamine, and proceeds talking. "An Anomaly, more specifically, Anomaly 192, attempted to lie low and be Matched. They were easily found and detained."

Matthew Neff, Head of Detaining and Overseer of Captured Anomalies, speaks up. "I've noticed that Anomalies have been growing in size. We should find out what causes this... disease." He says the word 'disease' with a hint of disgust in his voice.

"Thank you for the comment, Councillor Neff." Lusamine says. The other Councillors nod. "Councillor Beau, you may continue."

Zetsu continues speaking. "And so far, the new Matchmaking technology has been working perfectly. All Matches have been 100% compatible so far."

Lusamine then stares Zetsu in the eye and his tone becomes even more dangerous. "And have there been any new homosexual relationships?"

Zetsu noticeably gulps. "Yes, sir." he says.

Lusamine visibly relaxes. "Good. It gives off an aura of normality, having both hetero and homosexual relationships being exposed to our populations. It's more refreshing to the eye. You may sit, Councillor Beau." Zetsu sits, and his shoulders slump in relief. Lusamine turns his attention towards the next Council member. "Councillor Mae. Report on our medical facilities."

Isabelle Mae, Head of the Medical Department, confidently stands. "There have been only four recorded lost lives in surgery since the incident and creation of the new surgery materials." she says briskly. "The lives were lost due to loss of blood, brain death, heart complications, and error due to a surgeon puncturing a vein. The surgeon was scanned and detained."

"Was the surgeon an Anomaly?" Lusamine asks.

Isabelle pauses slightly before shaking her head. "No, they were not deemed an Anomaly."

"Interesting!" Lusamine then says grandly. "So we've learned that Anomalies aren't the only people who make errors! Note that when it comes to your research." he says to the table.

A knock sounds on the door.

"Come in." Lusamine says.

It's Robin, with the caterer. They set down trays of food for the Councillors, and the caterer bows to Lusamine and all of the Councillors before exiting hurriedly, most likely out of fear. Robin closes the door behind them.

"Anything else?" she asks, with a squeak to her voice.

Lusamine shakes his head. "No, you may stay here."

"But sir," Isabelle interjects, "this is a board meeting! Your aide doesn't need to hear-"

Lusamine silences the woman with a glare.

"She will stay in here, and there will be no questions asked."

Isabelle gulps.

Okay, so I've added in the ages of everyone that doesn't have an undisclosed age to the first post! You can check that out if you want. Thanks for reading! Smiley

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 09:38:28 PM »

omg hella ptsd

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.