Poll
Question: Will Abu Elias Kyrat First Place get first place?
Yes, it says so in the title! - 6 (54.5%)
Elias is not getting first place lol
- 5 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 126   
Print
Author Topic: Flipline Forum Playlist Battle: Season 5 [I GUESS]  (Read 32201 times)
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »

that's not very nice

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Customer Championship Tournament:
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »

no

Brother E: Don't you guys know sarcasm when you hear it?
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

stan loona stream butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »

please just stop trying we know cosmic won

by then, mitsuko souma was dead. in fact, she may have been dead a while ago.
physically, several seconds ago.
mentally, ages ago.
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

This account is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:02 PM »

Playlist Results:
And the winner of the Flipline Forum Playlist Battle Season 2 is...
Winner:
COSMIC! Congratulations!

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »

Playlists:
Cosmic:
Tough Times is a selection of 5 songs which I believe represent the image, and it’s connotations. This playlist is about carrying a weight, the struggles of doing so, fighting to keep doing so, and then the ‘relief’ of having finished. I believe that the song titles speak for themselves on 3 occasions, and if they don’t, I believe the music does. I really hope you enjoy.

https://open.spotify.com/user/cosmiccoola36/playlist/7akkT3YpvEbc8bFTYcV6vX?si=qWqAlD4bTOyad1VYjrMMZg

- Weight of the World, Jon Bellion & Blaque Keys
- Say Something, A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
- Good For You, OBC Of Dear Evan Hansen
- Carry On, Young Rising Sons
- Finally, Kings of Timorrow

Headmaster Oofis:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7arNdu9IxBn3VYqPuFVFqO

One of the reasons I believe the last theme worked so well was because it could have been interpreted in thousands of unique ways. This theme is similar, so like last time, I have put my own spin on the image. This is It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back!

Cover art:

In this playlist, I have taken a more literal interpretation of the image. What if you were one of those unfortunate people being forced to hold up a cardboard box in that position? My songs tell the story of how they might have got to that situation, particularly the man on the left, and how they dealt with it.

In Track 1, the man first has the box placed on him. He is determined to hold it up for as long as possible, in case the consequences are grim. In Track 2, he realizes that he can't hold up the box alone, and asks his partner to come and help. Once she has squeezed under the box, the man gives her some room to balance the box, and then Track 3 starts. In this track, the captives wonder, is anyone watching me from behind? It's not like they can simply turn their heads and look, after all. Once they are finally sure that there is no one else around, track 4 starts.

By now these two are hurting in places they didn't even know existed, and wonder how much longer they would have to be under the box. In track 4, they decide the best way to withstand the pressure is to simply close their eyes, pretend there is no box, and stay positive through these tough times. Eventually, the box is lifted off the captives' bodies, and they are free. Track 5 is them telling the tale to their friends and family. The box, in the end, was a metaphor for their life, the pressure representing tough times, and the street representing the always-watching outside world.

Tracklist
1. Chains
2. Come On Home
3. Whole World Is Watching
4. Pompeii
5. High Hopes
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:08:20 PM by Penguin022 » Logged

Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
Penguin022
Cactus McCoy 3 Supporter
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »

Playlist Results:
Moana's Reviews:
It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back

While I do think it is great that someone decided to try a literal interpretation of the theme, because it's unique and it's a great idea, I can't really get behind this idea. It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is unique, It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is different, but in the end, It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back isn't as special as a theme where someone interprets it according to how they feel metaphorically about the image. I can still see where you going with It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, and there was a lot of effort put into It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. I think that Pompeii is great for this theme. I'll give you a 3.25/5 for your interpretation of the theme. The flow is well done, but much of the songs are of the same tempo. There wasn't enough risk. I'll give you a 0.75/1 for the flow.

I give you a 2/3 for my personal opinion on It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. I loved Pompeii and High Hopes, but as I said in the flow, I do think that it would have been better if you were a bit more risky with this theme. Isn't that what you thought would help you in autumn? It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back could have benefited from that.

The title of It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is funny, but I'm not giving bonus points for that. I do enjoy your description and cover art for It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, I can see that there was effort put into both, so I give you a 1/1 on the thematics.

It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is an overall good playlist. My final critique is simply that it doesn't really succeed in anything. It's alright, but you could have done a lot more to make It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back really stand out, instead of being something I'd expect an Oofis to listen to on a usual evening. I give It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back a 7/10. Good effort.

Tough Times

Tough Times is a great interpretation of this theme; it's what I was thinking of. "Weight Of The World" works well both metaphorically and literally, for example, and not just in one sense, which is one of my main critiques with It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. You are correct that the song titles tend to speak for themselves; I think that Say Something was perfect for this theme, and it wasn't something I was expecting. I give you a 4/5 for your great interpretation of the theme, and a 1/1 for the flow, which seems to be great, even though some of the songs have different compositions.

I give you a 2.5/3 for how much I like Tough Times. Just like I told Headmaster Oofis with his It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, I don't feel that there was enough risk, but it's mitigated as I personally enjoy this a lot, especially Say Something.

I love the cover art, it truly is amazing. I give you a 1/1 for that alone; the description is good, too.

I give Tough Times an 8.5/10.

lajoie's Reviews:
Reviews:

Cosmic:

I didn't mind your playlist until the third song. I found Rachel Bay Jones' voice grating and very annoying. The third song was very out of place because it definitely fit in a musical, but it doesn't work with the other songs in your playlist. Your songs don't really fit together, in my opinion, and the theme interpretation is quite vague. I feel like this playlist was more you shoving your taste in our faces in an attempt to make a vague connection to the theme, and it just didn't work. It wasn't a "bad" playlist, per se, but it wasn't a final playlist. It wasn't a final punch. You get a 2/3 for how much I personally liked it.

I feel like you played it safe, by using songs you knew, seemingly, very well. With this playlist, you didn't act like you had made it in the final at all. In fact, neither of you really seemed like final competitors. These playlists seemed like first-round playlists. I was unimpressed.

I did like your less annoying take on the theme, and I understand your take on it, so I'll give you a 3.5/5 on the theme.

Your cover art was nice, although I would have liked a better font for the title and artist name, as it was very essay and not album-covery at all, and your flow was fine, but your songs, essentially, had the same tempo, like Moana said. You get a 1/1 for both, though, because I don't see any major flaws with them.

Your total score is 7/10.

Oofis:

Personally, I liked your playlist more than Cosmic's, but not by much. However, I think your flow suffered, and your literal take on the theme was kind of smartass-y, and it was...not very funny. The title's a mouthful, and I'm not even gonna attempt to write it out. I'll just refer to it as 'your title'. Personally, I wasn't super impressed with your playlist either. It wasn't awful, it wasn't amazing, it was just okay. You get a 2/3 for my personal take on it.

You took a lot of thought from your second playlist, which was smart because it placed much better, but it was inconvenient because a song was unavailable in my country, just like last playlist, which made me annoyed because I had to listen to it on YouTube. It causes your flow to suffer, and it's kind of hard for me to judge without your flow being completely solid. As far as I know, your flow was fine otherwise, but each song was kind of the same, and the second song seemed really out of place in my opinion. I'll give you a 0.75/1 for the flow, like Moana.

I feel like your cover was cheesy, and I found it unimpressive. I think you should have put a lot more effort into it, instead of putting your name, drawing some lazy heads, and putting the title on it with a font like bleeping Corsiva. I'm giving you a 0.75/1 for the cover art and description. Your description saved you. A lot of the time long descriptions can get irritating, but this one wasn't.

I liked your story, I think it was a good way to tell the story of the two people trapped under the box, but I think your literal take on the picture was a dumb choice, and it wasn't risky at all, unlike your autumn playlist, which was much more risky. It just seemed like a giant "eff you" to the judges, and that annoyed me. I kind of got lost during your playlist, and frequently I was wondering how this was supposed to relate to the theme, and then I had to remember that you were being edgy and cool and literal. I wasn't very satisfied with this playlist, and I wish you had taken it in a metaphorical way instead of a literal way. I'm giving you a 3/5 on your theme interpretation.

Your total score is 6.5/10.

Penguin022's Reviews:
Cosmic: 7/10

This playlist is possibly your most consistent playlist yet. You had good transitions, your cover was good, but this was truly a step up for you. I wasn't that interested in any of the songs themselves, but they felt much better in context with the playlist, and had a very consistent tone that didn't get boring, which has been a big weakness for you in the past. The biggest advantage for you here is that since the playlist was only 5 tracks, it gave your more chance to shine and not go longer than I think you are comfortable with, and it gave you a simpler environment to shine in, as all of your tracks fit the theme and were consistent and flowed pretty well. The tracks aren't that special to me personally, but I think this was a big step up.

Headmaster Oofis: 6/10

Before we begin, your title was sorta kinda funny I guess, but I thought it became funnier with the album cover. That being said, IDK what happened to your flow with this playlist, it felt much more choppier than usual for you, and all but the final transition were kinda distracting and felt off imo. Your song choices fit fairly well with the theme, although the songs were pretty boring and generally not very good. For a playlist that is supposed to prove your taste, this was pretty lackluster as far as taste goes compared to your previous playlists. It fit preeeeetty well with the concept as I said, although it felt fairly energy-less at times. I've seen you do better.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:15:07 PM by Penguin022 » Logged

Phil Swift
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

I have no words

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »

Playlist Results:
Winner:
COSMIC! Congratulations!

who can't love that face
Shaggy (Feb.5)
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

Playlist Results:
Winner:
COSMIC! Congratulations!

Louie
Restaurant Star

Hm.

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 30, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »

Playlist Results:
Winner:
LOUIE Congratulations!

"I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of" - Louis C.K
Profile Pics:
- May 30 Idubbbz logo
June 2 - Tree Face
June 3 - Foo Fighters
June 6 - Castiel
June - 8 Kurt Cobain
June 12 - Rico
June 13 - None
June 14 - Dream Theater Train of Though Album
cover
June 16 - Crowley
June 20 - Satan
June 26 - Papa Louie Running
July 2 - Jacksfilms logo
July 8 - Homer Simpson
July 11 - Steve Buscemi
July 12 - Pixies Album Cover
July 14 - Big Pauly *AyKooChao
July 18 - H3H3
July 23 - Papa Louie Running 2
July 29 - Error
August 12 - Jimmy Neutron
August 20 - Mr. Meeseeks
September 24 - Peter Draws
October 16 - Systematic Chaos
November 24 - Far Cry 5 logo
January 28 - Rdr 2
March 6 - This Old Dog
April 23 - H3H3
June 4 - Berd
June 4 - Eric Andre(About three 3 minutes after the last pic
August 9 - Louis C.K
August 29 - Soda is Just Spicy Water
August 29 - OwO
September 11th - Fancy Fibers
September 21st - DAMN.
Phil Swift
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

I have no words

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 30, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »

Congrats louie

who can't love that face
Shaggy (Feb.5)
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 30, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »

YAY LOUIE Cheesy

Louie
Restaurant Star

Hm.

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 30, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »

Oh bloop that also the 1000th post

"I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of" - Louis C.K
Profile Pics:
- May 30 Idubbbz logo
June 2 - Tree Face
June 3 - Foo Fighters
June 6 - Castiel
June - 8 Kurt Cobain
June 12 - Rico
June 13 - None
June 14 - Dream Theater Train of Though Album
cover
June 16 - Crowley
June 20 - Satan
June 26 - Papa Louie Running
July 2 - Jacksfilms logo
July 8 - Homer Simpson
July 11 - Steve Buscemi
July 12 - Pixies Album Cover
July 14 - Big Pauly *AyKooChao
July 18 - H3H3
July 23 - Papa Louie Running 2
July 29 - Error
August 12 - Jimmy Neutron
August 20 - Mr. Meeseeks
September 24 - Peter Draws
October 16 - Systematic Chaos
November 24 - Far Cry 5 logo
January 28 - Rdr 2
March 6 - This Old Dog
April 23 - H3H3
June 4 - Berd
June 4 - Eric Andre(About three 3 minutes after the last pic
August 9 - Louis C.K
August 29 - Soda is Just Spicy Water
August 29 - OwO
September 11th - Fancy Fibers
September 21st - DAMN.
hyewon
they/them
Restaurant Legend

stan loona stream butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 30, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »

Moana's Reviews:
It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back

While I do think it is great that someone decided to try a literal interpretation of the theme, because it's unique and it's a great idea, I can't really get behind this idea. It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is unique, It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is different, but in the end, It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back isn't as special as a theme where someone interprets it according to how they feel metaphorically about the image. I can still see where you going with It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, and there was a lot of effort put into It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. I think that Pompeii is great for this theme. I'll give you a 3.25/5 for your interpretation of the theme. The flow is well done, but much of the songs are of the same tempo. There wasn't enough risk. I'll give you a 0.75/1 for the flow.

I give you a 2/3 for my personal opinion on It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. I loved Pompeii and High Hopes, but as I said in the flow, I do think that it would have been better if you were a bit more risky with this theme. Isn't that what you thought would help you in autumn? It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back could have benefited from that.

The title of It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is funny, but I'm not giving bonus points for that. I do enjoy your description and cover art for It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, I can see that there was effort put into both, so I give you a 1/1 on the thematics.

It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back is an overall good playlist. My final critique is simply that it doesn't really succeed in anything. It's alright, but you could have done a lot more to make It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back really stand out, instead of being something I'd expect an Oofis to listen to on a usual evening. I give It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back a 7/10. Good effort.

Tough Times

Tough Times is a great interpretation of this theme; it's what I was thinking of. "Weight Of The World" works well both metaphorically and literally, for example, and not just in one sense, which is one of my main critiques with It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back. You are correct that the song titles tend to speak for themselves; I think that Say Something was perfect for this theme, and it wasn't something I was expecting. I give you a 4/5 for your great interpretation of the theme, and a 1/1 for the flow, which seems to be great, even though some of the songs have different compositions.

I give you a 2.5/3 for how much I like Tough Times. Just like I told Headmaster Oofis with his It's Kind Of Hard To Hold Up A Great Big Cardboard Box On The Street With Only One Other Person For Help And You Don't Know Who Might Be Staring At You From The Back, I don't feel that there was enough risk, but it's mitigated as I personally enjoy this a lot, especially Say Something.

I love the cover art, it truly is amazing. I give you a 1/1 for that alone; the description is good, too.

lajoie's Reviews:
Reviews:

Cosmic:

I didn't mind your playlist until the third song. I found Rachel Bay Jones' voice grating and very annoying. The third song was very out of place because it definitely fit in a musical, but it doesn't work with the other songs in your playlist. Your songs don't really fit together, in my opinion, and the theme interpretation is quite vague. I feel like this playlist was more you shoving your taste in our faces in an attempt to make a vague connection to the theme, and it just didn't work. It wasn't a "bad" playlist, per se, but it wasn't a final playlist. It wasn't a final punch. You get a 2/3 for how much I personally liked it.

I feel like you played it safe, by using songs you knew, seemingly, very well. With this playlist, you didn't act like you had made it in the final at all. In fact, neither of you really seemed like final competitors. These playlists seemed like first-round playlists. I was unimpressed.

I did like your less annoying take on the theme, and I understand your take on it, so I'll give you a 3.5/5 on the theme.

Your cover art was nice, although I would have liked a better font for the title and artist name, as it was very essay and not album-covery at all, and your flow was fine, but your songs, essentially, had the same tempo, like Moana said. You get a 1/1 for both, though, because I don't see any major flaws with them.

Oofis:

Personally, I liked your playlist more than Cosmic's, but not by much. However, I think your flow suffered, and your literal take on the theme was kind of smartass-y, and it was...not very funny. The title's a mouthful, and I'm not even gonna attempt to write it out. I'll just refer to it as 'your title'. Personally, I wasn't super impressed with your playlist either. It wasn't awful, it wasn't amazing, it was just okay. You get a 2/3 for my personal take on it.

You took a lot of thought from your second playlist, which was smart because it placed much better, but it was inconvenient because a song was unavailable in my country, just like last playlist, which made me annoyed because I had to listen to it on YouTube. It causes your flow to suffer, and it's kind of hard for me to judge without your flow being completely solid. As far as I know, your flow was fine otherwise, but each song was kind of the same, and the second song seemed really out of place in my opinion. I'll give you a 0.75/1 for the flow, like Moana.

I feel like your cover was cheesy, and I found it unimpressive. I think you should have put a lot more effort into it, instead of putting your name, drawing some lazy heads, and putting the title on it with a font like bleeping Corsiva. I'm giving you a 0.75/1 for the cover art and description. Your description saved you. A lot of the time long descriptions can get irritating, but this one wasn't.

I liked your story, I think it was a good way to tell the story of the two people trapped under the box, but I think your literal take on the picture was a dumb choice, and it wasn't risky at all, unlike your autumn playlist, which was much more risky. It just seemed like a giant "eff you" to the judges, and that annoyed me. I kind of got lost during your playlist, and frequently I was wondering how this was supposed to relate to the theme, and then I had to remember that you were being edgy and cool and literal. I wasn't very satisfied with this playlist, and I wish you had taken it in a metaphorical way instead of a literal way. I'm giving you a 3/5 on your theme interpretation.

No reviews from Penguin because he sucks

by then, mitsuko souma was dead. in fact, she may have been dead a while ago.
physically, several seconds ago.
mentally, ages ago.
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 30, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »

Oofis wins for that title no questions

Phil Swift
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

I have no words

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 30, 2018, 07:20:31 PM »

Moana's Reviews:

Tough Times

lajoie's Reviews:
Reviews:

Cosmic:

Oofis:

No reviews from Penguin because he sucks

There
Thank yoyu

who can't love that face
Shaggy (Feb.5)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 126   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.