Poll
Question: Will Abu Elias Kyrat First Place get first place?
Yes, it says so in the title! - 6 (54.5%)
Elias is not getting first place lol
- 5 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 126   
Print
Author Topic: Flipline Forum Playlist Battle: Season 5 [I GUESS]  (Read 55418 times)
yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:11 PM »

Phil's made me die

The same thinng, but with you thay you are askjoe.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Franchise Owner

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »

I'm not sure if Phil's cover art is amazing or horrible, but it's absolutely iconic
ITS BEAUTIFUL

Snom.
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »

I like furutsu but all I can think of is "fursuit" Sad

Snom
Theo
Food Critic

fivehead

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »

why is that all you can think of though
Dr. Phil Swift
Forum Meme Master
Restaurant Pro

RIP Juice

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 13, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »

Crying Laughing Crying Laughing Crying Laughing Crying Laughing

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
1. nothings ever my fault, if you believe otherwise, then say hello to a fresh permaban
PB&J Dip is the Pink Gold Peach of the holiday ingredients
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
Top 10 most surprised anime moments.
Now kiss me
yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 13, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »

I'm a furry guys

Oofis
Restaurant Legend

The OG avatar

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 13, 2018, 08:50:27 PM »

Scores and final results

TransCatgirlsRiseUp:
Oofis
Straight off the bat, your linking of the songs to fruit is fairly obvious and surface level, with every song either having a fruit in the title of the song or album. Your flow was decent enough, there were a couple of mishaps at the end that were kind of a step down from the stronger beginning. Your first four tracks were good choices, some weren't my taste but they fit your interpretation of the theme well. Unfortunately the playlist really starts to drag on towards the end, culminating with an atrocious 8 minute closing track that I can barely bring myself to call a song. This would have worked out great as a tight 4-5 track EP for a final round, but as it is, it's a strong 5.5/10, not bad but not great either.

Leia
For starters, the transitions and the flow of this playlist was absolutely incredible — I have no idea how you were able to start with Lemon and end up at Grapefruit Moon without any weird sudden shifts in style. It. Was. Incredible. That being said though, the only real tie to fruit was in the title - none of the songs really reminded me of fruit. However, when I thought about your title and listened again, it made a bit more sense (like laboring for a goal vs literal fruit). But unfortunately, that’s not the theme, so it’s not going to count for any points in my book. Also, I enjoyed the kind of musical chaos in the last song but it started to get somewhat repetitive by the end. Overall, I really love love loved the flow but it just wasn’t fruity enough for a higher score. 8/10.

Ted
Obviously since this theme was difficult, lots of people went the safe route of just looking up names of fruit for their songs. I’m not going to criticize you too harshly on that. What I do say is that I feel that the first four songs and the three songs after those are two completely different playlists and don’t really work together. I get that you explained that in your description but I feel like in the end it just doesn’t mix well. I do give credit to you for having those two sections that make sense together. The flow is mostly okay. Your cover art doesn’t exist. Most importantly, the last song is actual garbage and sounds like something straight out of DHMIS. Did you even listen to it? Did you…did you like it?
I’m giving this a 4.5/10.
Phil Swift:
Oofis
Now normally I don't comment on contestants' cover art, it's there more to support the music than as a standalone project, but I have to call you out for this abomination. Not only is it too bright to look at, it's also a gif, meaning it's technically not usable as cover art. You couldn't print this out on paper and use it as a CD cover, for example. In terms of the content, it's fine enough, I'm not sure what you were thinking saying Chasing Colours would appeal to me specifically though, it was hands down the worst song on there. Apart from the clumsy flow, most of the other songs fit decently, and you interpretation was good, even if I don't think it goes anywhere exciting. All things considered, I'm giving this a 4/10, as I've heard worse before, but I overall didn't enjoy it as much as the other playlists.

Leia
So the beginning was a little rough, wasn’t a huge fan of the first two songs. A little too dark for me to relate to fruit. But the next songs made up for it - I loved Fresh Strawberries and She’s a Rainbow and there was just a really nice middle chunk that made me think “hey! fruit!”. Chasing Colors was alright - it felt weird and artificial right after Coconut Mall - so I didn’t love that. But El Baile De Los Mangos came next, and while I had no idea what was happening in the song I absolutely loved it. (I’m also very tempted to give you points for adding an Otamatone song at the end, but I won’t do that). Overall, a pleasantly fruity playlist with nice beachy vibes and some weird spots. 7/10

Ted
Okay, good job for spending time on your cover, but it’s way too bright and annoying, and cover arts can’t even move. Moving on, the problem with your playlist is that either the songs are excellent or atrocious. What I found even more interesting was that they were actually alternating? I loved the first, third, fifth, and seventh songs, but I don’t know what drugs you were on adding the second, fourth, sixth, and eighth ones. Like, I felt that I was getting ear cancer after listening to Chasing Colors, and then you put El Baile De Los Mangos…The entire playlist was just very mediocre and had equal goods and bads. Taking that cover into mind,
I’m giving this a 4.5/10.
lajoie:
Oofis
Of everyone's interpretations of this theme, I'd say you have the best one, as there are no obviously fruit related songs on there, but you were able to make the link using descriptors. The execution was... questionable at best, but it did match up with the description which redeems it somewhat. Overall it was a good background playlist, and it didn't get exceedingly boring, but there weren't many standout tracks either. Apart from What I Need and Hi High, which worked well, it was very average, which is why you get a very average 5/10 for your playlist.

Leia
If I’m being honest, good playlist, but nothing reminded me of fruit. The first song was interesting at first, but it became mildly repetitive and nothing about it screamed fruit - it was a little too heavy. That heavy feeling continued through Fake Love. The next transition was good, but Hi High was so high and poppy, it would’ve been better on a playlist about candy. The last songs were fine, but nothing screamed fruit. Overall, like I keep saying, nothing screamed fruit. It was a fine playlist, but most of the songs felt too heavy and almost emotional to be about fruit.  4/10

Ted
Right away, good job on actually having a cover, even though it probably took a maximum of two minutes to make. Also, I appreciate the fact that you tried to go outside the box and come up with songs that weren’t obviously fruity or had fruits in the title. But with just “bright, poppy, and annoying” as a description, I went in with this mindset that the songs would just be completely random, and was met with exactly that by the first and second song. My personal bias against BTS’s Freckle Lump aside, why were those there anyway? That being said, the rest of the playlist actually wasn’t that bad. A lot of the songs were very cheerful but not over the top, and kind of fit the theme in a non-obvious way. So overall, not bad.
I despise you but I’m giving this a 6.5/10.
Cinnablob:
Oofis
When I first looked at this track listing, I could tell I was in for quite the ride, and it showed throughout the playlist. As it went on though, I feel like you might have forgotten the theme when you picked some of these songs. The theme was fruit, not vegetables, and you could make the argument that technically cucumbers are fruit and should therefore be allowed, but Dance of the Cucumber didn't match your description regardless, so it doesn't get a pass, and neither does Vegetables. As for the rest, well it's not something I'm gonna remember in a few days from now, but the actual fruit related songs were highlights, as was the closing track which was actually a fun listen despite it being vegetable based. Overall it's a 5/10, as I feel the positives and negatives of this playlists balance each other out.

Leia
I struggled a lot with this playlist. On one hand, it made me smile and laugh and I really really enjoyed it. On the other hand, 3 of the songs were explicitly about vegetables, and Dr. Jean’s Banana Dance had vegetables in it. So anyways. Starting off, Dr. Jean’s Banana Dance was an absolute bop and lyrically brilliant but it got a little repetitive after a while. The transitions weren’t fairly sudden and surprising, but the songs themselves were pretty good. Also, Banana Song made me question my existence I didn’t love that. And the last song wasn’t even about fruit! Overall, great playlist musically, but the fruit theme just wasn’t always. 6/10.

Ted
I love your description, especially the part where it doesn’t exist. Your cover art doesn’t seem like that much effort was put into it but at least you had one. And looking at your playlist, besides the obvious fact that all of the songs had fruits (…and vegetables) in the title, it looked quite easy to make. I had very mixed feelings overall about your playlist. On one hand, I found a lot of your selections HILARIOUS…and a lot were also just annoying. The first song was funny but eventually got tedious and repetitive. Froots was just alright, and Fruit Salad was amazing, but I’m a Banana was just indescribably bad. And the theme was fruits, not fruits and vegetables. 3/8 of your songs were about vegetables. The Coconut Song…was interesting.
I’m giving this playlist a 5/10.
Penguin022:
Oofis
I really don't have a lot to say on this playlist. Your interpretation of the theme was painfully basic, but it worked well for you. Your flow was decent apart from a couple of slip ups around the mid section, and the playlist didn't run for too long. Some songs, like Nothing On You and Shining On A Star, didn't fit the theme at all, but Raspberry Beret and Lemon were good if obvious picks. Overall you get a light 6/10.

Leia
First three songs were pretty great, upbeat, flowed into each other, and weirdly reminded me of oranges. Like really big, bold, oranges with crowns. Which I appreciated. It was thematic. The transition from Wouldn’t It Be Nice to Lemon wasn’t great, though - it was very sudden and a very weird shift. The two songs after that were okay- Swinging on a Star felt fruity, but I couldn’t quite see Nothin’ on You. I also felt like following with those songs just made Lemon stand out even more. And then you ended with Sunday Candy, which is a song I absolutely love and felt fairly fruity. Overall, the first and last bits were great but the middle just stuck out too much for my liking. 6.5/10

Ted
Your description was spot on, this playlist sure was chill and uplifting. For the most part, anyway. The majority of your songs were upbeat and I felt it fit the bright fruity theme well. Modern Love, Raspberry Beret, and especially Wouldn’t It Be Nice were some of my favorites. Alternatively, ABC and Nothin’ On You were just terrible and shouldn’t have been there. The cover was simple but cute. Overall pretty decent.
I'm giving this a 6.5/10. This is about as long as your descriptions so byeee
Louie:
Oofis
Your idea of starting the playlist with your favourite fruits and progressing to the less appetizing ones is certainly interesting, but like a lot of these playlists, it's a little basic for my liking. The playlist's flow was fine enough, nothing I can call you out on but nothing spectacular. I think with this playlist you might have forgotten that Penguin wasn't judging this season, as this is the kind of playlist Penguin would fangirl over, but for me, it's kind of okay, there are standout tracks but there are a couple of duds too. Which is a shame because this playlist could have got a pretty good score. For this it's a light 5.5/10, another average but not great playlist to add to the pile.

Leia
The first three songs were alright and had a good flow - not the fruit feel I was expecting, but a fruit feel none the less. However, Apple Blossom was a little heavy to be fruity (the name checks out though). Then there was a weird transition to Banana Pancakes, and then a minute of silence after the song ended? Chewing Apple of Your Eye was kind of boring, and Peach Scone didn’t make me think about fruit — all I could think about was how bad I felt for the singer. And then Strange Fruit was a bit of a let down - it’s a beautiful song, but that cover wasn’t that great. It’s also not actually a song about Fruit. Overall, you had an okay start, but it unfortunately went downhill from there. 4/10.

Ted
Unlike some special individuals that judged previously, I’m not prejudiced against YouTube playlists. First of all, it’s obvious that the songs were just picked for the title, which can be understandable. Your description was fine, but having a playlist get progressively worse like this won’t benefit you. It started out okay with decent songs with a somewhat acceptable flow, but then the last three songs were a joke. I don’t know if you did that intentionally but that is still a deduction.
I’m giving this a 4/10.
Zuki-Chan:
Oofis
So this is a recurring theme throughout all the seasons of FFPB, and it's not exactly one of my favourites. I've never been a fan of the Vocaloid style, and for as varied as it can be, it's kind of difficult as a judge to give a rating for something that simply isn't my taste. Extra points for having the only kiwifruit song out of all the playlists, even if it is a blatant cash grab, or point grab in this case. Apart from Kiwi, this wasn't as enjoyable as other playlists, but your flow was good and a couple of songs held their own in terms of relating to the theme, so I'll give you a strong 4.5/10. Could have been worse.

Leia
I thought there was a nice progression in this playlist. You started out with a bunch of bright songs - Fruits Party was bright and upbeat, but not too peppy, which I really liked. Strawberry Princess was similar, but a little repetitive. Sweet Strawberry and Topping Fruits were both a little too peppy for fruit, but it wasn’t overwhelming and there were sections of the song where the upbeat ness was fine. The playlist ended with 3 somewhat heavier songs that, even though I was skeptical at first, achieved fruitiness. Overall, this playlist had a good flow from upbeat (some of which was too peppy) to a heavier and more content fruity quality. 7/10

Ted
Is the cover just ripped straight out of Google Images? You didn’t even want to put your name, or the playlist title, or anything? If it is, that’s just lazy. And the only reason why I’m giving you a hard time on this is because I really don’t have anything else to complain about.
When I looked at your playlist song titles, I have to admit that I rolled my eyes, but you definitely changed my mind. Your description was interesting, and it told a nice story. The voices were a little bit grating and irritating, but I still liked the songs themselves. They put me in a good mood, and it had nice flow. The one thing I hated was the Banana Song, because that ridiculously edited voice was just way too much. For the last song, I love the sort of melancholy you tried to go for, but the problem with those computer pianos is that you can’t really make it sound emotional. There are some great piano covers of real people playing the song that I feel would’ve just made this playlist even better. Overall, excellent job and definitely the best playlist I’ve heard.
I’m giving this an 8/10. Nice work.

FINAL SCORES!!!:
Since I don't like the whole average score thing, I'm using the total scores out of 30. Sorry if you don't like this method
Ted/Leia feel free to go back to the averaging for your rounds

1. Zuki - 19.5
2. Penguin - 19
3. TCRU - 18
4. Cinna - 16
5=. lajoie/Phil - 15.5
7. Louie - 13.5

With that, I'm sorry to say that Louie has been eliminated from Season 3 of the Flipline Forum Playlist Battle.

Your host for the next round is Algodecathlon, who will be announcing the next theme soon.

stan oofis stream flip hop
Dr. Phil Swift
Forum Meme Master
Restaurant Pro

RIP Juice

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 13, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »

bleep did I dodge a bullet right there I'm sweatin

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
1. nothings ever my fault, if you believe otherwise, then say hello to a fresh permaban
Now kiss me
yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 13, 2018, 08:55:22 PM »

IKR

Also damn guys RIP Louie eliminated round 1 twice in a row

Theo
Food Critic

fivehead

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 13, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »

The next theme is...:
yves
stan loona
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 13, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »

so depression

Dr. Phil Swift
Forum Meme Master
Restaurant Pro

RIP Juice

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 13, 2018, 08:59:40 PM »

The next theme is...:
I want to die right now

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
Now kiss me
TransCatgirlsRiseUp
Trainee

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 13, 2018, 09:01:36 PM »

Once again I am beign attacked for presetning new ideas
Theo
Food Critic

fivehead

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 13, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »

So, you've made it to the Top 6.

Each participant will send in a playlist of 7 songs to all three of the judges to be scored out of 10. The top 3 playlists will advance their owners to the next round, taking us one step closer to finding out who will win the third season of Flipline Forum Playlist Battle!

Round 2 Playlist Notes:

Your playlist should have a title.
Your playlist should have an "album cover".
Your playlist should have a description.
Your playlist must have exactly 7 tracks.
Your tracks should have a specific order.
You are allowed to have one artist appear more than once on a playlist, although contestants are discouraged from doing so.
You are not required to put your playlist into a service, but it would be appreciated. If you do so, please use Apple Music, Spotify, Youtube or Soundcloud, and PM me the link to the playlist along with the information about your playlist.
You have 72 hours to PM your playlist to the judges (Headmaster Oofis, Algodecathlon and Leia). Due October 17th at midnight EST. (time zones suck so if you can't be bothered looking up my time zone that's fine, I can't be bothered looking up your time zone either).
The 3 contestants with the highest overall scores will advance to the next round. This may be changed if enough people choose to leave.
If you have any difficulties or questions, PM me or post here.

The actual next theme is...:
Your concept for this round is a Week.

Each day of the week (for special ones: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, in that order) must have a song to represent it. The seven songs in your playlist should have one song per each day of the week.

Good luck and have fun.
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 13, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »

Judges have poor taste confirmed. lajoie/Phil/Cinnablob had the best playlists and you know that.

Snom
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 126   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.