Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   
Print
Author Topic: Of Castles and Candles [T] (Collab with Moana)  (Read 2902 times)
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »

I think my chapter is next Smiley

Brother E: Don't you guys know sarcasm when you hear it?
Phil Swift
f l e x b u p 何
Restaurant Master

I have no words

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2018, 09:02:37 AM »

I'm the spoiled brat. of course... It's fine I just really hope I'm not like that for the whole story, I might start getting annoyed over myself Laugh

who can't love that face
Shaggy (Feb.5)
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get character development

Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

QUARFECTA

ཨ་གཡའ་དྲེདཏན་ཛིའི་ནད་་ཏནཨ་པུ་ཅ་ཛ་ནད་།
God is closest at the top of the world

The smallest of all the kingdoms, Quarfecta has been forgotten to the world. It remains spoken of in legends, but exploring the Range is no easy task; it is the most difficult terrain in all of Fliplinia.

Containing a population of approximately 277,000 people, Quarfecta is concentrated around three cities in the mountain valleys in the kingdom's centre-left, with the right being uninhabited, but rumoured to contain many mythical beings.

The capital of Druk Chokusu is right beside Druk Quarfecta, the monastery where it is said that the five kingdoms were created. It is here that the first Buddha of Quarfecta achieved enlightment and spread her word to the kingdom to follow her peaceful ways of loving kindness and meditation. The Buddhas have, with one exception, all lived exceptionally long lives and ruled firmly, but with love.

Quarfecta is a hiding spot for fugitives, who attempt to surmount the dangerous mountains of the Range in order to escape trouble. Though the majority do not survive, some do, and are usually swiftly imprisoned.

Quarfecta is the land of the wild and the unknown; most of it remains untouched and pristine. Do you ponder on what is going on as Buddha Ted Deca keeps trying, in vain, to repel the prisoners from revolting? Then tune in on Friday to read the next chapter, focusing on this situation!

Наша
родина -
Россия!
Avatars (as of 1 January, 2018):
1 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Lovely)
8 January, 2018 - Glacia (Battle Pose)
16 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
21 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Aether Throne)
30 January, 2018 - Lusamine (Portrait Tragic)
7 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Curled-Up)
19 February, 2018 - Lusamine (Regal)

25 February, 2018 - Glacia (Regal)
6 March, 2018 - Lusamine (Reminiscing)
17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
31 March, 2018 - Lavender
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

12 May, 2018 - Forest Bloom
2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna
30 June, 2018 - African Sunset

20 July, 2018 - No Avatar
11 August, 2018 - Hibiscus
20 August, 2018 - Nine Wickes
24 August - Forest Trails
5 September - No avatar
29 September, 2018 - Autumn View
13 October, 2018 - Path of Leaves
14 November, 2018 - Россия
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2018, 04:01:51 AM »

next is a chapter with me so im hyped Hooray

The color of mood is blue
Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2018, 05:54:46 AM »

Beautiful teaser!

Цвет настроения синий. Внутри Martini, а в руках бикини.
Под песню «Синий иней» она так чувствует себя Богиней.
Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2018, 09:07:05 AM »

Chapter 5
Aum

“Aum,” whispers Buddha Ted Deca, as he walks slowly around the walled Drukpa Quarfecta, a posse of monks following him as they perform their daily morning walking meditation. “Aum,” reply the monks, feeling energy radiate through their bodies.

The Drukpa Quarfecta is the centre of this tiny region; a lookout from where all three villages are visible, along with the prison on the peak of Jengish Chokusu, the place where the five kingdoms were created many centuries ago. But the other four have forgotten about Quarfecta...and now only desperate fugitives make the treacherous journey across the Range to seek refuge, not knowing that they will all be imprisoned upon arrival.

And there are some scouts; Ross Omé decided to stay in Quarfecta after arriving from the Subtropics.

Silently, the monks ascend the Drukpa Quarfecta and ring the morning gong. It is taboo to talk unless necessary on the mountains; for the mythical yeti hear every word.

Focusing his energy inwards during the morning mindful meditation, Ted thinks back to when he was fifty six years old, and what he had learned that year. It was sixty five years ago. Through meditation for over a century, his memory has become near photographic. Ted remembers meeting the toddler Ember Moon, and the attempted rebellion that winter. That had been his first major decision as the Buddha, after his ascension to the position when he was fifty one.

The other kingdoms rever Raani Mystic for her six decades of rule, according to the Subtropicans in Quarfecta, but Buddha Ted Deca has ruled for seven.

The Druk Dragon horn begins blowing in the middle of the meditation; Ted and the monks quickly awaken as screaming is heard coming from Jengish Chokusu.

“The inmates,” thinks Ted. He has to stop them. They haven’t attempted a rebellion since seven years ago, when an unfortunate few had to be executed for continued disturbing of the peace.

He and the monks carefully, slowly, tread down the mountain pass, careful not to fall.

A roar can be heard from the capital of Quarfecta nearby. The prisoners; are they now free? Ted rushes to Druk Chokusu as quick as someone of 121 years can be, desperate to discover what is going on. Suddenly hearing another shout behind him, Ted turns around and gapes.

His face whitens.

It’s fugitive Faiz Ali.

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

STAY THE bleep IN THERE FAIZ

olivia hye
they/them
Restaurant Legend

stan loona stream butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »

ted finna die

by then, mitsuko souma was dead. in fact, she may have been dead a while ago.
physically, several seconds ago.
mentally, ages ago.
Theo
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »

Cheesy

Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »

TED DONT DIE

ALso I love ted's character~

Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »

THE GRASSLANDS

Peak to valley, lake to steppe, united
Irokwaka hadoni, mitchika giri, pada
ᎤᎬᎴᏅᏁᏯᎣ, ᏓᎯᎸᏍ, ᏉᎵ
Mmiiltsoh’áá, bíyóła’hra, į́į́ʼbideeʼłáaʼii
ᐱᔪᓐᐊᓯᖅᖁᓱᐃᑦᑐᕿᓛᒃᑰᑦᑑᑉᓇᓗᓀᖅᖅᓯᓂᐊ
AsiQqusuittUqilaakkuuTtuupnalunaiQqsinia
Myółapideeʼłáa, píyóomyoła’hra
Kris'iki m'boo, mitiki takana, q'h'uroun
ᎤᎣᏓᎫᎯᎫᎯ, ᎬᎿᎦᏍᏛ, ᎫᎵ
ᐱᔪᓐᓇᖅᑎᑕᐅᓂᕐᒧᑐᕿᓚᖁᓇᓗᓀᖅᓯᓂᐊ
Morqo hokori, qiriqo tori, ahru
Pijunnaqtitaunirmutuqilaqunalunaiqsinia

The very diverse Grasslands of the west are mainly composed of flat steppes with beautiful rolling hills, the occassional sparse forest or savanna popping up towards the south and east, respectively.

The Grasslands contain only about 27,000,000 people throughout the kingdom. It used to be the most diverse kingdom, but centuries of colonisation of the indigenous peoples have led to persecution for a long time. It is only under the last two kings that this practice has been stoppe. Now, the indigenous peoples are celebrated, and the eleven native tongues that have over one thousand speakers have attained official status.

The vast size of the kingdom, and the many conflicting ethnocultural issues, have resulted in the Grasslands facing turmoil at times. It is still reeling from the effects of a civil war six decades ago and is the least developed of the kingdoms.

The M'boo Plains contain the largest of the steppes, being filled with low, rolling hills for days on end, while the foggy Madeira Coast towards the south contain towering pastel cliffs named after the ruling Madeira family. In the northern mountains, resort towns for skiing exist, and the huge mountains of the Range protect the peaceful and sleepy Grasslands from the barbaric Icelanders towards the north. Meanwhile, on the border with the Subtropics is the huge Mitchi Gumi lake, where the small capital, Kisoni, is located on the shore.

The Madeiras rule from a beautiful castle, a relic from eight centuries ago, that is on a forest river. Queen D. Walker Madeira is organising party festivities, travelling to the coastal, merry town of Sioux near the Range. She is happy to see her people openly celebrating their cultures, but there is a mystery for her in the alleyways...tune in tomorrow to find out what!

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2018, 03:45:21 PM »

I can't wait to see d-walksr's party!

Moana
Русский
Radley's Rival

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »

Chapter 6
Merryfest - Zuki-Chan

“Step up, step up! Ever wanna try to bob for an apple? Win an apple if ya win, ye folk!” yells a cheery old man from a podium. Young songstress Zuki-chan of the M’boo Plains smiles as she makes her way through the walled portion of Sioux, watching happy families laugh and smile back.

Sioux was the cheery birthplace of Queen Walker, and as such, the planned festivities will be centred around this port town. The annual Merryfest has already been set up near the port, and everywhere around her, Zuki-chan can see boxes and construction workers unpacking them. She wondered if she would get the chance to see a member of the Madeira royal family today! She envied their lifestyle.

Zuki-chan’s parents were still in M’boo; they didn’t want to travel for a week to see the festivities. She wasn’t sure why her parents disliked the royal family so much. They could’ve stopped by just for the Merryfest, anyways.

A middle-aged, well-dressed man approaches Zuki-chan. She sees, in his hands, counterfeit money.

“My lady, would I be able to interest you in-”

“NO!” she yells, interrupting him and walking away speedily. King Joe Madeira had broke free from the Grasslands’ old currency, but so far it’s led to nothing but inflation. It didn’t matter to Zuki-chan; she had faith in the King to reverse the decision soon. Though it was worrying how much power he seemed to command these days...

Suddenly, Zuki-chan screams. “Young woman, with a voice of gold…” screeches an old woman who jumps from an alleyway.

Her aura was...calming. Soothing.

“Your spirit is radiating pessimism. Today you will be asked a big question,” the old woman croons. “Choose wisely. One choice will lead to your innocence remaining, and another will open up insecurities. Would you like to know what to choose, for just three golden Maderons?”

“No, thank you,” Zuki-chan replies. That was a lot of money! She hurries away from the strange old woman, ignoring her demands to come back, and slowly realises that she is now lost in the alleyways of Sioux.

She could hear the festivities of the Merryfest towards her left, so she jogs in that direction, only to hit a dead end.

Slowly, carefully, Zuki-chan creeps around the dark alleyways. She hasn’t heard great things about them. She begins singing to relax herself. When singing, Zuki-chan sings in one of the seven native languages of the Grasslands.

“Wami wimi mitu gara gimi giti, mi gawumi ura i ba biti.” Demons whisper to us evil and misguide, but God guides me to the right path. Zuki-chan wondered if the Madeiras spoke any native languages; it’s common for the aristocracy to speak nothing but English.

-

Around half an hour later, the sun is setting, leaving beautiful orange streaks in the sky. And yet Zuki-chan remains lost in the alleyways, no longer hearing the happy laughter from the Merryfest. Where could she be? Will she be safe?

She hasn’t eaten for a long time, and her stomach aches for food. The road here is old; Zuki-chan has already tripped twice. She doesn’t know what to do anymore!

Zuki-chan fights back tears as she sits down, resigning herself to failure. This was scary...her parents were right. Going to Sioux on her own was not a good idea.

Looking up, Zuki-chan suddenly sees a beautiful figure glide towards her. She tries to say hello, but realises that she can’t. Her heart feels like it’s going to burst.

“My dear young girl...what are you doing here?” The woman looks familiar. She is donning a sparkly green robe, with a purple cape.

No response.

“Come with us. We do not wish to harm you. I’ll take you to a better place,” the mysterious woman bluntly, but calmly, states. “Simone, ready the carriage!” she yells towards an alley on the right. “We have a guest who is lost after the festivities.”

Zuki-chan reluctantly follows the woman, wondering why does this tall, beautiful, and elegant woman want anything to do with her. And why is she so familiar?

“You seem tired and lost, my dear, but I can see that you wear the badge of the M’boo youth choir.”

Zuki-chan nods, still confused.

“Listen, I’ll get right to the chase. My husband is unfortunately as unconcerned with the festivities as Tsar Mat is with his subjects.

“Have you ever wanted to sing for your queen?”

Zuki-chan faints.

Наша
родина -
Россия!

17 March, 2018 - Colress
24 March, 2018 - Spring
14 April, 2018 - Tulips
21 April, 2018 - Shaymin

2 June, 2018 - Lilac
16 June, 2018 - Savanna

5 September - No avatar
Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »

Aaah this was really good!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.