Question: Well does it?
Yes - 37 (61.7%)
No - 9 (15%)
a little bit - 6 (10%)
no answer - 8 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   
Print
Author Topic: Does Joe saying "God does not exist" in the shoutbox every 5 minutes upset you?  (Read 6735 times)
Stormzee
Papa's Replacement

Im Ready

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »

Will his mod powers taken?

Long Signature:
My sugnature move:
Linchy lynches away
Ask my fc's questions in my new fc topic - http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=64348.0
Check my new fc archive - http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=64681.0
Adopt a fc in my new fc adoption - http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=64766.0
ask me questions in my new Q&A - http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=60129.0
Hey look I changed my name
Restaurant Pro

beefers

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2020, 03:00:50 PM »

We’ll see. If he keeps this up, then maybe

Lord I was born a ramblin’ man
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy!
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho
it looks like all these posts were created by hippies
pipper pig lol
papas stomach doctor mia???
What do you expect from a crab who wipes his butt with money?
A massive delete wave?
Smol Mac
I would only eat sausage on buns.
Brother E: I was being SaRcAsTiC.
Also, I remember that topic now. It was for the TWG.
Xolo, more like Brolo, am I right?
So much nightmare fuel, I love it!
Times flies when you just see characters die one after the other I guess
I'll take a Double Triple Bossy Deluxe on a raft, 4x4 animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease; make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.
A man has fallen into the river in LEGO City!
Matt [Feb 13 02:16 PM]:   hey
Okay I made one in a similar style: Pensive
I have two balls to send...
And I’m Peppa Pig! Snnmoorr
10 Haunting Photos Taken Moments Before Disaster.
Rico's Intense Anus
i'm not in the mood to lose brain cells please talk to somebody else
Diamond Midas
Holi Pasta!
Restaurant Master

Stanning Lunar New Year Despite the Haters!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2020, 03:05:36 PM »

User's have complained about his behavior for literally years (as long as I've been here and some) but Matt has never really even talked about the issue, it's nice to see he received a warning this morning, but if I'm gonna be real, that is actually the first time I've ever seen Matt take action on what Joe says. Joe was also never punished afaik for saying a racist joke relating to middle easterners.
This is because Matt doesn’t believe in God.

#RIPHDGames 2012-2019
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »

Out of curiosity, has this formally been brought up to him by another mod (or Matt himself)?

Yes besides what Kaito said - he was mass reported in like 2017 for making allahu akbar jokes and Matt said he was warned. Former now inactive mod D-Walker came on the forum to say she thought he should be demoted but never came online again

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Ocean Drive
Cute Jeans
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2020, 01:06:38 AM »

Look, here's what I think.

It does bother me that he has to slam people's religious views every time someone says the trigger word in front of Joe, but the actual problems are caused when people take offense to it and rise to it, retaliate. It's just Joe being Joe and we can ignore him doing that. It's just an opinion he holds that he takes to the extreme. And I'm starting to think these so called "fights" are being made worse than they really are. It's just debate. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should then retaliate and try and get their powers stripped away from them, because as a moderator, Joe is fine. He'll merge what you ask him to, delete, ban people, whatever is needed. I don't think he should be demoted, I think people should just let it brush past. He's been doing it for years, why now do we want him gone?
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »

Look, here's what I think.

It does bother me that he has to slam people's religious views every time someone says the trigger word in front of Joe, but the actual problems are caused when people take offense to it and rise to it, retaliate. It's just Joe being Joe and we can ignore him doing that. It's just an opinion he holds that he takes to the extreme. And I'm starting to think these so called "fights" are being made worse than they really are. It's just debate. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should then retaliate and try and get their powers stripped away from them, because as a moderator, Joe is fine. He'll merge what you ask him to, delete, ban people, whatever is needed. I don't think he should be demoted, I think people should just let it brush past. He's been doing it for years, why now do we want him gone?
It's because no one (me included) likes the fact that someone who holds moderation status is this toxic and uncaring for other peoples beliefs and feelings. And it's not really "now" that we want him gone, people have supported demoting Joe as far back as 2017, when his antics started to get turned up a notch. Just because he can do everything a mod can do (Merge topics, delete post) doesn't mean another user like Nick or JEBZ couldn't be able to themselves if he (Joe) was booted and someone else was asked to take up mod task. Not to mention we do have 2 other global moderators now, who do those exact same things anyways. Speaking of them, do you ever see Kaito or Pizzaccino just randomly throwing into the shoutbox "God does not exist" or something along those lines? That's because they don't, because being a moderator doesn't mean you have to influence everything based on your religious belief, nor does being moderator on this forum have literally ANYTHING to do with religion. He's not abusing mod powers, or doesn't carry his weight, but instead makes everyone around him annoyed by non-mod related comments he throws out. I understand this won't change your opinion, but I do see reason for somebody to take the side of demoting Joe. If anything, the fact even a single person supports demoting Joe and means it without joke, that already shows that people are in someway fed up with the situation and want action taken.

Joe is clearly getting a 2nd chance, that warning he got didn't take away his powers, so hopefully that warning will change how he acts, and if he really does cut the crap, then that's great and I'd love for him to stay a moderator if he really does end his comments. I have no problem with Joe being a mod, but I only want him to be a mod who just acts like a normal, no random anti-religious comments, moderator.

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Ocean Drive
Cute Jeans
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2020, 01:28:27 AM »

I think that he should definitely not say it when someone says "Oh my God" (which actually offends me more when people say "Oh for God's sake" or whatever) but I find the main problem to be people's retaliation. But Joe being a moderator, shouldn't talk back. I agree.
Jacobarmada
Onion since 2014
Papa's Replacement

Joined since KCP 2014

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2020, 06:26:57 AM »

Any mention of someone saying "God" somewhere in the shoutbox when Joe is around, he always says the same thing.

Ocean Drive
Cute Jeans
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2020, 06:43:20 AM »

If we all PM Matt at once our concerns for thia matter maybe it will work
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.