Poll
Question: Should I only do the news once a week? (I would of course have breaking news for anything big that were to happen)
Yes Please - 6 (60%)
No Thanks - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   
Print
Author Topic: Flipline Forum News Channel (FFN11) v2  (Read 9930 times)
Ianiant
FC Maker
Better Than Papa!

R.I.P. Elemenopee

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2018, 06:40:01 PM »

I think I have the right to be offended.

This forum has been a happy place for me for a long time and the community has gotten me through many times when I've felt depressed or lonely.

And now, because of the Discord, most of the community has left. There are only a few people left for me to talk to or participate in topics with. TWG was always very fun for me and I enjoyed reading Phil's news to catch up on the latest drama. Now, they're both dead. TWG can't continue because most of the forum regulars have left for the Discord, and there's no news on the forum.

The forum community has abandoned the forum and now me and a few others are stranded here, clinging on to the remains of a once beloved community.

I personally much prefer a forum structure of that of Discord because of the organization of topics and boards. But, if you wanted a Discord structure, there was LITERALLY already a discord server existing made by Ataino. Some people complained it was too inactive. Well, if it was inactive, then maybe it wouldn't be if you guys joined instead of creating your own server.

The forum's been MUCH more dead than this (i.e. May 2018). Also, I too am uneased that fewer people will be on here to talk to or see my creations, but there's not much we can do about it. These people were going to leave someday, regardless of whether or not the Discord was made.

Check out my AWESOME FC's (and maybe ask them a question):
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24278.0

"We dodm." Matt 2:39
Mystic
~Sonja~
Food Critic

❤❤❤❤❤❤

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2018, 06:50:38 PM »

People moving on from the forum is something that shouldn't come off as a surprise to us.

Some people feel they have fulfilled their purpose here and have now decided to move on. This is normal thing that should be embraced. We have to keep in mind that one day; the people who are here now will depart as well. We have to think about the well-being of people. I know it's hard to see friends you once knew leave but, what more can you do? And for the remainder of people who are still here, we need to to enjoy one another's company and keep each other in good spirits. And welcome the newcomers with open arms.

And if someone wants to keep track of the news and post it, feel free to do so.

~Drink Water & Grow Lovely!~
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2018, 06:54:45 PM »

I think there’s already a radio as well that posts about stuff here too.

Soup Mia
I am the egg man
Restaurant Legend

Time for some cookin'!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »

I think there’s already a radio as well that posts about stuff here too.
Yeah I made it
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43983.0

The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
Juliana: It doesn’t matter if no one else believes in you. You only need one, and that’s yourself. #JuliStrong
JEBZ Komics [Nov 05 03:16 PM]:   Brother E: Church just came on today, TCOMIB.
Oofis
Restaurant Legend

I am an oofis.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »

People can do whatever they want, no one's forcing anyone to stay on the forum, and if they're leaving in favour of Discord, then so be it. It is true that no one likes newbies but it's also true that they're the future of the forum, so I say we put all our faith in newer members and hope for the best

stan oofis stream flip hop
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »

People can do whatever they want, no one's forcing anyone to stay on the forum, and if they're leaving in favour of Discord, then so be it. It is true that no one likes newbies but it's also true that they're the future of the forum, so I say we put all our faith in newer members and hope for the best
Did people hate newbies? I think maybe people would just wonder when they’ll understand how to use the forum, but I think that’s it, unless I’m wrong here and not realizing about it?

Mystic
~Sonja~
Food Critic

❤❤❤❤❤❤

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »

I personally never hated them.
It just annoyed me when some only came here for KCP and left. But other than that, I am completely fine with them.

~Drink Water & Grow Lovely!~
Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2018, 07:12:22 PM »

I personally never hated them.
It just annoyed me when some only came here for KCP and left. But other than that, I am completely fine with them.
I kind of agree too, only because it just meant they wanted to make sure their customers would get more support.

Leia
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »

So there were a few reasons for moving to the discord that have already been stated, and here's another: When I first joined, we were the young preteens that this forum was designed for. But we're teenagers now, and some of us are even in college. The forum's format and rules no longer work for us, and by staying, we're causing more stress for Matt who has to constantly deal with all of the rule breaking. So we moved.

Also newbies were most definitely not the cause of the discord

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

I can't think of a new profile pic...

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2018, 12:41:50 AM »

Did anyone say they were?

Spoiler:
The only way the forum wouldn't have any hope left of continuing would be if it stopped accepting new members. I know people are leaving for the Discord, but that's hardly new I think. People are leaving all the time. The forum has survived until now because there's also people joining the forum all the time. If the community here remains open towards new members, the forum will survive. Forcing people to stay and/or boycotting the Discord isn't going to make the forum any better. If anything, it'll make things worse, because a bunch of people who would rather be on the Discord are here instead. By not boycotting the other options, we make sure that everyone who's here, is here because they want to, not because of some misguided sense of 'responsibility' for the forum. There might be fewer people left, but it is a lot better than a forum filled with unmotivated people.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Resolutely
burnin n itchin
Tomato Toppler

M-m, booboo.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »

So there were a few reasons for moving to the discord that have already been stated, and here's another: When I first joined, we were the young preteens that this forum was designed for. But we're teenagers now, and some of us are even in college. The forum's format and rules no longer work for us, and by staying, we're causing more stress for Matt who has to constantly deal with all of the rule breaking. So we moved.

Exactly. We’re doing Matt a huge favour rn.

Love lovely peaches 4ever
Zuki-Chan
Not a orange.
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »

I am not a fan either discord or the forum.

Inactive...
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

I can't think of a new profile pic...

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »

I am not a fan either discord or the forum.
Then why are you here?

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

The color of mood is blue
Цвет настрое
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2018, 03:25:25 PM »

The people that left for discord only stayed on the forum for the community. But our community found a new home, so matt is probably happy that people that never talked about flipline are leaving and creating room for a new flipline-oriented community

Цвет настроения синий. Внутри Martini, а в руках бикини.
Под песню «Синий иней» она так чувствует себя Богиней.
Цвет настроения синий. Внутри Martini, а в руках бикини.
Под песню «Синий иней» она так чувствует себя Богиней.
http://www.flipline.com/kcp19/26jx4ukz6vt Vote for Leila, Sveta and Aria!
Theo
Food Critic

fivehead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »

^
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.