Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Author Topic: Negativity On The Forum  (Read 344 times)
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »

So I've been scrolling through the forum a lot more than I usually do recently, and the more I look through it, the more I notice how negative the people of the forum can be sometimes. I don't know if people are just trying to get a point across in a more demanding way or what it is, but I'm kind of annoyed of seeing people bossing others around the way they do here. Who agrees with me?

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
Papa Louie 2 in 2013 and multiple other times
Papa Louie 3 in 2015 and multiple other times
Cactus McCoy in 2015 and multiple other time
Cactus McCoy 2 in 2015 and multiple other times
MarkiplierFana!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »

So I've been scrolling through the forum a lot more than I usually do recently, and the more I look through it, the more I notice how negative the people of the forum can be sometimes. I don't know if people are just trying to get a point across in a more demanding way or what it is, but I'm kind of annoyed of seeing people bossing others around the way they do here. Who agrees with me?
^This, it’s like the same thing happens every day and that’s why people left

Hi I’m a person

Spoiler:
Matt [Feb 25 05:46 PM]: @Markiplier we only do the contest when we have a brand-new game coming out soon
Matt noticed me~ :3
SpongeBob29
Not a troll
Restaurant Pro

Not a troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »

First of all, there's nothing problematic going on in this forum, except for a few things maybe.
The main problem with society is that words like "positive" or "negative" and "good" or "bad" are deemed as objective by society. These words are not used very well nor they're used objectively.
If you think there's any negativity on this forum, you should provide us some specific examples. I don't know how you guys want this forum to be. People just listen to what their parents tell them, such as "manners", things that don't really matter as much as people think. Society's view of positivity has become a huge problem, because society is extremely high-standard and have high expectations for people, so those people are trying to listen to society and become "better" people. This is the problem that nobody really talks about. This is not to say people should be unique/different, because that's totally pointless. It makes no sense. People also use dumb terms to describe others, to the point where those terms have become meaningless and have no definition whatsoever.

Not a troll
Speedo
FC Creator
Papa's Replacement

Phantom of the Forum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »

I agree with you, kory. Even though I've only been on this forum for six months, I have noticed that this forum hasn't been as positive as it could be. But I think I'll just put this quote here.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

IN THIS HOUSEHOLD WE SUPPORT AND RESPECT PEPSI ...but what were they thinking when they sponsored that halftime show?

Ask a question here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42379.0
My FC's: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44033.0
Icons:
Jan 1 - Brick, Total Drama
Feb 9 - Blaise x Callisto
Feb 27 - Gundham Tanaka, Danganronpa
Mar 10 - Green Mask
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

Hello! This is Andrew!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »

I agree with you, kory. Even though I've only been on this forum for six months, I have noticed that this forum hasn't been as positive as it could be. But I think I'll just put this quote here.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Brother E: Correct. Wink
Also, it's just not the forum, but it happens on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and a lot more places. But we don't need to spread here.

What to say here......maybe hello?
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 03:49:26 PM »

Brother E: Correct. Wink
Also, it's just not the forum, but it happens on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and a lot more places. But we don't need to spread here.
Agreed.

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:51:15 PM »

First of all, there's nothing problematic going on in this forum, except for a few things maybe.
The main problem with society is that words like "positive" or "negative" and "good" or "bad" are deemed as objective by society. These words are not used very well nor they're used objectively.
If you think there's any negativity on this forum, you should provide us some specific examples. I don't know how you guys want this forum to be. People just listen to what their parents tell them, such as "manners", things that don't really matter as much as people think. Society's view of positivity has become a huge problem, because society is extremely high-standard and have high expectations for people, so those people are trying to listen to society and become "better" people. This is the problem that nobody really talks about. This is not to say people should be unique/different, because that's totally pointless. It makes no sense. People also use dumb terms to describe others, to the point where those terms have become meaningless and have no definition whatsoever.
I'm sorry; I may not have worded this the best way that I could have. I was basically trying to count regular arguing and insults as negativity. I really should have worded it differently. I cannot tell if you are angry or not; if you are, I would like you to know that I am sorry, Spongebob.

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
SuperMarioBros
Nintendo Switch Owner
Restaurant Star

Our princess is in another castle...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »

It's because of people taking a controversial stance and others getting mad.
The same individual (I won't name names) will post something, well, for lack of a better word, weird, and people, especially those on the Discord, react in negative ways. I know I have done this in the past, and if this individual knows who they are, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry; I may not have worded this the best way that I could have. I was basically trying to count regular arguing and insults as negativity. I really should have worded it differently. I cannot tell if you are angry or not; if you are, I would like you to know that I am sorry, Spongebob.
No need to apologize, he's being his usual self.

SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE
Links:
My Scooperia Order: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42172.msg2013143#msg2013143
Coming Soon: Papa's Cakeria: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42590.0
Vote on my Tournament: (Link soon)
Mario: Feb 11
Luigi: Feb 25
Toad: Mar 11
Goomba: Mar 25
Princess Toadstool: Apr 8
Bowser: Apr 22
(Every two weeks)
Canta-Loop
Pal Pro
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16:40 PM »

There used to be someone having the username No No No. That's triple negativity expressed in the repetition of the word "no". So obvious that one member couldn't stand so much negativity in it so it all was spread through the forum in a matter of time.
(In case of being misunderstood, it was just a joke, right?)

Hello darkness my old friend...
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 03:24:31 PM »

There used to be someone having the username No No No. That's triple negativity expressed in the repetition of the word "no". So obvious that one member couldn't stand so much negativity in it so it all was spread through the forum in a matter of time.
Ha ha! I kinda like that one.  Laugh

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
SpongeBob29
Not a troll
Restaurant Pro

Not a troll

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 07:16:31 PM »

What kind of regular arguing and insults in particular?

It's because of people taking a controversial stance and others getting mad.
The same individual (I won't name names) will post something, well, for lack of a better word, weird, and people, especially those on the Discord, react in negative ways. I know I have done this in the past, and if this individual knows who they are, I'm sorry.No need to apologize, he's being his usual self.

Admit it then. It doesn't matter who it is, just say it.

Not a troll
Oofis
Papa's Replacement

stan oofis stream giani

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »

Who are you

My name is Oofis and I am an oofis. I am also the forum's favourite music nerd, check out my thoughts on the current music scene here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41475

My second album, Cyana, is (not likely) going to be released soon! Stay tuned for more info: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41475.msg2054029#msg2054029
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »

What kind of regular arguing and insults in particular?
Most of the time, it is people thinking that they are smarter and better than others. It's usually a case of they're right and you're wrong. Other times it is doing something that they purposely know makes another person mad. For example, (this one actually included you) I saw some people purposely trying to tick you off by using sentences that started off with "me when" and ended off with something that was usually irrelevant to the topic.

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

weird flex but okay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »

Most of the time, it is people thinking that they are smarter and better than others. It's usually a case of they're right and you're wrong. Other times it is doing something that they purposely know makes another person mad. For example, (this one actually included you) I saw some people purposely trying to tick you off by using sentences that started off with "me when" and ended off with something that was usually irrelevant to the topic.

except the first case is a person trying to antagonize people, the second is people making jokes not meant to offend

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
LXXXIX - Win - Disguised Wolf
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCV - Game Died - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
XCIX - Win and MVP - Angakkuq
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIII - Loss - Disguised Wolf
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVII - Lose - Seer/Servant/Human
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
CXI - Win and MVP - Arsonist
CXII - Win and MVP - Espionage Wolf
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
doesn't pick name with most votes
kory_316
I am a person
Burger Flipper

The name's Kory.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »

except the first case is a person trying to antagonize people, the second is people making jokes not meant to offend
Yes, I understand that, but they were annoying Spongebob and they kept doing it after he told them to stop so...

Games Completed:
Hot Doggeria in 2013
Donuteria in 2015
Bakeria in 2016
Pancakeria HD in 2018
Freezeria in 2018
Wingeria in 2019
Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.