Poll
Question: Do you think this is a good idea?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   
Print
Author Topic: Holiday Paths  (Read 1446 times)
Speedo
FC Creator
Restaurant Master

Underrated king

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »

I voted yes, but I do see how it could be difficult. I posted these two quotes and I bolded part of their post for a reason: See, I don't really think the problem would be about time consuming, but more on how to program it. This could be difficult due to...

...the customers themselves. Every Flipline customer has their own favorite holidays and ingredients. While some have had multiple holidays as their "favorite" due to being a filler or such, it could be complicated on how they will have to arrange the list of customers in each game with this feature. On the other hand however, they could just make two (or more) separate lists of customers for each holiday path. That way, they can flow well in the games without it becoming weird, like a customer favoring a holiday they don't seem to fit in/like. The only problem then, is game file, as this could increase the size depending on the code.

Either way, it just depends on what Flipline is comfortable on doing, if they even want to try to implement this in the future.
I have been thinking about this lately. If Flipline does decide to implement this into a future game, I don't know how they would handle this.

The solution I came up with was: have a choice to select what holiday you want on the first year, and it automatically goes to the holiday you didn't choose on the second year. It's a flawed solution but it's the best I could come up with.

Check out my FC topic!: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44033.0
Wanna know something about me? Ask a question here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42379.0
My Icons:
Jan 1 - Brick, Total Drama
Feb 9 - Blaise x Callisto
Feb 27 - Gundham Tanaka, Danganronpa
Mar 10 - Green Mask
April 9 - Onionfest Sarge Fan
June 1 - Professor Layton
June 13 - Ocean Throwing Blaise
June 27 - Animal, The Muppets
June 28 - Ocean Throwing Blaise... Again
July 12 - Cherry Pepsi
July 17 - Kingsley's Customerpalooza 2019 Entries!
August 8 - Ode Made It To KCP19!
August 28 - Akira, Wii Sports Gang
August 31 - Keaton
September 13 - My Art of Ode for KCP2019
September 18 - My Drakson Art
Survivor Results:
Survivor Season 10: Easter Island - 7/13 (Hanga, Moai, Ragi)
Survivor Season 11: Mozambique - 13/17 (Namuli)
The Yes Men
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »

I feel like savage Tony is about to drop a roast in this topic

yo
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy! Dizzy
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho

Pizzaccino
OC Maker
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 06:00:49 PM »

I have my popcorn ready.

Ianiant
FC Maker
Restaurant Master

I'm broken inside.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »

I was thinking they would make separate lists for each path (like how I did with the Saladerias).

Speedo
FC Creator
Restaurant Master

Underrated king

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »

I've got my shield up and ready

Check out my FC topic!: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44033.0
Wanna know something about me? Ask a question here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42379.0
My Icons:
Jan 1 - Brick, Total Drama
Feb 9 - Blaise x Callisto
Feb 27 - Gundham Tanaka, Danganronpa
Mar 10 - Green Mask
April 9 - Onionfest Sarge Fan
June 1 - Professor Layton
June 13 - Ocean Throwing Blaise
June 27 - Animal, The Muppets
June 28 - Ocean Throwing Blaise... Again
July 12 - Cherry Pepsi
July 17 - Kingsley's Customerpalooza 2019 Entries!
August 8 - Ode Made It To KCP19!
August 28 - Akira, Wii Sports Gang
August 31 - Keaton
September 13 - My Art of Ode for KCP2019
September 18 - My Drakson Art
Survivor Results:
Survivor Season 10: Easter Island - 7/13 (Hanga, Moai, Ragi)
Survivor Season 11: Mozambique - 13/17 (Namuli)
The Yes Men
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »

I've got my shield up and ready

You’d better

yo
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy! Dizzy
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho

AwesomeHwy
LIFEISAGOODPARTY
Restaurant Legend

RamEN YA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »

I was thinking they would make separate lists for each path (like how I did with the Saladerias).
Maybe

WHAT? AWESOMEHWY??
IS IT YUMMY?
NOOOOOOOOPE! IT'S HIGHWAY!
Em Can I eat it?
Errr, it just a name please. Wink
Ianiant
FC Maker
Restaurant Master

I'm broken inside.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 08:55:56 AM »

Matt [May 15 10:53 AM]:   @Ianiant yup! I do enjoy the idea, not sure if we'll do something like that in the future (since it'd make developing the games take much longer) but it's definitely something for us to think about

Q For Quality
PP&P
Restaurant Legend

2/10, not anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »

Matt [May 15 10:53 AM]:   @Ianiant yup! I do enjoy the idea, not sure if we'll do something like that in the future (since it'd make developing the games take much longer) but it's definitely something for us to think about
I think Matt has come to my words because this idea is great but time and money consuming

Wanna know what the 3 Ps mean? Pal Professional and Perfectionist most of all
Check out my Q&A topic!!! Link: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46111.0
Check out my FC topic for updates!!! Link: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46346.0
#TeamRachel_TFCG2019
Hilarious Quotes:
"Oh, I am not Mr. Bombolony. I am the scariest thing known to man! A failed math test!"
"You can run, but it won't be to the college of your choice, I tell you!"
Okay I guess. I don't really know what you mean by another day because that could be anytime between tomorrow or your death.
Ianiant
FC Maker
Restaurant Master

I'm broken inside.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »

I think Matt has come to my words because this idea is great but time and money consuming

Why do you think of yourself so highly?

AwesomeHwy
LIFEISAGOODPARTY
Restaurant Legend

RamEN YA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 04:03:38 PM »

A hard work in the future

WHAT? AWESOMEHWY??
IS IT YUMMY?
NOOOOOOOOPE! IT'S HIGHWAY!
Em Can I eat it?
Errr, it just a name please. Wink
Bassettt
Blue Moon Master
Papa's Replacement

The Best Starter Pokemon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »

Has Matt said anything about whether there will be more HD apps???

Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi
My FC’s http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=46833.0
Gato
HAY PERO KEMOSION
Restaurant Master

Back to my origins [I Just Want To Live]

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »

I love the idea but I am afraid the customers' orders won't change. I explain, in some apps like Hot Doggeria or Scooperia, the orders remain the same even if the holidays change. So for an example, in HHD Tohru unlocks CBF in May, but in HTG CBF is replaced with CDM which is also unlocked in May, and Tohru turns into a time customer that favors CDM, but orders ingredients not much congruent with the holiday. Same with Rita, this happened both in HHD to HTG and PHD to PTG.

In Scooperia for PC and HD there isn't CDM but it appears in the To Go version, however, in all the games Franco favors Baseball Season despite having CDM. And many stuff like that, so, i don't think they can take the time to mold all the 120 customers to have different orders with each path without being like a copy paste basically.

I wish it was like what happened with the Cupcakeria versions, like the orders would change each game, at least a little different and customers would have congruent orders. For example, Maggie unlocked CDM in CTG and also liked CBF in CHD, however her order isn't the same as it was in CTG with the CDM ingredients, and also Maggie favored CBF in further games. But I know doing this would take even more time.

Long Signature:
The cookie lover has arrived!
StevenUniverse:
STEVEN UNIVERSE ARMY!!! Join the Steven Universe Army now by making you picture of steven universe or a signature about it!

Members:
1. Epic~Nerd RIP (We'll remember you)
2. Ataino
3. TheBlackberryGuy
4. GATO39
Participate on my fan Tournament: Mi Musica xD
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20666.0

Don't forget to read my fanfic: Criminal Case Flipline Edition
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20293.0

Get the rhythm with: Music Battle.
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23064.0

Always have in mind:
¨"Totally agree,  need to try to respect each other here, and if there's a user someone just can't get along with, they should just not interact with that user.  Posting rants (whether "constructive" or not, and especially when not asked for) is just a form of harassment."
Matt                          2016

Survivor Rootings:
Survivor 30: Shirin
Survivor 31: Shirin, Stephen & Tasha
Survivor 32: Aubry, Cidney & Neil
Survivor 33: Hannah
Survivor 34: Andrea, Aubry & Cirie
Survivor 35: Ashley, JP & Roark
Survivor 36: James, Kellyn & Sebastian
Survivor 37: Gabby, Lyrsa & Natalie
Hopefully one of them makes it

Please vote ;-;
http://www.flipline.com/kcp19/cauxfb0xcam
Ianiant
FC Maker
Restaurant Master

I'm broken inside.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2019, 07:14:57 PM »

I love the idea but I am afraid the customers' orders won't change. I explain, in some apps like Hot Doggeria or Scooperia, the orders remain the same even if the holidays change. So for an example, in HHD Tohru unlocks CBF in May, but in HTG CBF is replaced with CDM which is also unlocked in May, and Tohru turns into a time customer that favors CDM, but orders ingredients not much congruent with the holiday. Same with Rita, this happened both in HHD to HTG and PHD to PTG.

In Scooperia for PC and HD there isn't CDM but it appears in the To Go version, however, in all the games Franco favors Baseball Season despite having CDM. And many stuff like that, so, i don't think they can take the time to mold all the 120 customers to have different orders with each path without being like a copy paste basically.

I wish it was like what happened with the Cupcakeria versions, like the orders would change each game, at least a little different and customers would have congruent orders. For example, Maggie unlocked CDM in CTG and also liked CBF in CHD, however her order isn't the same as it was in CTG with the CDM ingredients, and also Maggie favored CBF in further games. But I know doing this would take even more time.

It would be like with the Cupcakerias.

CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

Well yes, but actually no

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »

Well, HD is being discontinued, so this is the only chance Matt and Tony will have different holiday line-ups.

They're discontinuing HD? Did they say why?

|\  /| |\  /| |\  /| |\  /|
| || | | || | | || | | || |
|/  \| |/  \| |/  \| |/  \|
Check out my Q&A: CaseyCat's Q&A!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.