Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Shadow (Chapter 11 out!)  (Read 307 times)
inb4
Hungry for Hunger
Restaurant Master

A Subaru’s a Subaru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »

Nice part!

Sign up for the FC Olympics! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45025.msg2125254#msg2125254

This is Bob. He needs a new torso.
/ \
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

Aaaghhh!!! I stubbed my toe!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »

Brother E: Interesting part! Wink

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

Now, you're probably wondering what this idea of mine was. Here it is: I was going to sell... test answers. Everyone would buy it! Homework is all very well, but doing well on the test is what really matters. If I could devise an easy, undetectable way for them to get perfect grades every time, who wouldn't pay for that?

Of course, I first had to devise it. Countless hours I spent poring over classroom maps and test protocols, trying to think of something. I had to make it completely foolproof, because one mistake could expose my entire operation. But then finally, it hit me. I had invented the perfect cheating method.

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is. Don't cheat on tests.

But anyway, even though I had my method, there was still one more problem. One problem that was standing in the way of me selling test answers to all of Sakura Bay.

Basically, I had nothing to sell.

Obviously, in order to sell test answers to all of Sakura Bay, I had to have the test answers of all of Sakura Bay. And I had to have them before the tests actually occurred. And in order to get those, I would have to steal them. That was where the challenge came in. I had to break into every school in Sakura Bay and the surrounding region, multiple times.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »

Roc: Yes, true. Don't cheat. It's baaaaaad.
Ks: Nice part by the way. Wink

inb4
Hungry for Hunger
Restaurant Master

A Subaru’s a Subaru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 05:18:39 AM »

Interesting part!

Sign up for the FC Olympics! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45025.msg2125254#msg2125254

/ \
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 03:10:29 PM »

I had planned it all out beforehand. I would go in carrying pen and paper, copy down all of the test answers and get out of there. That was the general idea. My first target, of course, was the school me and Peter went to.

After school was over for the day, I hid myself inside of the supply closet. After I was certain everyone had left, I tried to get out... and the door to the closet was locked!

Yeah, I could have planned that better.

I panicked for a moment, then I started looking around for items I could use. I eventually used a stapler to open the lock.

Don't ask me how. I just tried using anything in any way possible and that was the first thing that worked.

Anyway, I made my way to the archive, where all documents of the school are being kept. I was promptly overwhelmed by the sheer number of documents in there. After a while, though, I figured out the system and got the test answers I needed. I quickly copied them down, then went to find a ground-floor window to escape through. I picked one that opened to the outside, opened it, clambered out, fell face-first into the wet grass, got up again, hit my head on the window, pushed it shut and ran away.

The following morning I was wrecked. Sore muscles all over, tired as anything, nerves jangling with tension, and a large bump on my head.

Well, 1 down, several more to go, right...?

inb4
Hungry for Hunger
Restaurant Master

A Subaru’s a Subaru

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 05:27:38 PM »

Nice part! Laugh

/ \
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 11:17:16 AM »

Brother E: Funny!  Grin

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »

That first break-in went relatively well, all things considered. I'd gotten what I came for, nobody found out I did it, and because I copied the answers to a piece of paper I'd brought with me instead of just taking them away, I could put everything back the way I found it. I got in before the school got locked down, and I left through a window I opened from the inside and closed back up afterwards, so no signs of breaking and entering there. Nobody suspected a thing. All they knew was the entire class was scoring A's and the supply closet lock mysteriously broke.

Now for the other schools, I couldn't just let myself be locked in after class, principally because I wasn't a student at those schools. Instead, I got one of my 'employees' at that school to leave open a window at the end of the day, which I would then use to get in. I'd close the window on my way out, so no trace got left behind. Well, I say no trace left behind, but obviously I was on security camera footage. They had no reason to watch it, however, and after a week it got overwritten.

We were ready to start selling our new product.

inb4
Hungry for Hunger
Restaurant Master

A Subaru’s a Subaru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »

Another great part! Hope he (or her) doesn’t get caught Grimace

/ \
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2019, 02:11:57 AM »

Another great part! Hope he (or her) doesn’t get caught Grimace
Nyushin is a girl, just to be clear.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 03:20:10 PM »

Brother E: Nice! Smiley I think she might get caught! Grimace

Archie
Pizza Topper

Remember me?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »

Wow, this story is really interesting! Most authors stop posting after 5-6 chapters but you have the dedication to make it to chapter 10! Great job!
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 11:02:44 AM »

Wow, this story is really interesting! Most authors stop posting after 5-6 chapters but you have the dedication to make it to chapter 10! Great job!
Thanks! And I'm nowhere near done, either!

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Franchise Owner

Flash Bomb!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:25:46 PM »

The first day we started selling test answers, nobody was interested. Apparently, they didn't think it possible that a little orphan girl like me could ever hope to steal the real test answers, and thought I'd just made it up. Only a few, desperate for grades, were willing to take the gamble.

Then, the day of the test came around.

Those who bought my answers all got perfect scores, while those who didn't all got insufficient grades. After they saw that it worked, they all wanted to buy my next set of test answers.

Now everyone in Sakura Bay was getting perfect grades on everything all the time. I kept my prices low enough so that everyone could just about afford them, and the money just kept on coming in.

I was getting bored, again.

I could not think of anything else to earn money from, so I started thinking about leaving the school. By now, I was in control of most Sakura Bay kids' pocket money, so I was rich enough to basically go anywhere.

I'd have to plan it carefully, though. If I suddenly left, it could cause problems all across Sakura Bay...

Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.