Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   
Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Shadow (Chapter 42 out!)  (Read 5029 times)
Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2019, 12:31:11 AM »

Is this fanfiction wrapping up or will it continue after the examination results?

Reddit: Archie_6201
Discord: Archie#6201

These are the only social media you can find me on, since I never got into using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Tiktok.
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2019, 12:35:57 AM »

A big part of it is wrapping up, but the story is far from over. It will definitely continue.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2019, 12:36:55 AM »

A big part of it is wrapping up, but the story is far from over. It will definitely continue.
Ah, so it's like Season 1 of a show is ending. There are more seasons coming up but nothing about the test.

These are the only social media you can find me on, since I never got into using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Tiktok.
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

As I said, I had a few days before the exam results came in, and I wanted to make good use of them.

I gathered as much information as I could about the different universities throughout the Flipverse, then started weighing the pros and cons for each of them in turn.

Frostfield University? From what I'd read, Frostfield was quite a decent university, but nothing too spectacular. They had great sports facilities, though, which might be interesting. However, that would mean moving to the icy town of Frostfield, which was a huge change from the relatively moderate climate of Sakura Bay. Was I ready for such a change in climate? Would I be willing to trudge through ice and snow every day, just to get to class? All for a university which was no more than average? I didn't think so.

Truffleton University, then? The most well-known university in the Flipverse, Truffleton certainly had no shortage of prestige. Professor Fitz taught there, as did the world-renowned ethologist and intrepid explorer Ripley. From what I'd read, they were the very best in their respective fields. However, they would not be around much to give lectures. Ripley was often gone for months, exploring the vast expanses of Munchmore. Professor Fitz spent most of his time tinkering away in his lab. No, Truffleton U was not for me.

Which left me with Torta Tech. Located in far-off Toastwood, this university was almost as far away from Sakura Bay as one could get, with the possible exception of Calypso Island. It was also a specialized university, meaning my options in picking a major were limited. The majors they did offer, however, were of much higher quality than at most other universities. Granted, it was nowhere near the level of Professor Fitz, but as I said earlier, Professor Fitz didn't teach that much anymore these days. The climate in Toastwood was really hot, but I was running out of options at this point, so I took it.

Now it was time to decide what major I would pick.

Torta Tech offered a wide variety of technical majors, ranging from Architecture to Electrical Engineering to Computer Science. They even offered a course on Industrial Design, but I felt like that wasn't for me. There were so many majors that I didn't even know what to do anymore.

Eventually, I just blindly picked out a random major. I landed on Computer Science.

DISCLAIMER: This is a very bad method of picking a major, and I recommend anyone reading this to properly think about what major you are going to pick, because it is very important.

I sent out a letter applying for Computer Science at Torta Tech, and then my exam results came in.

I had definitely passed it, and then some. All of the subjects were solid A's, and so my report card was good enough to qualify for a 'Magna bleep Laude'.

All in all, I had absolutely nothing to complain about.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2019, 12:08:41 AM »

'Magna bleep Laude'??

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »

'Magna bleep Laude'??
Thanks to the overzealous Flipline Forum censoring system. The original word could, in certain contexts, be interpreted as a swearword. Not in this context, though.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Ziggly Boom Boom
The Cheese-Eating God
Restaurant Legend

Anthony is ready to win!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »

ah i saw it

Long Signature:
Congrats to pleasehelpme:( for suggesting my current Forum name!
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Anthony: You need the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth to succeed in life. #AnthonyStrong
Join the forum Discord! https://discord.gg/RHNdcbg

Hope this helps.
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2019, 10:35:48 AM »

A few days later, I received the answer to my application letter.

"Dear Miss Fushigina,

As much as I admire your ambition, university policy dictates all students must meet certain requirements.
Since you're only 10 years old, you do not meet the necessary age requirement, not to mention the legal ramifications of your specific situation.

Seeing as nobody knows exactly what happened to your parents, they are officially presumed to still be alive somewhere, so they are still registered as your legal guardians. Since you're still underage, the university would need the written consent of your parents in order to register you as a student. I think I don't have to explain why that is a problem.

I'm sorry. I really wish I could accept you, but I can't. Try again when you're a few years older, okay?

Bethany Smith

Faculty of Computer Science Admissions Committee."

So, I was rejected for being too young. I suppose that was to be expected.

But I was not going to give up that easily. I just needed a different tactic.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2019, 11:16:23 PM »

oof, that's rough

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2019, 11:46:32 AM »

I decided that since I already knew I was going to study at Torta Tech, and I didn't have anything left to do in Sakura Bay, I was going to leave the orphanage behind and move to Toastwood, from where I could better plan how to get into the university.

It kind of pained me to leave Peter, Alex and everyone else behind, but at the same time I was glad to leave that chapter of my life behind me. No more skipping sleep to break into a school at night. No more fighting for whatever food I could get at the breakfast table. No more washing a thousand dishes every day. No more constant fussing about how to make more profit.

Of course, I would still have to be in contact with them occasionally, but not nearly as much as I used to be. I'd bought a phone, and if there was ever anything they needed me for, they would call me on that.

As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to disappear quietly. Apart from Alex, Peter and my successors, nobody knew I was no longer in charge. Everyone thought I just had ten new high-level underlings to do some of my work for me. If word got out that I wasn't even in Sakura Bay anymore, sales would decrease dramatically. If Nyushin didn't do it, how could anyone trust that it's done right? And who buys a set of wrong answers?

I made a note, which I left in a place where Peter would certainly find it. Then, I packed the few possessions I had left at the orphanage inside of my school backpack. I didn't have all that much, since I rarely ever spent my money. Attention was nice, but if I started wearing golden watches and the like in an orphanage, people were going to get suspicious.

I left that same night. I went through the window, since I didn't want to accidentally meet anyone I knew. As I walked away from the orphanage for good, I looked back one last time. I wondered when they'd discover I wasn't there anymore, how they'd react, if they'd be surprised.

I had told nobody I was leaving, not even Alex and Peter. That would have only led to tearful goodbyes, which I couldn't handle right now, and it was bad for business if people saw me crying.

As I made my way throught the moonlit streets to the train station, I felt more alone than I had ever felt before.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »

Nice chapter, excited for more!

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2019, 07:14:28 AM »

All I cared about at that point was getting out of Sakura Bay without anyone noticing I was gone. I had a backpack with a few mementos, a ballpoint pen, a mobile phone and a bank account with a considerable amount of money on it. Other than that, I had brought nothing.

I went through my preparations in my head one more time.

Even with my name being relatively well-known throughout the schools of Sakura Bay, relatively few had seen my face. Those who had been my classmates knew I had taken the exam, and would probably assume I was either full-time managing my criminal empire, or got into another, higher-level class. As long as the answers kept coming, nobody would think twice about it.

It might seem like I would be missed at the orphanage, but really, I wasn't too worried about that. To most people there, I was just a face in the crowd. Nobody connected the depressed loner girl at the orphanage with the criminal mastermind that provided everyone with all the test answers, all the time.

Nobody, that is, except Alex and Peter. They had been with me since almost the very beginning, and knew all about my empire, including the fact that I was no longer at the head of it, and to keep that a secret. But the note I had left for Peter, with the instruction to tell Alex, would prevent them from revealing my secret by accident.

All in all, the only way I could imagine for it to come out would be if I were spotted while leaving Sakura Bay.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

bjum

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person reading this...

Dr. Phil Swift
The Shoutbox Master
Food Critic

Super bowl SZN

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »

I'm reading it too

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
1. nothings ever my fault, if you believe otherwise, then say hello to a fresh permaban
PB&J Dip is the Pink Gold Peach of the holiday ingredients
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
Top 10 most surprised anime moments.
Now kiss me
As a cow I sign
It’s to help transport the baby on vacations to Afghanistan, and to hide the baby when running from the police
That's not a fun fact that's a sad fact
No you.
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=58174.0 Please support this!
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Papa's Assistant

Back for Season 2!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2019, 12:52:23 PM »

When I arrived at the station, I was reluctant to go inside. I was just a little girl, it was nearly midnight and I was travelling alone. I would attract lots of attention from security guards. I had to think of something.

But what could I do to avoid being noticed? Maybe I could try to...

"Well, if it isn't Nyushin Fushigina! Where are you headed this time of night?"

Surprised, I looked up to see an older kid staring me in the face. "Who are you?", I asked.

"Don't you remember? We met just before the exam! You showed me your notebook!"

Suddenly, it all came back to me. The guy who spoke to me in front of the sports hall! The one who asked me what my future plans are!

"Right. You know, I never told you what my plans were for after the exam!"

"Oh, that's right, I asked you, didn't I? So what ARE your plans?"

"I'm going to Torta Tech University, to study Computer Science."

"Sweet! I'm guessing that's why you're here at this time of night, to get an early start on your journey, right?"

"R-right. So what are you here for?"

"Me? I'm heading to Frostfield, to go and study there! But if you're going all the way to Toastwood, you're not carrying that much baggage for it."

"I'll be fine. Can you help me with something?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"As you have undoubtedly noticed, I'm very small, and I'd like to avoid being stopped by security guards for travelling alone." The plan was coming together in my mind as I spoke. "Could you maybe pretend to be my older brother or something? Just for a bit, so I can get on the train."

"Sure, no problem. Do you have a ticket or do you need to buy one first?"

"Umm..." That was something I hadn't thought of yet. I didn't even know which train I needed to use!

"Haha, it doesn't matter. Here, we'll go to the ticket machine together."

And so we did. We walked inside and went to the ticket selling machines, neither of us saying a word. I paid for a ticket to Toastwood, and I was just in time to get on the train before it left the station. I found a place to sit, and I settled in. It was going to be a long ride...

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.