Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   
Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Shadow (Chapter 34 out!)  (Read 2603 times)
Lil Nas Flex
Forum Meme Master
Better Than Papa!

I got the horses in the back

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2019, 07:07:05 PM »

This was a good chapter! Grin

The Yes Men
is charmin clean
Better Than Papa!

BOTTOM TEXT

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2019, 06:28:56 PM »

Sorry, I forgot about this topic. This is one of, if not the best-written fan fiction on the forum. I need to read all the parts that I missed. Smiley

yoyoyo mtv raps

Critical alert from Microsoft. Your computer has alerted us that it is infected with a virus and spyware. This virus is sending your credit card details, Facebook login, and personal emails to hackers remotely. Please call us at the toll-free number listed, so our support engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. If you close this page before calling us, we will be forced to disable your computer, to prevent further damage to our network. Error #268D3.
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy! Dizzy
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho
it looks like all these posts were created by hippies
pipper pig lol
papas stomach doctor mia???
What do you expect from a crab who wipes his butt with money?

this boi is 100% Charmin clean
Scorpion
Average FC Creator
Franchise Owner

Martin says Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2019, 04:00:42 AM »

Sorry, I forgot about this topic. This is one of, if not the best-written fan fiction on the forum. I need to read all the parts that I missed. Smiley
Agreed! Cheesy

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

Enigma is ready to judge in the FC Games!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »

It was still the middle of the night, and I had not gotten much sleep yet. I decided I would take a quick nap on the train. The chair was soft enough, and it would still be a while before I'd need to get off the train...

BOOM!

With a start, I opened my eyes. What just happened? What had caused that loud noise? Where was I?

Then I remembered. The rejection letter. The half-formed plan. The station. The train.

The train.

I stood up from my chair and took a look around. There didn't seem to be anyone nearby, which didn't surprise me, since it was such a late train. Something was off, though. I didn't know what yet.

I started walking through the hallway of the train, and still no-one was there. They were probably out looking for the source of the sound as well, I thought to myself. Or else they were hiding away under their chairs, afraid of whatever happened to the train. I wondered how fast the train was going...

Then it hit me. It wasn't moving anymore! The entire train had completely stopped!

When I got to the front of the train, I saw why. There was a giant hole in the ground where the front car of the train used to be. While I wondered how the train could have possibly exploded, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned around.

Alex was standing in front of me.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Hit the road, Jack!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2019, 07:13:51 AM »

Brother E: Caught up on reading all of the chapters. Smiley And wow! Wonder how the train blew, and how Alex found her? D:

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2019, 01:51:08 PM »

"Nyushin? What did you do to the train?", Alex said.

"I didn't do anything! How did you even find me here?", I replied.

"So you didn't blow up the train to stop me from leaving?"

"No! Why would you even think that?"

"I don't know, you just seem... determined I guess."

Then, it finally clicked in my head. He was leaving too. He thought I came here to stop him, by blowing up the train. He didn't know I was leaving too.

"Okay, this is the biggest coincidence in the world. I'm leaving, you're leaving, neither of us knew the other was leaving, and yet we both end up on the same train, which gets blown up for some reason."

"Wait, you're leaving too? Why didn't you tell me beforehand?"

"I left a note! You would've known in the morning!"

"A NOTE! You couldn't tell me in person?"

This was getting ridiculous. We were standing in the smoldering remains of an exploded train arguing about not telling each other we were leaving.

"STOP IT! This isn't the time OR the place for this!"

"You're right. I wonder why the train blew up?"

We got to work searching the wreckage, and then I found it. Sticking out of a piece of wreckage was a letter opener, just like the one I once used to escape from the principal's office. In fact, the more I looked at it, the more certain I was that it WAS the same letter opener.

Things only got weirder from there. I found the door handle of the cupboard I hid in that fateful afternoon, the papers Alex put my name on in order for me to be able to do the exam, singed black at the edges, and about a dozen copies of my notebook.

Then I noticed Alex was floating about half an inch off the ground.

"Hey Alex, did you know you're... floating?"

"I'm not floating! You are!"

I looked down. It still felt like I was standing on the ground, except there was no ground underneath me. I'd walked off of the wreckage and not even noticed. Gravity wasn't working properly anymore. What was going on?

Both me and Alex soon started rising up into the sky, despite me desperately trying to grab a hold of something, anything, to keep me on the ground. The sun felt so hot. I was sweating profusely.

I heard a voice. "Are you alright?"

"NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT!", I screamed back. "CAN'T YOU SEE I'M FLOATING OFF INTO THE SKY?!"

"Where are your parents?"

"HOW SHOULD I KNOW? GET ME BACK DOWN!"

I awoke to a worried-looking conductor standing over me.

"I came in to check your ticket", he explained, "but then you were sweating and flailing your arms about and..."

"Oh, that's alright, it was just a nightmare." I reassured him as I gave him my ticket.

"I get the impression you're a lot more mature than you look."

"Guess you can't always trust first impressions, huh?"

In the end, I managed to convince him that I was an 18-year-old with a growth disease. By then, though, it was already morning and thus too light outside to sleep any more. And there was still so much of the train journey left...

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Hit the road, Jack!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »

Brother E: Woah! The dream was a big plot twist! Nice story! Full of unexpected action! Grin

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2019, 05:21:38 AM »

I started walking around the train, trying to find something to do. It would still be hours before the train arrived at the next stop, and days before it got to Toastwood. I had thought of taking a plane instead, which would've been much faster, but decided against it since that required me to have a passport.

And school didn't start until after the summer holidays were over, anyway. I had time.

Just at that moment, my phone rang.

I started going back to my chair while I picked up the phone. Peter was furious.

"Couldn't you have at least told me in person?!? I didn't even have the chance to properly say goodbye!"

He went on fuming for a while, and I patiently listened to him, having nothing better to do at the time. Then I asked him if he'd done what I told him to in the note. I was relieved to hear that he had.

In the note, I had explained the situation to him, and told him to act as if I'd never even lived in that orphanage in the first place. At school, the official story would be that I had gone into hiding to continue running my business, and had direct contact with Alex, Peter and the successors only.

A lie can go undetected if no-one is able to verify it. In their mind, I would still be in Sakura Bay somewhere.

"How is Toastwood, by the way?", Peter asked. I explained that I hadn't gotten there yet.
"Oh, okay then." said Peter and hung up.

By now it was getting close to lunchtime, and I hadn't eaten anything since I got onto the train. Luckily, the train was about to stop at a station for a little while, so I got ready to get off the train.

The train stopped. I got off, ran to the nearest shop and bought a bunch of stuff for the trip. Sandwiches, a LOT of snacks, a couple puzzle books (sudoku mostly) and headphones so I could listen to music on the way. I paid for it with my bank card, stuffed everything in my backpack, and hurried back to the station, just as the train was about to leave again.

I quickly got on, heard the doors hiss shut behind me, and was nearly thrown off my feet when it started up again. Disoriented, I tried to find the place I sat before and couldn't, so I sat down somewhere else.

A little girl about my age sat across from me with her mother, staring at me with big, wide eyes.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Archie!
Better than you
Papa's Replacement

*snaps*

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »

Good job on making the chapters longer! Smiley

Microwaves suck!
Bro I hate wasting money on stuff that doesn’t work! Like, I bought a microwave and I used the pizza button, but when I opened it, it was still beans! SMH.
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2019, 02:52:36 PM »

I could tell the girl wanted to ask me something, but I was way too hungry at this point, so I just ignored her and started eating the sandwiches I bought at the station. I was halfway throught the second sandwich when she finally worked up the courage to talk to me. I guess I looked a little ragged and intimidating.

"Why are you alone?" was the first thing she asked. I told her it was because I had no-one to travel with.
"Where is your mommy?", she then asked. "I don't know.", I answered truthfully. In fact, nobody had any idea where my mother was.

"Oh,", she said, a bit sheepishly. "You can borrow mine, if you want!"

Was this random girl I just met really offering me to borrow her mother? Yes, she really was. Unbelievable.

I politely declined, and we kept on talking. She taught me some magic tricks with a deck of cards she had brought with her, and I taught her how to do sudoku puzzles.

At the end of the day, we were both sitting next to each other, an almost-empty bag of Candy Jack between us, listening to music with one earbud each, she doing a sudoku puzzle while I practiced pulling cards from behind her ear, both of us giggling uncontrollably.

Yes, unbelievable though it may seem, I was still a little girl after all. Imagine that.

However, all good things must come to an end. The train wasn't scheduled to stop overnight, so there were sleeping cabins for everyone in the back of the train. All too soon, the little girl's mom announced it was time for her to go to bed. Obviously, I couldn't just go sleep in the same cabin as her and her mom. I had my own cabin.

The girl gave me one last spontaneous hug, and they left. As I sat there staring out the window, I started thinking about going to bed for the night, too. I went to my assigned cabin, threw my bag on the floor and started changing into my pajamas.

Suddenly, I felt something in my back pocket. It was a piece of paper I was pretty sure I didn't put there.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

CoverM
Grookey Lover
Franchise Owner

*Grookey noise*

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

Interesting

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:30 PM »

I really wanted to know what the piece of paper was, but at this point I was really, really tired, so I decided to go to bed first. I pulled the paper out of the pocket, carefully put it beside my bed and went to sleep.

Have I mentioned before that I don't really sleep much? No? Well, now I have. From the very beginning of this story, I built up a habit of not sleeping for more than a couple hours at a time.

At first, I had to wash the dishes for hours in the evening, then finally go to bed, catch some well-deserved sleep before being rudely awakened only a few short hours later by the others because they wanted to have breakfasy already. Later, when I didn't have to stay up so late for the dishes anymore, I'd already gotten into the habit of sleeping only for a short time, so I would go to sleep, wake up in the middle of the night, lie awake for about half an hour or so, go to sleep again, wake up again, go to sleep again, wake up again, go to sleep again, wake up again and have breakfast with the others.

Of course, those nightly waking moments, when everyone else is in their beds, soon proved to be the perfect time to pull off my answer-thieving heists. I would get myself locked inside of the school, find an out-of-the-way spot, pass out for a couple hours, awaken when nobody is around anymore, get what I came for, get back to the orphanage and into bed, then awaken the next morning looking to all the world as if I had just slept in my bed all night like everyone else. My messed-up sleep schedule became one of my greatest strengths.

But I'm getting off topic. Back to me in the train. I was having one of my usual nightly awakenings, so I decided to check out the note. Then I noticed it was written on one of the sudoku puzzles I gave the little girl to solve. I chuckled. She must've slipped that into my pocket while she gave me that hug earlier. Written on it was the following:

"Dear Puzzle Girl,

I hope you'll come and play with me again soon. My room is number 42."

On a whim, I decided to go and check on room 42. I walked down the hallway in my pajamas until I got to her room, at which point I immediately start to pick the lock out of habit.

Being not really made for very high security, the lock gave way easily. I went inside.

I don't know what I expected, but she and her mom were both fast asleep. I sat down on the edge of little girl's bed for a while, wondering what to do. In the end, I decided to leave her a note back. On another already-solved sudoku puzzle I wrote:

Dear Magic Trick Girl,

Don't be scared, but I came here during the night. I couldn't sleep and thought maybe you couldn't either, but you were asleep. Don't tell anyone I came into your room, not even your mommy.
I just wanted to say thank you for the fun afternoon we had yesterday. And since you seemed to like puzzles so much, here's another type of puzzle:

Alex is going to the beach. He is wearing a backpack. If he doesn't open his backpack before he gets to the beach, he will die. What is in his backpack?

Come see me in room 64 once you figure it out.

Your friend,
Puzzle Girl.

I pressed the folded-up note into her hand and was about to leave, when I suddenly saw her eyes open. I smiled at her, pressed a finger to my lips signaling her to keep quiet, and headed out of the room. I saw her smile and close her eyes again as I closed the door.

I had made a new friend.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.