Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: The Misadventures of Casey and Carl  (Read 368 times)
CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

Well yes, but actually no

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:26 PM »

Chapter 1: Back to The Flipverse

Beep! Beep! Beep! My alarm rang. I sat up in bed and checked time. 3:00. I had a flight at 5:00 to get back to Flipverse for my first year of university. Specifically Calypso Island. I grabbed my suitcase, backpack, phone, and wallet and headed out the door. I stood outside waiting for my Uber ride to the airport. I had a 3 hour layover in Maple Mountain. The first flight was going to be 4 hours but because of the time difference I would arrive at 7:00. The Uber arrived and I hopped in. fast forward 20 minutes I arrived at the airport and went to the checking counter to get my tickets and luggage taken care of. Security was a pain in the rear to get through, some guy with pink hair and a beard didn't understand why he couldn't just bring his laptop under his coat and ended up setting off the metal detector. Finally got to the terminal with 30 minutes to spare. Thought about grabbing some coffee but remembered that there were better places than McDonald's in Maple Mountain.

Why not sleep on the plane?

They called rows 9-18. My seat was 15-b. I noticed the guy from security get up. You know, the guy with the pink hair who set off the alarm. It must have been cleared as a misunderstanding or something. I found my seat by a window, put in my headphones, and tried to go to sleep. I would have been successful if it were not for the person sitting next to me.

It turned out that security check guy was the person in the next seat. He plopped down and started fiddling with his laptop. A few minutes later the plane took off. At the same time my music streaming service stopped working. The guy sitting next to me pulled out a 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola, a crazy straw, and a party sized bag of Doritos and proceeded to slurp the Cola and crunch the chips as loudly as possible, all the while reading some sort of manga. This went on for the first hour of the flight. He balled up the bag and stuffed it into the Cola bottle. Finally, I can go to sleep, I thought. Boy was I wrong.

He proceeded to pull out ANOTHER bottle of soda, this one being sprite, and ANOTHER bag of chips, these being potato chips. Another hour of crunching and slurping. And then he goes through a bag of lollipops before the plane finally landed. I got off the plane as fast as was humanly possible.

I knew of a place in Maple Mountain that was within walking distance of the airport. Papa's Pancakeria. I walked out of the airport and down to the Pancakeria and placed my order. 2 blueberry pancakes, 2 chocolate pancakes, butter, and syrup, as well as a large coffee with cream.

"Back to the Flipverse, Casey?" Asked Cooper.

"Yeah, off to Uni. Where's Papa Louie?" I replied.

"He's in the back, filing taxes, things like that. You can go talk to him if you like."

He pointed to the kitchen door. "Go through there and then go through the door next to the pantry."

I waved to Prudence before walking into the back room.

"Hello Casey. It's nice to see you again. Back to the Island?"

"Yeah, I'm going here for Uni, but I'm going to stay here afterwards."

"How was the flight?"

"Got stuck next to some weirdo who set off the alarm with his laptop. He went through 4 liters of soda, two party sized bgs of chips, and a bag of lollipops. I couldn't get a minute of sleep, and I woke up at 3 in the morning."

"Did he have pink hair?"

"Yeah."

"That's Carl. He moved to the Flipverse awhile back when you were gone. He tried to pick up a couple jobs, but got fired very quickly in each one."

"Oh. That would explain a lot."

"Yeah. Anyways, it was nice talking to you, but I have to get back to filing these forms."

I walked back to the lobby, then outside. Cookie was sleeping on a chair. Prudence brought my food out. I savored the coffee, goodness would I need it. It was 8:00. I had 2 hours left of my layover. After I finished my food, I took out my harmonica. I got my harmonica when I was 10. It needed cleaning. An hour passed and I decided to say goodbye to everyone and head back to the airport. The terminal was crowded with people. The gate, not so much. I sat down and prayed to God that Carl would not be on the next flight. My prays were not answered. The next hour and a half consisted of just as much chewing and slurping as before.

I hope y'all enjoy my first chapter of this story!

|\  /| |\  /| |\  /| |\  /|
| || | | || | | || | | || |
|/  \| |/  \| |/  \| |/  \|
Check out my Q&A: CaseyCat's Q&A!
CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »

Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home

I went to the baggage claim and picked up my suitcase. My friend Carson was supposed to pick me up at the airport. I walked out to the car-line and found Carson's red pick-up.

"Hey Casey. Welcome home!" He hugged me and started towards my parents house.

"Going to Calypso University?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Me too, this actually my second year, I'm doing ROTC."

"Which reserve, S, B, P, or Jacksmith?"

"S."

"I didn't even know they did that anymore, not since 2014."

"Well, they're's been reports of people finding dill worms, yum'n'm's, blueberry bats, poor Edna nearly had a heart attack when she saw a pina coolada in her attic, so everyone's on edge. We were actually called in to deal with some scubananas in Sakura Bay. Madness."

"I was actually thinking of doing ROTC as well, maybe reserve S, since it's close to home."

The truck stopped in my parents driveway. We knocked on the front door and were greeted by my mom, who was covered in flour. "Hello Mrs. Carter."

"Come inside, I've made dinner and pie for desert."

We ate heartily and went onto the front porch to talk. I took out my harmonica and played Piano Man, And so it goes, as well as some Flipverse favorites. I did my best to adapt songs meant for the ukele and it didn't turn out half bad. After a little more chat I said good night to everyone and went up to bed, I was going off to University the next day.

Soup Mia
I am the egg man
Restaurant Legend

Time for some cookin'!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:51:34 AM »

What's rotc

The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
Juliana: It doesn’t matter if no one else believes in you. You only need one, and that’s yourself. #JuliStrong
JEBZ Komics [Nov 05 03:16 PM]:   Brother E: Church just came on today, TCOMIB.
CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

Basically it's like military training in high school and college

CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »

Chapter 3: Carl

We walked into the first building and went to the front desk to get our dorm keys. My room number was 2081, Carson's was 7143, all the way across campus. We agreed to meet at Foodini's Gameshow later that night and headed to our dorms. I didn't have a lot to unpack, just my clothes and a couple small ornaments and pictures. I looked at my room assignment sheet. I had a roommate too.

The dorm consisted of a kitchen, a small living room, a bathroom, and a medium sized bedroom that had a thin divider in the middle and 2 sets of bunk beds. I entered the living room and saw a new CookieStation console with 4 controllers set up in front of a T.V. and a collection of games in a box. This guy must be fun  to hang out with. I went to the kitchen and assessed what to get on the next shopping trip.

Then I looked in the bedroom. The first half was undecorated. I pulled back the divider to find a desk with a gaming set-up. But what caught my eye the most was the case on the wall with a samurai sword. I've had a fascination with Japan ever since I could remember, and was thrilled to talk to someone with the same interests. God was I naive.

I went to the other side of the divider to set up my room. The room had a night and dresser, albeit small. I took out my doll collection. There were the 2 Daruma that I bought during Lucky Lucky Matsuri, my Hakata doll, which was wearing a blue kimono with a deer patern on it and a golden obi, and a set of three kokeshi doll women. I set them up on the dresser and proceeded to put away my clothes. After that I grabbed my wallet and phone and proceeded to walk down to the store to get stuff that would get me and my roommate through the next morning, drop them off at the dorm, and went to meet Carson to go to the gameshow.

If you had come home to what I did, I'm sure you would think the same thing, but in the words of Joe Jacobs, I should've stood in bed.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Hit the road, Jack!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »

Brother E: I need to start reading these soon. Wink

CaseyCat
I ate a bowl of screws
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »

Thanks Brother E

Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.