Poll
Question: Should I Ask? Reply to tell me what you think.
Yes - 6 (66.7%)
Probably - 0 (0%)
Maybe - 2 (22.2%)
Probably Not - 1 (11.1%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: My YouTube Situation.  (Read 357 times)
RedInfra
Fc Fanatic
Franchise Owner

Goodbye.

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »

In August of 2018, I began a YouTube channel. It was small and the highest amount of subscribers it had was 7. But I could not care less. I did this for fun. I was inspired by my friends who all had YouTube channels. I just wanted to join in on the fun. I usually posted 1 minute videos of me telling some stories in a app called FlipAClip (An animation software). I also occasionally would post other things such as Roblox videos and random stuff (this was before I began playing the Papa's Cooking series). It was really cool getting feedback from friends at school and I had lots of inspiration and interest at the time. However two of my friends got into a fight that kind of split them apart. Leaving me in the middle. I HATED feeling like in some way I was associated. The conflict trickled on for a little bit too long. After that, things were smooth sailing. Until... Christmas Day. One of my brothers found out about my YouTube channel and was curios. Some of my cousins found out and I panicked. I did not want my parents to find out because I was scared they would not approve (I did not give them consent). I had a YouTube channel in the past but I was told to take it down after a day. So I deleted immediately out of being petrified that they would find out. I wanted to restart but could never get myself to do it. I don't want to be associated with my friends channels, and I don't think my parents would allow me, so I have never asked them if I could. I want to restart, but is very complicated.
pleasehelpme:(
Better Than Papa!

no snoms here...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:19:20 PM »

IDK. Maybe you should ask your parents. They might say yes after all. But again, IDK

yoyoyo mtv raps

Critical alert from Microsoft. Your computer has alerted us that it is infected with a virus and spyware. This virus is sending your credit card details, Facebook login, and personal emails to hackers remotely. Please call us at the toll-free number listed, so our support engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. If you close this page before calling us, we will be forced to disable your computer, to prevent further damage to our network. Error #268D3.
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy! Dizzy
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho
it looks like all these posts were created by hippies
pipper pig lol
papas stomach doctor mia???
What do you expect from a crab who wipes his butt with money?
A massive delete wave?
Smol Mac
I would only eat sausage on buns.
Brother E: I was being SaRcAsTiC.
Also, I remember that topic now. It was for the TWG.
Xolo, more like Brolo, am I right?
So much nightmare fuel, I love it!
Times flies when you just see characters die one after the other I guess
I'll take a Double Triple Bossy Deluxe on a raft, 4x4 animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease; make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.

this boi is 100% Charmin clean
brix4477
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:42:32 AM »

probably not.Dont risk

Hello!
Привет!
Ibzy
hi there, fellow reader
Restaurant Legend

stan an underrated kween

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »

I think you should but it's up to you.

Owen: Thank you to everyone!

FC Topic + Q&A = http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45839.0
Community Q&A = http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=45838.0
10.09.17 = Blake
4.10.17 = Timm and Cecilia
28.10.17 = Timm going in portal (Papa Louie 3)
1.11.17 = Moe (da best male customer)
14.7.19 = Owen (one of my entries in KCP19)
28.7.19 = My KCP Entries (KCP Trio)
19.8.19 = Owen (entry in KCP19) with coloured
background
10.9.19 = Owen in FC Games
4.10.19 = Lavender dressed up as a witch for Halloween
6.11.19 = Owen shown as the winner in FC Games: Season 1
22.11.19 = Skyler da underrated kween
RedInfra
Fc Fanatic
Franchise Owner

Goodbye.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »

also might I add right now, that there are all those laws going through YouTube, so I don't even know. I don't want to get fined a lot of money if im not even gonna do this as a job. Just for fun. Bored
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Joey the Jr. Detective.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 04:13:30 PM »

also might I add right now, that there are all those laws going through YouTube, so I don't even know. I don't want to get fined a lot of money if im not even gonna do this as a job. Just for fun. Bored
Brother E: Yeah, those laws will shut down YouTube if they don't remove them.

Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

I can't think of a new profile pic...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »

Brother E: Yeah, those laws will shut down YouTube if they don't remove them.
I assume you're talking about the COPPA stuff? Because if so, I think you should be fine as long as you set your settings correctly. The problem is that, according to the COPPA law, it is illegal to put advertisements where children under 13 would easily come across it. YouTube is officially only for people over 13, but it's no secret that lots of children under 13 watch it. Because of that, starting in 2020, YouTube is required to remove all ads from videos that, according to the specific terms of the law, are aimed at kids or might attract an audience of kids. This also means that the youtubers can't make money off of those videos anymore, which is a huge problem if it's your primary source of income and most of your videos are labelled 'kid-friendly'. However, since you're not doing it to make money, this doesn't really matter to you. The fines are a problem for videos that are in the gray area between kid-friendly and non-kid-friendly, and thus are easily mislabeled. Since the videos you mentioned (Roblox gameplay, talking about your school life, as well as any Papa Louie-related stuff you might want to put on your channel) clearly fall under the 'kid-friendly' category, you can just set your channel settings to 'kid-friendly only' and you'll probably be fine. There's loads of articles online that show you how to do that. Besides, even if you mislabel some videos, I doubt they'll fine you a huge amount for it without warning you first. If they'll even bother to fine a tiny 7-subscriber channel, that is.

And about asking your parents, I think you should. Maybe they won't say yes, but if they don't, at least you can ask them why they don't think it's a good idea for you to start a YouTube channel. They might have a good reason for it, or they might have some incorrect ideas about YouTube. Talk to your parents. Explain why you want it. Argue your case. Listen to what they have to say, and correct them if they're wrong. Chances are they'll feel a lot better about you starting a channel with their permission, rather than secretly behind their backs.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Ianiant
FC Maker
Better Than Papa!

45th state in the union!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »

I assume you're talking about the COPPA stuff? Because if so, I think you should be fine as long as you set your settings correctly. The problem is that, according to the COPPA law, it is illegal to put advertisements where children under 13 would easily come across it. YouTube is officially only for people over 13, but it's no secret that lots of children under 13 watch it. Because of that, starting in 2020, YouTube is required to remove all ads from videos that, according to the specific terms of the law, are aimed at kids or might attract an audience of kids. This also means that the youtubers can't make money off of those videos anymore, which is a huge problem if it's your primary source of income and most of your videos are labelled 'kid-friendly'. However, since you're not doing it to make money, this doesn't really matter to you. The fines are a problem for videos that are in the gray area between kid-friendly and non-kid-friendly, and thus are easily mislabeled. Since the videos you mentioned (Roblox gameplay, talking about your school life, as well as any Papa Louie-related stuff you might want to put on your channel) clearly fall under the 'kid-friendly' category, you can just set your channel settings to 'kid-friendly only' and you'll probably be fine. There's loads of articles online that show you how to do that. Besides, even if you mislabel some videos, I doubt they'll fine you a huge amount for it without warning you first. If they'll even bother to fine a tiny 7-subscriber channel, that is.

And about asking your parents, I think you should. Maybe they won't say yes, but if they don't, at least you can ask them why they don't think it's a good idea for you to start a YouTube channel. They might have a good reason for it, or they might have some incorrect ideas about YouTube. Talk to your parents. Explain why you want it. Argue your case. Listen to what they have to say, and correct them if they're wrong. Chances are they'll feel a lot better about you starting a channel with their permission, rather than secretly behind their backs.

I heard you have to explicitly state that your video is for kids, and if you don't and you're caught, you'll be fined at least $42,530 per violating video.

ATTENTION: Due to college finals, this account will be inactive from Friday, Dec. 6, 2019 to Thursday, December 13, 2019.

Check out my AWESOME FC's (and maybe ask them a question):
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24278.0
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »

I heard you have to explicitly state that your video is for kids, and if you don't and you're caught, you'll be fined at least $42,530 per violating video.
I think you misunderstood. That $42,530 fine is the maximum they can charge you, and I really doubt they'll charge that much for a tiny channel run just for fun. There's also a simple setting you can use to automatically label all of your channel's videos as 'for kids', so you don't need to explicitly state it for every video, unless it differs from video to video on your channel.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Soup Mia
I am the egg man
Restaurant Legend

Colts Snom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 02:59:18 PM »

It’s still bad for people like PewDiePie

The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
Juliana: It doesn’t matter if no one else believes in you. You only need one, and that’s yourself. #JuliStrong
Join the forum Discord! https://discord.gg/RHNdcbg
Ninja Monkey
Superhero Comic Creator
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

Granted, but not so much for people like RedInfra.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.