Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Author Topic: Forum Features  (Read 558 times)
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »

Or they could add new ranks. Like a rank for blue names called Blueberry Buddy or something, and give everyone who wants a blue name that rank.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Join the Phoenix ORG Discord server! https://discord.gg/XSTP4Tz

BlessedSkylark
The Almost Mod
Restaurant Star

Blessings in Disguise = True Love Since Day One <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

Just gonna jump up on the train of the post count discussion.

I've never cared about it (apart from colours). I just care that I contribute to the community, be it in off topic boards or in Gameria boards or those other ones that count, wherever applicable. Even then I still use the shoutbox more than all of those, as it helps contribute more to the community according to me.

In fact I've not had a colour for 2 and a half years and still am not complaining, it'll come naturally when me contributing to the community well, will cause it.

However, custom colours would be perfect, until someone chooses yellow, pastel yellow, beige or white......

Fluffy Wolf is an adorable and fluffy wig
Hi, I'm Sky, otherwise known as what you see up outside! I'm also currently your local Forum News Reporter so watch out every week for my news stories!
My own Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/KQFBT6b
TWG Stats:
TWG XCIV: Morality: Won, Role: Brutal Wolf
TWG XCV: Revolution: Game Died, Role: Undecided
TWG XCVI: Flipline: Won (Last Player Alive), Role: Psychotic Wolf, MVP.
TWG XCVII: Lunatic Asylum: Game Ended Early, Role: Rascal Wolf

TWG XCVIII: Locked and Loaded: Lost, Role: Insomniac
TWG XCIX: Faraway City: Won, Role: Psychic
TWG C: Theory of Everything: Lost, Role: Human
TWG CIII: A Normal Day Outside: Won, Role: Coroner, Town MVP
TWG CIV: Lost Connection: Won, Role: Seer

TWG CV: A Sea-Sun of Visitations: Lost, Role: Human
TWG CVI: Dostoevetsky's Exile: Lost, Role: Anastasia (Arsonist)
TWG CVII: Age of Mythology: Lost, Role: Egyptian Human
TWG CVIII: Return to the Courtroom: Won, Role: Chief Justice
TWG CX: Kainu Mosir: Lost, Role: Kainu Wolf
TWG CXII: The Penitentiary: Lost, Role: Prisoner
TWG CXIV: The Lost Files: Lost, Role: Oracle
TWG CXV: Mirai: Lost, Role: Necromancer
TWG CXVI: Stan Loona Stream Butterfly: Lost, Role: Eidetic Wolf
Cursed Survivor Results:
Mato Grosso: 14/16 (Cáceres)
South Tyrol: 12/16 (Misurina)
Easter Island: 1/12 (Colours & Tribes Soon)
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

having coloured roles would mean there's a finite amount of colours, like maybe 6-8, to choose from

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Join the Phoenix ORG Discord server! https://discord.gg/XSTP4Tz

Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »

Remember that to choose our colours we have to update the forum. Matt suggested this long ago but it just isn’t on his priority list.

Snom
Abu
Snom
Radley's Rival

Snom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »

"Thanks, that'll be helpful.  The thing with the update is that it's not the same as a normal "update" to the forum -- it's actually completely deleting this current forum and starting from scratch on a new one (though we copy over all of the users and boards and posts).  So everything that was added will be completely gone, and will have to be remade in a different way for the new forum -- they're actually very different from each other in code, so most of what we did can't just be copied over, we'll have to redesign things from scratch.

Some things maybe can't even be done with the new forum -- I know "ignoring users" is built-in to the new forum, but it works differently:  You still see topics and posts of an ignored user, it just says something like "This post is hidden because you're ignoring this user -- click here to view the post anyway".  There's probably not any easy way to change that, so we'd have to be okay with trade-offs where we lose some features of the forum if we really want to change username colors.

The other issue is that we lose the entire look of the forum with the Flipline theme, how the posts look, how the boards look, how the menus look, etc.  It's not compatible at all with the theme this forum uses, so we need to design a new theme (in a new format) to try to match it as close as possible -- though it probably won't be exactly the same.

And there wouldn't be any going back to the old forum either, once we copied all the users and posts to the new forum it formats everything differently, so you can't switch it back to the old one.  So if you didn't like how the new forum looked or worked, you'd be out of luck since we'd be stuck with it permanently."

This is what Matt said in 2017 on the subject.

Snom
Stan Loona
The Shoutbox Master
Food Critic

my eyeballs have turned to drywall

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »

"Thanks, that'll be helpful.  The thing with the update is that it's not the same as a normal "update" to the forum -- it's actually completely deleting this current forum and starting from scratch on a new one (though we copy over all of the users and boards and posts).  So everything that was added will be completely gone, and will have to be remade in a different way for the new forum -- they're actually very different from each other in code, so most of what we did can't just be copied over, we'll have to redesign things from scratch.

Some things maybe can't even be done with the new forum -- I know "ignoring users" is built-in to the new forum, but it works differently:  You still see topics and posts of an ignored user, it just says something like "This post is hidden because you're ignoring this user -- click here to view the post anyway".  There's probably not any easy way to change that, so we'd have to be okay with trade-offs where we lose some features of the forum if we really want to change username colors.

The other issue is that we lose the entire look of the forum with the Flipline theme, how the posts look, how the boards look, how the menus look, etc.  It's not compatible at all with the theme this forum uses, so we need to design a new theme (in a new format) to try to match it as close as possible -- though it probably won't be exactly the same.

And there wouldn't be any going back to the old forum either, once we copied all the users and posts to the new forum it formats everything differently, so you can't switch it back to the old one.  So if you didn't like how the new forum looked or worked, you'd be out of luck since we'd be stuck with it permanently."

This is what Matt said in 2017 on the subject.
Unless the forum would look very generic with the update, I wouldn't mind tbh

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
1. nothings ever my fault, if you believe otherwise, then say hello to a fresh permaban
PB&J Dip is the Pink Gold Peach of the holiday ingredients
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
Top 10 most surprised anime moments.
Now kiss me
As a cow I sign
It’s to help transport the baby on vacations to Afghanistan, and to hide the baby when running from the police
That's not a fun fact that's a sad fact
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
let's get this bread
yo wtf
This topic smells like New Orleans
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
girl looking cute as hell, can i be the virus to your corona
i guess greg was gay after all
.tsixe ton seod doG
Top 50 music artists?
Sean the Scooper [Mar 30 09:27 PM]:   I just found out a woman was shot repeatedly today
Robin the Wizard [Mar 30 09:27 PM]:   Very relaxing
Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.