Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Author Topic: Forum Features  (Read 901 times)
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »

Or they could add new ranks. Like a rank for blue names called Blueberry Buddy or something, and give everyone who wants a blue name that rank.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Join the Phoenix ORG Discord server! https://discord.gg/XSTP4Tz

Black Leather
The Almost Mod
Franchise Owner

I know where you will go tonight.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

Just gonna jump up on the train of the post count discussion.

I've never cared about it (apart from colours). I just care that I contribute to the community, be it in off topic boards or in Gameria boards or those other ones that count, wherever applicable. Even then I still use the shoutbox more than all of those, as it helps contribute more to the community according to me.

In fact I've not had a colour for 2 and a half years and still am not complaining, it'll come naturally when me contributing to the community well, will cause it.

However, custom colours would be perfect, until someone chooses yellow, pastel yellow, beige or white......

Fluffy Wolf is an adorable and fluffy wig
Hello everyone, I'm just someone you may have forgotten about. You may recall I was recommended to be a Moderator here by AskJoe and for my instalment of Forum News.
My Topics:
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

having coloured roles would mean there's a finite amount of colours, like maybe 6-8, to choose from

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »

Remember that to choose our colours we have to update the forum. Matt suggested this long ago but it just isn’t on his priority list.
Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »

"Thanks, that'll be helpful.  The thing with the update is that it's not the same as a normal "update" to the forum -- it's actually completely deleting this current forum and starting from scratch on a new one (though we copy over all of the users and boards and posts).  So everything that was added will be completely gone, and will have to be remade in a different way for the new forum -- they're actually very different from each other in code, so most of what we did can't just be copied over, we'll have to redesign things from scratch.

Some things maybe can't even be done with the new forum -- I know "ignoring users" is built-in to the new forum, but it works differently:  You still see topics and posts of an ignored user, it just says something like "This post is hidden because you're ignoring this user -- click here to view the post anyway".  There's probably not any easy way to change that, so we'd have to be okay with trade-offs where we lose some features of the forum if we really want to change username colors.

The other issue is that we lose the entire look of the forum with the Flipline theme, how the posts look, how the boards look, how the menus look, etc.  It's not compatible at all with the theme this forum uses, so we need to design a new theme (in a new format) to try to match it as close as possible -- though it probably won't be exactly the same.

And there wouldn't be any going back to the old forum either, once we copied all the users and posts to the new forum it formats everything differently, so you can't switch it back to the old one.  So if you didn't like how the new forum looked or worked, you'd be out of luck since we'd be stuck with it permanently."

This is what Matt said in 2017 on the subject.
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »

"Thanks, that'll be helpful.  The thing with the update is that it's not the same as a normal "update" to the forum -- it's actually completely deleting this current forum and starting from scratch on a new one (though we copy over all of the users and boards and posts).  So everything that was added will be completely gone, and will have to be remade in a different way for the new forum -- they're actually very different from each other in code, so most of what we did can't just be copied over, we'll have to redesign things from scratch.

Some things maybe can't even be done with the new forum -- I know "ignoring users" is built-in to the new forum, but it works differently:  You still see topics and posts of an ignored user, it just says something like "This post is hidden because you're ignoring this user -- click here to view the post anyway".  There's probably not any easy way to change that, so we'd have to be okay with trade-offs where we lose some features of the forum if we really want to change username colors.

The other issue is that we lose the entire look of the forum with the Flipline theme, how the posts look, how the boards look, how the menus look, etc.  It's not compatible at all with the theme this forum uses, so we need to design a new theme (in a new format) to try to match it as close as possible -- though it probably won't be exactly the same.

And there wouldn't be any going back to the old forum either, once we copied all the users and posts to the new forum it formats everything differently, so you can't switch it back to the old one.  So if you didn't like how the new forum looked or worked, you'd be out of luck since we'd be stuck with it permanently."

This is what Matt said in 2017 on the subject.
Unless the forum would look very generic with the update, I wouldn't mind tbh

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 10:51:45 AM »

Unless the forum would look very generic with the update, I wouldn't mind tbh
I agree.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 10:59:53 AM »

I wish we had moving text

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Hey look I changed my name
Restaurant Pro

fire

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »

^

And Shadow and Glow, like other SMF forums

Lord I was born a ramblin’ man
Iconic Quotes:
Oh sweet home Alabama what have I done
Brother E: Good gripping gravy, these Facebook comments are so salty and spicy!
Thursday will be lit and full of salt.
you will perish.
If you want To Go, just go!
I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped it out in September. Like "Lol release date is DD/MM/YYYY... Oh bloop that's tomorrow lma0"
notice how you're not special
notice this graaaaaaph
Yes I see you being a ho
it looks like all these posts were created by hippies
pipper pig lol
papas stomach doctor mia???
What do you expect from a crab who wipes his butt with money?
A massive delete wave?
Smol Mac
I would only eat sausage on buns.
Brother E: I was being SaRcAsTiC.
Also, I remember that topic now. It was for the TWG.
Xolo, more like Brolo, am I right?
So much nightmare fuel, I love it!
Times flies when you just see characters die one after the other I guess
I'll take a Double Triple Bossy Deluxe on a raft, 4x4 animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease; make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.
A man has fallen into the river in LEGO City!
Matt [Feb 13 02:16 PM]:   hey
Okay I made one in a similar style: Pensive
I have two balls to send...
And I’m Peppa Pig! Snnmoorr
10 Haunting Photos Taken Moments Before Disaster.
Rico's Intense Anus
i'm not in the mood to lose brain cells please talk to somebody else
Diamond Midas
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »

there's a reason they were removed

they were annoying

Canyon
Comet Con
Restaurant Master

Renovating Portallini

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 12:04:39 PM »

They could potentially be abused as well.

Hello! I'm Canyon. I'm the founder of the Flipline Studios Fanon Wiki and an administrator on the Flipline Studios Wiki.
Join the Flipline Studios Wiki Discord server! All forumers are welcome! https://discord.gg/QBzv985
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 12:05:03 PM »

there isn't any way to use them without abusing them

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 01:13:28 PM »

There's literally zero benefit in adding moving text, shadow text, and text sizes. I'm glad they were removed.

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Colts
Go Colts!
Restaurant Legend

Gogo Momo!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »

There's literally zero benefit in adding moving text, shadow text, and text sizes. I'm glad they were removed.
^

Congrats to ok no for suggesting my current Forum name!
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Stan Loona!
Join the forum Discord! https://discord.gg/RHNdcbg
Signup for my Survivor Game! https://discord.gg/FaGcQY8
Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 [2]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.