Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   
Print
Author Topic: AskJoe and a second global mod please?  (Read 4857 times)
DeluxePizza
OC Maker
Global Moderator
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »

Look I’m sorry, but after the incident with Oofis' review topic with the Music topic, along with Abu’s and TCOMIB’s personal topics getting merged even though they were fine alone, and now with Joe banning Abu for an ASSUMPTION, I can’t help but feel like we need a second global mod. The issue with only one, active global mod is that the decisions can get one-sided due to it only being one opinion. Many users after the whole Oofis/Abu/TCOMIB incident have expressed wanting a second global mod in order to remove the possibility of bias decisions.

If I don’t make a topic about this issue, then most likely, it’s going to be ignored like last time.

Also, it’s on the Forum Discussion board since it’s a forum issue.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:43:28 PM by Pizzaccino » Logged

If deluding yourself that you're not the same condescending person you were back then makes you feel better, then be my guest at this point. But the more you talk, the less people buy your victim-card bs.

Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »

Yeah, having two active moderators is a good idea as it gives decisions more input. A lot of forums this size I've seen have like 4 moderators for this reason.

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Join the Phoenix ORG Discord server! https://discord.gg/XSTP4Tz

The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »

We really do need a second global mod. It would help the forum feel safer, and for decisions to be discussed before being carried out to prevent bias

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

I can't breathe, I'm waiting for the exhale

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »

Many people here agree that a 2nd mod would be great. A majority of us don't want Joe demoted but rather just someone to work on decisions with him so I agree with this and hopefully Matt will notice the issue

Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. I mean no offense to AskJoe but his moderation style is nowadays extraordinarily sloppy and "do first, think later". These types of scandals never happened before the past year or so because all parties involved thought things through first. I am still shocked I was banned solely because of an assumption. That sounds very biased — and as we have seen from a message AskJoe sent to Matt, he clearly does not want me to be a board moderator, and the fact that the ban came immediately after I made a decision on behalf of the forum that Joe did not support, makes me wonder if it was just him trying to get me banned out of spite...

Anyways, I implore people to vote honestly and not strategically in the Forum Moderator Showdown so that we can get, say a top 10 or top 5 list of users Matt could consider or whatever. At the rate it's going it'll end up being me, Oofis, Pizzaccino, The color of mood is blue, and hash probably.
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »

AskJoe [Dec 21 11:18 PM]:   I also agree with the need for a second global mod.

A Building
The KCP19 Runner Up
Restaurant Master

Failure of a Sailor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »

I think this would be a good idea.

Order at my restaurants please:
Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »

We could also do three as an alternative to eliminate ties — or Matt could be the tiebreaker in the case of two which is also an good idea...
Ianiant
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 09:26:10 PM »

As long as they're not hellbent on wanting me gone from here, I'm all good.

Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Visit /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »

but no users here are, so that's not a risk

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Join the Phoenix ORG Discord server! https://discord.gg/XSTP4Tz

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »

Any mod that would want someone banned and not for any good reason would most likely get demoted after such an act, so I think you're in the clear lol

DeluxePizza
OC Maker
Global Moderator
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 09:28:17 PM »

I mean, the whole point is that we try to eliminate some potential chance of bias, or one-sided decisions from only one person. Having more people can eliminate some of that. So, that shouldn’t happen.

If deluding yourself that you're not the same condescending person you were back then makes you feel better, then be my guest at this point. But the more you talk, the less people buy your victim-card bs.

DeluxePizza
OC Maker
Global Moderator
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »

I also want to say another thing:

I’m not saying Joe is completely bad at his job, or that we should demote him; it’s just best to have more people working along with him.

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 10:04:08 PM »

I also want to say another thing:

I’m not saying Joe is completely bad at his job, or that we should demote him; it’s just best to have more people working along with him.
Agreed, if there's anyone who likes Joe and doesn't want him demoted, you shouldn't be scared of this idea since it's for helping Joe with his job as the lone global mod Smiley

Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 10:17:43 PM »

Thank you. This is well-thought out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.