Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: General Reminders  (Read 19438 times)
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »

Hello Flipliners, here are just some more rules that I came up with in order to keep this forum nice and tidy. New rules are added in orange and italic.

Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting anything.
I've stressed this many times and so did others and I don't think anybody wants to repeat the golden rule.

Do not post new topics and/or move any topics in the Forum Guidelines board.
We've gotten a few cases of new topics popping up in this section and they were dealt accordingly. Repeated offenders will be banned. If you moved/posted any topics here, either please:

• Move your topic into the relevant/appropriate board.
    If you do not know how to do it, it's very simple.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find "Move Topic" as the first option.
    • You'll then be given the option to choose which board and/or sub-board (if it has any).
    • You can also change the topic's subject/title and/or post a redirection topic. It's pretty much a post saying that your said topic has been moved to the new board.
  • Remove your topic entirely.
    Especially if it's considered spam. If you don't, we'll do it eventually.

To avoid any of this happening and to help keep the forum tidy, follow the guidelines, especially this one.
Post threads in the correct forums.
We have multiple forum sections that pertain to individual games, as well as a number of general and off-topic discussion areas.  Make sure your thread relates to the section you’re posting in.

Please check to see whether there has been another topic like what you're thinking before posting a new one.
We are trying to avoid duplicate topics so as such, please look it up in the Search (it needs love!) or comb through the entire forum/a certain board if you have to. Duplicate topics that have a considerate time gap (maybe around more than 1 month from abandonment) and/or being similar under certain circumstances (depending on the situation) are allowed. Any that are too soon will be deleted accordingly. So far, I've been lenient but don't push your luck.

Try not to multi-post.
If your two posts have a considerate time gap, that's fine. Otherwise, it could/would be considered spamming. If that happens, your posts will be modified accordingly. Repeated offenders may get banned depending on the situation. The Shoutbox doesn't count by the way.

Please do not leave any accounts unattended.
I'm directing this to users who know "ghost members". "Ghost members" are what I refer users who have registered and...
1. Have not activated their account.
2. Have activated their account but hasn't made a single post.

Everyday in this forum, we get loads of people joining (while some are spambots but there's no need to worry about them) and more than 50% of them just left it unattended and it makes the member list look very cluttered. There will be a clean up schedule where I'll perform a spring clean to rid the member list of these ghosts. Those who know these "ghost members" who still want to participate in the forum, they must get them to...
1. Activate their accounts (obviously) in the month they registered in.
2. Make at least 1 post in the 6 months range before the spring clean.

Here's my cleaning schedule:
- Monthly for unactivated accounts.
- July to cover from January to June; January of the next year to cover from July to December.

Even if you have made a post, please make sure that your post count actually shows "1" or some other number because with the current modifications, the Forum Games, Contests and Off-Topic boards are considered "non-countable", meaning that your posts won't count at all.

Please be very sure about your decision to delete your account.
I want to avoid making any mistakes about it and having a headache from it later. If you really are going to delete it, at least give me a heads up by PM. If you think you'll be active again in the future, you might as well leave it be and make sure that you remember your password. Otherwise, I'm definitely going to delete that account from the list for good.

Please refrain from swearing.
The system may have censored many words but whatever you do, please refrain from swearing as much as possible. Not only it is rude, it also gives everyone a negative impression of you, especially if you're directing it to somebody. If you really are doing and repeating it just for the heck of it, you will be banned either from the Shoutbox or the forum entirely.

Please do not abuse the Report function.
It's pretty much calling wolf if you do so. Repeated offenders will be banned.

Please stop posting about when a game is going to be released.
No, seriously, stop it. We've already got plenty of that in the Flipline Uservoice, please don't do it here as well. One topic about it is enough and there's no need to post multiple topics of the same question. Those will be deleted accordingly.

Please do not make profile rude.
This is in due to the fact that I can see people putting stuff that targets to poke at other forumers. Please refrain from doing that. You are to keep it to yourself and take it out of your profiles. Otherwise, I'll do it myself.

Please do not over-advertise your own topics.
While we all want our topics/works to be seen and be popular, please do not overdo it. That's considered spamming. Popularity should never be forced upon and it takes effort, etiquette and patience for it to come. Any posts doing that will be edited or deleted accordingly. Repeated offenders will be banned. Telling people once in the ShoutBox is fine but please do not overdo it.

Please do not spam topics or posts to seek attention.
It's not productive. Not everyone is going to attend to you at all times.

Post all contents in the existing topic.
There's no need to make another just to get attention. We've already got one so post it in there. Any topics like those will either be moved or deleted depending on the situation.

Don't be rude to others.
Well, isn't that obvious? Not all of us are talented artists but I don't think there's room for insults and what-not. While some of us are open, there are others who are sensitive to these kind of stuff so be moderate on your opinions. And if you're wondering, yes, it does hurts psychologically.

No inappropriate/offensive/spam content.
Inappropriate meaning 18+ stuff, usually about sexual or offensive content and what-not. No spammy images too, obviously. That includes no spamming contents too! Gore should be fine but try not to be too visual about it as there are those who aren't into it. If it's about offensive content, please try to change it or at least be euphemistic about it. If it's for suggestions, bear in mind that there are just some topics/ideas that aren't cut out to be suggested for Flipline games like adult-themed and offensive stuff and what-not. Flipline is meant to be a family-friendly game for all ages so please, only suggest appropriate stuff.

Naked bases for the purpose of fan arts is completely fine, provided that it doesn't fully show any graphic nudity or sexual/provocative content.

If it's a joke, please state that it is.
Unless your topic is really not a joke from your mind, I suggest that you refrain from posting it up, especially if it's about inappropriate stuff. Many have complaints about this and my head hurts... Otherwise, it'll be deleted. We'll ban you if it occurs in the Shoutbox.

Please do not plagiarize.
Plagiarizing is a serious offense in general. If you don't know what that means, it means taking someone else's content and claiming it as your own. If you used someone else's content, make sure you credit the original. Any plagiarizing content will be removed, especially if it's an offensive one. Tournaments should be fine.

When you report something by PM, please provide proof.
If you can't back up your claim without any proof, I can't do much because it leaves me in the dark unless it involves me needing to check for a member's profile in which I can do. Claiming that you're lazy to provide proof is a horribly lame excuse to go.

Please do not spam the superscript and subscript BBC code.
It's just like spamming the spoiler tag. I know that this is the way to counter the absence of the size tag (only for small points) but it's annoying to see the code repetitively when being quoted.

Please do not lock important/public topics
It is okay to lock request and/or collaboration topic (especially the no longer active ones), but please do not lock topics are used by the whole community (such as the main Fan Art topic, FCs and User etc).
- Mage
If you do, it shows that you're pretty irresponsible and ridiculous.

These other rules obviously can't cover everything so please have some common sense and help make our jobs easier by keeping out of trouble. Meep!

PS: Until Matt finds a way to lock this board from Regular users to post/move topics in, the other rule about posting/moving topics in this board is there to keep you out of trouble.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:31:58 PM by D-Walker » Logged

Flipline Games Achievements:
  • Papa's Hot Doggeria *COMPLETE ~ Rank 113*
  • PL2: WBA *COMPLETE ~ 100%*
  • Jacksmith *COMPLETE ~ Level 100*
Things to do:
  • Try to do something about Flipline Fantasy fan game
  • Try to find a way to continue Flipline Fantasy fan fiction
  • Try to revive Flipline Fantasy idea
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
The only FC shipping that involves my FC that I seem to "accept/tolerate":
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
D-Walker
The Wandering Mod
Global Moderator
Jojo's Replacement

I come and go.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »

In conjunction with recent events, I've separated the reminders with high priority for easier reading. Please guys, stop all of this nonsense at once and help promote a friendlier environment in this forum! New content will be in red italic.

Please leave your personal problems and blacklist out of the forums.
Yes, I know we've been having issues against each other but please be considerate and leave your personal problems and blacklist out of here. There have been many fights and it's never pretty. If someone just so happens to annoy you like crazy, just put them on your ignore list and be done with it. Don't go making a topic about blacklisting. Any topics/posts like that will be edited or deleted accordingly. Repeated offenders will be banned.

When it comes to personal problems, small trivial stuff that doesn't affect much is fine but don't bring the whole forum down by dragging others into it with any serious stuff. The cyberspace isn't your life. Don't let it take control of you.

If someone that you seem to dislike is leaving, please refrain from posting your glee about the situation. It can be offensive. I believe a simple "bye" is enough or better yet, don't post at all.

Please do not make topics to start a fight.
This is in conjunction with joining fights and dragging in personal problems. Leave it out. The forum is no place for such a thing. While it is difficult to not start a fight, if you really want to vent it out so badly, do it elsewhere. Do not even attempt to provoke others into getting into the fight. If someone has already pleaded to stop it, please do so. Make up and move on. This is a very serious matter and it's giving us a headache. Also, please do not create another account to impersonate another member for such occasion.

Please stay out of fights.
It's pretty much the "be nice to everyone" rule. If there's a fight going on, please don't even think of joining in or taking sides. It's not productive. PM the Admins (first) or me about it and be sure to give full details about it so that we may execute proper judgement. Let's just say "don't feed the trolls".

Please don't try to bypass the censoring function.
We've been getting incidents of people bypassing the censored words by insert codes in between the words so that the codes and the censor will not work, thus the swear word popped up. You are breaking the rules about swearing. Repeated offenders will be banned for intentional rudeness
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:34:48 PM by D-Walker » Logged

Flipline Games Achievements:
  • Papa's Hot Doggeria *COMPLETE ~ Rank 113*
  • PL2: WBA *COMPLETE ~ 100%*
  • Jacksmith *COMPLETE ~ Level 100*
Things to do:
  • Try to do something about Flipline Fantasy fan game
  • Try to find a way to continue Flipline Fantasy fan fiction
  • Try to revive Flipline Fantasy idea
  • Gaming goals
  • Flipline RPG cards
Constantly doing:
  • Stay sane
  • Stay neutral
  • Keep outta trouble
  • Keep trouble out
  • Host FAC
The only FC shipping that involves my FC that I seem to "accept/tolerate":
Andrew X Nous (Mage's)
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.