Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Author Topic: The Brother War - Chapter One  (Read 5889 times)
MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »

Teaser: There was going to be one, but I was too lazy to make it
Chapter Two: COMING SOON
Chapter Three: COMING SOON
Chapter Four: COMING SOON
Chapter Five: COMING SOON

This series is all from Matt's (Flipline Co-Owner) perspective.
Setting: Griller Stadium in the year of 4024.

The Brother War
[CHAPTER 1]

The soldier before me fell, lifeless before he hit the ground. As I stood up and removed my sword from his fatal wound, the sounds of battle seemed to be sharper, more prominent. I shook my head, then ran back into the jungle.

I then realized, he was my first kill.

I must tell Tony, I thought. My brother was always better than me at everything, but he would still be proud of me, even if he'd already gotten his kill first. A second thought sprang to my mind. But what if he isn't? What if he just laughs and says that he'd gotten his already, that I would always be his little brother? No, he would be proud of me, I assured myself. He was even proud when I tripped during a training and sprained my ankle.

A gunshot fired nearby, and it shook me out of my stupor. Even after the shot was gone, it still took me a second to remember that I was at Griller Stadium, fighting off a foreign army. I continued to run toward our lines.

If I had been more observant, I would have noticed the enemy soldier hiding in the bushes, that I would have been able to shoot him before he jumped me. However, my thoughts led me astray, and before I knew it, he was on top of me, struggling to slide his sword out of his sheath.

I yelled in pain as the soldier's weight slammed into me, then I struggled to pull him off. But it was no use. The soldier had his sword out, and was preparing to stab when a shadow came over the both of us. Two hands grabbed the soldier by his back and threw him off of me.

The soldier slammed into a tree, but he more nimble on his feet than I realized. He jumped to his feet and drew his sword, but he was not faster than my unknown savior. A gunshot rang out, and the soldier fell to the ground.

"Matt," a voice said, "Get up." As I did so, I recognized my savior. "Tony", I sighed in relief. My brother had saved me.

But the reunion wouldn't last for long. "Matt, you should have known better. He was hiding in plain sight." my brother lectured, "If I hadn't been nearby, you would have been dead."

"I know brother," I said apologetically.

He shook his head, then a cheer came up through the various greenery that made up the jungle. I started in surprise.

My brother looked out, then smiled. "We've won Matt. The enemy has fled."

I sighed in relief. The four hours of fighting had been worth it. "Come now," Tony gestured, "Back to the fort."

Both of us then ran toward Griller Stadium's large walls, and eventually passed through the gate into the fort.

Passing through the gate, we then received our field ration, then found a spot to relax and eat. We ate in silence, but as I started to finish off the ration, Darren spoke.

"Matt," he said, "do you remember our parents?"

I stopped eating. "What?" I asked.

"Do you remember our parents? Like what they looked like, or if they were even Arcadian?" Tony asked intensely.

I looked down at my food, the small portion left looking unappetizing. "The orphanage never told us, remember?" I reminded him.

"I know, I know," Tony said sadly, "But, do you remember seeing them at all? Even in your dreams?"

I shook my head. But then I smiled sadly. "Well, if they could see us now, they'd be proud," I assured him. He did not respond. He merely stared at the sun dipping toward the horizon, his face emotionless.

"You done with your food?" he asked, then stood up suddenly.

"Yes," I said, handing him my leftover portion. He then walked away toward the mess tent.

I frowned. Tony had been moody lately. He didn't speak as much as he used to, and he wasn't getting enough sleep. At least once a night, he would toss and turn in his sleep. He hadn't been eating as much, and even the ration we received now he'd only eaten half of it.

But we've accomplished so much! I thought. We'd gotten into The Griller Guard, passed the Initiate test, and been granted Tier One. Tony had even been hinted at by an officer that he would soon receive Tier Two. Why is he acting like this if there's everything to be happy for? Even though we'd been left in front of a seedy orphanage in the Outer Rim of the Arcadian Galaxy, me a baby and Tony a three year-old boy, we'd sacrificed everything to get here. And now he's unhappy, not even thinking about the things that we do have.

I sighed, then I heard an officer order everyone to their bunks. I stood up, and watched the last bit of the sun's ray dip below the horizon. Then I trudged to my barracks in the fort.

In the morning, I woke up, and began to get ready. However, I felt that something was wrong. Very wrong. I pulled on my uniform and slipped on my boots, and was just leaving the barracks when it hit me. I looked back into the barracks, and Tony's boots were still on the floor. Tony would always wake up before I did. Why would he skip it now? I walked into the barracks, a sick feeling in my throat. I looked into Tony's bunk, and he was not there. Perhaps he forgot his boots, I should bring them to him, I thought.

Then I saw it. The envelope. Lying on his pillow. At this moment, my blood ran cold.

I opened the envelope and unfolded the note inside. Instantly, I knew that Tony had written this. The writing was his. The contents of the note sent me crashing on the inside.

"My brother,
I have left the Guard. I am no longer apart of the military. You will most likely never see me again.
I am so sorry.
 - Tony"

I stood, emotion causing me to become motionless. Suddenly, I saw another piece of paper in the envelope. This one must have been left by accident. As I read the seven simple words on the piece of paper, my hands shook, and chills wracked my body.

"Frostfield Army Corps. Tony Polmarck, Level One."

V\/V\/V\/V\/V\/|||||\/V\/V\/V\/V\/V
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:07:53 PM by MrAnnihilator111 » Logged
MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »

This was really hard work. Please like it. Chapter Two is coming in a few days.
I just realized this has nothing to do with Flipline... I'll fix it right now.
It is fixed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:36:58 PM by D-Walker » Logged
DoctorCheesecake
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

It doesn't HAVE to involve Flipline.
MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »

It doesn't HAVE to involve Flipline.

It's called FAN Fiction for a reason...

Read The Brother War - Chapter One on the Fan Fiction subforum TODAY!
noname
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »

MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »

It's called advertising. You done?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:37:49 PM by D-Walker » Logged
snivader
Ultimate Magician
Better Than Papa!

nyeh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »

I cant even find a picture for my reaction at your advertising.
asdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjkl

if only mages could cast revive spells
noname
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »

Why advertise for a topic YOU'RE POSTING ON?
Carly
Lemon lover
Restaurant Legend

Dat lemon....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »

Ha

* image.jpg (276.21 KB, 1980x1540 - viewed 136 times.)

Can't wait for the donuts!!!!
cypher
Unstoppable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »

Why would you make this thread for any reason other than an attempt to prove that god has died?
MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »

What's with the pics? Anyway, I hope the people who actually READ the fanfic liked it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:38:02 PM by D-Walker » Logged
Carly
Lemon lover
Restaurant Legend

Dat lemon....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »

OMG u keep doing it. Anyways advertising is not allowed
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=207.0

Can't wait for the donuts!!!!
Papl
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »

What's with the pics? Anyway, I hope the people who actually READ the fanfic liked it.

get banned if you want to dig your grave
MrAnnihilator111
Franchise Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »

OMG u keep doing it. Anyways advertising is not allowed
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=207.0

False. "Do not post links or advertise sites" which I am not doing. "Links to sites, videos, or images that are relevant to the topic are generally fine, but if you’re promoting off-topic sites or services (or if you’re acting like a spambot) we will remove your links and potentially ban the account for repeat offenders." "You should also not post advertising links on your profile and signature." As you can see, I am following the guidelines of this forum.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:38:18 PM by D-Walker » Logged
ewn
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 11:56:56 PM »

No, just no.
Pages: [1] 2   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.