Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 122   
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 65656 times)
-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

Garlic Salt for taste

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 18, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »

Brother E: I saw people in some YouTube comments supporting the protests too, saying "They took our jobs!" and so forth.

I get why people protest though. If they have no job, they just can't sit quarantined in their houses for months as the debt of bills and such add up.
Well that's the governments fault, it's not like they haven't been trying to support small businesses because they really have. Biggest problem is pretty much the fact we haven't had a pandemic at this big of scale in so long everyone alive has never felt affects caused by outbreaks. Whether they'd like to admit it or not, many people will be losing jobs/businesses, in fact people have already been starting to lose such. They need to accept defeat or else they just look like greedy business owners who only care about their income, and not the well-being of others. It sucks, but there's no way of preventing businesses being lost at this point. It's been proven, A lot of people will be unemployed because of this pandemic.

Thank you for supporting my KCP entries and helping Delta appear in the tournament!
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 18, 2020, 02:19:07 PM »

Well that's the governments fault, it's not like they haven't been trying to support small businesses because they really have. Biggest problem is pretty much the fact we haven't had a pandemic at this big of scale in so long everyone alive has never felt affects caused by outbreaks. Whether they'd like to admit it or not, many people will be losing jobs/businesses, in fact people have already been starting to lose such. They need to accept defeat or else they just look like greedy business owners who only care about their income, and not the well-being of others. It sucks, but there's no way of preventing businesses being lost at this point. It's been proven, A lot of people will be unemployed because of this pandemic.
Brother E: Exactly. That's why people are protesting, because of their jobs being lost. I don't think anyone is protesting just for spite.

May the best customer win KCP! Cheesy
Bandero
Christian
Franchise Owner

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 18, 2020, 08:58:45 PM »

Brother E: Exactly. That's why people are protesting, because of their jobs being lost. I don't think anyone is protesting just for spite.
Does protesting in a large crowd seem like a safe idea when there's a pandemic spreading? These protests will directly lead to more loss of life.

Long Signature:
TWG Stats:
LXXXIX - Win - Disguised Wolf
XC - Loss - Human
XCI - Loss - Insomniac
XCII - Win - Wolf
XCIII - Loss - Cheater
XCIV - Loss - Guardian
XCV - Game Died - Guardian
XCVI - Loss - Politician
XCVII - Loss - Seer
XCVIII - Loss - Human
XCIX - Win and MVP - Angakkuq
C - Loss - Wanderer
CI - Host
CII - Win - Insomniac
CIII - Loss - Disguised Wolf
CIV - Win - Human
CV - Loss - Human
CVI - Win - Arctic Wolf
CVII - Lose - Seer/Servant/Human
CVIII - Host
CIX - N/A
CX - Win - Lvov
CXI - Win and MVP - Arsonist
CXII - Win and MVP - Espionage Wolf
You are a true savage.
Makes name change poll
doesn't pick name with most votes
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 18, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »

Canada’s healthcare system is worse. Instead of paying, you have to wait a ridiculously long amount of time to get a surgery that your life may depend on. That’s happened to my cousins who live in Canada multiple times. Nothing in life is free
^
I had three family members nearly die from negligent health care in the US, and many friends and family are completely crippled by debt from hospital bills. I’m okay with waiting for a long time

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 18, 2020, 09:06:07 PM »

For those who’ve seen the story before, my mother has told me that my youngest brother also had a near death situation in these awful hospitals. apparently when he was choking, the doctors were like “eh he’ll be fine he’s still talking”. and left him alone. He was choking on a candy and it was in a place in his throat where he could breathe, but it could have easily been dislodged and caused him to suffocate. The medical bill we got for that I don’t remember the price, but I do know that for that crappy treatment it was at least 200$

Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 18, 2020, 09:14:34 PM »

Why would you think that I want people to die? I just don’t want people to be stripped of their freedom. This is America, the home of the free.
A lot of countries are more free than the United States. Don't delude yourself.
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 18, 2020, 09:20:15 PM »

Canada’s healthcare system is worse. Instead of paying, you have to wait a ridiculously long amount of time to get a surgery that your life may depend on. That’s happened to my cousins who live in Canada multiple times. Nothing in life is free
^
Your cousins in Canada are liars, or you are making this up. Probably both. The healthcare here is astronomically better than your sordid excuse for a healthcare system. There is a reason Canadians live 4.9 years longer on average than Americans and it isn't diet.

This post is so disgusting and you should be ASHAMED of spreading lies.

When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer even though it was not life-threatening, but could become that, she received surgery within TWO WEEKS and it was gone. It was FREE. She is now healthy. In the United States she would have to pay tens of thousands of dollars (because we cannot afford health insurance), and actually it would take longer because we do not have the money.

At least do your research before making up disgusting lies. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading misconceptions like this. The healthcare system here saved my mother's life.
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 18, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »

For those who’ve seen the story before, my mother has told me that my youngest brother also had a near death situation in these awful hospitals. apparently when he was choking, the doctors were like “eh he’ll be fine he’s still talking”. and left him alone. He was choking on a candy and it was in a place in his throat where he could breathe, but it could have easily been dislodged and caused him to suffocate. The medical bill we got for that I don’t remember the price, but I do know that for that crappy treatment it was at least 200$
It's okay, he is a liar. I am sorry for your suffering and losses. I hope there can be reform.
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 18, 2020, 09:25:01 PM »

Your cousins in Canada are liars, or you are making this up. Probably both. The healthcare here is astronomically better than your sordid excuse for a healthcare system. There is a reason Canadians live 4.9 years longer on average than Americans and it isn't diet.

This post is so disgusting and you should be ASHAMED of spreading lies.

When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer even though it was not life-threatening, but could become that, she received surgery within TWO WEEKS and it was gone. It was FREE. She is now healthy. In the United States she would have to pay tens of thousands of dollars (because we cannot afford health insurance), and actually it would take longer because we do not have the money.

At least do your research before making up disgusting lies. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading misconceptions like this. The healthcare system here saved my mother's life.
I’m so grateful that your mother could receive the wonderful and especially free healthcare in Canada! I am always so happy to hear that she is doing well after the cancer. Surgery within two weeks is just unheard of here. Thank you for shutting down the lies! May your mother continue to stay healthy and well!!

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 18, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »

In the United States she would have to pay tens of thousands of dollars (because we cannot afford health insurance), and actually it would take longer because we do not have the money.
In America, healthcare is seen as a commodity, whereas many other countries see access to healthcare is seen as a human right. As a result, many other countries have affordable, if not free healthcare.
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 18, 2020, 09:35:05 PM »

Profit over people

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 18, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »

A lot of countries are more free than the United States. Don't delude yourself.
Most Americans are brainwashed to believe America is "the land of the free". Ironically, the US National Anthem, where the phrase "land of the free" came from, was written back when there were still slaves, and only white men, older than 21, could vote. Fortunately, things are better in modern times, but progress still needs to be made, for example, there are still minorities who are discriminated against.
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 18, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

There’s a lot of propaganda in the US. Be careful what people are telling you! We aren’t as free as we think we are here

Ianiant
Restaurant Pro

Azaleah the Barista Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 18, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »

To be fair, the US is much more free than North Korea.

Check out my FC's!!!
Archive: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=49238.0
News, Discussion, and Q&A:  http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24278.0

Profile picture by Synth
Rossome
Pro-Life
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 18, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »

Most Americans are brainwashed to believe America is "the land of the free". Ironically, the US National Anthem, where the phrase "land of the free" came from, was written back when there were still slaves, and only white men, older than 21, could vote. Fortunately, things are better in modern times, but progress still needs to be made, for example, there are still minorities who are discriminated against.

The United States is the freest and most accepting country in the world. Unfortunately, no matter where you go, or how much is done, there will unfortunately always be people who discriminate against others. And why are we talking about this in a Covid-19 topic?

Other Links:
Check out my Fan Game, Papa’s Saladeria! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65687.0
Please sign this petition to bring back Wendy’s Wheels!!!! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66739.0
Please ask me anything! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24254.
Rowlet -- 7/11/17
Audino -- 7/25/17
Combee -- 7/31/17
LePete -- Date Unknown
Nebby -- 8/21/17
Beaten Android -- 1/8/18
Supergirl and Superman -- Date Unknown
Tangerine -- 1/16/18
Waluigi -- 6/13/18
Cross -- 6/24/18
Yellow Onion  - 8/16/18
Pro-Life Avatar - 1/19/19
Nellie - 3/26/2020
David Wallace - 5/1/2020
Deano - 5/1/2020
Dark Deano - 5/6/2020
Gondola 500 Icon - 5/12/2020
Deano - 5/18/2020
Wendy from Wendy’s Wheels - 5/23/2020
Deano - 8/31/2020
Johnny - 9/24/20
Rossome (FC) - 10/9/20
My KCP 2020 Entries - 10/15/20
Papa’s Bakeria Icon - 11/30/20
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 122   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.